PDA

View Full Version : ps2 online connections?

slick E
08-10-2006, 07:09 PM
can anybody help me and tell me what do i need to play online i have no idea how to it

Unforgiven
08-10-2006, 07:13 PM
To play online with your PS2, you need the adapter pack. With that you get the adapter and the disc to hook it up. Once its all hooked up, you play online...for free.

slick E
08-10-2006, 07:22 PM
an adaptor like this one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00003E37F/202-9954227-3132611?v=glance&n=300703

Kong
08-10-2006, 07:41 PM
i got the adaptor but could not use it cos you need an ethernet modem and i had a different one but i got one for that and wireless then i could not find the disk for the set up of net play, then my playstation broke, so fuck ps2's lol.

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
08-10-2006, 08:10 PM
buy an xbox or 360...then pay 49.99 for a year of online play

Bone Collecta
08-10-2006, 10:17 PM
fuck an xbox u gotta pay extra service. why do that when u can use the service u have?

Dirty Knowledge
08-10-2006, 10:21 PM
PS2 Online is the shit, I only play PS2 online unless it's GTA and I'm mostly playing uptodate sport's games on the user name DubZnUp just in case you may run in to me one day. But you do need the adapter and you don't pay for PS2 Online. Unless I haven't yet with the sport's games, you usually get free sponsorship from ESPN. DSL will work with it too just take the connector out of your CPU and in to the bigger connector on the PS2 adapter which is probably covered by tape.

Bloo
08-10-2006, 10:38 PM
Yeah, it's actually pretty easy seeing as how the PS2 supports high speed and dial up. But basically if you have the old school tank PS2, you need to buy an adapter if you have the slim PS2 it's built in. But basically plug in a phone cord (dial up) or an ethernet cable (from your high speed modem) and pop in the network disc that comes with it. Also make sure you have at lease 2 megs free on your memory card so you can save your settings. After that you should be good to go.

I fuck around online with my PS2 mostly Killzone, so if anyone ever wants to get down holla at me. Also, if you have any problems setting it up let me know, I can help ya out with that.

Dirty Knowledge
08-10-2006, 10:49 PM
Killzone? Damn, you can go Online with that? It's a pretty old game I played the demo few years back and it kicked ass. I've been looking for a bad ass fighting game like that to go online with.

Bloo
08-10-2006, 10:55 PM
Oh hellz yeah :) Killzone is like the PS2's Halo. Not as defined but just as fun IMO. You get yourself a headset and you're in the house. Be poppin caps in all kinds of fools. I play it just as much if not more than Halo. I just didn't ever start a thread cause I didn't think too many people still fucked with their PS2s especially online. But if you got it let me know what' up and I'll add you to my buddy list you can get a brond new copy for like $20 seeing as how it's on the Greatest Hits list now.

slick E
08-11-2006, 01:22 AM
Yeah, it's actually pretty easy seeing as how the PS2 supports high speed and dial up. But basically if you have the old school tank PS2, you need to buy an adapter if you have the slim PS2 it's built in. But basically plug in a phone cord (dial up) or an ethernet cable (from your high speed modem) and pop in the network disc that comes with it. Also make sure you have at lease 2 megs free on your memory card so you can save your settings. After that you should be good to go.

I fuck around online with my PS2 mostly Killzone, so if anyone ever wants to get down holla at me. Also, if you have any problems setting it up let me know, I can help ya out with that.

i got the small ps2 but what network cd are you talking about i got the comcast fast connection and for the internet there is box that connects with the phone too and there are a bunch of cables which one do i use

thanks everybody for the info

Bloo
08-11-2006, 03:44 AM
There should've been a disc that came with your PS2 called "Network Adapter Startup Disc" somewhere in the box (hopefully you haven't thrown it away) If you find it just put it in your PS2. It'll load up and ask you what kind of connection you're trying to set up.

If it is high speed then make sure you have your ethernet cable plugged into the back of the PS2 and your modem is online (of course). From there just go to a network setup and select everything as automatic to save time and trouble. Afterwards it'll ask if you wanna test the connection, say yes and if the connection works save the settings to your memory card.

Hoped that helped a bit more. But the main thing you're gonna need is that CD so check around, it should've come in a little cardboard slipcover somewhere inside your PS2's box.

slick E
08-11-2006, 11:12 AM
There should've been a disc that came with your PS2 called "Network Adapter Startup Disc" somewhere in the box (hopefully you haven't thrown it away) If you find it just put it in your PS2. It'll load up and ask you what kind of connection you're trying to set up.

If it is high speed then make sure you have your ethernet cable plugged into the back of the PS2 and your modem is online (of course). From there just go to a network setup and select everything as automatic to save time and trouble. Afterwards it'll ask if you wanna test the connection, say yes and if the connection works save the settings to your memory card.

Hoped that helped a bit more. But the main thing you're gonna need is that CD so check around, it should've come in a little cardboard slipcover somewhere inside your PS2's box.
yeah i had it but i lost it dammnn
whrere can i get one

Kong
08-11-2006, 11:45 AM
i'm going to borrow my friends slimline to have a go on that net play, what is gta like on it?

slick E
08-11-2006, 06:51 PM
hey bloohook the ethenel cable is connected to the compuer and the box if i disconnect it would it damage the computer or something and i triyed to connect the fifa soccer game i have and i plugged in the phone cable and it said that i needed the ethennel cable so i just need that cable and that is ?

hey i tried that ethenel cable that is connected to the computer in the ps2 but it did not work can anubodu help me

Kong
08-11-2006, 10:53 PM
do you have to have a disk for the slimline, is there a way round it?

slick E
08-11-2006, 11:03 PM
do you have to have a disk for the slimline, is there a way round it?

no i lost but i have bean in other forums and they said tha i dont need it

Kong
08-12-2006, 06:48 AM
ok thanks