PDA

View Full Version : E-Double Done Fell The Fuck Off

noel411
09-17-2006, 04:01 AM
Much love and respect to EPMD, legendary hip hop duo, but man did Erick Sermon's beats get fuckin' boring after the EPMD days. There is no other respectable hip hop producer who makes so many boring beats that sound the same imo.

oDoUoSoKo
09-17-2006, 10:42 AM
i agree sooooooooooooooo much, which is why i found da blackout wack

although problem and walk on are hot on 421

noel411
09-17-2006, 05:43 PM
I find those 2 tracks on 421 to be exactly the same as all his other shit from the last few years. That's what made me do this thread. I was listening to that album, and as soon as one of those tracks kick in you know it's a Sermon beat because it sounds exactly the same again.

Doc's Da Name + Malpractice + Blackout + Music + Erick Onassis = The same beat on repeat, with a slight variation each time.

rubyspirit
09-17-2006, 11:26 PM
i agree sooooooooooooooo much, which is why i found da blackout wack

although problem and walk on are hot on 421

Erick didn't do Walk On...that was Versatile. Erick produced Problem, Dirty Mef, Got To Have It, and Say on Meth's new disc.

Bedlam
09-17-2006, 11:54 PM
i thought problem was hot, the rest were alright

Cheech Da WildKard
09-18-2006, 11:15 AM
Man his beats is sick, I don't know what you people want..

Chief 'Broom
09-18-2006, 12:26 PM
one thing's for sure - he fell off a two story window sill (purposely)

THE W
09-18-2006, 12:38 PM
never really liked eric sermon's sound. he's got a few dope tracks here and there.

venex
09-18-2006, 12:42 PM
I always thought his production was tight... his mc'ing on the other hand... IMO

dogg
09-18-2006, 02:04 PM
good news though epmd are back together

CharlesJones
09-18-2006, 04:53 PM
My friend said the same thing about Erick Sermon's beats sounding the same the last few years LOL. My friend said Keith Murray's Yeah Yeah You Know It song sounds just like Erick's React song LOL. I agree with that. Method Man & Redman's Blackout album was wack. Erick's last album Chilltown NY is hard though. I didn't like his Music and React albums. No Pressure and Double Or Nothing albums are classics.

rubyspirit
09-18-2006, 07:07 PM
Man his beats is sick, I don't know what you people want..
Word. They don't know what they want. Hip Hop is popular right now, and they just want to be "a part of it". |(

Method Man & Redman's Blackout album was wack.
Blackout! has a chemistry between MCs I had not seen before in a duo. I guess that's why it was ranked #1 and went platinum. :p

Punch
09-18-2006, 07:26 PM
Much love and respect to EPMD, legendary hip hop duo, but man did Erick Sermon's beats get fuckin' boring after the EPMD days. There is no other respectable hip hop producer who makes so many boring beats that sound the same imo.
amen.

I haven't liked his beats since he went solo. He definitely has some classics( though I'm sure they were mostly co-produced),Tonight's Da Night is one of my favorite beats, but his shit is so bland. It has no edge whatsoever and it sounds like he's been sampling the same 3 records for the last 15years.
Erick Sermon production on an album is aways a - rather than a +

Word. They don't know what they want. Hip Hop is popular right now, and they just want to be "a part of it". |(

Why do you always talk shit?

ShaDynasty
09-18-2006, 07:28 PM
My friend said Keith Murray's Yeah Yeah You Know It song sounds just like Erick's React song LOL. No Pressure and Double Or Nothing albums are classics.

the keith song and the react joint were both produced by just blaze not erick.
no pressure and double or nothing are classics, its fucked up cos up until 96, his productions were flawless classics, truely funky shit
hes definetly got predictable, but his beats are still enjoyable 'say' and 'goldmine' are both great tracks, but there exceptions to the rule cos most his recent beats DO sound the same
btw that meth and red shit 'walk on' was produced by both rza and erick

ShaDynasty
09-18-2006, 07:30 PM
good news though epmd are back together

serious?
source?

oDoUoSoKo
09-18-2006, 07:59 PM
werd i made a mistake...either way i like problem atleast