PDA

View Full Version : My wireless network dilemma

EAGLE EYE
09-20-2006, 09:13 PM
Right now Im in a constant struggle to keep my internet connection from being disconnected on a hourly basis due to the fact that the cable modem and router is not in my room, but in my roomates room. Both roomates run a cable from the router to their computers and Im the only one using wireless for my laptop.

I was the one to buy the router so that everyone can be online at once. The problem is that my two roomates play one of those gay fuckin fantasy world of warcrap games and hog all the bandwidth making my shitty wireless connection even weaker. I constantly have to tell my roomate to pick the router off the floor and aim the antenna towards my room about 3 times a week. Im starting to think that he intentionally puts it on the floor so I lose my connection. If Im downloading music or doing something online it makes their gay game lag and they come and bitch to me. Now why the fuck should their retarded game have a higher priority over what Im doing?

how the hell should handle this and try to be nice about it?

maestro wooz
09-20-2006, 09:16 PM
dont buy cheap hardware

EAGLE EYE
09-20-2006, 09:50 PM
i know ^

The guy at circuit city tried to convince me to buy Link Sys but I was feeling cheap that day.

Brent Schulze
09-21-2006, 12:30 PM
if you knew what QoS was, you could make it impossible for them to even play their stupid game

BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI
09-21-2006, 12:50 PM
Right now Im in a constant struggle to keep my internet connection from being disconnected on a hourly basis due to the fact that the cable modem and router is not in my room, but in my roomates room. Both roomates run a cable from the router to their computers and Im the only one using wireless for my laptop.

I was the one to buy the router so that everyone can be online at once. The problem is that my two roomates play one of those gay fuckin fantasy world of warcrap games and hog all the bandwidth making my shitty wireless connection even weaker. I constantly have to tell my roomate to pick the router off the floor and aim the antenna towards my room about 3 times a week. Im starting to think that he intentionally puts it on the floor so I lose my connection. If Im downloading music or doing something online it makes their gay game lag and they come and bitch to me. Now why the fuck should their retarded game have a higher priority over what Im doing?

how the hell should handle this and try to be nice about it?
Take the router and put it in your room tell them to get longer ethernet cables and fuck off you bought it!