PDA

View Full Version : THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MC'S BACK IN THE DAY & TODAYS RAPPERS

Wooly Noggins
06-09-2005, 11:19 AM
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MC'S BACK IN THE DAY & TODAYS RAPPERS

You asked me Troy L. to explain my point of view of the difference between Hip Hop back in my era in comparison to now. Well first let me tell you that thereís a big difference between m.c.s and rappers.

Rappers make rap records and are in the game for the sole purpose of monetary gain and fame. They have no love for the microphone or hip-hop, which consists of 4 elements - D.J.ing, Emceeing, Graffiti and Break Dancing!!! And I support this fact with pure evidence.

Check it! Every time there is an anniversary for Rock Steady, Zulu Nation or the Cold Crush or even Disco King Mario do you see any of these rap stars or do you see mad m.c.ís that hold down mics like no other? Huh? No, because they donít fit ;only the ones that have love for this music are there! Rappers donít give out side jams and most of all rappers donít interact with mc.s because m.c.s are a threat to them.

If both were to get on the mic at a jam out side and the d.j. is playing breakbeats , the m.c. will tear the rapper ass up because he is in his domain his arena and he will not only rock rhymes he will rock the party; showcase the d.j. with no gimmicks no hype man, no dancers just him and his gift of gab.

The rapper will say some good rhymes that is probably in record form, meaning it will be 16 or 24 bars and will feel very uncomfortable up there by himself, no dancers, no security and no hype man and to top it off if the record skips he,the rapper will stop and look at the d.j. or search for the soundman. The m.c. will stutter back on track.

And in order for the rapper to rock the crowd he will have to borrow the m.c.s crowd motivation skills, or put on one of his hit records. Last but not least m.c.s roll with other m.c.s, rappers roll with body guards and entourages and stay stuck in v.i.p. rooms.

.................................................. .

However itís somewhat not their fault because the record industry did that to them with trickery.
How can you be a rap star and not be able to hang around your old block and chill? Everything you do is under a microscope!
Then you chip off the founders shit but canít give them a job as A&R or a talent scout! Donít call us in for a collaboration of our shit you take, but pay the record companies that raped us for our voice samples or our songs.

Niggaz talk shit about Will Smith but that motherfucker brought Kool Moe Dee in when he did Wild Wild West! So we have the right to be bitter when we gave up blood , sweat and our souls so these guys can get million dollar deals.

.....______________________________

Video budgets etc. etc. We open the door and these so called rappers hold the knob on the other side so we canít get back in. Donít you know if we was to get them big budgets and have access to them top-notch producers well be just as big if not bigger.

...................____________________________

But they (the record companies) claim that they donít want to take a chance on us! So why did they jump on our music in the first place! They took a chance then and look what happenedÖ.A 12 billion dollar industry! And thatís the difference- peace my brother holla back.

http://www.jayquan.com/jdldiff.htm

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/LOUDBIRD/HIPHOP.jpg

MILF DOOM
06-09-2005, 11:23 AM
this is too long why didnt you just pic the best bits to copy & paste?

Wooly Noggins
06-09-2005, 12:04 PM
Now its in crayon for the kids !

Wooly Noggins
06-09-2005, 05:43 PM
Crayola Mentality

zzzzzz
06-10-2005, 02:55 AM
aint nothing changed

AK Spray
06-10-2005, 03:07 AM
TODAY... THEY THINK WITH THEIR DICKS AND NOT THEIR BRAINS...

There ya go....

Rebel_INS
06-10-2005, 06:20 AM
That shit is TOTALLY TRUE!!! Most of todays rappers are wack as hell

brooklyndodger
06-10-2005, 02:12 PM
the diffrence between an mc and a rapper is this. first, an emcee lives by a certain set of pinciples. rappers don't have any princaples at all. a emcee dose not bite and a rapper will use what ever he can to make a hit. emcees are originators rappers are bitters, imitators, duplicators and perpitratrors! a emcee will never allow a record company to compromise his creativity. a rapper is like "fuck it show me the money" these are some of the diffrences between an emcee and a rapper. add that to what the auther of the thread said too. the emcee is a dieing breed. there are not many of them left. puff daddy and the southern rappers have done a number on the emcee. becasue of this the emcee has lost his relavence in the eyes of todays youth!

Polocash7
06-10-2005, 10:37 PM
Real MCs do it 4 the love of the game
Rappers do it 4 the money

Wooly Noggins
06-10-2005, 10:42 PM
what puzzles me though is how 16 and 17 year olds were coming out making these hits and today when i listen to most 16 and 17 year olds they can't even speak let alone rhyme -

LL Cool J was 16 when he did that Radio album - (classic must have album)

Rakim ALLAH was 17 when he did the Paid In Full Album ( he made most of the Beats)

EPMD was 17

Teddy Riley was 14 when he made the beat for the Show - (DOUG E Fresh, Slick Rick)

who today can make classic albums at such a young age ?

Wooly Noggins
06-10-2005, 10:44 PM
THE WORDS OF COSMO D OF NUCLEUS ON WHAT A MC IS

"An MC and a rapper are NOT the same thing!

I am a rapper and a DJ but I would NEVER say that I'm an MC. As far as I can tell most of today's rappers are not MC's either. MCs shine in a live situation, They interact and entertain the crowd, while rappers are most at home in the studio and rarely venture far from written rhymes or routines.
A true MC can freestyle off the dome effortlessly, can be heard and understood loud and clearly on the mic, can adapt easily to changes to beat, speed, style of music and situation, and does NOT need a hype man.

Most of todays rappers sound like crap live, even with 2 or more hype men and and a drunken prodding entourage up on stage to distract the audience.

Anybody can be a rapper, but you have to have the gift to be an MC. In the Old School the emphasis was on the gift, now it's on the guns and the bling and other crap. Allow me to suggest that it's not the MC's themselves who have advanced, but rather the styles and flows."

Liquidswordsman
06-13-2005, 06:13 PM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ money$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. enough said

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
06-13-2005, 06:14 PM
^ pretty much so

mikeatris
09-17-2005, 04:13 PM
LOOK AT MY POST IN THE THREAD List The Top 3 Rappers, POST NUMBER 47

brahma
09-17-2005, 04:36 PM
Real MCs do it 4 the love of the game
Rappers do it 4 the money
if it only would be like that. but shitz fucked up cause most successfull emcees sell out while they show ignorance... where are wu tang emcees up on their own board?! thatīs what you call `Love of the game` ?
fuck it. their truest fans are left alone and thatīs it. sorry but i canīt look up or respect any of those "emcees" like i canīt respect them "rappers" recently... but i listen to their music, cause the whole rest of music available out there isnīt just not enough fire for me great mind... haha god thanks

triggahappy187
09-17-2005, 06:40 PM
The thing is back then it was pop to rap bout knowledge an violence, so thats what cats did, or they were on some laid back shit. Today there are the same topics but rap is so popular now with a new fan base.