PDA

View Full Version : Blue Sky Black Death Presents The Holocaust

Eerie Theories
09-03-2006, 10:03 PM
http://www.babygrande.com/images/news/ni1152815444746.jpg

I saw smuggling booze in here so i assume we still consider him wu fam. Also there is a wu symbol on the front cover. Yes, Holocaust isnt spitting like the majority of listeners would like (Silkworm,Doomsday, and others) but it still is refreshing to hear something different and original nowadays. Blue Sky Black Death delivers atmospheric beats throughout the album which in turn sometimes you may say..damn if only _your favorite rapper here_ could have spit on this album. This LP is NOT for you if you didnt appreciate the Warcloud era from Mr. Alcatraz. "I've waiting for four long years" for new shit from him. Lets get to the music shall we?

1) Plunder: The beat drops in immediately showing signs of a promising cd with somewhat of a vintage wu/premo hip hop sound. Holocaust brings in his strong voice and not his high pitch warcloud way of speaking. "Born of the sun/ i crash to the earth/ tormented,reviled/ i blast from the church"
Beat 4/5 Lyrics 3.5/5 Flow 3.5/5

2)Twilight Zone: "Ron Sterling wrote every twilight zone" Even though this is not true its still random and rediculous to say in a rhyme but this is what i love about Holocaust. The beat is heavy with a strumming guitar along futuristic sounds and slicing hi hats. "I crash through the wooden door, splinters/ City disintegrated, remember/ The black heart is sinister/ White bolt of lighting/ Deceivers of crying came out of darkness"
Beat 4.5/5 Lyrics 4/5 Flow 3.5/5

3)We Are All Well Known: I dont really like this track. Holocaust says some cool shit but it sounds like hes rushing it too much. "Find the violent kind/ the sun rewinds/a drunken kitten chasing a butterfly"
Beat 3/5 Lyrics 3/5 Flow 2.5/5

4)What Can The Matter Be: "And caring for this gift from heaven/ the dark overlord watch/ i wield fire sitting from a pillar throne/ the fucking warlock" <- ill. The beat is kind of slow but it fits holocaust on this track nicely.
Beat 4/5 Lyrics 4/5 Flow 4/5

5)God Be With You: Arguably the best track on the LP. The beat has a trancy chopped up violin sample along with other futuristic shit in the background. "A giant california bruin/ Youre just a broken machine who thinks hes a human" "And near the cottage in the woods an mc tries to walk and he cant move his feet/so he lifts his arms up to plea to god/ and is transformed as you see/ into an old stretching withered tree"

6)Monarchs: Ill wu-style beat. "Like a white spider in the dark/ tyrant to the art/ we defying every spark/ guns deadly to the heart" Starts showing signs of warcloud with "I be hustling with the monarchs from LA parts" repeating it.
Beat 4/5 Lyrics 4/5 Flow 3.5/5

7)No image: Creepy ass beat with an old sounding lady singing the hook. "My lyrics are the spirits of mythical cerial killers turned physical" That pretty much sums up Holocaust. This guy loves vampires nowadays huh?
Beat 4.5 Lyrics 5/5 Flow 3.5/5

8)The Ocean: The single from the LP. A lof of people are sleeping on this track. The beat is hard hitting in the car and holocaust kills it. "Punk i rain today construction vehicles on your parade/ I cut like a propeller blade/ What would you counter that with in a rap battle? lol.
Beat 5.5 Lyrics 4/5 Flow 4/5

9)Sinister: This track is a little too slow for my taste. "This is www.guninyourface.com". "Im the phantom of the megaplex bitch, the holocaust" "To kill me is like trying to find the snake that killed cleopatra" He shows signs that Warcloud is showing up for the rest of the album with the way he says "My rhymes take you to the outskirts of town and fucking kill you"
Beat 3/5 Lyrics 3/5 Flow 3/5

10)Smoking Room: The beat is simple but is still pretty good. He basically tells a bunch of different stories on this track. Not one of the shining joints. Nice violin at the end. No crazy quotables really.

11)Lady of The Birds: Warcloud has arrived. Im gonna let you guys listen to this for yourselves and make youre own judgement because its pretty fucking rediculous.

12)The Worst: ILL beat. Piano with samples...kind of a mix with stoupe and premo. "I move like a large black sting ray in crystal waters" Crazy imagery. One of the better songs on the lp.

13)Killer Moth: Warcloud again. "Spiderman standing on the ceiling with my fucking arms crossed"!!!! Beat is slow but has good atmosphere to it. Skippable track.
Beat 3/5 Lyrics 2/5 Flow 2/5

14)Wing To Wingfeather: Beat is pretty good. "Tropical islands are some of the least crowded places on the planet/ unless your on christmas island on the indian ocean" Damn the mescaline is really kicking in on this song.

15)Crash: I heard this song awhile ago. Its pretty good. "Undead creatures are immune to sleep spells" Kind of slow but hey its holocaust.

So from my review you can see that this album to most will be seen as mediocre at best. The beats are very good but they arent anything ground breaking and as for Holocausts verses you can say the same thing. He repeats himself a lot and refers to vampires and box jellyfishes in almost every song. If youre not a warcloud fan then i wouldnt buy it. I personally think its great. New holocaust is always something i would welcome.

3.5/5

Marc051
09-04-2006, 07:43 AM
Thanks for the review. I'm probably going to skip this one.

Mista JpKoff
09-04-2006, 08:55 AM
after a few listens, my comments on the album look alot like yours eerie theories, perhaps less harsh but this is it... personnally one of my 2006 favorites, but it's gonna go over the head of alot people due to redundancy : holocausts verses (while very good in his own style) sound the same sometimes, while the beats are typical babygrande shit, dope but not groundbreaking. Props to Blue Sky Black Death & Holocaust though, for me that's a 4/5

Jim Kelly
09-04-2006, 10:49 AM
Just can't get into it. Most of the beats are good, but Holocausts rhymes annoy me.

3/5

Eerie Theories
09-04-2006, 03:23 PM
To tell you the truth the more i listen to it the less i like it and im a huge fan

crass
09-04-2006, 03:26 PM
i can't wait to cop this. i love warcloud's s tyle

LORD ZERO
09-04-2006, 04:54 PM
My Fav Tracks On The Album Are:

Wing To Wing Feather
We Are All Well Known
smoking room
the ocean

Megaman
09-04-2006, 05:48 PM
I am not a big holocaust fan, but i love the production on this album.
4/5

Mista JpKoff
09-05-2006, 02:19 AM
"The Worst" is my cut, alchemy at its best

pablobaluba
09-05-2006, 02:41 AM
i never heard an album that could grow like this on me....i think it's in the top 5 of this year...
the beats are raising it the most on top but holocaust still has some ill rhymes. he lost his flow and mc talents...but he is still an over-average mc
for me...this album has 4-5 tracks that are 10/10. i really love those tracks..and they are....

twilight zone

monarchs

the ocean (As eerie theories said,...a very UNDERrated track)

sinister (very different from cloud's style but an amazing good track. very good beat)

smoking room

the worst (i haven't listen for a long time to a hook like this. really
underground. the beat is very complex again)

as you see there are more than 5 tracks i find 10/10...there are 6...and i really can say i can listen to these all day long. they are VERY GOOD
the rest are also good...
probably tomorrow we will consider this album classic.

peace

Ya_Bane
09-05-2006, 04:49 AM
I need to hear the whole thing a couple more times before I rate it.

LORD ZERO
09-05-2006, 10:03 AM
http://store.chambermusik.com/cgi-bin/picserve.cgi?picserve=/holocaust.jpg

1. Plunder
2. Twilight Zone
3. We Are All Well Known
4. What Can the Matter Be
5. God Be with You
6. Monarchs
7. No Image
8. Ocean
9. Sinister
10. Smoking Room
11. Lady of the Birds
12. Worst
13. Killer Moth
14. Wing to Wingfeather
15. Crash

Ya_Bane
09-05-2006, 10:13 AM
look 2 threads down from this...

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25216

LORD ZERO
09-05-2006, 10:16 AM
i have lol, just added a poll for this since it dropped today nah mean

THE W
09-05-2006, 01:42 PM
poll

Mista JpKoff
09-06-2006, 10:05 AM
i voted banger... il liked it alot at first, threw it in heavy rotation, and havent grown tired of it since then. i'ma buy it fo sho. a few average cuts and alot of excellent ones. superior production from blue sky black death

pablobaluba
09-06-2006, 01:13 PM
Very Good Album
There's No Album That Grew On Me That Much...
Holocaust Isn't Anymore What He Was But He's Still An Over-average Mc And The Beats Are 10/10 ...

Anyway...it's Better Than Masta, Ins And Meth....this Year

Go Check It
Peace

DarkeyeZ Da Riddla
09-06-2006, 09:39 PM
Damn, this has been the album I've been waiting for, and after listening to the sampler on the website, I'm scared to even check this album...sounds wack...if the album is actually any good, then the promotion sucks, because the sample is wack as hell.....

the silencer
09-06-2006, 10:00 PM
was about to cop it today but it was 17 bucks i was like nah.....

these reviews are encouraging tho....next time ill grab it

pablobaluba
09-07-2006, 06:27 AM
you can call me however you want. I DON'T CARE

my final verdict: almost CLASSIC

i really can listen to this album withou skping anything. i listen to it with more pleasure than masta, ins and meth..(this year)
imo it's even better than the great migration.
i know!!! HOLOCAUST isn't anymore what he was. i agree and it's sad. but he is still an OVER average mc and this album is great

twilight zone
monarchs
the ocean
sinister
smokin groom
the worst

these are 9/10 and 10/10 tracks !!!i can listen these on repeat all day long

GREAT ALBUM ! Exceptional PRODUCTION!

Damo
09-07-2006, 09:58 AM
"Undead creatures are immune to sleep spells" haha! But if you cast cure they die!

Ya_Bane
09-07-2006, 10:00 AM
"Undead creatures are immune to sleep spells" haha! But if you cast cure they die!

LOL! He didn't think about that ey?

Grongle
09-07-2006, 04:34 PM
I dont have it, and i dont think im goin 2 get it

Dr. Simon Hurt
09-08-2006, 03:36 PM
I'm enjoying it, burnin one listening to it right now, his delivery is terrible on some of the tracks but the production is so layered it's really a cinematic experience. not for everyone, but it definitely shits on his other two albums. i'll come back later with a more detailed review but i'm definitely enjoying it more than 4:21, Made in Brooklyn, or Resident Patient.

12weLvE
09-09-2006, 12:39 AM
Came in the mail this afternoon, and I love it; it was what i was expecting some nice dark lyrics over some nice dark beats.

I usually review track after track, but I am just going to rate it overall.

The album starts of nicely: I mean the 1st 10 tracks are all fucking sick, and the beats are insane. Hes usuallly on point with his lyrics (one of my favorite lyricist ever) and his flow is one of a kind, so i dont hate, but what the fuck happened to the back end of the album...I mean after track 10 it just get WACK?!?!?!?!?!? Except for Crash which is a nice ending track.

Key Tracks: Monarchs (might be my favorite), No Image, The ocean (this track is the shit), Smoking Room, Sinister (SICK), and God Be With You.

Worst Tracks: This is the point of the album where the beats outshine the artist... I think everything after Smoking Room sucks (Crash is the exception), mainly because of his flow; he sounds dead, unlike the first few tracks.

Overall: 4.4/5

One more thing: I noticed he raps about animals a whole lot on this album, especially Jelly Fishes...he must really be into Animal Planet lol.

This is the fucking year of the WU!!!
Good job Holocaust. And props to Blue Sky Black Death SICK ASS BEATS...

Rooty P
09-09-2006, 03:50 AM
I'm having a super tough time deciding whether or not to pick this one up. The tracks I've heard have the illest beats I've heard all year, but I just can't get into his voice. Is it worth it just because the beats are so nice? Hmmmm, tough choice.

pablobaluba
09-09-2006, 05:04 AM
yup. take it. tell me 2 albums better than this...this year :)

btw...is the jelly fish the deadliest animal in the world? :))

Ya_Bane
09-09-2006, 05:30 AM

I read it's (except for mosquitoes) hippo then polar bear.

pablobaluba
09-09-2006, 06:58 AM
heeh

anyway..the album is also avalable on

AMAZON

http://www.amazon.ca/Holocaust-Blue-Sky-Death-presents/dp/B000GYHQZM/sr=1-1/qid=1157802597/ref=sr_1_1/701-8025262-0809929?ie=UTF8&s=music

Killa Vanillah
09-09-2006, 12:38 PM
here is the info on the box jellyfish, these do confirm it is the most deadly marine animal at least:

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/universal-viewid209.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Box_jellyfish

Rooty P
09-10-2006, 04:32 AM
yup. take it. tell me 2 albums better than this...this year :)

Peace, I'mma cop it tomorrow afternoon.

THE W
09-10-2006, 10:29 AM
after first listen i really like how this album was produced. a perfect soundscape for holocaust's rhymes. unfortunately holocaust wasnt as impressive lyrically as on nightmares and smuggling booze.

on first listen i'll give it 7/10. production-wise this is leagues better then his first two but im still dissapointed cuz my main focus when dealing with holocaust/warcloud is his lyrics and he didnt have it on here.

i'll give this some more plays and see if my view differs.

g_flex
09-11-2006, 12:04 AM
this is one of those very refreshing batch of lyrics n beats...superior voting...the ocean is my personal fav

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
09-11-2006, 01:00 PM
after first listen i really like how this album was produced. a perfect soundscape for holocaust's rhymes. unfortunately holocaust wasnt as impressive lyrically as on nightmares and smuggling booze.

on first listen i'll give it 7/10. production-wise this is leagues better then his first two but im still dissapointed cuz my main focus when dealing with holocaust/warcloud is his lyrics and he didnt have it on here.

i'll give this some more plays and see if my view differs.
I agree with WADE the production is good but Holocausts lyrics faulter...He doesn't even rhyme WTF? and he still sounds strange his voice has changed since when he first took the scene...ultimately his flow ruins this album IMO

biblebullet
09-14-2006, 07:13 AM
well i've also being listening to the whole album and i ahev to say that the production is on point tight beats and all that. So with the product i also don't have a problem. When it comes to the lyrics and flow i think holocaust doesn't do himself any justice at all, he does so well on some tracks and then not so good on other. But on the whole it's a very dope album.
My favourites are tracks 1 to 10 and 15.
tracks 11 to 14 don't really hit me that hard

rubyspirit
09-14-2006, 07:26 PM

This album has me mesmorized. I listen to it again today while at work.

After reading the undead comment above... Holocaust feels there are some people alive who are like the walking dead (85%). So those that are walking alive, are "undead". They are immune to the lies of the world, or "sleep spells".

We should take one song each and transcribe it. I need to see the lyrics of these songs.

THE W
09-14-2006, 07:54 PM
i think the line may be holocaust making a random comment related to RPG games.

when you are going up against undead enemies using sleep spells is inaffective, but as damo said, you can damage or kill them with a cure spell.

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
09-15-2006, 11:24 AM
wasn't feeling it at all

THE W
09-15-2006, 11:27 AM
something between average and banger. i voted average

Leo Angel
09-15-2006, 03:16 PM
I'm listening to this album right now. Beats are clearly out of this world, magnificent... Warcloud is a great lyricist, but his flow is sadly kinda weak. I wish Killah Priest and Hell Razah would spit over these siiick beats})

Leo Angel
09-16-2006, 10:55 AM
I voted banga, there's a lot of tracks I feel. Like God Be With You, The Ocean, No Image, The Worst, Twilight Zone, Sinister, Monarchs... Very, very dope album fo sho, def worth copping:f

elsachmo
09-19-2006, 12:51 PM
I am biased since I am a huge Holocaust fan, but I will say that this album is a lot better than the new Meth, Masta Killa, or INS albums. His flow is not nearly as good as on his Warcloud albums, but he's still one of the most talented MC's I've ever heard. I thought BSBD's beats were ok, but I think the old beats by Skarekrow and Item# were better suited to his style. Everyone should at least check this out. It's not gangsta, street rhymes, but it is entertaining.

LORD ZERO
09-19-2006, 07:11 PM
I am biased since I am a huge Holocaust fan, but I will say that this album is a lot better than the new Meth, Masta Killa, or INS albums. His flow is not nearly as good as on his Warcloud albums, but he's still one of the most talented MC's I've ever heard. I thought BSBD's beats were ok, but I think the old beats by Skarekrow and Item# were better suited to his style. Everyone should at least check this out. It's not gangsta, street rhymes, but it is entertaining.

TRUE DAT, THIS ALBUM ISNT FOR EVERYONE THO, ESPECIALLY THE CLOSED-MINDED

LORD ZERO
09-19-2006, 07:17 PM
Jellyfish Dont Have A Brain And They Are Drifters/
I Drink Vodka Mixed W/ Elixirs/

Lol Dont Ask, I Just Like Dat Line

Ya_Bane
09-26-2006, 01:43 PM
Well I have made up my mind, any taking the risk of getting flamed I gotta vote this one a 'Classic'. Since it's an option for a new album I assume it's a measurement of how good you think the album is. I don't know what it is, I just cant stop listening to this album, it spins atleast once a day, from start to finish.

I'm having a hard time deciding wether Holocaust or Vatican Mixtape 2 is the best hip-hop release of 2006 to this date.

This my friends, is an amazing album by an amazing performer with dope production. Agree or go get a fucken haircut.

fabiojonz
09-27-2006, 03:03 AM
i think i'll pick this up,blue sky did a couple new sabac joints i'm impressed with.

is there a myspace for it or somewhere where i can hear at least a couple tracks?

Ya_Bane
09-27-2006, 03:18 AM
i think i'll pick this up,blue sky did a couple new sabac joints i'm impressed with.

is there a myspace for it or somewhere where i can hear at least a couple tracks?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=49541167

The first track there, 'Killer Moth' is the only track of the album I don't like.

Peace

pablobaluba
09-27-2006, 03:26 AM
Well I have made up my mind, any taking the risk of getting flamed I gotta vote this one a 'Classic'. Since it's an option for a new album I assume it's a measurement of how good you think the album is. I don't know what it is, I just cant stop listening to this album, it spins atleast once a day, from start to finish.

I'm having a hard time deciding wether Holocaust or Vatican Mixtape 2 is the best hip-hop release of 2006 to this date.

This my friends, is an amazing album by an amazing performer with dope production. Agree or go get a fucken haircut.

true, Master Ming Liu Khan :) that's what i said too

wusis2k
09-27-2006, 06:58 AM
What happened to skarekrow?

pneumatic
09-27-2006, 07:33 AM
This only sold 2,000 units so far.

Skellington
10-01-2006, 08:39 AM
best album that came out in years.

Ya_Bane
10-01-2006, 09:17 AM
Best Wu-album since Supreme Clientele imo.

Damo
10-03-2006, 04:29 PM
I think it's dope how he gots a track called Killer Moth, it's like he knows he's different from the rest of the Killah Beez. I imagine a swarm of Bees accompanied by a lone moth that represents him. Dope.

wusis2k
10-04-2006, 07:26 PM
i like monarchs and sinister.

i have the 2lp vinyl.

Kriszy Substance
10-04-2006, 07:36 PM
Just got this album the other day. Im gonna listen to it a little bit more then drop a review. I like so far though. Def different which is good. I heard a line in there saying somthing like "cold like Alaska"..cant remember which song. Review to come.

oDoUoSoKo
10-04-2006, 07:42 PM
all i herd is twighlight zone..........terrible wtf, jus trash, i can sense his tryin to sound like he was talking on the show but he didnt do it good, really bad song

Os3y3ris
10-19-2006, 10:59 AM
Lacks the energy of his other shit, but in his better tracks, he's pretty solid lyrically and flow wise.

ZiG 9th
10-23-2006, 05:11 AM
Just kopd this album a couple dayz ago. I only got to listen to it once so far and I must say that i'm not too impressed by it. I was just expecting more from Holocaust. I been a fan ever since the 1st time i heard him on the song "Holocaust" from RZA's Bobby In Stereo! But like some of u have mentioned already his flow is dead on alot of songs on this album. He needs more energy behind those lyrics! I love Holocaust as a lyricist but some of his lyrics aren't that good either. I love that song he has on the Killa Beez "The Sting" album.....Bluntz, Martiniz, girls and gunz <----that shit iz fire!! He said some ill shit in that song! "Bench press dumptrucks with one thrust" haha! I love that line!! But i'm gonna continue to listen to the album maybe it'll grow on me maybe not? I do like a few songs on there tho! I think the first song and Crash are my favorites so far? I like "what can the matter be" too!

Ya_Bane
10-23-2006, 05:42 AM
Just kopd this album a couple dayz ago. I only got to listen to it once so far and I must say that i'm not too impressed by it. I was just expecting more from Holocaust. I been a fan ever since the 1st time i heard him on the song "Holocaust" from RZA's Bobby In Stereo! But like some of u have mentioned already his flow is dead on alot of songs on this album. He needs more energy behind those lyrics! I love Holocaust as a lyricist but some of his lyrics aren't that good either. I love that song he has on the Killa Beez "The Sting" album.....Bluntz, Martiniz, girls and gunz <----that shit iz fire!! He said some ill shit in that song! "Bench press dumptrucks with one thrust" haha! I love that line!! But i'm gonna continue to listen to the album maybe it'll grow on me maybe not? I do like a few songs on there tho! I think the first song and Crash are my favorites so far? I like "what can the matter be" too!

yaeh I love those tracks too. But I think God Be With You and Sinister are my top 2 favorites (#5 and 9). Can't get enough of this.

Mista JpKoff
10-23-2006, 10:02 AM
But i'm gonna continue to listen to the album maybe it'll grow on me maybe not?

i bet it will... i love it more each time i listen to it... deepest album in 2006 HH overall... Soon to be classic to me, play it at the highest volume on a dark rainy day, or when you're feelin somewhat bad, shit's breathtaking at times. To me it edges The Great Migration (not by far though) for greatest 2006 Wu-related album. Still can't believe how it grew on me, i got yet to think of another cd that has had the same effect on me

ZiG 9th
10-23-2006, 02:36 PM
Just listened to it again for the 2nd time since i got it. I can't front it sounded better the 2nd time around. Plunder is my fav. song right now!!! That song has the the best beat and the best flow!

front.Porch
10-23-2006, 02:48 PM

Dirtdog13
10-23-2006, 03:30 PM
I can't tell how much of the reason I really like this album is the production. It would difficult for anyone to ruin those beats. That said, I don't know how much of a contribution Holocaust actually makes, although he is definitely original in his lyrics and delivery.

pablobaluba
10-25-2006, 02:10 AM
i bet it will... i love it more each time i listen to it... deepest album in 2006 HH overall... Soon to be classic to me, play it at the highest volume on a dark rainy day, or when you're feelin somewhat bad, shit's breathtaking at times. To me it edges The Great Migration (not by far though) for greatest 2006 Wu-related album. Still can't believe how it grew on me, i got yet to think of another cd that has had the same effect on me
true..that's what i said too ;)

Dr. Simon Hurt
10-25-2006, 12:24 PM
I can't tell how much of the reason I really like this album is the production. It would difficult for anyone to ruin those beats. That said, I don't know how much of a contribution Holocaust actually makes, although he is definitely original in his lyrics and delivery.

no the producer's half assed the album, they should've told holocaust to step up his flow, and to not do punch-ins (this album probably uses them more than any album i own and they are embarassingly obvious), but they probably just construcuted the beats around his acapellas, which is bad business either way. it's a pretty good album overall in spite of that, though the production is rather similar throughout and their drum programming sucks. "Bluntz,Martiniz, Girlz, and Gunz" is better than any track on here, so caveat emptor, proceed with caution if you like Holocaust/Warcloud's old shit and are thinking about buying.

ZiG 9th
11-02-2006, 03:34 AM
no the producer's half assed the album, they should've told holocaust to step up his flow, and to not do punch-ins (this album probably uses them more than any album i own and they are embarassingly obvious), but they probably just construcuted the beats around his acapellas, which is bad business either way. it's a pretty good album overall in spite of that, though the production is rather similar throughout and their drum programming sucks. "Bluntz,Martiniz, Girlz, and Gunz" is better than any track on here, so caveat emptor, proceed with caution if you like Holocaust/Warcloud's old shit and are thinking about buying.

Your right! Bluntz martiniz girls and gunz iz a classic!!

Prince Equality
11-08-2006, 02:12 PM
best album that came out in years.

I agree! It's even better than Bronze's album, in my opinion.

Best track are; Plunder, God Be With You, Sinister, Smoking Room, Crash. All these tracks are straight bangers! Production is dope as fuck and Warcloud is crazy as always. And don't forget, Warcloud is doin' the mc'ing by himself alone - no guest appearances. How many rappers can do that?

PEACE

PuNcH_iN_PuNcH_OuT
11-12-2006, 05:37 PM
i liked it

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
11-18-2006, 05:59 AM
I am listening to this shit right now..The production is AMAZING 4.5/5 and this cat Holocaust aka Warcloud aka Robot Tank is 100% SKILLED..Fuck this is the best album in the last two years..Respect..

Skellington
02-03-2007, 06:30 PM
I'd give this album a 4/5 just for the lyrics, that 1 miserable other point goes for the production....

Dr. Simon Hurt
02-03-2007, 07:44 PM
I listened to this album last night, drunk and stoned and it was a mindbending experience. granted the vocals are punched in and obviously weren't spit over the beats provided, but the album has an ambiance and power to it...this isn't for the sober heads.

the silencer
02-04-2007, 01:25 PM
i bought this the day it came out and the only 1 time i have listened to it was on the way home after buying it....the beats are fuckin insane but i coodnt stand Holocaust on here.....his shit made no sense at all i thought and his flow or accent or whatever sounds so exaggerated now...

BUT, after seeing the reviews u guys gave and how it grew on some of uz, im definitely gonna give this another chance this week

V4D3R
03-25-2007, 02:44 PM
Banger.

He's way over a lot of heads. If you like this album - it's hittin shit you dont undertsand. Subliminal banga's.

We all are well known, a mountaneous microphone
An apple that came from Rome, might bite, and snap your bones
I'm The Holocaust, the Collossus, now the Apocalypse
Back from the territories of darkness, with a gun heartless

^^BANGA

duotone
03-26-2007, 03:10 PM
this shit defenately grows on me...
it was the best albumrelease in 2006....
the beats the rhymes. everything fits....

this is w w w gone in you face . com

peace :hooray:

Hellspawn
03-28-2007, 05:47 AM
5/5 I like alot it too, best 2006 album.
my favorites are "twillight zone" and "god be with you".

OTB
04-02-2007, 12:45 PM
damn-
some wucorp head did a poll for dopest album
of 2006 and i think me and ya bane might have
been the only onez biggin up holocausts banger-
everyone else waz jockin mef and ghost-
now it seemz like mad headz caught the vaporz

that nina simone sample on track 7 iz one of the
dopest samplez ever-
and that one sample i thought waz elvis i found out
iz actually ennio morricone from a song called 'lonesome billy'

holocaust caught mad wreck last year-
lookin forward to hiz next album alot-
-peace-

OTB
04-02-2007, 12:50 PM
if any one of yall headz missed it, peep-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLFClyrPkHs

-peace-

FasterBlade
04-06-2007, 03:00 PM
mediocre, these guys got some bangers but it wasnt all that consistent. and its hard to listen to Cloud's constant babble for a whole album. rated it mediocre, prefer his work with Skarecrow over BSBD

OTB
04-07-2007, 08:48 AM
i'm gonna go so far az to say this album probably haz more
quotablez than any other wu album since 'wu-tang forever'

OTB - live and uncut

duotone
04-07-2007, 09:56 AM
i think the same....

holocaust and great migration afro samurai and muggs vs gza the best wu discs since forever....

hiphop changed into pop and is controlled by the money....

OTB
04-11-2007, 05:08 PM
actually- i have to say 'since wu-tang forever and heavy mental'

holocaust said-
'you must be crazy to mess with the tarantula
you try to get me, nope, i turn into smoke and go under the door like dracula'

holocaust iz top 10.

duotone
04-12-2007, 02:47 AM
lyricly he is perfect.... but sometimes he flows not good on the beats.... but it's not so relevant..... the album is great...

bastardswordsman23
04-28-2007, 03:05 PM
http://www.babygrande.com/images/news/ni1152815444746.jpg
It's a well thought out honest review and I agree with most of what you've said.
I saw smuggling booze in here so i assume we still consider him wu fam. Also there is a wu symbol on the front cover. Yes, Holocaust isnt spitting like the majority of listeners would like (Silkworm,Doomsday, and others) but it still is refreshing to hear something different and original nowadays. Blue Sky Black Death delivers atmospheric beats throughout the album which in turn sometimes you may say..damn if only _your favorite rapper here_ could have spit on this album. This LP is NOT for you if you didnt appreciate the Warcloud era from Mr. Alcatraz. "I've waiting for four long years" for new shit from him. Lets get to the music shall we?

1) Plunder: The beat drops in immediately showing signs of a promising cd with somewhat of a vintage wu/premo hip hop sound. Holocaust brings in his strong voice and not his high pitch warcloud way of speaking. "Born of the sun/ i crash to the earth/ tormented,reviled/ i blast from the church"
Beat 4/5 Lyrics 3.5/5 Flow 3.5/5

2)Twilight Zone: "Ron Sterling wrote every twilight zone" Even though this is not true its still random and rediculous to say in a rhyme but this is what i love about Holocaust. The beat is heavy with a strumming guitar along futuristic sounds and slicing hi hats. "I crash through the wooden door, splinters/ City disintegrated, remember/ The black heart is sinister/ White bolt of lighting/ Deceivers of crying came out of darkness"
Beat 4.5/5 Lyrics 4/5 Flow 3.5/5

3)We Are All Well Known: I dont really like this track. Holocaust says some cool shit but it sounds like hes rushing it too much. "Find the violent kind/ the sun rewinds/a drunken kitten chasing a butterfly"
Beat 3/5 Lyrics 3/5 Flow 2.5/5

4)What Can The Matter Be: "And caring for this gift from heaven/ the dark overlord watch/ i wield fire sitting from a pillar throne/ the fucking warlock" <- ill. The beat is kind of slow but it fits holocaust on this track nicely.

5)God Be With You: Arguably the best track on the LP. The beat has a trancy chopped up violin sample along with other futuristic shit in the background. "A giant california bruin/ Youre just a broken machine who thinks hes a human" "And near the cottage in the woods an mc tries to walk and he cant move his feet/so he lifts his arms up to plea to god/ and is transformed as you see/ into an old stretching withered tree"

6)Monarchs: Ill wu-style beat. "Like a white spider in the dark/ tyrant to the art/ we defying every spark/ guns deadly to the heart" Starts showing signs of warcloud with "I be hustling with the monarchs from LA parts" repeating it.
Beat 4/5 Lyrics 4/5 Flow 3.5/5

7)No image: Creepy ass beat with an old sounding lady singing the hook. "My lyrics are the spirits of mythical cerial killers turned physical" That pretty much sums up Holocaust. This guy loves vampires nowadays huh?
Beat 4.5 Lyrics 5/5 Flow 3.5/5

8)The Ocean: The single from the LP. A lof of people are sleeping on this track. The beat is hard hitting in the car and holocaust kills it. "Punk i rain today construction vehicles on your parade/ I cut like a propeller blade/ What would you counter that with in a rap battle? lol.
Beat 5.5 Lyrics 4/5 Flow 4/5

9)Sinister: This track is a little too slow for my taste. "This is www.guninyourface.com". "Im the phantom of the megaplex bitch, the holocaust" "To kill me is like trying to find the snake that killed cleopatra" He shows signs that Warcloud is showing up for the rest of the album with the way he says "My rhymes take you to the outskirts of town and fucking kill you"

10)Smoking Room: The beat is simple but is still pretty good. He basically tells a bunch of different stories on this track. Not one of the shining joints. Nice violin at the end. No crazy quotables really.

11)Lady of The Birds: Warcloud has arrived. Im gonna let you guys listen to this for yourselves and make youre own judgement because its pretty fucking rediculous.

12)The Worst: ILL beat. Piano with samples...kind of a mix with stoupe and premo. "I move like a large black sting ray in crystal waters" Crazy imagery. One of the better songs on the lp.

13)Killer Moth: Warcloud again. "Spiderman standing on the ceiling with my fucking arms crossed"!!!! Beat is slow but has good atmosphere to it. Skippable track.

14)Wing To Wingfeather: Beat is pretty good. "Tropical islands are some of the least crowded places on the planet/ unless your on christmas island on the indian ocean" Damn the mescaline is really kicking in on this song.

15)Crash: I heard this song awhile ago. Its pretty good. "Undead creatures are immune to sleep spells" Kind of slow but hey its holocaust.

So from my review you can see that this album to most will be seen as mediocre at best. The beats are very good but they arent anything ground breaking and as for Holocausts verses you can say the same thing. He repeats himself a lot and refers to vampires and box jellyfishes in almost every song. If youre not a warcloud fan then i wouldnt buy it. I personally think its great. New holocaust is always something i would welcome.

3.5/5
It's a well thought out review .good job.

Osi
05-01-2007, 12:17 AM
I didn't really feel it much when I first got it, but I gave it a couple more listens and it's starting to grow on me. Smoking Room is my favourite track I think, the first few are all good though.

SniperShot
05-10-2007, 01:37 AM
this is a great cd ive never heard anything from this dude cept for that song hes on in that bobby digital album. i like his voice altho at certain points his voice gets wierd and the beatz r just great.

Guarded By Martyrs
06-25-2007, 04:57 PM
Let's get something straight before we start - Holocaust is my favourite rapper by far.
This is "The Best One-Man Show You Will Ever Hear" only Holocaust could bring such a vast amount of lyrics on a single LP.
Blue Sky Black Death play their part as well, EVERY single beat is unbelivable capturing the mind of Holocaust superbly.As I said on the opening line no one features on the album, when he is in this Robot Tank Mode I don't think anyone would want or dare to join him on a track.
(and actually test him)

1.Plunder -

Very underated track that starts off in the middle of the chourus.Listen in your headphones can you hear the morse code signal when he is doing the hook right at the begining and slowly through the track it gets lower, maybe something to do with th title?
From when the first thing he says on this album is:
"The kingdom of fame, Cherokee war dance of flame
I plunder take you under to a world untamed"
Enough said.

Twilight Zone -

When you hear this you think or I did "Yes Yes,He's Back The Old Holocaust" well not quite but much more aggressive than the first track.
I still can't make out what he says just before he does the first verse I think he says "I'm promiscuous ???????" you will find this from time to time when in this Robot Tank Mode causing you to listen to it more and more.
He seriously destroys this beat which is madness the chelo that comes in kills it in the chorus.

We All Are Well Known -

Starting from where he left off on the last track the beat is similar yet softer almost has a
"Kill Bill" feel to it he raps incedible bringing dart after dart fact after fact.
"Spray you for the tailors failure"

What Can The Matter Be -

I belive that this track is unbelivable, it's like Holocaust/Robot Tank is tested or really liked this beat because he goes back to the slower style from the first track and bless' it smoke a joint and zone out to this you will be transported!
Also I belive that there is a message in the track - In the chorus he say's
"I came from the Wu-Tang Academy...Ain't no man mad at me"
To me this is unreal because I and many others belive that he is
"The Greatest MC Alive" but he is paying homage to "The Wu-Tang Academy"
aknowledging that that's where he came from and that's wher he should be.
The second part of the message is right near the end the sample -
The second man say's "What does he pay you for murdering me?"
The first man replies "$500" I think that that is how much Holocaust charges for a verse...not nearly as much as certain other shit MC's or rappers charge!

God Be Wih You -

This is poetry in motion Robot Tank at his best he becomes one with the beat which is sheer genius, in fact this song is beautiful my joint favourite.

Monarchs -

This one is simply CRAZY the beat is like a Wu-Tang Killarmy track or somrthing, got that shaolin electric feel to it with sword-slahes and old harps.This reminds me of Holocaust trying to burst out of the Robot Tank at the end the screams "HOLOCAUST"

No Image -

But the Robot Tank is even stronger on this track.
Oh dear as soon as this comes on you think "here we go" the beat reminds me of walking a lonely street at night, looking behind you.With none other than Nina Simone sampled for the chorus and Holocaust as Robot Tank rapping about a vampire story, pure sickness.

The Ocean -

Ill sample from a film I would have thought (anyone know)
I don't know how he does it but this song is even better than the last in my opinion.Much more like the old Holocaust over a Grade-A beat with some crazy voices on it listen to the lyrics and imagine him on 8-Mile or a battle - they would call it off by the first verse.Probabally my second favourite.

Sinister -

If you have heard "I Catch Fire" Holocaust as Alcatraz you will see the comparison except this one is much much slow and he is Holocaust as Robot Tank.Again the beat is off the hook not worthy of other rappers freestyling over it.

The Smoking Room -

Listen to the stories.

Lady Of The Birds -

More of an interlude than a song very stange beat listen at the end.

The Worst-

My joint favourite on the album tied with "God Be With You" you seriously have to sit down and listen to this one the veses are ill but Robot Tank just sounds like he is taking the piss, just showing off almost with his slured speach.Straight BANGA and yet again the beat is pure quality.

Killer Moth -

If I was a boxer or gonna fight someone I would listen to this track but I would have to bring someone with me because I would get carried away, the beat is evil.
You can really see the difference between Holocaust & Robot Tank on this one.

Wing To Wingfeather -

This is a masterpiece, yet again the beat is mucky continuously changing and thumping and again I can't see another MC over this beat because of what he does to it, espicially the second verse - "I have a crucifed mind"

Crash -

Save the best till last?
This is erie this tune, strange - the chorus alone would blast most rappers out of the water.I think he thought to himself "Come on Holo show them"
Like a few tracks on this album it is different to most rap tunes letting the beat speak for itself...doing what sounds like two seperate chorus' the last vesre of the CD is Savage - with elements from all his alter egos -

Holocaust/Warcloud/Alcatraz/Robot Tank

This is a masterpiece I hope that
"But The End There Of...Are The Ways Of Death" is just as good or if it can surpass it.

Sleep Sinatra
08-10-2007, 02:01 PM
Let's get something straight before we start - Holocaust is my favourite rapper by far.
This is "The Best One-Man Show You Will Ever Hear" only Holocaust could bring such a vast amount of lyrics on a single LP.
Blue Sky Black Death play their part as well, EVERY single beat is unbelivable capturing the mind of Holocaust superbly.As I said on the opening line no one features on the album, when he is in this Robot Tank Mode I don't think anyone would want or dare to join him on a track.
(and actually test him)

1.Plunder -

Very underated track that starts off in the middle of the chourus.Listen in your headphones can you hear the morse code signal when he is doing the hook right at the begining and slowly through the track it gets lower, maybe something to do with th title?
From when the first thing he says on this album is:
"The kingdom of fame, Cherokee war dance of flame
I plunder take you under to a world untamed"
Enough said.

Twilight Zone -

When you hear this you think or I did "Yes Yes,He's Back The Old Holocaust" well not quite but much more aggressive than the first track.
I still can't make out what he says just before he does the first verse I think he says "I'm promiscuous ???????" you will find this from time to time when in this Robot Tank Mode causing you to listen to it more and more.
He seriously destroys this beat which is madness the chelo that comes in kills it in the chorus.

We All Are Well Known -

Starting from where he left off on the last track the beat is similar yet softer almost has a
"Kill Bill" feel to it he raps incedible bringing dart after dart fact after fact.
"Spray you for the tailors failure"

What Can The Matter Be -

I belive that this track is unbelivable, it's like Holocaust/Robot Tank is tested or really liked this beat because he goes back to the slower style from the first track and bless' it smoke a joint and zone out to this you will be transported!
Also I belive that there is a message in the track - In the chorus he say's
"I came from the Wu-Tang Academy...Ain't no man mad at me"
To me this is unreal because I and many others belive that he is
"The Greatest MC Alive" but he is paying homage to "The Wu-Tang Academy"
aknowledging that that's where he came from and that's wher he should be.
The second part of the message is right near the end the sample -
The second man say's "What does he pay you for murdering me?"
The first man replies "$500" I think that that is how much Holocaust charges for a verse...not nearly as much as certain other shit MC's or rappers charge!

God Be Wih You -

This is poetry in motion Robot Tank at his best he becomes one with the beat which is sheer genius, in fact this song is beautiful my joint favourite.

Monarchs -

This one is simply CRAZY the beat is like a Wu-Tang Killarmy track or somrthing, got that shaolin electric feel to it with sword-slahes and old harps.This reminds me of Holocaust trying to burst out of the Robot Tank at the end the screams "HOLOCAUST"

No Image -

But the Robot Tank is even stronger on this track.
Oh dear as soon as this comes on you think "here we go" the beat reminds me of walking a lonely street at night, looking behind you.With none other than Nina Simone sampled for the chorus and Holocaust as Robot Tank rapping about a vampire story, pure sickness.

The Ocean -

Ill sample from a film I would have thought (anyone know)
I don't know how he does it but this song is even better than the last in my opinion.Much more like the old Holocaust over a Grade-A beat with some crazy voices on it listen to the lyrics and imagine him on 8-Mile or a battle - they would call it off by the first verse.Probabally my second favourite.

Sinister -

If you have heard "I Catch Fire" Holocaust as Alcatraz you will see the comparison except this one is much much slow and he is Holocaust as Robot Tank.Again the beat is off the hook not worthy of other rappers freestyling over it.

The Smoking Room -

Listen to the stories.

Lady Of The Birds -

More of an interlude than a song very stange beat listen at the end.

The Worst-

My joint favourite on the album tied with "God Be With You" you seriously have to sit down and listen to this one the veses are ill but Robot Tank just sounds like he is taking the piss, just showing off almost with his slured speach.Straight BANGA and yet again the beat is pure quality.

Killer Moth -

If I was a boxer or gonna fight someone I would listen to this track but I would have to bring someone with me because I would get carried away, the beat is evil.
You can really see the difference between Holocaust & Robot Tank on this one.

Wing To Wingfeather -

This is a masterpiece, yet again the beat is mucky continuously changing and thumping and again I can't see another MC over this beat because of what he does to it, espicially the second verse - "I have a crucifed mind"

Crash -

Save the best till last?
This is erie this tune, strange - the chorus alone would blast most rappers out of the water.I think he thought to himself "Come on Holo show them"
Like a few tracks on this album it is different to most rap tunes letting the beat speak for itself...doing what sounds like two seperate chorus' the last vesre of the CD is Savage - with elements from all his alter egos -

Holocaust/Warcloud/Alcatraz/Robot Tank

This is a masterpiece I hope that
"But The End There Of...Are The Ways Of Death" is just as good or if it can surpass it.

good summary whers,if whut u say is true( which im sure it is) this is a must cop, at first i considered holocaust as just an oddity in hip hop, but the more i hear from him the more i start 2 appreciate his incredible lyricism an now i consider him one of the best in the game at the moment i will definetly b coppin this

Guarded By Martyrs
08-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Yeah Sleep you should definatly check out this album one of the best in my vast collection.

Long live "The Robot Tank"

~

"The Impact Will Rip You'r Shoulders Off
There Are Soldiers On The Dark Side Of The Planet Who Walk
He Hold's The Key
To Destroy Their Enemy"

Chrism70
09-03-2007, 07:06 AM
OK.............I would rate this just below Heavy Mental as being the best Wu-Fam release...........yep even better than Kilarmy...........and that pains me to say cause I love those guys.

From start to finish this is a no-skip album.

Every track - from beats to lyrics..............

One word would sum up this album.........CLASSIC!!!

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
11-13-2007, 11:37 AM
The Holocaust Album Wit Production From Black Sky Blue Death Was A Dopely Underratted Album, I'm Just Saying

TAURO
11-13-2007, 11:48 AM
I didn't really like it. I found the production to be quite dull and Holocausts lyrics just didn't move me in anyway. It's not a bad album, I just found it very uninspiring.

SHAoLiN LoRD
11-13-2007, 11:50 AM
The album is ridiculously underrated.

Heads don't know, or don't get it

Guarded By Martyrs
11-13-2007, 12:34 PM
The greatest one man show you will hear.

A Masterpiece....That is what Hip-Hop is missing...
I think Holocaust & DJ Muggs should make an album together...
What do you think ?

Jasperz
11-13-2007, 02:12 PM
yea i love that album. "crash" is so amazing.

Guarded By Martyrs
11-13-2007, 02:38 PM
Yeah^
Crash is bizarre...
My favourite would have to be >
"God Be With You" is from another time!!!!!!!

DR. NICK RIVIERA
11-13-2007, 02:38 PM
The greatest one man show you will hear.

A Masterpiece....That is what Hip-Hop is missing...
I think Holocaust & DJ Muggs should make an album together...
What do you think ?

I agree, featuring some crazy mothafuckaz, like Canibus & Lil'Jon (not a joke)

Guarded By Martyrs
11-13-2007, 02:40 PM
Yeah the "Canibus & Holocaust" track is WAY WAY over due.
DJ Muggs would suit Warcloud perfectly I think.

Come Honor Face
11-13-2007, 02:44 PM
Are u guys serious? This album is wack! Holocaust wasnt always wack, but he is now! I swear to god i heard him rapping about smackin someone, and turnin there face into a "bannana split pirate ship" that's just wierd. He just spits whatever rubbish comes out of his jaws. Very bad mc!

The Abbott
11-13-2007, 02:51 PM
The Holocaust is one of the great MC in the Wu-Fam , this men is incredible , with different styles and personnalities (Warcloud/Holocaust/Robot Tank... are differents Mc's! ). I'm always waiting The Robot Tank album and the Alcatraz album

hide1998
11-13-2007, 02:52 PM
I really love this album personally. It's cinematic (not just the production, but the way Holocaust crafts his lyrics. I really enjoy seeing all the images he creates lyrically).

Guarded By Martyrs
11-13-2007, 02:54 PM
As an album it is pretty damn good...
Almost pefect...it grows on you like you'r hair for real...
I'm obviously gonna be biased but as an ALBUM you can't really go wrong from where I'm sitting.

Where did you hear that^

"Bannana Split Pirate Ship" ???/

Don't ring ant bells ?

But this ALBUM is a straight BANGA...Blue Sky Black Death
Took it sick capturing Holo >
And having the bottle/balls to bring their DEBUT ALBUM showcasing "The Holocaust"

As for Holocaust being wack...
Just wait untill "The Robot Tank" brings his secret weapon...

He is a breath of fresh air in Hip-Hop
A lyrical machine that deserves recognition.
You admitted it you'r self...(in the form of calling him wack)
How many Emcees come "Unpredictable" now that O.D.B. has gone?
And he has already proved he is a Colossus from his old style...

PEACE

The Abbott
11-13-2007, 02:55 PM
Yo Whers my man check it: http://www.lyricwiki.org/Warcloud

Guarded By Martyrs
11-13-2007, 03:01 PM
Yeah thanks man...
Knowlegde God brought me in on this...
PROOF!!!! Ha Ha Ha That he is the sickest!!!!!

I haven't checked it in a bit...

Thanks Abbott >

PEACE

Whers = WarcloudHolocaustEndingRappersSwiftly

The Abbott
11-13-2007, 03:07 PM
The track Human Lanturnz Pt 2 , it's from the Gneticz album 'Foreign Oil' but i can find it nowhere...

Guarded By Martyrs
11-13-2007, 03:25 PM
Yeah he told me you can get it on MySpace...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
11-13-2007, 03:43 PM
hey i like this shit and i think its highly underatted and i'm about to cop his underground shit via chamber musik

Jasperz
11-13-2007, 04:11 PM
God Be With You is my second favorite track. The chorus is so beautiful, I love the imagery.

Jasperz
11-13-2007, 04:13 PM
"you're just a broken machine, who thinks he's a human"

11th Chamber
11-13-2007, 04:18 PM
"God Be With You" and "Sinister" are my shit when im high

dude gets you thinkin

THE W
11-13-2007, 04:55 PM
its a tight album but far from his best work. nightmares that surface and smuggling booze are a lot better.

GhettoGnom
12-04-2007, 05:17 PM
Great production that COULD have made Holocaust shine again, but his delivery totally ruins it.

Chrism70
12-06-2007, 07:20 AM
Great production that COULD have made Holocaust shine again, but his delivery totally ruins it.

Are we both listening to the same album? Its one of the best Wu Fam albums of all time in my opinion. Up there with Silent Wars, Wu-Syndicate, Shyheim, and of course Heavy Mental.

Holocaust makes that album what it is, and thats one of the best WU albums, it beats some of the Clan members albums too.

GhettoGnom
12-06-2007, 09:05 AM
^^He would have made it a great album if he'd still had a sense of rhythm left in his body.

Ya_Bane
12-06-2007, 09:27 AM
^^He would have made it a great album if he'd still had a sense of rhythm left in his body.

Everyone doesn't have to sound the same..

GhettoGnom
12-06-2007, 10:18 AM
Everyone doesn't have to sound the same..

Ehm, no, but everyone should try to keep a delivery that's somewhat close to what the beat sounds like.

Guarded By Martyrs
02-19-2008, 12:06 AM
He maintains that awkward style through out the entire album though...

"An Instrument Of Emcees"

His presence alone on the track is unreal.
Just check the first verse of "Plunder" for an opening verse into an album it is colossal...
It's hard to keep up from when you hear that you know that he has
Transformed AGAIN !!!!!

He is a sick genius.

Makes me laugh because he has SO many voices and deliveries...
I agree this one is by far the most "Misty" or "Smudged"
But I often think RZA has a unbelivable delivery but many of my mates say that it's terrible
Alcatraz is as clear as anyone it just so happens that "The Holocaust" isn't.

PEACE

Guarded By Martyrs
05-10-2008, 09:20 AM
This is going to be reviewed at length soon...

RA EL
05-10-2008, 08:59 PM
This album is entertaining, I enjoy it. The lyrics are poetic and the beats are great. My favorite tracks are ~ Monarchs, Twilight Zone, We Are All Well Known and What Can The Matter Be. Holocaust/ Warcloud has an unorthodox style like Jim Kelly, haha.

Guarded By Martyrs
05-10-2008, 09:03 PM
PEACE^
No love for "God Be With You" or "Crash" ???
This album is like the stargate portal !!!!!!!!

"Kicking Rymes Like Jim Kelly"

Hahaha

He is like the Salvador Dali of emcees !!!!

RA EL
05-10-2008, 09:19 PM
PEACE^
No love for "God Be With You" or "Crash" ???
This album is like the stargate portal !!!!!!!!

"Kicking Rymes Like Jim Kelly"

Hahaha

He is like the Salvador Dali of emcees !!!!

Yeah, he's fun to listen to. I anticipate his new material < I'm sure it will be a bizarre ride, like a John Malkovich roller coaster controlled by Alien Jelly Fish, haha.

Guarded By Martyrs
05-10-2008, 09:37 PM
Yeah, he's fun to listen to. I anticipate his new material
I don't know if you have seen this :

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41181

I'll sort out a few tracks if you want to hear some of his recent material...

In my opinion...The Greatest Emcee Alive.

PEACE

RA EL
05-10-2008, 09:59 PM
^Cool. I'm aware of that thread. Peace

Chrism70
05-25-2008, 12:45 PM
I've been listening to this album a lot recently and I just want to say this is one of the best Rap albums of all time yo..................

The beats, the lyrics, the man that is HOLOCAUST!!!

WOW!!

Ritter
05-25-2008, 02:24 PM
Holocaust is one of the rare mc's that grew on me so fast and so critical.He has to be one of the best emcees,I wouldnt say the best,but in just 2 months,he grew from obscure to legend in my book.His new album could bump his way into top 4 along with Rakim,Killah Priest,GZA and Masta Ace.

Mic Tyson
06-01-2008, 08:07 PM
i might by this album even though i can't stand him right now. it will probably grow on me. im open to weird kinds of music and shit, like Quasimoto. that shit had me trippin first time i heard it. maybe this will be the same

Wu-Tang Gambino
06-16-2008, 12:48 AM
This is an amazing album. BSBD is exactly what Warcloud needed. They perfectly compliment each other.

hide1998
06-16-2008, 04:34 AM
One of my alltime favorite Killa Bee albums. Must own for the open-minded hip-hop crowd.

lequory
06-20-2008, 03:05 PM
When I first got this album I bumped into non stop for about a month. It does have about 3 songs that need to be skipped but overall its a good album that I pop in from time to time. One of the few albums that I will be playing for years like Cannibal Ox's album it doesn't leave your mind for longer than a few days.

David Daniel Davis
09-05-2013, 08:38 AM
Blue Sky Black Death presents the Holocaust was released seven years ago today. I still give it regular spins. This along with Masta Killa's No Said Date and Bronze Nazareth's Great Migration are my most heavily rotated Wu Tang l.p.'s. Really wish there would be a follow up

noel411
09-12-2013, 07:13 PM
This album and Ganksta NIP's 'South Park Psycho' would be my 2 most listened to hip hop albums of the last 7 years or so. The only 2 I listen to with any sort of regularity, really.