PDA

View Full Version : Video of Mos Def arrested On stage mid-song for singing anti war song! WOW

thelion1856
09-14-2006, 07:00 PM
Wow, people dont do shit to stand up for unjust bullshit by the fucking police.

Mos Def is arrested at a peaceful concert because of his lyrical content against the war in iraq, hitler bush and the slow response to katrina. 1st the cops try to fuck with the audio but then just go up and arrest him in the middle of the song. WOW!

"Can you relate?
We living in a police state." -Dead Prez 2000

Mos Def Arrest Video.......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNKnoIV6BT4

D P got that crazy shit, we keep it crunk god. john blaze n' shit!

I've seen two sides, us against them
Police troops ride with four to five men
Prison business is boomin, senators grin
People searchin for answers, where to begin
Capitilism born from the backs of blacks
White folks relax, live off the kick backs
Gettin work to the bone jo, build this country
Further exploided by class to make money
Filthy rich capilist with blood loot
Use main frames systems to bank and compute
With the next technology, credit to the wires
Internet growth the man more suppliers
Welfare, ederly checks and wage workers
All us, elephants trapped in they circus
Ain't fightin over man made chips no more
When the lights go out, it's gonna belong to the poor
-Dead Prez 2000

maestro wooz
09-14-2006, 08:13 PM
yeah i mean, he had a good cause, but you cant just start up a concert in the middle of the street. It appears like the cops did everything peacefully also, i dont see them fucking him up or anything. I wouldnt be suprised if mos planned on being arrested for that to get headlines for it.

7EL7
09-14-2006, 08:17 PM
you don't get arrested for singing anti war songs man

they set you up to fail for that

ilzPotent
09-14-2006, 08:27 PM
let me tell you something - this was obviously in NY. The naked Cowboy performs in the middle of 42nd street in his draws almost everyday. The dude does not have a permit for shit. that was some straight bullshit...

all bush says "we" are fihting for our freedom. It seems they are taking it away little by little everyday... using paranoi to infiltrate our privacy and take ou rights...

Lil' Ruger
09-14-2006, 08:28 PM
thats just bull maybe a publicity stunt

L~>1<~NKS
09-14-2006, 08:39 PM
Careful the Modz are comin - all ready a thread on this big dog - Peace:

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25465

7EL7
09-14-2006, 08:53 PM
let me tell you something - this was obviously in NY. The naked Cowboy performs in the middle of 42nd street in his draws almost everyday. The dude does not have a permit for shit. that was some straight bullshit...

all bush says "we" are fihting for our freedom. It seems they are taking it away little by little everyday... using paranoi to infiltrate our privacy and take ou rights...

makes sense

thelion1856
09-15-2006, 12:46 AM
yeah but this was at the VMA awards. u need a permit if u at the VMA awards? Its a fucking awards show!!!!!

7EL7
09-15-2006, 12:52 AM
it was outside of the VMA awards

mos is the brova though

Kong
09-15-2006, 01:28 PM
thanks for the video APSU.

respect mos def.

snapple
09-15-2006, 03:31 PM
yea come on it was where MTV had open space....MTV couldnt have just said its cool? MTV had it rented out already for the VMAs....fuck MTV man and the good work to the brave men of the NYPD!

Punch
09-15-2006, 04:03 PM

The Naked Cowboy uses a sound system? :nonono:
Come on man Mos knew exactly what he was doing. He knew he needed a permit, and he knew that he would be arrested and there would be a media event. The fact that he was doing political material only makes the sotry better.

Bottom Line:Rappers can't complain about police injustice when they're breaking the law.

Prolifical ENG
09-15-2006, 04:12 PM
Yes i have already seen that thread in general chat, but it more interesing that people brought it to KTL hence I will keep it open.

If you ask anyone else and say Mos rocked a mic and drawn a huge crowd because of it...they'd say its the best thing you can get arrested for. If Long John Bladrey never did that same thing, he might not have even had a career or a single called "Dont try to lay no boogie woogie on the king of rock & roll"

Its funny that another new reason why he got arrested was because it was an anti war song.

I just find it interesting how the youth immidiately point to the "corrupted NYC cops first" and make it an issue of racism and against hip-hop in general when they dont know the real reason. Then use the "people are committing REAL crimes in the meantime" approach afterwards.

Frontal Lobotomy
09-15-2006, 06:30 PM
You know, I'm sure Rage Against The Machine did this stuff a couple times before.
Fair play to Mos Def though

oLd_KaiNry
09-15-2006, 08:01 PM
im sry but thats old news...

whitey
09-16-2006, 08:54 AM
You know, I'm sure Rage Against The Machine did this stuff a couple times before.
Fair play to Mos Def though

and they got arrested when they did it too.

Rash_o_Mon
09-16-2006, 08:42 PM
LOL this is hilarious...

P.E.A.C.E.