PDA

View Full Version : Gravity and Heat

LHX
09-02-2006, 10:14 PM
Gravity and Heat are the 2 most basic elements that can be demonstrated to the eye.

These roughly correspond with yin/yang (gravity/heat)

In order to understand anything of significance, it would do well to spend some time considering gravity and heat and investigating how they work.

From that foundation, you can develop a basic understanding of how everything works.

And I'm not exaggerating when I say everything.

There is reason to suggest that there is a definite relationship between heat and gravity, although I have not read about this relationship in any text book.

http://i8.tinypic.com/27zycn9.jpg

The Sun's gravitational pull keeps the planets in orbit, and at the same time, it is a source of heat.
Likewise, the Earth's gravitational pull keeps the moon in orbit, and it seems obvious that the Earth gives off some sort of heat as well.
I do not know how far that theory goes.

Anyway, of main concern to us roaming the planet is the gravity holding us down to the earth's surface, and the heat from the sun which provides energy to move aross the surface.

If there was no gravity, there would be no planet - everything here would just be some sort of mist floating around.

If there was no heat, there would be no energy - and no movement - this is the reason why planets further from the Sun than earth have no 'life' that we can identify.
All the planets have gravity, but they do not receive enough heat energy for anything on the surface to be able to move around the way things do here.

When you combine gravity with heat, and then factor in the earth's rotation, this seems to be a recipe for movement on the earth's surface.

This rotation causes imbalances of pressure which manifests in such forms as hot and cold temperatures and other factors we seem to collectively call 'weather'.

In what seems to be an effort to correct these imbalances, we experience an actively changing weather pattern (seasons) where regions of high pressure become regions of low pressure, and then constantly shift in an apparently cyclical pattern (although we have not been observing these patterns for very long, there is reason to believe that it has gone on for a long time).

This type of movement - the shift from regions of high pressure to low pressure - seems to be the standard type of movement on this planet - and possibly the known universe. It also seems likely that the history of 'life' as we know it is traceable back to this basic interaction between heat and gravity.

To see how far reaching this goes, your very life is an example of this heat-gravity interaction.

Gravity is holding you down to the planet. Heat is giving you energy to move.
You consume foods which are a mixture of matter (gravity) and contain energy (heat).
If you want to look into this further, you can see suggestion of what improper eating will do to you.

If you eat foods with no nutrient energy (heat) it is the equivalent of consuming nothing but matter - this will weigh you down prematurely (gravity).

Conversely, if one were to hop on one of these trendy diets without doing the knowledge, they might not find themselves getting enough protein (gravity), and are liable to end up feeling light-headed or spaced out.

The implications of this can extend to elements both physical and psychological.

If anybody got anything to add on please do so.

Also lemme know if anything here is unclear.

Peace

7EL7
09-03-2006, 12:23 AM
Just gonna slap me in the head wiff 15 mind splitting books tonight huh

Os3y3ris
09-03-2006, 12:52 AM
Not feeling this one LHS. Really bad science here. As a metaphor, its better, but kinda stressed.

LHX
09-03-2006, 08:13 AM
Not feeling this one LHS. Really bad science here. As a metaphor, its better, but kinda stressed.
it would be helpful if you were more specific

it may not fall apart as quickly as you might think

edit:
You gave me reason to pause and re-consider, O.
But, I am reasonably confident in being able to defend this point of view.

Peace

Os3y3ris
09-03-2006, 04:17 PM
But, I am reasonably confident in being able to defend this point of view.

Well, lets see.

Gravity and Heat are the 2 most basic elements that can be demonstrated to the eye.

Ironically, two forces which CAN'T be demonstrated to the eye.

These roughly correspond with yin/yang (gravity/heat)

This just doesn't work. If yin and yang are considered complimentary opposites, than how are gravity and heat related? Gravity attracts. Heat is the speed at which molecules move or something like that. Hence solids melting into liquids. The two forces are unrelated on a scientific and philosophical level if you look at heat just being hot. So in no way is heat related to gravity.

All the planets have gravity, but they do not receive enough heat energy for anything on the surface to be able to move around the way things do here.

The second flaw. You oversimplify the nature of life and of the universe. No planets CLOSER to the sun have life either. The moon is in direct orbit around us. Nothing lives there either. Mars is said to be somewhat comperable to us, and in fact, they often look for signs of life there. Nothing. So the heat/gravity equations, while obviously both are necessary, isnt the be all end all of the recipe for life. I'm sure you know that, but you don't account for it here. Too many variables missing.

Also, several planets have enough energy for rivers of various substances to flow, and of course gravity, which all mass produces. No life. So clearly, you're missing some factors.

Bottom line, attempting to use heat and gravity as complimentary forces, when in reality, gravity is basically a function of mass, and falsely limiting the existence of life to these two forces, hurts your theory.

LHX
09-03-2006, 05:00 PM
Well, lets see.

Ironically, two forces which CAN'T be demonstrated to the eye.

gravity: pick something up, and then let it go
heat: get a chunk of ice from you freezer, and hold it for a while

Heat is the speed at which molecules move or something like that.
I am unfamiliar with this definition of heat.

The two forces are unrelated on a scientific and philosophical level if you look at heat just being hot. So in no way is heat related to gravity.

The second flaw. You oversimplify the nature of life and of the universe. No planets CLOSER to the sun have life either.
precisely - there is TOO MUCH heat energy

The moon is in direct orbit around us. Nothing lives there either.
Good point

The moon is smaller and colder than earth and currently has a different composition.

Key word being CURRENTLY.

If I had to make a wager, I would say that if there was a long enough time line, then we would be able to see the moon develop into a place that could sustain life.

Mars is said to be somewhat comperable to us, and in fact, they often look for signs of life there. Nothing.
Exactly - Mars is still too far away - it's too cold there.

On the scale of our solar system, Earth and Mars seem like next-door-neighbors, but a summer day on the equator of Mars is still colder than December 21 on the North Pole.

So the heat/gravity equations, while obviously both are necessary, isnt the be all end all of the recipe for life. I'm sure you know that, but you don't account for it here. Too many variables missing.

I still maintain that they are the foundation from which all the other variables develop.

Within the model I presented, the exceptions that you brought up can still be accounted for.

Also, several planets have enough energy for rivers of various substances to flow, and of course gravity, which all mass produces. No life. So clearly, you're missing some factors.

Mercury is a liquid metal at cold temperatures here on earth - not ALL substances require the same amount of heat energy to 'move' or 'flow'

Perhaps it would be wise to re-consider what the term 'life' is really suggestive of (for me too).

Planets with active atmospheres and flowing substances sound pretty 'alive' to me...

Bottom line, attempting to use heat and gravity as complimentary forces, when in reality, gravity is basically a function of mass, and falsely limiting the existence of life to these two forces, hurts your theory.

Good points.

Gravity is a function of mass. Heat has something to do with the composition of mass.

Since Jupiter is so large, according to the model I presented, it would suggest that Jupiter would be 'hotter' than Earth - which it is not.

This is a definite hole in the theory.

Perhaps under the right circumstances, Jupiter would be able to store more heat than Earth would due to its mass.

Im sure you would not disagree that matter has the ability to store or retain heat energy.

Although we don't really know the history of the Sun, right now we know that it is an entity going thru a process where it is continually generating heat - a continuous reaction.

Maybe there is reason to suggest that in a previous form, the sun was like any other planet - storing energy until it burst into the big ball of glory that it is right now.

Ima think about this for awhile

Peace man

Thanks for the feedback

Os3y3ris
09-03-2006, 05:12 PM
gravity: pick something up, and then let it go
heat: get a chunk of ice from you freezer, and hold it for a while

What about your own gravity? You too exert a gravitational pull, yet you cannot detect it.

As far as heat goes, yes, you can sense it, but looking at its evidence is not the manner of detection. Watching ice cream melt is secondary. You FEEL heat directly.

I am unfamiliar with this definition of heat.

Not the textbook scientific def, but my point is, that something is said to be hot when the molecules are excited. When they slow down, its colder.

I still maintain that they are the foundation from which all the other variables develop.

What about a case where you have a heated cloud in free space. Little gravity, but warm and somewhat stationary. Would life then be apt to develop?

Anyways, I'd respond to the rest of it, but my science isn't good enough to properly articulate why exactly yours is wrong. Not to be mean, but its WAY off. For example, the sun is a star. Its not getting warmer. Its cooling. Just slowly.

LHX
09-03-2006, 05:31 PM
Anyways, I'd respond to the rest of it, but my science isn't good enough to properly articulate why exactly yours is wrong. Not to be mean, but its WAY off. For example, the sun is a star. Its not getting warmer. Its cooling. Just slowly.

LOL

you sure have a definitive way of putting things for subjects you 'arent good enough to properly articulate' in

also - many distincitions of scientific 'terms' and classifications are shaky at best

the sun is currently a star, and pluto was a planet until 2 weeks ago

not retarded - physically disabled

Os3y3ris
09-03-2006, 06:05 PM
you sure have a definitive way of putting things for subjects you 'arent good enough to properly articulate' in

I know that some things aren't true, yet I don't necessarily recall what the truth may be. Odd how that works.

Prolifical ENG
09-03-2006, 06:54 PM
Heat and mass can be related in countless ways. The only way heat and gravity can relate is through mass....and not directly.

The relation isnt triangular between the 3, but linear.

7EL7
09-03-2006, 07:00 PM
The relation isnt triangular between the 3, but linear.

and what does that mean ?

Prolifical ENG
09-03-2006, 07:06 PM
and what does that mean ?

gravity - mass - heat ---> linear relationship. there are only traces where gravity and heat can be related...but its still described through other concepts.

example of a triangular relationship:

___force
___/ \
mass acceleration

yeah i know that the above one is easy mathematical...but there are other triangular relationship....rock, paper, scissors?

Jesus Christ
09-04-2006, 04:17 AM
You guys aren't feeling my homey's genius on this one, it's like this.............

Your nutz hang down from your body, ass your shaft warms up, your semen can defy gravity for a moment and exit the penis. Then by staying warm in the vagina, they further defy gravity and swim upwards for about 24 hours. so if that the case than that means..........

(heat+gravity)1male gamate x 1 female gamate=life

Aqueous Moon
09-04-2006, 04:20 AM
Anyway, I see it as......gravity = Earth/mass, and Heat = god/energy.

The relationship between them = life.

But, only when it is just right....and it is only just right when it is mathmatically precise.......(lattitude/longitude?) They have to meet at a certain point in space in order for this to happen.

When they do meet they don't just create any old form of life, they create human life. The most intelligent, advanced form of life in the universe.

How do I know it's the most intelligent, advanced form of life in the universe? Because it's mathematically precise. We can all do the math for ourselves.

Like was previously stated....there is either to much heat on a planet or not enough heat. The Earth is positioned just right to recieve maximum 'penetration' of the Suns's energy, without being overcome or underwhelmed by it's effects. It's perfection.

Damn.......it's all very sensual but, then again, maybe I'm the only freak here who sees the irony...(besides Slippy) lol.

Another thing LHX considered is our moon. It is also mathematically positioned as the perfect buffer between the Sun's heat and the Earth's mass. The moon representing the mental/psychological/figurative nature of the Earth.....it provides us with light while the Earth is busy doing her speedy traveling. The moon is there to reflect heat/life/energy unto the "dark" side of the planet. It keeps us alive when the Sun is not available.

This exchange of energy or light gives birth to stars...seeds, who rise to the top outer reaches of the universe. There they may become Suns, or Planets, or they might just stay as stars to our perception.

The route they take is all based upon their mathematical position in the universe and the power of the light/ gravitational pull/ energy they recieve and put out.

Godbrother
09-04-2006, 03:45 PM
I think we all need to consider electromagnetic fields, electromagnetic force, and gases

and most of all this earth has a core

Aqueous Moon
09-04-2006, 07:24 PM
^^^Can you elaborate a lil bit?

Civilison
09-04-2006, 08:45 PM
peace light

i give it up to you for the abstract analogous thinking

as far as delving into the details of your assertion

i believe that to be the secondary part to the equation. you can break down the things that are already broken into pieces from the whole, i.e. - gravity, heat... you cant really do the same with the abstract metaphors, i.e. - yin & yang - these are unbroken undifferentiated realities

this is the beauty i see within all this science

peace n love

Godbrother
09-05-2006, 09:17 AM
^^^Can you elaborate a lil bit?

Surely

force is motion.... force is heat......the end result of force is pressure.

the earths core is made out of iron and nickel, that molten generates heat which it creates a field

the earths atmosphere is real called magnetopshere

the earth only moves due to its core, the movement of earth generates force, end result pressure

the sun generates pressure from its heat which creates a field

I will post another message

Godbrother
09-05-2006, 12:37 PM
when you you think of gravity, you must think in terms of electromagnetic force and fields

with in a electromagnetic field there is gravity, out side the electromagnetic field is the state of motionless(depletion)

electromagentic fields are responsible for the compostion of there planet, thats why their atmosphere vary from the next planet

LHX
09-05-2006, 01:10 PM
when you you think of gravity, you must think in terms of electromagnetic force and fields

with in a electromagnetic field there is gravity, out side the electromagnetic field is the state of motionless(depletion)

electromagentic fields are responsible for the compostion of there planet, thats why their atmosphere vary from the next planet

so youre saying that the Sun has a E-M field, and within the Sun's field are all the planets

and that all the planets also have their own E-M field?

Prolifical ENG
09-05-2006, 04:23 PM
so youre saying that the Sun has a E-M field, and within the Sun's field are all the planets

and that all the planets also have their own E-M field?

that is how it works

adomstrange
09-09-2006, 01:36 PM

If there was no gravity, there would be no planet - everything here would just be some sort of mist floating around.

If there was no heat, there would be no energy - and no movement - this is the reason why planets further from the Sun than earth have no 'life' that we can identify.

When you combine gravity with heat, and then factor in the earth's rotation, this seems to be a recipe for movement on the earth's surface.

As others stated before, Gravity and Heat are NOT the factors for life. They are not even related forces. Gravity is related to mass, all mass bends the space around it the result being gravity. Heat is not a force, it it the excitement of molecules - that our sense of touch decodes as HEAT.
HEAT relates to molecules (combinations of atoms)
GRAVITY relates to the bending of the space/time continuum.

This type of movement - the shift from regions of high pressure to low pressure - seems to be the standard type of movement on this planet - and possibly the known universe. It also seems likely that the history of 'life' as we know it is traceable back to this basic interaction between heat and gravity.

This pressure that you are referring to is AIR PRESSURE. Air pressure has nothing to do with gravity or heat. Its like when you swim to the bottom of a pool and your ears begin to ache, because the pressure of the water around you is greater that the air pressure in your ear canal. Same as when you fly in an air plane, you keep swallowing to equalize the pressure in your ear. Above our heads is 300-400 miles of atmosphere (ie. Air molecules) Air pressure varies around the surface of the earth because of other variables, like how high above sea level the location is, and what the surface temperature of the earth is at that location.

Gravity is holding you down to the planet. Heat is giving you energy to move.
Gravity is not holding us down. We are caught in the gravitational field of the earth. Gravity is th force that causes objects to move toward the center of that object.

Heat is not giving us the energy to move around. As far as I know our muscle energy allows us and any other mammal to move - and our muscles get energy from the food that we consume. How is it that a polar bear that resides in freezing (low HEAT energy) temperatures is able to move?? A polar bear can swim in water that we would hypothermiate in in a matter of seconds. I don't see how heat gives us the energy to move...

You consume foods which are a mixture of matter (gravity) and contain energy (heat).

This is actually correct. kinda...

If you eat foods with no nutrient energy (heat) it is the equivalent of consuming nothing but matter - this will weigh you down prematurely (gravity).

Emphatically NO... you eat food everyday that has no nutritional content. FIBER has no nutritional content, we can't even digest certain plant fibers (think corn and your shit after you ate corn), but they are necessary to our diet and digestive system.
Weight gain is all about input/output. If you consume more food calories (energy) than the energy you burn during your daily activites then the excess calories are converted to fat and stored on your body.

[qoute=LHX;537107]
Conversely, if one were to hop on one of these trendy diets without doing the knowledge, they might not find themselves getting enough protein (gravity), and are liable to end up feeling light-headed or spaced out.
[/quote]

So now protein is gravity?? Plus, the low-carb diet has you consuming MORE PROTEIN than any other type of food calorie.
So I don't see the logic in this statement...
Are you relating 'light-headedness' to gravity??? Light-headed is just a figure of speech - its not a function of the human body.

And the Moon will never eventually 'evolve' into a planet like the Earth. The main factor being that the gravity on the moon is 1/6th of the Earths'. It cannot contain or maintain an atmosphere. And the surface temperature on the sun facing side is tremendous. While on the dark side of the moon the temperatures are near freezing. There is no balance or equalization of temperatures to maintain life.
Don't you know that the same side of the Moon always faces us?? The moon does not complete a rotation on its own axis, its rotation and revolution around us is the same. So how is the moon whose one side always faces the earth and the sun ever going to contain life????
Then you have to take into account that there is no water on the moon.
WATER is more fundamental to life than HEAT and GRAVITY.

adomstrange
09-09-2006, 01:42 PM
As others stated before, Gravity and Heat are NOT the factors for life. They are not even related forces. Gravity is related to mass, all mass bends the space around it the result being gravity. Heat is not a force, it it the excitement of molecules - that our sense of touch decodes as HEAT.

This pressure that you are referring to is AIR PRESSURE. Air pressure has nothing to do with gravity or heat. Its like when you swim to the bottom of a pool and your ears begin to ache, because the pressure of the water around you is greater that the air pressure in your ear canal. Same as when you fly in an air plane, you keep swallowing to equalize the pressure in your ear. Above our heads is 300-400 miles of atmosphere (ie. Air molecules) Air pressure varies around the surface of the earth because of other variables, like how high above sea level the location is, and what the surface temperature of the earth is at that location.

Gravity is not holding us down. We are caught in the gravitational field of the earth. Gravity is th force that causes objects to move toward the center of that object.

Heat is not giving us the energy to move around. As far as I know our muscle energy allows us and any other mammal to move - and our muscles get energy from the food that we consume. How is it that a polar bear that resides in freezing (low HEAT energy) temperatures is able to move?? A polar bear can swim in water that we would hypothermiate in in a matter of seconds. I don't see how heat gives us the energy to move...

This is actually correct. kinda...

Emphatically NO... you eat food everyday that has no nutritional content. FIBER has no nutritional content, we can't even digest certain plant fibers (think corn and your shit after you ate corn), but they are necessary to our diet and digestive system.
Weight gain is all about input/output. If you consume more food calories (energy) than the energy you burn during your daily activites then the excess calories are converted to fat and stored on your body.

[qoute=LHX;537107]Conversely, if one were to hop on one of these trendy diets without doing the knowledge, they might not find themselves getting enough protein (gravity), and are liable to end up feeling light-headed or spaced out.

So now protein is gravity?? Plus, the low-carb diet has you consuming MORE PROTEIN than any other type of food calorie.
Are you relating 'light-headedness' to gravity??? Light-headed is just a figure of speech - its not a function of the human body.

And the Moon will never eventually 'evolve' into a planet like the Earth. The main factor being that the gravity on the moon is 1/6th of the Earths'. It cannot contain or maintain an atmosphere. And the surface temperature on the sun facing side is tremendous. While on the dark side of the moon the temperatures are near freezing. There is no balance or equalization of temperatures to maintain life.
Don't you know that the same side of the Moon always faces us?? The moon does not complete a rotation on its own axis, its rotation and revolution around us is the same. So how is the moon whose one side always faces the earth and the sun ever going to contain life????
WATER is more fundamental to life than HEAT and GRAVITY.[/quote]

LHX
09-09-2006, 02:34 PM

what in the dear sweet heavens are you talking about??

who said anything about a low-carb diet?

LHX
09-09-2006, 02:51 PM

bullshit

what is matter?

what is light?

light is both a wave (heat)
and a particle (gravity)

all motion can be attributed to heat first

thats where things get the energy to move

sounds like just another way to say the same thing

and our food gets energy from stored heat

stored heat

polar bears have fur

fur helps store heat

thats not a recent discovery

Emphatically NO... you eat food everyday that has no nutritional content. FIBER has no nutritional content,
im not talking about what you read in school homie

fiber has plenty of nutrient content

you could live off apple peel if you had to

we can't even digest certain plant fibers (think corn and your shit after you ate corn), but they are necessary to our diet and digestive system.

try it out

yes that is the robotic way of looking at it

too bad humans arent robots

too bad not all calories are the same

So now protein is gravity??
what?

a lump of meat will weigh you down more than corn on the cob

its about density and composition

Plus, the low-carb diet has you consuming MORE PROTEIN than any other type of food calorie.
Are you relating 'light-headedness' to gravity???
i am relating 'light-headedness' to malnutrition

not gravity

Light-headed is just a figure of speech - its not a function of the human body.

thanks for clearing that one up

And the Moon will never eventually 'evolve' into a planet like the Earth.
thanks for the opinion

The main factor being that the gravity on the moon is 1/6th of the Earths'. It cannot contain or maintain an atmosphere.
yet

that we know of

And the surface temperature on the sun facing side is tremendous. While on the dark side of the moon the temperatures are near freezing. There is no balance or equalization of temperatures to maintain life.
yet

WATER is more fundamental to life than HEAT and GRAVITY.

water relies on heat and gravity

so
whats fundamental?

try harder

keep hitting those books

the silencer
09-09-2006, 03:33 PM
i like this thread..