PDA

View Full Version : RZA putting B-list affiliates on his albums

Antibody
08-31-2006, 02:19 AM
I'm talking stuff like putting Division on 3 songs on Birth of a Prince. Maybe 1 song would be ok, but 3? the beat for 'the drop off' could have been used so much better.

Tash mahogony on Koto Choton aswell... that could have been a great wu song with another clan member isntead.

Im just listening to birth of a prince now the guest rappers really bring it down, I noticed it on bobby digi in stereo aswell but its not as bad as boap.

venex
08-31-2006, 03:37 AM
but on the otherhand... the RZA is the one who supports the killa beez alot like that !!!

he has all these killa beez rappin' on his albums, and they still fuck it up...

come on, if you know you gonna be on one of RZA's albums, it can't be so hard to write a nice verse ???

TAURO
08-31-2006, 09:06 AM
While I won't defend Division because they are shit, a high majority of the killa bees are very talented some are even on a par with the generals.

I prefer seeing the killa bees on wu albums that outside rappers with the exception of Redman cos he fits well with the wu.

sinfullycute
08-31-2006, 10:02 AM
Plus most of the time he doesn't pay them, so thats another reason he uses them-anyone else would ask for money upfront.

shaolinsword
08-31-2006, 10:56 AM
it's still good that he's putting people that aren't that famous on his tracks whether they kill it or not...or is it just me that thinks that?

GENERAL WISE
08-31-2006, 01:16 PM
berreta 9 > 50% of the clan

Luz
08-31-2006, 02:06 PM
^^^LMAO

The OP is absolutley right. RZA's got some of the worst guest appearances on his cds. I think BOAP only has 4 solos. Thats inexcusable. Its his fuckin cds but we have to sit through so many crappy verses from these weak dudes.

Who was that one asshat who ryhmed jersey with jersey like 4 times on that one song? Stuff like that really dilutes a cd.

Grongle
08-31-2006, 02:16 PM
but on the otherhand... the RZA is the one who supports the killa beez alot like that !!!

he has all these killa beez rappin' on his albums, and they still fuck it up...

come on, if you know you gonna be on one of RZA's albums, it can't be so hard to write a nice verse ???

Very true

Antibody
08-31-2006, 05:29 PM
^^^LMAO

The OP is absolutley right. RZA's got some of the worst guest appearances on his cds. I think BOAP only has 4 solos. Thats inexcusable. Its his fuckin cds but we have to sit through so many crappy verses from these weak dudes.

Who was that one asshat who ryhmed jersey with jersey like 4 times on that one song? Stuff like that really dilutes a cd.

that was Division again... we pop wouldnt actually be a bad song if it was without division.

Im not saying every guest on rza albums suck, but even most of the better ones arent as good as rza or other clan member. I hear cilvaringz is really good but even his verse on 'you dont know' was kinda weak were he says sword in nearly every line.

crass
08-31-2006, 05:32 PM
the guest spots on In Stereo are very good. BOAP's guest spots are awful and are why i haven't picked up that album in 3 years.

RAMESH
09-02-2006, 08:17 AM
alot of you guys got it fucked up wu-tang clan is a fuckin clan what would wu-tang be without it's affiliates? it would be incomplete the wu got alot of talent & alot of that talent comes from the affiliates & thats what keeps wu-tang on top. look at warcloud with his crazy flow it's so original & bronze nazareth the poet or if you looking for that westcoast gangsta shit who better than christbearer or if you looking for that kung fu killa shit who better than moongod allah or zu ninjaz or wu henshmen who rips the fuckin mike better than pop da brown hornet?who? no one & if you ready to go to war we got killarmy & for elavation we got sunz of man soul out shit there's hot butter wu-tang got men women & children who got wicked flows. by any of you saying the affilates suck it's clear ya'll don't really know shit about wu-tang & it's clear that u don't respect the clan.

venex
09-02-2006, 10:13 AM
^^^LOL, no one said they are ALL wack,

we are talkin' bout the guest apperances on bobby digital albums...

I completely agree with what you said about those affiliates, RAMESH !

actually you said it very nice...

BUT you also got alot wack killabeez, like division... and they are all over bobby digital album

peace!

TAURO
09-02-2006, 10:46 AM
^^^LOL, no one said they are ALL wack,

we are talkin' bout the guest apperances on bobby digital albums...

I completely agree with what you said about those affiliates, RAMESH !

actually you said it very nice...

BUT you also got alot wack killabeez, like division... and they are all over bobby digital album

peace!

Just out of curiosity Venex who else besides Division do you think are wack?

One and Only
09-02-2006, 11:51 AM
The guests on Bobby Digital In Stereo were nice

9th Warrior
09-02-2006, 05:10 PM
berreta 9 > 50% of the clan

bull-fuckin-shit

his flow=cowdung

J-DON
09-02-2006, 05:41 PM
alot of you guys got it fucked up wu-tang clan is a fuckin clan what would wu-tang be without it's affiliates?

All Killer, No Filler is what the wu would be without all the bullshit affiliates. Especially the RZA albums (Cept Doc Doom and Holocaust on In Stereo, And Cilvarings is pretty coo on BOAP).

....who?

Tons of dudes are way better than any of those.

it's clear that u don't respect the clan.

The Clan isnt respecting itself by letting all these weak ass cats infiltrate and weild the logo.

Only Wu Affiliates worth having on a Generals album

Street Life
Killah Priest (any sunz of man dudes usually bring it)
Carlton Fisk
Holocaust (not anymore though)
Cilvaringz (hes alright)
Trife Da God
Cappadonna

im prob missing a couple but most of the other ones just blow it especially RZA and Rae's dudes.

Hollow Dartz
09-02-2006, 06:45 PM
I'm talking stuff like putting Division on 3 songs on Birth of a Prince. Maybe 1 song would be ok, but 3? the beat for 'the drop off' could have been used so much better.

Tash mahogony on Koto Choton aswell... that could have been a great wu song with another clan member isntead.

Im just listening to birth of a prince now the guest rappers really bring it down, I noticed it on bobby digi in stereo aswell but its not as bad as boap.

Them Niggaz are C Killa Bee.

Antibody
09-03-2006, 03:43 AM
not all affiliates are bad, of course some of them are great, but a lot of them are average and some suck. Divison suck a lot and theyre on 3 tracks from BOAP (wtf? rza why?). A lot of guests on rzas albums arent bad but average, like beretta 9 dont really ruin the songs but he dont really bring anything to them either.

RZA albums would be sooo much better with wu guest features or at least better affiliates (like killarmy or killah priest)

venex
09-03-2006, 03:46 AM
Just out of curiosity Venex who else besides Division do you think are wack?

imma post a little list soon, I got something to do know...

but don't forget, some of my fav mc's are wu-fam ! (imma post those I think are wack, and those who are great)

peace!

Marc051
09-03-2006, 09:27 AM
RZA's probably closer to Division personally. Do you guys honestly think an album will sell better if he replaces Free Murda with Timbo King on a track? To us it may mean the world because we know Timbo's better but do most people know that and will it impact album sales? And can you imagine how hard it might be to track down some of the higher caliber mcs when it's cheaper to just bring in ya boys? Think about it for a minute and although for us it sucks it's not too hard to understand why RZA would do this. I think out of everyone in the clan, I trust RZA's judgment the most.

THE W
09-03-2006, 09:32 AM
^^good points all around.

J-DON
09-03-2006, 12:49 PM
RZA's probably closer to Division personally. Do you guys honestly think an album will sell better if he replaces Free Murda with Timbo King on a track? To us it may mean the world because we know Timbo's better but do most people know that and will it impact album sales? And can you imagine how hard it might be to track down some of the higher caliber mcs when it's cheaper to just bring in ya boys? .

Who gives a shit about sales? If you cant find anybody good then dont even bother and do the tracks solo and make it a shorter cut. Id rather that than hear some of the dudes that get on wu cd's butchering tracks with wack shit.

THE W
09-03-2006, 06:48 PM
Who gives a shit about sales? If you cant find anybody good then dont even bother and do the tracks solo and make it a shorter cut. Id rather that than hear some of the dudes that get on wu cd's butchering tracks with wack shit.
the artists care about sales. and getting A-list talent on your album costs money. also he wanted to give those guys a chance cuz at the time that was the group he was bringing up.

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
09-03-2006, 07:47 PM
Cilvaringz (hes alright)

:lmao:

Marc051
09-03-2006, 11:23 PM
Only Wu affiliates I like more than Cilvaringz are Timbo King and Hell Razah. These clowns that hate are deaf and dumb

Antibody
09-04-2006, 05:12 AM
the artists care about sales. and getting A-list talent on your album costs money. also he wanted to give those guys a chance cuz at the time that was the group he was bringing up.

Its cool to let your buddies get on tracks with you, but they should really step up if they want to be on a RZA album, and RZA shouldn't let the verses stay on the album if they're weak. I swear I read about him doing that with the old wu-tang stuff, if someone had a weak verse RZA would let someone take their place on the track or something like that.

venex
09-04-2006, 01:12 PM
^^maybe he doesn't think it's wack ??

cuz the RZA also got wack verses on bobby digital albums !!!!(don't hate on me, cuz i'm the biggest RZA fan)

On "enter the wutang" he didn't had wack verses...

crass
09-04-2006, 02:09 PM

cuz the RZA also got wack verses on bobby digital albums !!!

that is an excellent point

RAMESH
09-04-2006, 03:56 PM
All Killer, No Filler is what the wu would be without all the bullshit affiliates. Especially the RZA albums (Cept Doc Doom and Holocaust on In Stereo, And Cilvarings is pretty coo on BOAP).

Tons of dudes are way better than any of those.

The Clan isnt respecting itself by letting all these weak ass cats infiltrate and weild the logo.

Only Wu Affiliates worth having on a Generals album

Street Life
Killah Priest (any sunz of man dudes usually bring it)
Carlton Fisk
Holocaust (not anymore though)
Cilvaringz (hes alright)
Trife Da God
Cappadonna

im prob missing a couple but most of the other ones just blow it especially RZA and Rae's dudes.
i'm happy with 90% of the affiliates & rza is happy with 100% otherwise they wouldn't be part of the clan. where is it your place to decide what's hot what should be not? it's just your own little opinion.
how would you like it if i said snoop dog or tim dog or what ever the fuck you listen to sucks that's not cool i won't do that but thats what u doing to me right now i mostly listen to the affilliates i love the music we all got diffrent shit we like by you saying they suck is not cool.

Antibody
09-05-2006, 10:12 AM

cuz the RZA also got wack verses on bobby digital albums !!!!(don't hate on me, cuz i'm the biggest RZA fan)

On "enter the wutang" he didn't had wack verses...

truth, but if Rza has lowered the standard of what he considers 'dope' then that sucks for us fans who have a higher standard set by better verses (lets be fair, it's hardly opinion that early wu-tang verses and guests is better than the new ones on rza albums).

I'm serious in saying this, if BoaP had better quality control on the verses and guests it could be in the same league as supreme clientele.
Instead it's a weak album with some nice beats and a few nice tracks here and there.

venex
09-05-2006, 10:40 AM
^^^yep, I agree with what you say about BOAP, it could (easily) be up there with supreme clientele...

a day to god is 1000 years is insane, lyrically and beatwise...

Antibody
09-07-2006, 12:58 PM
^^^yep, I agree with what you say about BOAP, it could (easily) be up there with supreme clientele...

a day to god is 1000 years is insane, lyrically and beatwise...

yeah man, i love that one. bob n i followed by the grundge is also one of the best intros to any wu album, then we pop is nice at first, but the verses are weak, especially division (partly why i made this thread).

some fucking nice beats on there too, drink smoke and fuck is the only sub par one, and the whistle is average but thats it.

Leo Angel
09-07-2006, 01:07 PM
I agree that RZA overloads his albums with some subpar Wu affiliates, especially like Division, Islord, Black Knights... other Generals seem to be more balanced with that, more careful when they chose their Wu fam featurings. I think that RZA forcely tries to promote less talented rappers from the fam and that undoubtely lowers the value of his albums (still bangas though, with the exception of Digital Bullet = personal classic for me:hippy: )

J-DON
09-07-2006, 06:00 PM
i'm happy with 90% of the affiliates & rza is happy with 100% otherwise they wouldn't be part of the clan. where is it your place to decide what's hot what should be not? it's just your own .

when did i ever say I should be the one to decide? I just gave my opinion like you said, and im entitled to do so. You can say anybody sucks, its freedom of speech. This isnt a kindergarten class where I gotta worry about kids feelings, this is a message board called BRING DA RUCKUS for fucks sake. You and your post can eat a dick.

As for BOAP being on Supreme level with better lyrics, I dont think so. There were some wack beats on it as well wheras Supreme has about 0 wack beats IMO. BOAP would need an overhaul on Guests, Lyrics, Choruses Especially, and a few beat changes to be on Supreme Level. But dont get me wrong, im one of the few who actually likes BOAP (would rate it about a 7)

biblebullet
09-16-2006, 02:47 PM
J-Don, i just dont' seem to get you either praise the album and don't.\
At first you try to shit on them by saying
BOAP would need an overhaul on Guests, Lyrics, Choruses Especially, and a few beat changes to be on Supreme Level
then you try to praise them by saying
But dont get me wrong, im one of the few who actually likes BOAP (would rate it about a 7)

Please be straight with us.

Coming to my what i also think:
I agree Rza turns to feature loads of average or below average rappers or Mc's on his albums and as you guys rightly stated B.O.A.P is a typical example. We all know he can assemble better talent that what he currently features on his albums.

RAMESH
10-10-2006, 12:54 PM
when did i ever say I should be the one to decide? I just gave my opinion like you said, and im entitled to do so. You can say anybody sucks, its freedom of speech. This isnt a kindergarten class where I gotta worry about kids feelings, this is a message board called BRING DA RUCKUS for fucks sake. You and your post can eat a dick.

As for BOAP being on Supreme level with better lyrics, I dont think so. There were some wack beats on it as well wheras Supreme has about 0 wack beats IMO. BOAP would need an overhaul on Guests, Lyrics, Choruses Especially, and a few beat changes to be on Supreme Level. But dont get me wrong, im one of the few who actually likes BOAP (would rate it about a 7)
thank god u not the 1 2 decide & yes u are entiteled to be an asshole
saying people suck is uncalled for & it's a bitch move unless you defending yourself & willing to back it up. i don't like alot of rappers out there but i'm not going to shit on thier names cause one of thier is going to tell me to fuck myself like i'm going to tell u go fuck yourself
u can't judge raes crew evryone knows the leader of american cream team is dead they never dropped a cd
never got the chance to hear the hood cd but i heard from my crew ice water got skills
you should take all that negative energy you got & go to yoga u fuckin bitch i didn't really want to swear you i think you got potencial you know quite a bit about the clan thats cool
just try to understand u going to get negative attention if u diss mc's cause they all got some type of following & they going to offended

abasi
10-11-2006, 08:15 AM
ll the guest spots on digital too

Half Cut Skeleton
10-12-2006, 10:41 AM
I agree that RZA overloads his albums with some subpar Wu affiliates, especially like Division, Islord, Black Knights... other Generals seem to be more balanced with that, more careful when they chose their Wu fam featurings. I think that RZA forcely tries to promote less talented rappers from the fam and that undoubtely lowers the value of his albums (still bangas though, with the exception of Digital Bullet = personal classic for me:hippy: )
true...rza must feel a bit more obligated to let the MCs that don't usually get a chance to be noticed to shine on a good album more than any other wu member because hes tha producer.

RAMESH
10-13-2006, 06:20 AM
Yo Leo what's up how you doing?
i don't know i think again i have to disagree with you (last time was about me not liking snoop dog)
on the RZA guest spots. out of the top of my head you got
berreta 9 from killarmy the man got mad skills
Cilvaringz - you must remember him from ten tigers you rated the cd as a classic & i agree with you
Warcloud - the most controversial rapper of all time
Method Man
ODB
Masta Killah
Killa Sin
Prodigal Sunn
Division - that verse that he hits where he uses jersey a couple of times i think was good wordplay he was smart with it. rick ross is coming out with the same style i think Division does it much better
too many to mention them all
Honestly i love RZA cd's just wouldn't be the same without the guest spots cause that's just the way i see it.

shaolinsword
10-13-2006, 07:32 AM
I've probably already posted this (sorry if I have) but I think it's good that RZA's putting sub par MC's on the album. At least he's getting their names out to people who aren't gonna know them