PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with Jerry Rice

the8stricker
07-10-2005, 07:19 PM
Now, I know Rice is very old but he is a great slot receiver. He can run an easy five yard slant and turn it into a 15 or 20 yard gain. For Denver to sign a one year deal with Rice makes it seem like he's unvaluable. I do understand investing a multi year contract in a player who probably wouldn't play much longer isn't that smart due to his age. Regardless injuries hasn't been a real doubt or something to think about when you think about aquiring Rice.

He's a great player and a threat at the slot. Even if you don't throw him the ball that much the secondary and linebackers would pay attention to him slightly more than the primary reciever. Rice can clear out areas for the primary to take advantage of. This method, tricking with the defense can make it a long day for them. With a nice run and pass balance offense, Denver can be great team on the offensive side of the ball.

TUCO
07-10-2005, 07:54 PM
where Rice now lacks in mobility he makes up in skill and leadership
the man can get open as easy as the best can do so....cause he's a supreme master in his position....so u can trust him to catch the ball....but thats where the mobility issue comes in...he cant really catch much anymore....
but it'll be interesting to see how Shannahan uses him (being an offensive genius)

PEACE

the8stricker
07-10-2005, 08:11 PM
where Rice now lacks in mobility he makes up in skill and leadership
the man can get open as easy as the best can do so....cause he's a supreme master in his position....so u can trust him to catch the ball....but thats where the mobility issue comes in...he cant really catch much anymore....
but it'll be interesting to see how Shannahan uses him (being an offensive genius)

PEACESo you sayn that his hands aren't as great or he's not very versatile at the receiver position to perform different tasks.

Analyze
07-10-2005, 09:10 PM
I think the nigga tarnished his image as the greatest at the postion. If he wants to pass of his knowledge then become a fuckin coach..shit he older then alot of them anyway. He has to know his time is up, from Super Bowl MVP, certain first time Hall of Famer to 3rd down reciever.

Liquidswordsman
07-10-2005, 11:31 PM
Nothing is wrong with God Rice. The man loves the game and still wants to play. If you were in his shoes u would do the same. Numbers do not matter when u hold EVER important recond at your position. The man loves the game and his still able to play.

Shannahan (being an offensive genius)------- ummmmm..........BULLSHIT

Hayabusa
07-11-2005, 12:32 AM
cosign liquid shannoan just lucky he coached John Elway. And he had Alex Gibbs as his O-line coach for ever. Tha real mastermind behind the Broncos running system that churns out 1500 yard backs.

the8stricker
07-11-2005, 11:32 PM
I understand the outlook on Rice now but I have one more question about the NFL.

Who has the best receiving crew?

I'm with the Cardinals and of course my hometown Lions.

Rebel_INS
07-12-2005, 02:10 AM
He sucks ass now

R3beLuTionAry
07-12-2005, 04:19 AM
Nothing is wrong with God Rice. The man loves the game and still wants to play. If you were in his shoes u would do the same. Numbers do not matter when u hold EVER important recond at your position. The man loves the game and his still able to play.

Shannahan (being an offensive genius)------- ummmmm..........BULLSHIT

well said, if i was Rice i wouldnt wanna stop playing either. i would cry

sakk
07-17-2005, 03:57 PM
Rice is the man. He loves the game so much he cant leave. As far as the best WR crew in the NFL its the mothafuckin:

New

Orleans

Saints

what.

the8stricker
07-17-2005, 05:06 PM
Yea Joe Horn is one of my favorite recievers but I don't know the Saints that well.

Hayabusa
07-17-2005, 05:38 PM
I'll take the Raiders crew over saints any day. All 6"2 or taller and all run like a ferrari. Moss,Porter, Curry No unit comes as close to as having as much pure talent.

Microphone Fiend
07-18-2005, 12:28 AM
I dont think there's anything wrong with Jesus In cleats still playing football. I think he's earned the right to play until he doesn't want to and if he's fine with being a 3rd option than so am I.

sakk
07-18-2005, 01:12 PM
I dont think there's anything wrong with Jesus In cleats still playing football. I think he's earned the right to play until he doesn't want to and if he's fine with being a 3rd option than so am I.
Word.

Hayabusa
07-18-2005, 02:42 PM
I think he gonna end up being a 4th option if he don't get cut. I'd rather develop my youngster Darius Watts by giving him some PT at the slot than have Rice at slot. Who probably won't be around next year training camp time.

the8stricker
07-18-2005, 09:28 PM
I think he gonna end up being a 4th option if he don't get cut. I'd rather develop my youngster Darius Watts by giving him some PT at the slot than have Rice at slot. Who probably won't be around next year training camp time.
I disagree with throwing Rice on the bench. I'd rather have my veteren give the youngster education at the position. Like in Green Bay, Farve is gon to give Aaron Carter a great lesson at that position for his future career.

Hayabusa
07-19-2005, 12:09 AM
Its Aaron Rogers lol. A youngster needs PT and reps way more than tips from Rice which they still can get wit Rice on the bench lol.

netscape check two
07-19-2005, 12:59 AM
Rice already said that this will be his last season.

the8stricker
07-19-2005, 01:59 AM
Me myself I feel that Rice is still a threat. I've already stated this but for example if Rice is placed at slot. That outside LB, CB or Safety are going to pay attention to Rice because of his talents that everyone knows. Pushing his route allows that outside reciever to get a single coverage or a more easier catch. Even though he's old and this is his last season, Jerry Rice is still a quality player.

My man Rice needs his PT, a youngster has all his career. If I was in the NFL and had to play man down on the depth chart for Rice I would. He's the greatest receiver that ever played and he's giving me a great demonstration at the position. I'm of course still getting my reps at practice and besides maybe I could get in at kick returns. Its the NFL and money and PT is the key but you can't always get that being a youngster. It will soon come though.

Big Bad Man
07-22-2005, 02:57 PM
I understand the outlook on Rice now but I have one more question about the NFL.

Who has the best receiving crew?

I'm with the Cardinals and of course my hometown Lions.
Ravens hahaha. I wish.

Big Bad Man
07-22-2005, 03:04 PM
Shit im with stricker. Last season I thought he done well. When he went to the hawks I was kinda gutted coz I cant stand em for some mad reason. When they did actually throw the baw to him he done fuckin well for them. People look at his age n just under-rate him straight away. Fuck puttin him in the slot. Id have him number 2 n a good burner in the slot. Then it would get corner backs hinking. I know If I was a QB n I saw Rice, providin the pass wasnt a bomb Id look for him every time 1st. U know his experience alone never mind his talents are gonna give him a better chance at catching it than most, if not, he will do his best to make sure no1 else does anyhow.

Age means shit. Until last week Hopkins was the number 1 pound for pound at 40. Hoost won the K1 at 38. Hulks still wrestling at 90 hahaha. But age only becomes a factor when the mental accepts it. Until it does the human body can do shitloads more than people hink, n Jerry Rice knows that. I honestly believe he has at least 2 seasons left in him full out. So if he has a good season n aint just a slot man, does well Id go after this if I was him. He shoulda went to a wee team too for better servive. As shite as the 49ers are that woulda been perfect for both sides.

the8stricker
07-22-2005, 04:18 PM
Shit im with stricker. Last season I thought he done well. When he went to the hawks I was kinda gutted coz I cant stand em for some mad reason. When they did actually throw the baw to him he done fuckin well for them. People look at his age n just under-rate him straight away. Fuck puttin him in the slot. Id have him number 2 n a good burner in the slot. Then it would get corner backs hinking. I know If I was a QB n I saw Rice, providin the pass wasnt a bomb Id look for him every time 1st. U know his experience alone never mind his talents are gonna give him a better chance at catching it than most, if not, he will do his best to make sure no1 else does anyhow.

Age means shit. Until last week Hopkins was the number 1 pound for pound at 40. Hoost won the K1 at 38. Hulks still wrestling at 90 hahaha. But age only becomes a factor when the mental accepts it. Until it does the human body can do shitloads more than people hink, n Jerry Rice knows that. I honestly believe he has at least 2 seasons left in him full out. So if he has a good season n aint just a slot man, does well Id go after this if I was him. He shoulda went to a wee team too for better servive. As shite as the 49ers are that woulda been perfect for both sides.I'm feel'n exactly what u say'n especially your mental aspect outlook. Thats the straight up truth.

Hayabusa
07-22-2005, 04:27 PM
Hulk..... Wrestling isn't real..... Hopkins???? Boxing isn't great anymore the fighters aren't elite atheletes anymore. Jerry Rice isn't even guarenteed to make the team after training camp word on the street out in Denver. Age is more than a number in football. If u not a quicker u have no shot of dominated at the age of 40+ or being much more than a player/coach. How wants to give an old geezer reps when u got young diamonds in the rough to try to craft. Businees is Business no matter how great u were in the past that means shit now. This is a what have u done for me lately world.

the8stricker
07-22-2005, 10:16 PM
A yo Hayabusa if your its true that Rice isn't up to par in his performance at training camp I'm totally with you on his age circumstance.

I'm feel'n you on your outlook on the world right now. Thats deep and true, straight up and down.

Big Bad Man
07-23-2005, 07:19 AM
Hulk..... Wrestling isn't real..... Hopkins???? Boxing isn't great anymore the fighters aren't elite atheletes anymore. Jerry Rice isn't even guarenteed to make the team after training camp word on the street out in Denver. Age is more than a number in football. If u not a quicker u have no shot of dominated at the age of 40+ or being much more than a player/coach. How wants to give an old geezer reps when u got young diamonds in the rough to try to craft. Businees is Business no matter how great u were in the past that means shit now. This is a what have u done for me lately world.
Fighters are not elite athletes? Its been proven that fighters easily have the best balance of aerobic and anaerobic fitness, conditioning, mental strength, speed and power.

Put a sprinter in a marathon n he get beasted.
Put a marathon champ in a 100m n he get beasted.

Fighters can do well in both. Plus Jerry Rice - his old speed is still faster than a lotta receivers and corners. Corners after all play there for a reason. Diff wit safeties though.

THE W
07-23-2005, 10:25 AM
he got old...plain and simple.

u-turn
07-23-2005, 12:30 PM
he's hanging on too long

the8stricker
07-23-2005, 11:49 PM
Bottom line: Being a Offensive Coordinator in the NFL

I would want Jerry Rice in my receiver core.

Big Bad Man
07-25-2005, 01:45 PM
Bottom line: Being a Offensive Coordinator in the NFL

I would want Jerry Rice in my receiver core.
As the core.