PDA

View Full Version : The Boot Camp Click - Last Stand

Conscious
09-01-2006, 08:56 PM
http://www.freehiphopnow.com/images/bootcampclick.jpg
The Boot Camp Click's Last Stand
In the tradition of The Wu-Tang Clan and Gravediggaz, comes the third crew-cut album by Boot Camp Click. Passing the mic between Smiff-N-Wessun, O.G.C., Heltah Skeltah and Black Moon. "The Last Stand" sports top-notch production from such beat making heavyweights as 9th Wonder, Pete Rock, Large Profssor, Da Beatminerz and more. The album starts out with the contemporary banging beats with hardcore lyrics laced over, not much substance but head nodders for sure. With over an hours worth of music, the crescendo begins at track six, where you can really here the real talent and heart of the collected artists portrayed. The emcees that make up Boot Camp Click are very consciously aware of the many movements of current hip hop and the areas of decay, BCC seems to accept and adapt without breaking a sweat. With self aware tracks such as "Stand Alone" all the way to the real gangster anthems such as "Souljah" there is no stopping Boot Camp Click and where they will take their music next. The Pete Rock ("What You See") and Large Professor ("World Wide BCC") beats make up the best tracks and seem to show off Boot Camp Clicks real skill more clear than the simple 9th Wonder loops. Though I wouldn't call this album a classic, it really shows the musical standpoint of the Boot Camp Click emcees. They seem to be somewhere in between the mainstream and underground with a sound that's too rugged for MTV, and not pristine enough for the backpacking underground, but appreciated by pure hip hop fans worldwide. "The Last Stand" is sure to be resonating the streets with grimy bass lines out of the ghetto blaster until the next anticipated release.

-Montag Faber

Treazon
12-08-2006, 05:41 PM
great album, my favorite of the year every single song is worth listenin to and brings in different flavours and shit throughout the disc, very good resembling of wu tang (not quite there yet tho obviously haha) but they dont follow regular formulas of all the booty rap that i fucking love how BCC hates..

8/10 overall

Sean P and Tek are my MVPs of the whole shit...P shines on every single verse.

peace

Longbongcilvaringz
12-12-2006, 04:52 AM
8/10

straight banging.

TAURO
12-12-2006, 11:10 AM
9/10........pure hip hop dopeness.

Jeru
12-12-2006, 11:23 AM
One of the best albums of 2006

infamousWu
12-13-2006, 01:51 AM
8/10

Sean Peeee!!!!!!!!!!!!! kills every track on this and the track "Dont Cross The Line" makes me wanna go out get fucked up on henny and cause a riot

"Internet Niggas using my image, you not SEAN
triple W, dot, get the fuck off, dot com"

- SEAN P

UNCLE RUCKUS
12-13-2006, 04:23 PM
:spin: :spin: Most consistent record in ages Great the whole way thru
Personaly my fav tracks are Dont Cross the Line, Here We Come, Trading Places and 123

FrenchShin
12-15-2006, 11:50 AM
The Chosen Few was better to me, from the cover to the content, but this one is pretty good to, considering the general state of the rap game.

Treazon
12-18-2006, 04:19 PM
sean p's consistency is crazy and his lyrics can go easily with any beat... any song he features on he steals completely, check Outlive the War by JMT and 5th Chamber of Bronze Nazareth's album.. those songs might as well have been Sean P featuring ....

BCC doesnt get nuff credit

L~>1<~NKS
12-27-2006, 09:45 PM
Sick album - Buck' disappointed tho.

Djaminha
10-12-2010, 05:49 AM
Just bumping this for the first time in a while, forgot how dope it was.

dont you cross the line and lets go are crazy.