PDA

View Full Version : books....

shaolinsword
08-11-2006, 07:49 AM
right i'm not sure what topic this is sposed to go in seeing as it's both about a general book and wu tang so yeah.... although i'm pretty sure this is a dumb question but seeing as i have book one of the wu tang manual is there any more coming out? and if so when or are they alreayd out? Also has anyone read the hagakure?

CashRules
08-11-2006, 10:55 AM
Not read it but remember seeing it on Ghost Dog, looks interseting

Unforgiven
08-11-2006, 11:31 AM
I wanted to read all the books from Ghost Dog, but I'm not a big reader...maybe when I'm older, I'd like to read Sun Tzu's Art of War, someone told me its how war is like chess, but I wanna read it and find out....

100pr00f
08-11-2006, 12:24 PM
hagakure?

havent read it but its a realy good book i heard
the way of the samurai
tells u every thing about how they lived the rules they followd
what diff terms mean

i got the manual...thier is only one

and im not sure about thier being others...maybe some time down the line after wu tang is done
but for now rza too busy wth life

shaolinsword
08-14-2006, 03:45 AM
yeah sun tzu's the art of war seems quite a good book as well, hagakure sounds really good going by the bits forest whittaker reads out in ghost dog

supremecharma
08-14-2006, 03:51 AM
THe Holy Bible

listffa
08-14-2006, 04:39 AM
hagakure is really a good book. i've read it couple of times (it took me some time to understand it clearly). it was written by yamamoto tsunetomo in 1700. the book explains what is the way of the samurai, what makes a good samurai, how they lived, contains lots of old japanese proverbs, sayings and wisdom. i truly recommend reading it.

"...there is something to be learned from a rainstorm. when meeting with a sudden shower, you try not to get wet and run quickly along the road. but doing such things as passing under the eaves of houses, you still get wet. when you are resolved from the beginning, you will not be perplexed, though you still get same soaking. this understanding extends to everything..."

urban_angel
08-14-2006, 04:45 AM
Yes, the Wu Manual, is a great read, I have it. And I've also read The Art Of War, and The Art of Peace, and hagakure. They are all amazing books that you will find you can take alot from. They are all definitely worth reading!!

As for follow ups, well with Rza saying he is releasing 'The Cure' there was talk that he might release it as a book, soo I'm not sure what's going on with that though, keep an eye out for any info you can get on it.

peace

O:)

shaolinsword
08-14-2006, 08:46 AM
wasn't RZA supposed to be releasing the cure years ago? but then turned into a myth? meh anyway nice sig

urban_angel
08-14-2006, 11:05 AM
yeah I dunno shaolinsword, cos I keep hearing every so often something bout the cure, so I dunno now....guess we may find out in time...or not :S

thanx hon.

p