PDA

View Full Version : Chuang Tzu

noel411
08-14-2006, 09:21 PM
Just wondering if anybody here has read his work at length, and if so which are the better book titles to look out for?

LHX
08-14-2006, 09:51 PM
i'm re-reading it right now

ill get back to you on it

SubtleEnergies
08-14-2006, 09:56 PM
I only know of one work by him.

I liked it.

I would also suggest Hua Hu Ching translated by Brian Walker.

The Wizzard
08-15-2006, 12:14 AM
I've never read any of his work, but are some of his principles?

GuardianOne
08-16-2006, 09:54 AM
Just wondering if anybody here has read his work at length, and if so which are the better book titles to look out for?

Most are in Chinese (both classes), there is also Lieh Tzu...

Peace

noel411
09-02-2006, 11:44 AM
i'm re-reading it right now

ill get back to you on it
Did you finish it yet? I was looking at this one today at the book shop...

http://www.amazon.com/Book-Chuang-Tzu-Arkana-S/dp/0140194886/sr=8-3/qid=1157215255/ref=pd_bbs_3/002-0289348-2517620?ie=UTF8&s=books

Looked pretty good. I'll probably pick it up next week.

GuardianOne
09-04-2006, 05:30 AM
Did you finish it yet? I was looking at this one today at the book shop...

http://www.amazon.com/Book-Chuang-Tzu-Arkana-S/dp/0140194886/sr=8-3/qid=1157215255/ref=pd_bbs_3/002-0289348-2517620?ie=UTF8&s=books

Looked pretty good. I'll probably pick it up next week.

If you fail to get the Chinese text, try and get the complete works of chuang - tzu.

Anyway i was looking through your link to the amazon, the books look nice and colourful...

Apart from that, i just thought of this taoist story...can't remember where i heard it. If anyone has the full story paste it here...

note: this is not the full story nor is it accurate (iam just bringing out from my memory)

So...

There was this great emperor who was magnificent to say the least, he had everything, his city was great indeed. With all you could imagine. Only the strong women, only the beautiful horses, only the brave animals, and the wild but obedient works could be found in his kingdom. He had the wisdom which all his advisor's acknowledged. But he knew that this was not true. He had heard of two groups of men who were known to be wise but could he could never get the to tell hi (the king) his folly's...

So he craftily sent his messengers to inform the that both groups where to com to his kingdom and perform some tasks for the king (for he knew if he said tests - they would not agree)...

When each task was completed the king failed to determine which group was better, as the king wanted to check his own wisdom of understanding...

So at the end he said to both groups of men (incidentally the groups where Tao and the other Confucius)

The emperor had a large room underground, which was empty with dust and dirt. then he got the room separated in between there was a large curtain, that neither could see the other side...

Then he said who ever can make there side of the room beautiful would win...they would be provided with all that they requested.

they were given a full week to complete their task....

Each day the Confucius group ordered paint and brushes of all kinds and all shades of colours.... as they painted the walls

Each day the taoist group ordered more wine and more clothes

So each day passed

The other group continued painting, whilst the other group continued sing and getting intoxicated....

At the end of the week all groups had completed. Then the emperor was summoned...

Who came with all the grace an emperor could only be fit with.

Then he looked first at the Confucius group side and

yes he saw what only fit what his mind could imagine

The wall was covered in the most beautiful picture that they all had ever seen, an exact picture of his kingdom and toward the end where the valley extended to the unseen valleys the emperor was pictured conquering his enemies in the daylight, riding his trusted horse....

He had made up his mind there was nothing that could defeat such splendid art... all agreed that. Then the went up and out to the other side of the room.

Then they saw on the taoist side, a well polished wall that was exquisitely shining....

To the emperors bequeath, he ordered in the biggest disappointed voice of his asking why they tarnished his sight with nothing to see but a disrespectful sight of only an empty wall....

As the oldest taoist there asked, the if they could be given a moment so he could look again....

The taoist asked that the remove the curtain and see what the other group had done....

Once the curtain was dropped to the ground at once, everyone looked directly toward the Confucius group side and acknowledged that yes it was beautiful...

Then as they turned to look at the taoist side they almost fell to the ground as in full light.

The Picture which had been painted by the other group reflected on the taoist wall which enlarged and brought the picture seemingly to life. where upon every one acknowledged that yes they had accomplished what the emperor wanted...

Upon saying this the taoists all refused and said:

They only did what they had too, whilst the other group had manifested their well trained art form. And no one could question this... at that they (taoist group)all went out of the building and not one of them was ever to be seen again.Before the emperor could even say another word...

Peace
PS: I forgot the entire story... so its not exact...

suav3
09-08-2006, 02:56 AM
are you fucking serious.. there are religions of such groups still to this day... tao is mostly accepted with chinesse and many other cultures lots of black magic and wisdom it teaches.... after hearing that makes me want to get into it now.... many gang affiliated traids are in tao's mainly toppas... i guess thats only when you discover the code..

thelion1856
09-11-2006, 01:46 AM
To speak rarely is natural.
That is why a gusty wind doesn't last the morning,
a downpour of rain dosent last the day.
Who does this? Heaven and earth.
If even heaven and earth cannot go on forever,
how much less can human beings!
Therfore those who follow the Way assimilate to the Way;
the virtuous assimilate to virtue,
those who have lost assimilate to loss.
Those who assimilate to the Way are happy to gain it,
those who assimilate to virtue too are happy to gain it,
and those who assimilate to loss are also happy to gain it.
When trust is insufficient, there is distrust.

"those who assimilate to loss are also happy to gain it."

the inner meaning of loss here is reduction of selfishness, pride, egoism, greed, and possessivness; assimilation to loss can refer to a purely internal process or to the process of using external loss, when it happens, as a means of approaching loss in the inner liberative sense.

GuardianOne
09-11-2006, 02:30 AM
Is there difference with what you have said and what you have not said.
what is difference, and why do people go and separate the truth, there is internal, there is external...

When you have studied the self, it is better to study the self than study another being, glotting in ones victory distroys the self and others amongst.is this not the same. why worry about the hard and soft.

There is no difference between internal and external, self and other,isn't all this the same...

Realize this and you may gain a bit of experience.

why study at all, forget about such things and know that both life and no life are the same. Male and female appear the same. There are no two equals. There is no superior nor is there an inferior, what man makes of it is only what he wants others to expect. What is expected and what is not expected, is this not the same, of what man has created. What is man, can you grasp the moment. If you can then you are near to acheiving what others can not. Realize the moment. As the will of heaven is amongst. The will of man has been experienced by generations. Mankind has been born, and mankind has experienced an end. Is there really birth or an end, when some return, in this lifetime - can not tell what shall be in the next.

Great space has no boundaries...

Keep to simple practice...

thelion1856
09-11-2006, 03:06 AM
we should just make a tao forum.

When a group of people unifies, a hundred people have surplus strength. Therefore, to rely on the power of one individual is sure to result in insecurity.

When the unexpected happens, the ignorant are suprised; knowers don't think it strange.

GuardianOne
09-11-2006, 04:11 AM
we should just make a tao forum.

I don't know if that's a good idea. You know that too much cleverness underlies group harmony.
When there is too much knowledge by everyone, there will be no one to understand.

Anyway

There was this society called "Adding Creation", if you have a chance you might want to get some of there scriptures, i don't think you can find their scriptures on the internet. You might want to get someone with links to ASIA.

and also seek some of the celestial masters society, their scriptures are if not too simple a word HARD to find.

I have some of them...

Well i was in the Taoist Natural Society. But for most societies its hard to find their scriptures. There is this one scritpure on the definition of making inner alchemy (smelting and so forth) iam sure most of those scriptures you will not get on the internet. For you if you find any (just count you 140 blessings before breakfast that day)

Still we can always continue with the stories...

suav3
09-12-2006, 10:29 AM
some big knowledge being spit here...... and thats basically it... wu-tang is able to incorporate everything is one... and thats why they tell people take it how you want... guradian one if your really intrested in some scriptures or some knowledge my ( godsister ) has a temple wich she hosts every month i believe.. whenever i go to her house those times i jus see fuccin mercedes benz, beamers, big as trucks, coupes galore... funny thing they all triad mu fuccers who believe in this stuff.. im startnig to understand the concept very much... and its funny how i hear you haveto go through the whole divine intervention and shit to be able to fully understand the whole thing