PDA

View Full Version : X-Clan Member Urges People to Boycott World Trade Movie

Kong
08-16-2006, 02:23 PM
It's so natural for hollywood to assume that every Hero is a White man.
by Paradise Gray of X-Clan

Hollywood has always changed facts and edited history. From Charlton Heston as Moses and Elizabeth Taylor as Cleopatra. They are only continuing their tradition of White-washing our history. If they were able to portray Imhotep (The Mummy and The Mummy Returns who was one of the greatest black Heroes of all times and Jesus Christ as white without a single peep from our community, why should this even matter to them in the least?

Situations like this will continue and we as Black people (or whatever you want to consider yourself) will deserve what we get, unless we are willing to stand up against tyranny and white supremacy.

Demand that this movie be taken out of theatures. Boycott this movie like they attempted to boycott "Barbershop" show some community outrage like they did for the poster of 50's Get Rich Or Die trying. Cause the national media to pick up this story.

Do something for a change. (Yes I'm talking to you!).

Paradise Gray:
http://www.myspace.com/paradisegray

(Please forward to everyone on your email list, as the national press has
not or will not pick up this story)

Full story in The New Pittsburgh Courier: Click Here (http://newpittsburghcourieronline.com/articlelive/articles/35730/1/World-Trade-Center-omits-Black-soldier/WTC-movies-unsung-hero.html).

crass
08-16-2006, 02:44 PM
i wasn't planning on seeing that hollywood shit anyway.

BLACKNEFERTITI07
08-16-2006, 02:50 PM
i saw the movie and i didn't find anything bad with it. even though 9/11 shouldn't have happened, people should not be afraid to go see the movie just because of someone else's opinon, no offense nor should people be afraid to fly in the air like i did when i went to a Student Leadership Conference to the Nation's Capital.

we should live in a world where fear is put behind us and not thought of, not live in a world where peoples opinions keep us from doing the things that every civilized male and female, young and old do everyday 24/7.

this is my opinion, please do not judge my views please.

MsRzaRecTaH
08-16-2006, 03:25 PM
I would go see it to see how they twisted the truth.

cap
08-16-2006, 03:30 PM
was the person in this movie actually a black guy or something?im missing something

tekunique
08-16-2006, 03:34 PM
was the person in this movie actually a black guy or something?im missing something
no. the story is pretty accurate. its about 2 port authority cops who were trapped in the rubble after they were called [first response] to evacuate peeps from the towers.. they got stuck even before they can get anyone out when the first tower crumbled.

one guy was white and the other was spanish.

crass
08-16-2006, 03:37 PM
i saw the movie and i didn't find anything bad with it. even though 9/11 shouldn't have happened, people should not be afraid to go see the movie just because of someone else's opinon, no offense nor should people be afraid to fly in the air like i did when i went to a Student Leadership Conference to the Nation's Capital.

we should live in a world where fear is put behind us and not thought of, not live in a world where peoples opinions keep us from doing the things that every civilized male and female, young and old do everyday 24/7.

this is my opinion, please do not judge my views please.'

i agree

BLACKNEFERTITI07
08-16-2006, 03:44 PM
'

i agree

thanks crass

MsRzaRecTaH
08-16-2006, 04:02 PM
yeah accurate? how accurate?

tekunique
08-16-2006, 04:06 PM
yeah accurate? how accurate?
being from nyc and being abotu 20 blocks away[my gf lived on west 4th st & 6th ave] when the whole shit happened that day i'd say the film portrayed it pretty accurately. it didnt get into too much politics as lots of ppl suspected that oliver stone would do.

Sicka than aidZ
08-16-2006, 04:13 PM
i dont know. I dont like the idea of it abeing a movie. I guess if all the money went to charitys for the kids in the warzones id approve of it. an i mean all of it.

Kong
08-18-2006, 10:31 AM
theres a follow up on his myspace blog

maestro wooz
08-18-2006, 01:07 PM
I would go see it to see how they twisted the truth.

i agree, but ill wait until its bootlegged cause im not gonna support the commercialization and selling out of every single thing in this world.

crass
08-18-2006, 02:09 PM
^^^haha word.

$inista
08-18-2006, 02:27 PM
seen the shit live dont care to see it, maybe bootleg or I'll check it out when it hits the networks