PDA

View Full Version : Special Herbs Box Set

INF
09-13-2006, 01:48 PM
Anybody got this? I picked it up about 6 months ago an that shit still goes hard. You got all of Doomsday in it. All the tracks that went on fishscale. Mmfood. KMD tracks. There are still alot of tracks that I cant find the vocal to. I got a Grimm disc where he kills alot of these tracks , called Mad Flows. Besides that Grimm shit I aint heard Doom spit on even half of these. There is no Madlib shit on here either. It's all Dooms shit. So... I'm wondering where the tracks with vocals are cuz I got all his shit and I aint got some of these instrumentals with vocal. I know it aint the same as the individual sets of special herbs cuz I heard them in the iTunes store and all the individual albums tracks are longer but still no vocal. idk.........what I do know is that these are my favorite 3 disc at the moment.

One.

Wzarecta
09-13-2006, 05:18 PM
Some of them just haven't been used.

Tetsuo
09-13-2006, 05:26 PM
A lot of the beats are on King Gheedorah's album which you should def check out.

INF
09-13-2006, 09:47 PM
Some of them just haven't been used.

Yeah, I wonder if I've used one that hasnt been used. I'd rather use something with no vocal than one with.

A lot of the beats are on King Gheedorah's album which you should def check out.

Aight , thanx , I'll do that.

maestro wooz
09-14-2006, 02:05 AM
im kicking myself now, i saw this shit in the record store alot but at the time i didnt have the money to drop 25 for 1 cd, i was looking for the 9.99 ones, now i havent seen it in there in months. I hadnt hear what was on it but im definetley looking out for it now.

12weLvE
09-14-2006, 01:13 PM
This is my shit...I write all my papers hearing these instrumentals.

INF
09-14-2006, 02:51 PM
im kicking myself now, i saw this shit in the record store alot but at the time i didnt have the money to drop 25 for 1 cd, i was looking for the 9.99 ones, now i havent seen it in there in months. I hadnt hear what was on it but im definetley looking out for it now.

Its three disc for 20 an some change. You should order it Wooz.

Alcryt
09-14-2006, 05:04 PM
Only thing i dont like about this is that the track listing is mucked up lol
Besides that its good shit

UNCLE RUCKUS
09-14-2006, 05:12 PM
yeah this is a dope release; I never got around to getting any of the special herbs cds... but the first 2 cds stay in my stereo

INF
09-14-2006, 05:31 PM
Only thing i dont like about this is that the track listing is mucked up lol
Besides that its good shit

Yeah, it has two or three tracks that are the same and after knowing that and seeing the track listing on the individual volumes , it makes you wonder if the names even matter. I like describing tracks by humming them out and improving my best to see if somebody knows which one I'm talkin about. I think everybody does that with music but it trips me out how we can do that. Recognize by sound and not name.

yeah this is a dope release; I never got around to getting any of the special herbs cds... but the first 2 cds stay in my stereo

The third disc is tight too. I didnt really find a need for it at first but I like to chill to it now and then. My favorite off the third disc is constipated monkey. My favorite disc out of all of em is Disc 2.

Have you heard Grimms Mad Flows album or the Special Herbs vol 1? They both are dope as fuck. Sometimes I feel that Grimm gets more outta a Doom track than Doom.

oDoUoSoKo
09-14-2006, 07:38 PM
not all of op:dd is on it

INF
09-14-2006, 07:41 PM
not all of op:dd is on it

Ur right. whats missing?

Fuck
09-14-2006, 07:43 PM
hey. red n gold (not doom) tic tick,...

good album..i copped the shit

UNCLE RUCKUS
09-14-2006, 07:43 PM
Yeah, it has two or three tracks that are the same and after knowing that and seeing the track listing on the individual volumes , it makes you wonder if the names even matter. I like describing tracks by humming them out and improving my best to see if somebody knows which one I'm talkin about. I think everybody does that with music but it trips me out how we can do that. Recognize by sound and not name.

The third disc is tight too. I didnt really find a need for it at first but I like to chill to it now and then. My favorite off the third disc is constipated monkey. My favorite disc out of all of em is Disc 2.

Have you heard Grimms Mad Flows album or the Special Herbs vol 1? They both are dope as fuck. Sometimes I feel that Grimm gets more outta a Doom track than Doom.
Yeah I like the third too its a mix of KMDs Black Bastards and Mr. Hood Instrumentals though and I prefer the original with Doom and Subrock. But yeah I think I listen to disc 2 the most its excellent

maestro wooz
09-14-2006, 09:01 PM
Its three disc for 20 an some change. You should order it Wooz.

done, it was 24.99. Got it in right now.

maestro wooz
09-15-2006, 01:37 AM
AIIIIIIIGHT, this is sicker then i imagined. Its got almost fucking everything on there. Doom is a god.

INF
09-15-2006, 09:32 AM
AIIIIIIIGHT, this is sicker then i imagined. Its got almost fucking everything on there. Doom is a god.

hellz yeah! thats cool that you picked it up Wooz. little do you know, I made $1.25 off ur purchase for promo purposes.naw, for real though, those gotta be the dopest instrumentals out right now.imo

Tetsuo
09-15-2006, 10:51 AM
hey. red n gold (not doom) tic tick,...

good album..i copped the shit

Doom didn't produce Red & Gold?!?!

maestro wooz
09-15-2006, 02:09 PM
hellz yeah! thats cool that you picked it up Wooz. little do you know, I made $1.25 off ur purchase for promo purposes.naw, for real though, those gotta be the dopest instrumentals out right now.imo

ha, you get to see how sick of an emcee doom is when you hear the instrumental and think "how the fuck could you rap over this?" and then you start spitting dooms verse and the world just becomes a better place.

INF
09-15-2006, 02:49 PM
ha, you get to see how sick of an emcee doom is when you hear the instrumental and think "how the fuck could you rap over this?" and then you start spitting dooms verse and the world just becomes a better place.

I know Wooz. That shit is inspirational. I remember hearing the set for the first time thinking "how the hell do you rap over this shit". There were many song that I hadnt heard yet. I had Doomsday in my PC but never really converted it to listen to it before I got speacial herbs, I had only heard a few songs. Once I put everything together, it blew my mind. Doom is the Illest(thats right , I said it). I still havent heard the track that I used for Its a habit. I dont know if I wanna either. Its better that way. I sent mail to all kinds of links that I found and even asked Dwight(count bass D) personally if he could convey a message for permission of the track that I used for Its a habit but I never got any static so I figured fuck it. at least I went outta my way to get permission.

INF
09-17-2006, 01:04 AM
Just D/L The King Geedorah album and found new traks. Some I had like fastlane. That was on Mad Flows or Special Herbs Vol.1. There were like two more that were the same deal. Anyway, I still aint found the track I used for Its a Habit. Thats good. It means that track is either extreamly rare or it hasnt been used. That would be ill if I was the first to use it but there aint no way.

maestro wooz
09-17-2006, 02:41 AM
whats the name of the beat for "its a habit"? I dont see one on the special herbs named that. I've had people compliment "whatever" we were listing to cause i play it all the time. Doom is serious shit kiddies.

maestro wooz
09-17-2006, 02:54 AM
aight i just seen it on your myspace, nah i never heard of that beat used anywhere yet and i know most doom stuff. Maybe if it was on some obscure MIC album but i doubt it.

Locust
09-17-2006, 06:37 AM
yo infinite i heard that beat many times, i cant lay my finger on where tho

maestro wooz
09-18-2006, 12:02 AM
yeah it sounds familiar but im pretty sure that actual beat has never been used, maybe they used the same drums or sample but i cant think of anything.

INF
09-18-2006, 02:40 AM
I damn near heard everything now so unless it was some b-side MIC then it aint been used. I know you woulda found it by now Wooz. I'll try and write Daniel and see whats up but I'd like to actually wait till he hears it on his own. Whos to say he aint heard it already. I got some more tracks comin off special herbs that I wanna fuck with that I also aint heard been used yet. I'm also lookin thru some 9th wonder to fuck with. Anyway....

INF
09-18-2006, 11:41 AM
Jeeeeeeeeeeezus christ I hope MIC comes back to full form cuz this King Geedorah album is impossible! The beef between them has gotta end. That shit aint right. We in some times right now where it really is called for for them to be around and in full form. It takes Doom too. Its all about energy.

Ghost In The 'Lac
09-18-2006, 12:37 PM
its annoying though because all the tracklisting wrong. so you cant know what song is what from this set.

INF
09-18-2006, 01:23 PM
its annoying though because all the tracklisting wrong. so you cant know what song is what from this set.

Thats why I dont quote the actual track for Its a Habit cuz one minute its called Saffron then the next its dragons blood then something else on the individuals so yeah...who knows. The best way to name them is by the name of the actual track that they were used for. I'm gonna try and count how many I see thats used and how many is not so I can get down to the bottom of things. Just somethin to do on the side sometime.