PDA

View Full Version : I have to get something off my chest. (Method Man 4:21) *warning hater rant*

OwnageNinja
08-28-2006, 01:22 PM
4:21 is NOT a very good album, possibly DJ's worst release of the year, coupled with the fact that Meth apperently hates the people he works for and jumps at every chance he can get to insult the people who are suppose to sell his album, he pretty much deserves what's happening (ZERO promotion). 4:21 imo is only good for The RZA tracks, the rest seems like nothing but a bunch of throwaways. The album doesn't have a real fluid feel, it just feels like a bunch of tracks randomly put together that didn't take very much skill to produce.

I can't believe some of you Wu fans can sit here and call that album a classic when you VERY WELL KNOW WHAT A TRUE CLASSIC ALBUM IS. Wu fans above all should know this considering Cuban Linx and Liquid Swords are CLASSICS.

Meth made a good album, but stop acting like he's getting a raw deal here, don't be a fanboy, be a fan.

I supported Meth by buying his album, but I'm not going to support him by lying to myself. Or hating on a bunch of people at Def Jam that I don't know and will probably never have a chance to voice their opinion.

Def Jam is a business, they have to make money, Meth should stop acting like they have some loyalty to him. They've proven their loyalty by not cutting him after Tical 0.

I mean come on, this guy is pretty bold to be saying all this crap about the media and his label after releasing that TERRIBLE album.

Why can't Meth just get on his grind and put out heat to shut people up? He's a rapper, he should rap. He's got money, why doesn't he do some promoting and marketing on his own? He could get financial support if he wanted, dude has mad connects. He just seems lazy.

Sorry guys but I gotta say it, Meth has fallen off... Hard.

I love it also how you guys diss Rae and RZA for not releasing Cuban Linx 2, at least those dudes are promoting the HELL out of it, the thing has already had like 3 major magazine promotions and it doesn't have a release date, it had a street single, and RZA is always talking about it in EVERY SINGLE interview. Those dudes are HUSTLING, and that's REAL. They ain't complaining about labels and media.

Meta4
08-28-2006, 01:38 PM
I hope no one is calling it a classic. Dope album but far from classic.

and by the way dickwad, DefJam are the ones who made Tical 0 the shit it came to be.

THE W
08-28-2006, 01:46 PM
CL2 was getting good promotion until rae was talking about signing to aftermath and then the news for this thing completely died.

crass
08-28-2006, 01:56 PM
4:21 is NOT a very good album, possibly DJ's worst release of the year

you really think that?

OwnageNinja
08-28-2006, 02:19 PM
you really think that?
Hell yes.

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
08-28-2006, 02:27 PM
wah wah wah

WestsideAssassin
08-28-2006, 02:35 PM
How the hell can u say that 421 is the worst release from DefJam this year..did u listen to it on mute or something..other than a few DefJam radio singles, which i agree the lp could do without, it is a solid effort..and all the ranting on the album is good..its real...its how mef is fealing right now and he has all the right to say it...i think its one of the best releases from DefJam this year..standing right beside Fishscale.

OwnageNinja
08-28-2006, 02:42 PM
How the hell can u say that 421 is the worst release from DefJam this year..did u listen to it on mute or something..other than a few DefJam radio singles, which i agree the lp could do without, it is a solid effort..and all the ranting on the album is good..its real...its how mef is fealing right now and he has all the right to say it...i think its one of the best releases from DefJam this year..standing right beside Fishscale.Fishscale BLOWS this album out of the water.

OwnageNinja
08-28-2006, 02:43 PM
Oh and guys, you'll all be saying the stuff i'm saying right now in about a year.

TSA
08-28-2006, 02:48 PM
4:21 is NOT a very good album, possibly DJ's worst release of the year, coupled with the fact that Meth apperently hates the people he works for and jumps at every chance he can get to insult the people who are suppose to sell his album, he pretty much deserves what's happening (ZERO promotion). 4:21 imo is only good for The RZA tracks, the rest seems like nothing but a bunch of throwaways. The album doesn't have a real fluid feel, it just feels like a bunch of tracks randomly put together that didn't take very much skill to produce.

I can't believe some of you Wu fans can sit here and call that album a classic when you VERY WELL KNOW WHAT A TRUE CLASSIC ALBUM IS. Wu fans above all should know this considering Cuban Linx and Liquid Swords are CLASSICS.

Meth made a good album, but stop acting like he's getting a raw deal here, don't be a fanboy, be a fan.

I supported Meth by buying his album, but I'm not going to support him by lying to myself. Or hating on a bunch of people at Def Jam that I don't know and will probably never have a chance to voice their opinion.

Def Jam is a business, they have to make money, Meth should stop acting like they have some loyalty to him. They've proven their loyalty by not cutting him after Tical 0.

I mean come on, this guy is pretty bold to be saying all this crap about the media and his label after releasing that TERRIBLE album.

Why can't Meth just get on his grind and put out heat to shut people up? He's a rapper, he should rap. He's got money, why doesn't he do some promoting and marketing on his own? He could get financial support if he wanted, dude has mad connects. He just seems lazy.

I love it also how you guys diss Rae and RZA for not releasing Cuban Linx 2, at least those dudes are promoting the HELL out of it, the thing has already had like 3 major magazine promotions and it doesn't have a release date, it had a street single, and RZA is always talking about it in EVERY SINGLE interview. Those dudes are HUSTLING, and that's REAL. They ain't complaining about labels and media.

421 is worst then Bow Wow's latest album? well its an opinion, it seems to me your more of a Rza and Bow Wow fan then a meth one, no problem really but it would explain why your unfairly judging the album.

TSA
08-28-2006, 02:54 PM
[quote=OwnageNinja;566369]

can you also admit that no matter how good a wu album will ever be, people like you will never admit it's a classic when it is out of stigma of only calling old albums classic. It's the same thing that happened to Supreme Clientele, nobody'll call it a classic although we all know its flawless, and it revived WU. People have it in there heads that Cuban Linx 36 chambers and Liquid swords are on the same level as the bible and the artists that made them will never be capable of topping them just cause we heard its a classic. I know Gza can top Liquid Swords, i know Rae can top Cuban Linx, I know Wu can top 36, if they made it, they can improve, nobody will admit it when they do though, its a shame.

ol dirty abbot
08-28-2006, 02:54 PM
Thats exactly whut I been saying the album is average at best but you'll cant admit it for some reason

OwnageNinja
08-28-2006, 04:48 PM
421 is worst then Bow Wow's latest album? well its an opinion, it seems to me your more of a Rza and Bow Wow fan then a meth one, no problem really but it would explain why your unfairly judging the album.
Bow Wow is signed to Sony/Columbia.

OwnageNinja
08-28-2006, 04:49 PM
can you also admit that no matter how good a wu album will ever be, people like you will never admit it's a classic when it is out of stigma of only calling old albums classic. It's the same thing that happened to Supreme Clientele, nobody'll call it a classic although we all know its flawless, and it revived WU. People have it in there heads that Cuban Linx 36 chambers and Liquid swords are on the same level as the bible and the artists that made them will never be capable of topping them just cause we heard its a classic. I know Gza can top Liquid Swords, i know Rae can top Cuban Linx, I know Wu can top 36, if they made it, they can improve, nobody will admit it when they do though, its a shame.
No. In fact I'm willing to say that Fishscale will one day be regarded as a classic. As well as No Said Date.

The main reason that people won't call new Wu stuff classic is simply because it isn't. No conspiracies, no psych analysis, just truth.

08-28-2006, 04:51 PM
no more like ur subjective opinion

OwnageNinja
08-28-2006, 05:06 PM
Of course it is, why would I claim otherwise?

08-28-2006, 05:06 PM
The main reason that people won't call new Wu stuff classic is simply because it isn't. No conspiracies, no psych analysis, just truth.

sounds like u tryin to say that's fact

OwnageNinja
08-28-2006, 05:19 PM
sounds like u tryin to say that's fact
What was the last Wu album that you consider a classic? Seriously, what was the last one that really got a huge reception from fans and critics. I believe Fishscale and NSD can both be candidates and those are the two I said I think may be considered classics one day.

You know that whether something is "Classic" or not is a measure of opinion anyway, so I don't see your point. Even Cuban Linx being considered classic is a matter of opinion, the opinion of a majority doesn't make something fact.

08-28-2006, 05:21 PM
You know that whether something is "Classic" or not is a measure of opinion anyway, so I don't see your point. Even Cuban Linx being considered classic is a matter of opinion, the opinion of a majority doesn't make something fact.

there will always be someone who hates sumthin but majorities are the closest thing and its better than one person saying something is fact, like you are tryin to say with 4:21 being wack when it isn't

OwnageNinja
08-28-2006, 05:28 PM
there will always be someone who hates sumthin but majorities are the closest thing and its better than one person saying something is fact, like you are tryin to say with 4:21 being wack when it isn't
I was probably a little harsh on the album. it's not wack, but it's not great either.

And honestly I just don't see what you expect Def Jam to do when they're dealing with an artist that hates them and yet still wants them to support him 100%. Also the album isn't too marketable to begin with.

Did you read my full post? I said what Meth could've done to change the outcome. But he already basically admitted that he's lazy and doesn't care.

WuBaller
08-28-2006, 05:43 PM
What was the last Wu album that you consider a classic?

IMO Grandmasters could be one day

ShaDynasty
08-28-2006, 05:44 PM
IMO Grandmasters could be one day

http://www.tfst-nyc.com/uploads/roflcopter.gif

Luz
08-28-2006, 06:00 PM
Supreme Clientele was the last Wu classic. Some other cds may be "personal classics" but thats it.

Grandmasters is too dull to be classic.

Fishscale has way too many weak tracks and all around poor lyrics to be classic.

421 is banging, but it doesnt have a lot of standout tracks. It also has a few weak tracks.

No Said Date is carried by its guest appearances and solid production. Still too many weak tracks for it to be a classic.

ShaDynasty
08-28-2006, 06:05 PM
Supreme Clientele was the last Wu classic. Some other cds may be "personal classics" but thats it.

Grandmasters is too dull to be classic.

Fishscale has way too many weak tracks and all around poor lyrics to be classic.

421 is banging, but it doesnt have a lot of standout tracks. It also has a few weak tracks.

No Said Date is carried by its guest appearances and solid production. Still too many weak tracks for it to be a classic.

on point mostly, but i think no said date is classic, and im sure enough others do too for it to be more than just a personal classic
fishscale is a much better album than 421
too many cats jockin the shit out of meth on this forum

The Lost Prophet
08-28-2006, 06:08 PM
No. In fact I'm willing to say that Fishscale will one day be regarded as a classic. As well as No Said Date.

look speak for urself but i will NEVER regard NSD or fishscale as classics. those are some good solid albums but it takes alot to be called a classic and they aint holden it. speaking for me and my older brother, the only wu classic in the past 6 years was legend of the liquid swords but me and him r huge gza fans. but i have never came out and argued how its a classic for the reason that i know people dont and will not agree wit me

The Lost Prophet
08-28-2006, 06:10 PM
on point mostly, but i think no said date is classic, and im sure enough others do too for it to be more than just a personal classic
fishscale is a much better album than 421
too many cats jockin the shit out of meth on this forum

i think to many cats is jocken the shit out of fishscale and NSD in terms of this forum

OwnageNinja
08-28-2006, 06:45 PM
look speak for urself but i will NEVER regard NSD or fishscale as classics. those are some good solid albums but it takes alot to be called a classic and they aint holden it. speaking for me and my older brother, the only wu classic in the past 6 years was legend of the liquid swords but me and him r huge gza fans. but i have never came out and argued how its a classic for the reason that i know people dont and will not agree wit meI find it funny when Wu fans defend the hell out of average releases that get BASHED by critics (4:21), yet then underplay good releases that get praised by critics. You guys are IMPOSSIBLE to please.

http://www.metacritic.com/music/artists/ghostface/fishscale?q=fishscale

http://www.metacritic.com/music/artists/mastakilla/nosaiddate?q=no%20said%20date

I don't get you wu fans at all.

famenchuan
08-28-2006, 10:04 PM
It seems like these guys are not going for that classic album. Most albums that are considered classics only have one main producer and one type of vibe. I mean there are exceptions (Supreme Cliental but rza overesaw the whole project). These guys are really just putting together good solid albums which they are. Fichscale, Made in Brooklyn are very good albums with ghost experimenting with a different sound and killa experimenting with different producers and some different type of music (Reggae, R&B). As long as there putting out albums like these I'm very happy. The next album wu album that I think will be classic is Cuban linx 2 but we'll just have to wait and see.

Luz
08-29-2006, 03:06 AM
What critics are bashing 4:21?

And I'm sorry but Fishscale will never be considered a classic. Its such a step down for Ghost lyrically and theres so many weak tracks on there. A lot of the beats are weak too. Sure its a good cd but I'd like to know how many times you'll be listening to Clipse of Doom, Momma, Three Bricks, Jellyfish, Beauty Jackson or any of those ultra shitty skits in the near future. How about in 5 years? You still gonna be bumpin those tracks?

Longbongcilvaringz
08-29-2006, 04:49 AM
a classic is an album that had great impact or that you can listen to hardly skipping a track... impact of recent wu album is minimal...+ most have many skippable tracks. i personaly can listen to "grandmasters" from start to finish but views of the album are to varied for it to be a classic, but i think its the only album out of the recent batch that could even be considered a classic ever.

supremecharma
08-29-2006, 05:19 AM
Oh and guys, you'll all be saying the stuff i'm saying right now in about a year.

oh cos your the man aint ya?!! get the fuck outta here

OwnageNinja
08-29-2006, 05:49 AM

A bunch of stans from this forum were crying because XXL gave Meth's effort an L.

supremecharma
08-29-2006, 06:25 AM
fuck xxl. it is wot it is. u need to think wot u think about it. who cares wot anyone else thinks. if you enjoy it thats all that matters.

vahacris
08-30-2006, 08:40 AM

:clap: buhaha dude dont drop statesments like this cuz you sounds like some dickhead....

with this level of supreme knowledge you surely know who kills biggie and pac 9:|6

and in fact you just another weasel who think he knows whats de deal.....
dont make us laugh stupid cuz there was like 100 of the same dickbrain peps like you.................

oh and btw i find your words very disrespectfull (as you can see :loser: )

OwnageNinja
08-30-2006, 09:57 AM
:clap: buhaha dude dont drop statesments like this cuz you sounds like some dickhead....

with this level of supreme knowledge you surely know who kills biggie and pac 9:|6

and in fact you just another weasel who think he knows whats de deal.....
dont make us laugh stupid cuz there was like 100 of the same dickbrain peps like you.................

oh and btw i find your words very disrespectfull (as you can see :loser: )
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

ShaolinDarts
08-30-2006, 01:22 PM
I like this album but not as much as some of the people on here. Its just a good bunch of tracks put together with some being great, some good, some average.

People need to wake up to calling this a classic. If Prequel wasn't his last cd and this was his next offering after Tical 2000, it would probably be just as hated as Prequel is. The majority of us like it cuz its a step up from his last shit, not cuz its a step up from his initial standards.

WotsGoinDown
08-30-2006, 02:23 PM
How can you say its a TERRIBLE album???? even if Wu-tang release another album which is better than 36 chambers you will be saying its terrible , u must be out of your mind. This happens all the time when someone from Wu-tang releases an album, when fishscale came out people were saying it was good, and then someone started a thread about how it is ghostfaces worst album. The person who posted this thread must have mind problems or sumthin because you fully well know that 4.2:1 is not a terrible album so shut the fuck up.

OwnageNinja
08-30-2006, 07:22 PM
How can you say its a TERRIBLE album???? even if Wu-tang release another album which is better than 36 chambers you will be saying its terrible , u must be out of your mind. This happens all the time when someone from Wu-tang releases an album, when fishscale came out people were saying it was good, and then someone started a thread about how it is ghostfaces worst album. The person who posted this thread must have mind problems or sumthin because you fully well know that 4.2:1 is not a terrible album so shut the fuck up.
As I said I was harsh, the album isn't terrible, but it's not great at all though, it's somewhat average honestly.

I don't understand the Fishscale hate, as I actually like the album a lot still. But seriously, Meth's album is his third best release and slightly closer to Tical 0 then Tical 2000.

I'm just being real. I bought his album, so I think I have a right to say what I think of it.

OwnageNinja
08-30-2006, 07:23 PM
I like this album but not as much as some of the people on here. Its just a good bunch of tracks put together with some being great, some good, some average.

People need to wake up to calling this a classic. If Prequel wasn't his last cd and this was his next offering after Tical 2000, it would probably be just as hated as Prequel is. The majority of us like it cuz its a step up from his last shit, not cuz its a step up from his initial standards.
WORDLIFE.

Origin™
09-01-2006, 08:55 AM
All people do is complain.

The age we live in now, this is a great album by all standards. lyrically a great album, to me rapping is about lyrics, the beats come second, but when you get a sick grimey beat and on point lyrics its even better, just be happy you got a new meth album.

EDIT:

and yes i even like Fall Out :clap:
:fucku:

RAMESH
09-02-2006, 07:19 AM

it seems you are more intristed in the politics behind the cd than the cd itself why don't you stop moanin like a old docks whore & just enjoy the fuckin cd. you are looking for somthing that you will never see again there will never be another tical you must understand that meth is a premier mc & if you compare him to other premier mc's like dmx you will see the day after is 10 times better than year of the dog it's fair to say that the day after is the best cd to come out this year compared to other premier mc's. wu-tang has more than 100 mc's if u looking for underground get the blue sky black death cd called the hollocaust with warcloud you won't be dissapointed & if you looking for a comercial cd get the day after it's as simple as that. one more thing wu-tang is was & always will be the best even their kids sound good check thier new shit out on made in brooklyn & the 5% album of lord jamar.

One and Only
09-02-2006, 11:55 AM

And I'm sorry but Fishscale will never be considered a classic. Its such a step down for Ghost lyrically and theres so many weak tracks on there. A lot of the beats are weak too. Sure its a good cd but I'd like to know how many times you'll be listening to Clipse of Doom, Momma, Three Bricks, Jellyfish, Beauty Jackson or any of those ultra shitty skits in the near future. How about in 5 years? You still gonna be bumpin those tracks?

I listen to those tracks everytime I play the cd. They tight!

AK Spray
09-03-2006, 01:05 AM
Lol.

Take that up with Meth.

Marc051
09-16-2006, 09:18 PM
Not a good hip hop album, it's has too much of a club feel to it, Meth doesn't sound raw anymore like he did on Blackout....times change, it's not that Timbaland and Hoody era no more

Sicka than aidZ
09-20-2006, 03:40 PM

wucorp commandment #1 "thou shall not have negative opinions"9:|6

WU-KILLAH
09-20-2006, 05:28 PM
I like it. I never saw someone call it a classic.

Monkdude
09-28-2006, 12:34 PM
The Wu has 3 classic albums. We all know what they are. They have a good ammount of great albums, a lot of good ones, a lot of mediocre ones and some shitty ones. However, none of their albums released after 96 are classics. Forever isn't a classic, NSD isn't a classic, Fischscale isn't a classic, Tical 2000 isn't a classic, BTS and LOTS aren't classics, RZA and Uey don't have any classics, INS doesn't have any classics and blah blah blah...

the point is, the word classic is thrown around way too much. They are reserved for special, amazing albums like OB4CL. Sorry, but no magazine is going to have a 10 page 10 year anniversary special edition for NSD.

J.T.S.
09-30-2006, 05:43 PM
Forever isn't a classic dude your trippin'!!

Rebel_INS
10-01-2006, 07:59 PM
Yea, I don't think that 4:21 is a classic album. But its very dope. I think all the tracks are at least good you know. But none suck.

Alcryt
10-02-2006, 04:37 AM
Yea, I don't think that 4:21 is a classic album. But its very dope. I think all the tracks are at least good you know. But none suck.

Except 4eva - just my opinion:tease:
421 aint classic but its a solid album and thats the only song i dont like^^
I skip fallout too but its ok, i have O.D. on my copy and im surprised at how much i like it.

So i doubt i will be saying this album is wack in a years time..

RAMESH
10-08-2006, 04:11 PM
The Wu has 3 classic albums. We all know what they are. They have a good ammount of great albums, a lot of good ones, a lot of mediocre ones and some shitty ones. However, none of their albums released after 96 are classics. Forever isn't a classic, NSD isn't a classic, Fischscale isn't a classic, Tical 2000 isn't a classic, BTS and LOTS aren't classics, RZA and Uey don't have any classics, INS doesn't have any classics and blah blah blah...

the point is, the word classic is thrown around way too much. They are reserved for special, amazing albums like OB4CL. Sorry, but no magazine is going to have a 10 page 10 year anniversary special edition for NSD.
wu-tang has alot of cassic albums
the rugged child
ironman
supreme clientele
tical
judgement day
blackout
4:21
smugling booze in the graveyard
heavy mental
6 feet deep
The Pick, the Sickle and the Shovel
the brownsville kid
grandmasters
Liquid Swords
too many to mention but ofcourse it's all up to the listener
the 3 cd's you mentioned is what m-tv would pick & also you rated forever the same way they would makes me think that you brainwashed
any true wu-tang fan would know that forever is a classic cd
it's also the last cd where the whole clan would be together
i would say it's the best cd ever made i know of alot of cats who feel the same way
wu-tang cd's got replay value even with all the new stuff coming out still got time to listen to the old that what makes it classic to me. i can pick 1 out randomly with my eyes closed & listen to the whole thing. i can say that about almost all of the wu-tang cd's affiliates included but ofcourse i take my hip hop seriously from ten till midnight it's my weed & hip hop, u can join in but no talking or interuptions unless it's for papers or coffee.
don't let magazines tell you what is classic
don't let another man decide for you
hip hop is a artform just listen to what you enjoy but at the same time explore new chambers with an open mind
i couldn't tell u what a classic cd is they all got somthing that brings u back if it doesn't bring you back give it away somone else will love it
i would never give a wu-tang cd away so they must all be classics in my eyes

dnpmonk25
10-09-2006, 12:19 PM
For those who think 4:21 is wack you got to catch Meth on tour. I saw him in Cleveland. He does the classics mostly but then dips into 4:21. There is something about Meth live that drives that album to a new level! Masta & Deck & Street were there too put on a great show!!