PDA

View Full Version : RZA needs to stop making movie scores and get in the studio with a general.

GENERAL WISE
09-13-2006, 10:18 PM
RZA needs to stop making movie scores and get in the studio with a general.

Most of the time RZA gives beats to dudes through wire or something not working with the mc while he is in the studio. If you think about it, when all members (who participate in album) work IN THE FUCCING STUDIO (SAME STUDIO) they put out something classic.

Now i know RZA, ghost Meth Rae blah blah blah are busy, but if your going to do a beat for meth, BE IN THE STUDIO WITH METH. ILL GUARANTEE GOLD/ CLASSIC

Most of the time these dudes are on seperate coasts.

plus too many loops not enough differentials like 36 chambers. Beats stay the same all through track (thumbs down)

THE W
09-13-2006, 10:22 PM
you're right, they need to do that. but that fact remains. blah blah blah blah.....dudes are busy.

and also, for what ever reason, they chose not to work with this guy.

Luz
09-14-2006, 02:04 AM
What confuses me is for all the time RZA spends supposedly "scoring" movies and stuff, he's got very little to show for it.

A few cues on Kill Bill. Probably not 5 minutes total.

Soul Plane score? I've never heard any of it.

Blade Trinity had 1 song with him rapping/producing and 2 others i think with him just producing.

He was supposed to be on Derailed but I don't think the film or the soundtrack has a single note from him.

His Miami Vice score was rejected or he was dropped before he completed it.

Now he's got the Protector which I don't know how much music there is but he said he did the whole score in about 3 weeks. Then Afro Samurai which will probably be the most Rza's music we've heard since The World According to Rza in 2004.

But yeah.... he needs to start making music with generals.

go_skim
09-14-2006, 02:42 AM
yeh i think its all got 2 do with money

Tetsuo
09-14-2006, 04:24 AM
RZA needs to stop scoring and he needs to stop rapping as well. He's garbage now and I can no longer endure listening to his awful voice if I'm not even gonna take anything away from what he says.

sinfullycute
09-14-2006, 07:19 AM
There's more $ for him in movies

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
09-14-2006, 02:51 PM
didn't miami vice flop though?

sonny getz
09-14-2006, 04:58 PM
^^^
he probably got paid before the movie came out

09-14-2006, 05:11 PM
i was just reading info on miami vice and damn it actually didn't flop and RZA was hired to do the film's score, but was later replaced with Organized Noize

tekunique
09-14-2006, 05:21 PM
miami vice def. DID flop. the production budget alone was 135mil and the movie only made 65mil in the states. it did like 137mil worldwide, but movie of this calliber should have made $150mil domestically easy. and marketing cost aint even revealed. god knows how much that shit came out to.

check here : http://the-numbers.com/movies/2006/MVICE.php

09-14-2006, 05:31 PM
they still recovered the money it took to produce it so it wasn't a "loss" is what i meant to said, but the fact RZA didn't end up doing the score is wack

B. Schulze
09-15-2006, 11:13 AM
There's more $ for him in movies

right?? leave it to the fans and dudes would probably go broke!

tekunique
09-15-2006, 11:39 AM
they still recovered the money it took to produce it so it wasn't a "loss" is what i meant to said, but the fact RZA didn't end up doing the score is wack
well, it made back the production cost, but thats not including the marketing cost. movies like this had lots of promotion thruout the world so the marketing cost might have been around $50mil or so. considering that, the movie LOST money. and for a movie to be somewhat successful, it needs break even and then some DOMESTICALLY. worldwide figures count, but there are other costs involved where the studios dont rake in 100%. whatevers man, i dont wanna go back and forth.. not to be teknikal but just lettin the truth out. peace.