PDA

View Full Version : Russell Simmons Will Make Black America Financially Responsible!

MR HIP HOP HEAD
09-20-2006, 03:01 AM
http://www.lunchwithaleader.com/imgs/lunch/lunch8_lg1.jpg

Come hell or high water, Russell Simmons is on a mission to get young African Americans across the U.S. to manage their money wisely.

Speaking to about 1,500 people at Morris Brown College Saturday during his Hip Hop Summit Action Network tour, the rap mogul stressed the importance of placing credit stability and financial planning above spending money on material items.

"They don't need to just pay attention to the bling," he said. "Rappers spending countless money are on television. But in real life, these artists are very responsible with their money."

Jermaine Dupri, Ludacris, Paul Wall and various financial advisers were also on hand to speak about financial empowerment.

A 182-page booklet, half in English and half in Spanish, was given out in a gift bag to everyone who attended the summit. The book included the importance of home ownership, credit repair, entrepreneurship and vehicle financing.

http://www.streethop.com/forum/article168665.html

rubyspirit
09-20-2006, 07:20 PM
Cool. Too bad he has to clean up the bling blung crap started by Master P and the rest of the shit out of Nawlins. Yep, no one was flashing before P.

Most of the rappers who flash wear rhinestones, not diamonds. The mindset is already out there to blow cash.

IrOnMaN
09-20-2006, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the information.

Cesar
09-20-2006, 07:34 PM
Cool. Too bad he has to clean up the bling blung crap started by Master P and the rest of the shit out of Nawlins. Yep, no one was flashing before P.

Actually Biggie, Nas, Ghost, Rae, Diddy started bling bling before Master P did, as a matter of fact it was Cash Money who started with that Bling Bling. i think they are the reason why hip hop is where it is at now. Cash Money Records really fucked shit up, but i wont lie i do like some of their work.

Miliato
09-20-2006, 08:04 PM
True ^ they were all reppin that shit in like 94' 95'..........on that Cash Money shit being responsible for hip hop today........i actually stopped listenin to rap for like 2 years in 2000.......couldnt deal with that shit