PDA

View Full Version : I tried giving Grandmasters another listen...

Prolifical ENG
08-11-2006, 09:15 PM
Yeah the production is good....

I never bought that album but thought since people here liked it so much it inspired me for another listen and perhaps purchasing it.

But then like some argued when this album first came out....GZA kept flowin off beat and sounded lazy....I couldnt take it anymore and shut it off.

I know he technically isnt flowing off beat and know what he was trying to do...I just couldnt take it. However the way that he did flow made his lyrics stand out over the beats.

On the other hand Im glad that a lot of cats on here really enjoyed that album.

THE W
08-11-2006, 09:18 PM
you could've added this to the review thread ya know.

36chambers
08-11-2006, 09:20 PM
^^beef between 2 mods

Prolifical ENG
08-11-2006, 09:20 PM
nah i had to get that off my chest and let people know...hence open a new thread :mmmyah:

THE W
08-11-2006, 09:27 PM
hmm,

but yeah gza's flow can get in the way of his great lyrics. its almost like he's staggering or something.

and stop instigating 36

Hollow Dartz
08-11-2006, 09:38 PM
Still not better than Lex Diamond Story.

Longbongcilvaringz
08-11-2006, 10:25 PM
you either hate it or love it, thats the way i see it.

better then most other stuff from 2005

deadlymelody
08-12-2006, 01:51 AM
Queen's Gambit, Illusionary Protection, Destruction of A Guard? Yeah, he's pretty damn good.

cap
08-13-2006, 01:50 PM
this album is actually starting to grow on me.
although i dont listen to it very often.

Razorsharp
08-13-2006, 01:55 PM
^^beef between 2 mods

*Beatstreet song comes on*

They gonna battle man... they gon battle!!! hahaha

yep... this LP is good... All In Together... the guitar riff... i like it!!! lol

4-Bar Killer
08-13-2006, 04:00 PM

I never bought that album but thought since people here liked it so much it inspired me for another listen and perhaps purchasing it.

But then like some argued when this album first came out....GZA kept flowin off beat and sounded lazy....I couldnt take it anymore and shut it off.

I know he technically isnt flowing off beat and know what he was trying to do...I just couldnt take it. However the way that he did flow made his lyrics stand out over the beats.

you know I kinda feels the same way.. but there's definitely one ill song; unstoppable threats.. I mean, try to listen to P sunn on that song.. best verse on the LP.. crazy flow..

GENERAL WISE
08-13-2006, 11:22 PM
Grandmasters >>>> Razorsharp's & Prolific Eng's lives combined

shaolinsword
08-14-2006, 03:57 AM
i thought it was a good album especially all in together now and destruction of a guard although the song that starts off with the bit saying "when i wave my flashing sword" wasn't that good

CHRONZ
08-14-2006, 09:20 AM
Great Album, still enjoy listning to it !

Dante
08-14-2006, 09:29 AM
Destruction of a Guard could of been one of my favorite tracks on the album if it wasn't for the beat, GZA rips hard on that song, but i just can't get into the beat. And i agree about his flow on this album, but he did good on General Principles tho.

The Wizzard
08-14-2006, 12:41 PM
I think the album is dope, the productions is killa and the flows are sick, Queen's Gambit is the shit.

famenchuan
08-14-2006, 01:43 PM
Still have this in rotation. Great album.

ShaDynasty
08-14-2006, 03:30 PM
i cant believe anyone likes the production on that album
just sounds like muggs trying to do rza beats
its a shame because gzas lyrics on the album are incredible

sakk
08-14-2006, 03:34 PM
Great album id say.

tekunique
08-14-2006, 03:35 PM
instant classic for me...

smokebongoncliff
08-14-2006, 04:50 PM
this albums dope. you gotta just take into mind this is a 41 year old man. a legend

ERN-DAWGY
08-24-2006, 11:44 PM
u kno what I put this album down for a couple of months n now I read this thread I'm listening to it again..wow this album got a lot better from the first listen

peace to GZA n Muggz

Baitong
08-25-2006, 08:03 AM
Nothing is Wrong with the album and i don't even think GZA sounds lazy :fucku:

TheSupremeSwordwielder
08-25-2006, 03:53 PM
This LP is NUCKIN' FUTS!!! Bottom line. Period. Start to finish, this shit is ill!!!! Wow, I might have to listen to this when I get home...

Dirty Knowledge
08-25-2006, 05:45 PM
This album is a classic, the beats are off the chain, the lyrics are on point, the guest slots are perfect.. this album is what you need to be listening to when you smoking a blunt in the whip all by yourself.. when you riding home at night from work.. when you wake up in the morning and hit a wake-n-bake..

RAMESH
08-27-2006, 08:35 AM
grandmasters is a classic cd that is aimed for the more experianced listener alot of u guys are not ready for this & i don't think u will ever be it's your loss.

RAMESH
08-27-2006, 11:44 AM
its a shame because gzas lyrics on the album are incredible i think drunken wu must of been really drunk when he listened to this so drunk that he missed the point i think he must of been so pissed that the beats must of fucked his head up or maybe he was listening to words from the genius thinking it was grandmasters or maybe it was young buck stop drinking that cheap shit it's fuckin with your head. how did u want the cd to sound like a jazz cd? it's wu-tang bitch remember that.

IvanKorbi
08-27-2006, 02:20 PM
Not close to classic, but the album is a solid effort, not many things to point fingers at.

num2son
08-27-2006, 03:06 PM
Still not better than Lex Diamond Story.

LOL, thats your opinion

But i say NO WAY.

Dante
08-27-2006, 03:31 PM
its a shame because gzas lyrics on the album are incredible

I agree, there are maybe only like 3 beats that i really like on this album, for the most part the production on this isn't too great. GZA really needs better ears for production

Luz
08-27-2006, 05:09 PM
The album is good but nothing amazing. Muggs' beats are just so bare sometimes, a short little clip looped forever. GZA's sleepy flow doesn't help. The lyrics are great but the album can get a little slow after a while.

Origin™
09-01-2006, 10:01 AM
Probably my favourite album of 05. replay factor of that cd is crazy. it's a shame it never got much publicity in the mainstream. i see the music video for general principles once, when the album was released at like 3am o.O video is raw.

ShadowOfShaolin
09-06-2006, 04:32 PM
I think both the lyrics and beats are on point.
To me it seems both Muggs and GZA putted in a big effort in making this album perfect. I can listen to this album at repeat a whole day and not skip one single track. Though, I must admit that there's a couple of tracks that seems to get boring after a while.
But all in all this album is a definately must have!

I can't wait for GZA's album coming this winter.

ShaolinDarts
09-09-2006, 01:45 PM

I like this album but at the same time I agree with the above too. The beats and lyrics carry this album but the delivery could have been way sharper.