PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Dumile's First Appearance

Tetsuo
09-19-2006, 04:19 AM
Shit, I had no idea they had a video for Gasface, http://youtube.com/watch?v=HF4IQlsm7Ds. This is Dumile's first appearance as Zev Love X, 11 years before he became Doom. What's funny is he's mad frail in this video but by the time Operation: Doomsday was released, he'd gotten almost Raekwon fat. All in all this is a classic song/video and has everybody from Gilbert Gottfried to EPMD.

ShaDynasty
09-19-2006, 04:49 AM
http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25103

WARPATH
09-19-2006, 01:40 PM
Shit, I had no idea they had a video for Gasface, http://youtube.com/watch?v=HF4IQlsm7Ds. This is Dumile's first appearance as Zev Love X, 11 years before he became Doom. What's funny is he's mad frail in this video but by the time Operation: Doomsday was released, he'd gotten almost Raekwon fat. All in all this is a classic song/video and has everybody from Gilbert Gottfried to EPMD.

kids........

Tetsuo
09-19-2006, 02:52 PM
http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25103

Beat me to it.

kids........

What're you trying to say? You should be glad a younger generation is appreciating older music. You don't have some monopoly on it because of your own nostalgia.

oDoUoSoKo
09-19-2006, 07:24 PM
lol i didnt kno it was pronounced DOOM-ILL-AY

so we're even

maestro wooz
09-19-2006, 07:39 PM
yeah doom looks so different, silly song

oDoUoSoKo
09-19-2006, 07:42 PM
dont actually like this song at all...not very lyrically inclined....whata niggy know (and the rmx) and humrush are my fav kmd joints (and i kno this song is a bass song but im jus sayin)

INF
09-19-2006, 11:56 PM
Honestly..his KMD days were not well organized as far as delivery went. He grew so much. Imagine what Woulda been with Subroc. KMD for its time , yes , was very on point but if you look at what happed to Daniel then you will see that he was in a baby stage then and he is a master now. Saying that his KMD days was his best is to discredit the man.

ShaDynasty
09-20-2006, 04:39 AM
Honestly..his KMD days were not well organized as far as delivery went. He grew so much. Imagine what Woulda been with Subroc. KMD for its time , yes , was very on point but if you look at what happed to Daniel then you will see that he was in a baby stage then and he is a master now. Saying that his KMD days was his best is to discredit the man.

or its personal preference!
mr hood and black bastards were better musically, concepts, zev luv x seemed like a fairly normal guy
the kmd shit was classic
his solo shit has been too weird

INF
09-20-2006, 11:04 AM
or its personal preference!
mr hood and black bastards were better musically, concepts, zev luv x seemed like a fairly normal guy
the kmd shit was classic
his solo shit has been too weird

His brother died and he wandered the streets and got thrown in the bing. Shit is gonna get weird when ur life goes that direction. Ur right, the comment and everybody elses is just on an "imo" basis but I'm sure that you can see where I'm coming from. Musically you gonna tell me that Them two albums beats are in any comp with the Madlib beats or the Doomsday shit? Its just two different time periods. I perfer Doom. Zev luv had some really good ideas but in the end it means more from a guy thats walked through hell and came back.

ShaDynasty
09-20-2006, 05:55 PM
His brother died and he wandered the streets and got thrown in the bing. Shit is gonna get weird when ur life goes that direction. Ur right, the comment and everybody elses is just on an "imo" basis but I'm sure that you can see where I'm coming from. Musically you gonna tell me that Them two albums beats are in any comp with the Madlib beats or the Doomsday shit? Its just two different time periods. I perfer Doom. Zev luv had some really good ideas but in the end it means more from a guy thats walked through hell and came back.

i respect that, some pricks would shout me down like im wrong for thinkin zev luv x is better than doom. he definetly progressed as a lyricist later on, and operation doomsday is dope, but to me black bastards is one of my all time greatest hip hop albums
i bang peachfuzz and sweet premium wine all day, everything doom touches is quality in my opinion. it might not all be classic, but its all listenable to me.
i thought both albums were classic

btw can someone up the video version of peachfuzz?
its different to the song on my copy of black bastards

J-DON
09-20-2006, 10:31 PM
You guys would flip if you saw phife now... dude's beerbelly outclasses dooms

WARPATH
10-02-2006, 04:07 PM
Beat me to it.

What're you trying to say? You should be glad a younger generation is appreciating older music. You don't have some monopoly on it because of your own nostalgia.

didn't mean nothing by it, just takes these young kids to find that shit. I would've never looked back at that video and relized that was doom, but then again I already knew from when I first read doom's bio on his website. But your right about the younger generation appreciating older music.

But when your young don't realize is as you get older, some people just get fat.....that's why I siad kids.

sonny getz
10-02-2006, 06:32 PM
Yeah, KMD is pretty sick, but I don't think he really came into his own until his return to the scene. My favorite DOOM album is actually Vaudeville Villain.