PDA

View Full Version : Your Expectations for the new Nas album?

Galvatron97
09-16-2006, 11:52 PM
I'm just curious to see what the fans expect from Nas's new album Hip Hop is Dead droppin in November.....

I personally have high expectations for this album....after Stillmatic and God's son, he kinda dropped the ball with Streets Disciple(too much filler) so I hope he comes back strong.....

I really dont like that street single circulatin right now(where the gangsta's at?) but i heard hes workin with Rakim, Jay-Z hopefully AZ cuz when AZ and Nas work together its fire! and will hopefully have some tracks with Primo.....cuz i dont like Salaam Remi.....his beats are whack....

TAURO
09-16-2006, 11:54 PM
I have really low expectations this way im not so dissapointed with the final product.

GSTYLE
09-17-2006, 12:46 PM
the only song i liked from Nas that leaked in recent memory was "death anniversary". that was some tight shit

cap
09-17-2006, 01:24 PM
i got high hopes for this album.
nas wont let us fans down with this one.

Jeru
09-17-2006, 01:25 PM
All I want is Premo

PLO-Stylez
09-17-2006, 02:56 PM
when nas says this could be his best my expectations are high. I expect something like Stillmatic. I def want him to do a collab with Rakim and maybe KRS, since he is doin a song about Krs. Also i would like to hear some Premo production. So yeah i have high expectations. I just hope that Def Jam gives him good promotion and vids. And doesnt get Nas to collab with BS artists

Dante
09-17-2006, 03:03 PM
I have high expectations. That one "Where Y'all At" track i thought sounded dope.

BRONZBODY
09-17-2006, 03:41 PM
All I want is Premou and me both ru!!!

Funk_Dock
09-17-2006, 07:12 PM
havent heard anything from the album yet, but as always for nas i have high expectations

FrenchShin
09-18-2006, 04:53 AM
i want salaam remi...

J.T.S.
09-18-2006, 12:35 PM
Nas hardly ever disappoints!

INF
09-18-2006, 12:45 PM
I got high expectations cuz hes in a really good mind state right now to drop something crazy ill. You gotta think that he has to affirm that he is still a king in the game. Especialy after the calloff of a certain something. And plus you got the other participant in that certain something doing a certain something else now that he ....you know. Theres alot that has to be said by both of them and how they are gonna interact with each other I will never know. I seen when he gave him the fuckin mason handshake. That shit had alot of tension in the air still. So did the official interview. Something is going on and we most likely bout to see some crazy shit in hip hop. Thats why I dont get pissed about it not being the old days again. Just watch whats going on right now. Pay close attention to this part of "the story (of hip hop)". It's exciting times right now!

God'sSon2517
09-18-2006, 01:53 PM
I was promised a full length Nas/Premo album awhile ago... now that that's not gonna happen I'm gonna get real pissed off if I don't get AT LEAST one Premo track on this album.

benzo
09-18-2006, 02:07 PM
Nas is very consistent..........at not being consistently good. I doubt Jay and him ever get in booth together. I'm sure there will be a collabo on there but not a true one, ya know? Hoping for great, expecting average. Jay = hoping for great, expecting slightly better than average. BTW I think Salaam Remi is usually on point.

InfamousRD
09-18-2006, 10:49 PM
might be cool but i dont know on defjam and his last album was kinda dull

Lil' Ruger
09-18-2006, 11:33 PM
i got high hopes i got faith in nas specially wit rakim

Bedlam
09-18-2006, 11:51 PM
I don't mind producers like Timbaland or Kanye or whoever, as long as they bang. I don't want soft shit

ShaDynasty
09-19-2006, 04:52 AM
well all nas albums except illmatic, it was written and the lost tapes have been average so im fully expecting it to be average, this is pretty much all to do with the fact that nas has shit production half the time

IRONMAN GFK
09-19-2006, 06:09 AM
some tracks have the chance to become legendary (nas ft rakim, nas ft jay-z), others should be great too (production by LES, premier, salaam remi, kanye (remember we major))

BUT WHY THE FUCK IS WILL.I.AM GONNA BE ON THE ALBUM?? looks like nas wants to prove hip hop IS really dead.. if that track's gonna be something like "i love my bitch", i ain't buying the album, even if the rest of the songs are good

FrenchShin
09-19-2006, 10:03 AM
frankly guys, Will.I.Am is hiphop. he was rolling with Eazy E when most of us were shitting in our pants.

i'm waiting to listen to the production he delivered before judging. he crossed over with BEP, but it doesn't mean he can't do raw original productions.

Chief 'Broom
09-19-2006, 01:33 PM
i can't wait to hear what the brother has to say once again