PDA

View Full Version : Masta Killa on No Said Date

the silencer
08-16-2006, 10:26 PM
i think it was in the 3rd verse.....he says somethin like "now Eminem for example, just another example of ur worst nightmare" or somethin along those lines i cant rememeber...

any1 know what he's talkin about?

carnage
08-17-2006, 12:38 PM
THIRD VERSE FROM "MASTA KILLA"
Yo, I bought this eye-red, no colors allowed
Well how then, give me a few, just listen
Instead of wasting time, try'nna grab them back
The dominant magnetic will always attract
The under-life, quoting him, describe the beat
Now Eminem, for example, just another sample
Of your worst nightmare, coming back at you
So beautiful designed, the places of time, to see
Everything that has been, always will be
Now figure out the riddle, the never ending cycle
Born in his self, back into the circle
I'm thankful for the blessing, testing of the lessons
Answers and questions, trials and tribulations
That were set upon me, it's hard for some to see
But it's clear as day to me..

I think he's just on some pro-black "white nightmare" shit. I guess he's just pointing out that some may fear Eminem being good and are reluctant to say it (because hes white). That's nothing Eminem hasn't said about himself b4 (stealing the black music and doing it soo good). But I have no idea ...

the silencer
08-17-2006, 02:04 PM
im pretty sure the first line is "i thought the sign read no colors allowed"..

and yeah i guess thats what i was figurin..that it was some white devil kinda shit......but i dont think hes intending to say "ppl fear Eminem bein good and are reluctant to say it"...i really dont think Eminem is good......ive always hated him...and im white..

i think hes sayin Eminem is an example of "your worst nightmare" ---the white man comin back at you....MANY ppl in this country were lovin Eminem when he was puttin out records even tho there was like 25 black rappers who were light years ahead of him and gettin no recognition.....

carnage
08-17-2006, 02:21 PM
true, well something along those lines. and yea i think youre right about the first line ... i havent listened to this song in a while, just got the lyrics off the net

Rezyrector
09-15-2006, 04:47 PM
I like "No said date" very much, especially music!! Classic song - real rap style!!

ShaDynasty
09-15-2006, 10:40 PM
eminem is like a modern day elvis

no-one says this shit about 3rd bass
true em got skills but he uses them for pop shit most of the time

rubyspirit
09-20-2006, 10:08 PM
I'm proud to say, other than a video or two, I've never heard a Emimen song.

Rezyrector
09-25-2006, 06:51 PM
Eminem sucks!! Stupid asshole.. He think that he is really cool, but he is wrong.. My granny can move very faster than he))

dnpmonk25
09-28-2006, 02:43 PM
That lyric refers to emenem not being black. Therefore he has no idea what a black man has to put up with or go through in life. The no colors allowed refers to segragation. Worst nightmare refers to the industry (rich white guys) designing a tool (emenem) to take the black mans money from them with something they created(hiphop). Everything that has been will always be refers to the black man always will be brought down one way or the other. And finaly he is a very proud black man and is thankfull for life.

Bis Fan
09-28-2006, 10:29 PM
^^^sureeeeeeeeee

God'sSon2517
10-25-2006, 08:52 PM

You've never heard "Infinite" or "Renegade" with Jay-Z???? Damn... you're missing out.

maSta-s
10-31-2006, 07:08 PM
Eminem sucks!! Stupid asshole.. He think that he is really cool, but he is wrong.. My granny can move very faster than he))

I don't like this bastard, too! I think, that rap is not his busines! He should be a clown!
2fingaz

maSta-s
11-02-2006, 05:26 PM
I like "No said date" very much, especially music!! Classic song - real rap style!!
Word, man!!! This is the real shit! It reminded me music from cinema, when somebody begins to win the battle, or smth like dis, you know I'm sayin'?! ;-)
See ya

maSta-s
12-19-2006, 07:18 PM
PEOPLE!!! rubyspirit is the luckiest man in the WOrld!
;-)

TUCO
12-25-2006, 10:32 PM
i really doubt a rapper can be THAT smart
c'mon now guys....yall dun notice its just a bunch of u building and building to a rhyme

dnpmonk25
03-15-2007, 01:50 PM
c'mon now guys....yall dun notice its just a bunch of u building and building to a rhyme He said it was a riddle so I broke it down! Why do you think an MC can't be that smart? In your PIC it says he ryme right? So your shit is probally just a punch of words building right? Go listen to some classics then make a remark like that on the Masta again. I bet you won't be able to.

Ya_Bane
03-15-2007, 04:47 PM
PEOPLE!!! rubyspirit is the luckiest man in the WOrld!
;-)

woman

11th Chamber
03-15-2007, 10:56 PM

thats a shame

Olive Oil Goombah
03-19-2007, 03:18 PM
People hate on eminem cuz its the cool thing to do nowadays, and I'll admit ive soured on him ALOT since he first came out, but he is dope, there is no way around it. You may not like some of his topic material, but dude has put out songs other rapper dreamed they could write.

Masta Chilla
07-29-2007, 06:06 AM
c'mon now guys....yall dun notice its just a bunch of u building and building to a rhyme

yeah you aren't that smart that doesn't mean that masta killa can't be that smart...

ShaolinDarts
07-29-2007, 08:45 AM
How does anyone really know he is talking about eminem being a rapper and not something else? Eminem does not exclusively relate to the white guy who is a rapper.

davedigital360
02-28-2008, 07:03 AM
anymore interpretations because I have been listening to this track lately and I honestly can't decipher if it's a diss, a compliment or just an observation.

woops. Meant to put this here.

Guarded By Martyrs
02-28-2008, 02:21 PM

More fool you...

That lyric refers to emenem not being black. Therefore he has no idea what a black man has to put up with or go through in life. The no colors allowed refers to segragation. Worst nightmare refers to the industry (rich white guys) designing a tool (emenem) to take the black mans money from them with something they created(hiphop). Everything that has been will always be refers to the black man always will be brought down one way or the other. And finaly he is a very proud black man and is thankfull for life.

You are going too far...
So Dre brought up Eminem to steal black people's money or their culture ?
Come on man think of all the other things you could say with that frame of mind...
What the fuck...
Eminem is a great Emcee...
What about R.A. The Rugged Man or The Beastie Boys ?
Are they "Creations Designed For Theft" ????
I'm syre he would not have used the phrase

"So Beautifully Designed The Places Of Time"

People hate on eminem cuz its the cool thing to do nowadays, and I'll admit ive soured on him ALOT since he first came out, but he is dope, there is no way around it. You may not like some of his topic material, but dude has put out songs other rapper dreamed they could write.

Well said...give that man a round of applause !

woops. Meant to put this here.

Well I think that it's not as simple as it sounds.
And I do agree with SOME of the point put forward by dnpmonk25
But I basically think he is biggin him up
Or giving him some shine...which is understandable as he deserves it.

osiris3000
02-28-2008, 03:34 PM
What he is saying is that with all the bullshit that whites have taken blacks thru all these years here comes eminem a white boy trying to be accepted by black culture. This is a white supremacist's (passive or agressive) "worst nightmare." That's y he says the dominant magnetic will always attract meaning the black man will always rise regardless of what he gets taken thru bcuz he is the original man, in other words the supreme being thats always been here and always will be. I hope that cleared up that shit 4 yall.

SaqurakiHanamichi
02-28-2008, 08:25 PM

thats sad....

DR. NICK RIVIERA
02-29-2008, 10:34 AM
no, that's Ruby Spirit and she's a cat lady.

NoSaidDate420
02-29-2008, 10:43 AM
all i can so is no said date is one of my favorite joints and my screen name. masta killa is fucking ill and anyone who doesnt think so is in a lyrical coma...."the dumb are mostly intruiged by the drum...."

made in brooklyn wasnt what it should have been, but no said date is that real hip-hop shit.

Guarded By Martyrs
02-29-2008, 07:25 PM
Masta Killa is hmm...let me think

Maybe 2nd or 3rd in my book of Uniqueness...

Holocaust being the most Unique.
Then maybe priest.

Killa is so in his own league though.
An Assassin on the mic if ever there was one.

PEACE

PhD
03-03-2008, 09:24 AM
Be careful what you wish for because you just might get it is what he's saying.
White America wanted to keep hip-hop as a 'black' art-form, but black artistes didn't want to accept that and sought to attract them to the art (to buy CDs whatever) by pandering.
But he is saying there was no need to do that because what is on top will always attract followers. But they pandered and got what they didn't want, a white 'Messiah' (Eminem) stepped in and took over (sales-wise).

And now he becomes the dominant magnetic that others will follow.

That's my interpretation.

Guarded By Martyrs
03-04-2008, 12:35 AM
A pretty nice one indeed^

JerseyIronman
03-04-2008, 12:48 AM
im surprised by what im reading here. i never took this as Masta hating on Eminem in anyway

I figured it was something about Eminem being like a modern day Elvis and how its not just black rappers anymore. you got white rappers being a nightmare to the white community as well

NoSaidDate420
03-04-2008, 03:30 PM
im surprised by what im reading here. i never took this as Masta hating on Eminem in anyway

I figured it was something about Eminem being like a modern day Elvis and how its not just black rappers anymore. you got white rappers being a nightmare to the white community as well

yeah co-sign, i took it as more of a diss to media/establishment....eminem is "worst nightmare" for these 12 year old suburban white kids' parents and shit cuz its hip-hop....i seriously doubt masta was dissin em