PDA

View Full Version : Ya'll Think Mobb Deep Can Redeem Themselves?

CharlesJones
09-14-2006, 05:24 PM
Ya'll think they can get their loyal fans back if they leave G Unit and sign with a independent label? I wonder what their contract is like with G Unit. I wonder how many albums they gotta do with the label. If they were smart, they would try to get outta their contract and sign with a independent label so they can make hardcore music again and not that pop club corny music they did on Blood Money album.

J-DON
09-14-2006, 06:52 PM
I dunno. I dont think so. But if they had beats like Havoc gave Diddy (on that Pharoe Monch ghostwritten track) and Prodigy somehow un-fell off I could see it.

Kenny Powers
09-14-2006, 06:55 PM
nope

tical2000
09-15-2006, 01:24 AM
it has nothing to do with G-UNIT dumbass....

it has to do with the fact that PRODIGY fell the fuck off as an MC.....before G UNIT......this G UNIT album is not much different than AMERIKAZ KNIGHTMARE or INFAMY album......

a bunch of you fags see a G UNIT sticker and you get your panites in a twist......truth is MOBB DEEP are average now and have not put out a great record since MURDA MUZIK or PRODIGY's HNIC....

IF PRODIGY ever gets hungary again than maybe they can come back, but its unlikley

Lil' Ruger
09-15-2006, 01:28 AM
get it twisted
put them in they place
the infamous
hell on earth
shook ones
quiet storm and so much more mobbs still good to me i was a fan of

them slightly longer den i was of wu-tang

Dirty Knowledge
09-15-2006, 01:30 AM
From what?? Making bad music? Of course they can do that. Will they? Remains to be seen... doubt it.. once you fall off, it's hard to get back on in the eyes of the real.

maestro wooz
09-15-2006, 01:40 AM
they need to go to qb and let tragedy help out with the album.

snapple
09-15-2006, 09:07 AM
absolutley..they dropped a weak album....i doubt thats the last we'll see of mobb

SHRAP
09-15-2006, 09:46 AM
Ya'll think they can get their loyal fans back if they leave G Unit and sign with a independent label? I wonder what their contract is like with G Unit. I wonder how many albums they gotta do with the label. If they were smart, they would try to get outta their contract and sign with a independent label so they can make hardcore music again and not that pop club corny music they did on Blood Money album.

their loyal fans are still with them

signin to g-unit just helped weed out weak ass haters that for some reason dont like to see their favorite rappers get money

CharlesJones
09-15-2006, 08:20 PM
I just saw on Artistdirect.com that Mobb Deep is coming out with a videos dvd October 31st called The Life Of The Infamous. I gotta get that because they did some classic videos such as Peer Pressure, Shook Ones part 2, Survival Of The Fittest, Give Up The Goods, Quiet Storm, Burn, Back At You.

PLO-Stylez
09-15-2006, 08:36 PM
it was too late in their career to take try and take on a new audience with G-unit. But Americaz Nightmare was average with some good signis but Infamy was bull shit. Havoc has really caried P lyricaly since Infamy. Seems like Prodigy gave up or maybe just maybe he lost a ghostwriter. Just put that thought out ther

Lil' Ruger
09-15-2006, 08:38 PM
Put Them In They Place!!!!!

ShaDynasty
09-16-2006, 07:30 AM
mobb deeps blood money was awful, very popish, g-unit clone
its possible that theyll maybe have a decent second album on g-unit (or one not as bad as blood money) but its unlikely

UNCLE RUCKUS
09-16-2006, 05:20 PM
I think their last three albums were a bit weak except "Burn" and a few others. I didnt even listen to their latest record cause it looks too weak. But Id support Havocs solo if it ever drops; I have been waiting. The Infamous, Hell On Earth and Murda Muzik are all classics for me and Id like to see P back again I loved HNIC as well

GSTYLE
09-16-2006, 05:27 PM
The G Unit album is very similar in style to Amerikaz Nightmare apart from a handful of tracks. Mobb Deep's last good albumw as the free agents mixtape. the rest is average. I think they need to put time back into their releases and they could do it again, but Prodigy aint got it no more and Hav c ant possible put all his time into doin beats AND rhymes, so 1 is gonna suffer.

12weLvE
09-16-2006, 05:47 PM
You know I actually think that Mobb Deep fits in with G-Unit. If you think about it 50 and Mobb Deep have just about the same album formula and just about the same style. Something to point out is that they did loose a lot of fans, and getting them back will be real hard. I went to the Raekwon and Mobb Deep show in NYC, and not even the G-Unit fans were hyped about it. Will they redeem themselves? I dont think so.

staycreepin_n_silence
09-16-2006, 09:47 PM
no they are finish have been has been for a long time 6 or 7 years

InfamousRD
09-16-2006, 09:47 PM
hav stepped his lyric game up i think hes better then pee on most tracks

snapple
09-17-2006, 09:35 AM
finished for 6 or 7 years? LOL this was the first flop in a minute, mobb has been putting out hits for years and has always had a lot of respect by most club/hiphop heads.

grimey
09-17-2006, 11:33 AM
mobb is just wack now!

oDoUoSoKo
09-17-2006, 01:42 PM
I dunno. I dont think so. But if they had beats like Havoc gave Diddy (on that Pharoe Monch ghostwritten track) and Prodigy somehow un-fell off I could see it.
?

TiKaL
09-17-2006, 02:56 PM
I have no problem with Mobb Deep's direction, ...

I read up and down on this site about how none of their albums is any good since 'Hell On Earth' and how they sold out, how Prodigy sucks, ect ect

I never buy into it. I still like their shit.
'Murda Muzik' is a far better album that the geeks here claim.
Even 'Infamy' isnt that bad. Its just a divided album.

Mobb Deep still has plenty of fans.
The whole Jay-Z thing did hurt Mobb Deep I think.
Thats how fickle the buying public is, so joining up with 50 was just damage control.
Its not like Jay-Z and 50 Cent dont have the same pool of fans

I pretty much had it with rap music nowdays, Mobb Deep (and anything Fugees) is the pretty much the only thing Ill buy that isnt Wu-Tang related

InfamousRD
09-17-2006, 04:12 PM
check hav spit on this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ0OCs_jjiE

Benzino (Almighty RSO) & Mobb Deep - The War's On

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWw_5F7UiNk

this video is ill what movie are thos clips from?

Da Dishonourable Don
09-18-2006, 12:29 AM
they ain't gittin their real fans back with G-Unit tatoos on they knuckles!

Lil' Ruger
09-18-2006, 12:40 AM
lol mobb deep is coolbut they aint g-unit style

CharlesJones
09-18-2006, 04:59 PM
InfamousRD the movie clips from The War's On video is Original Gangstas with Fred Williamson, Jim Brown, Pam Grier, Shyheim.

InfamousRD
09-18-2006, 11:47 PM
InfamousRD the movie clips from The War's On video is Original Gangstas with Fred Williamson, Jim Brown, Pam Grier, Shyheim.

sick thanks ill have to check that movie out

Shaolin Bloody Sword
09-19-2006, 01:19 AM
Mobb Deep is some doodoo now.... I "used" to be a fan !

Lil' Ruger
09-19-2006, 01:24 AM
..... i still am they WILL bounce back