PDA

View Full Version : so who copped lupe fiasco's food and liquor?

cap
09-21-2006, 10:01 AM
well?
im definitely copping it when i get some cash!

Hayabusa
09-25-2006, 12:36 PM
album is nice kick push II is crack. Nice prodution notes on this joint.

tekunique
09-25-2006, 12:37 PM
sorry but i just cant stand his voice.. its mad annoying.. voices matter alot to me for me to get into an artist....

snapple
09-25-2006, 01:17 PM
not I, kick push is wack, and he has the gayest album cover i've seen in a while...don't know what all the hype is about

Dirty Knowledge
09-25-2006, 01:48 PM
Naw son, didn't cop.

Locust
09-25-2006, 01:49 PM
yea i copped it but havent listened to it yet

GhostfaceThaPharoahe
09-25-2006, 04:18 PM
bootleggin it

Panama
09-25-2006, 04:28 PM
Someone burned it for me. Gave it a couple listens. Maybe a few songs on there I like. The Pharell one is crazy. Good chicago feel to it.
That one with Jill Scott is hot.

And some others are cool. Its about a 2.8/5. I dont want to give too little credit. Im bias cause im from chicago. So I want it to be real good. But its AIGHT.

Im feeling the Rhymefest Album more. I thought I would feel Lupe more, but that Rhymefest has a good feeling to it. I got them both burnt on the same day.

TSA
09-25-2006, 04:57 PM
cosign to everything snapple said

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
09-25-2006, 05:08 PM
yea i borrowed it from my friend when he brought it, listened to it and was glad i didn't waste my money...the album is horribly overrated, just average to me

PANDA PISS
09-25-2006, 05:10 PM
lupe fiasco is boring as hell. i want a new M.O.P record

snapple
09-25-2006, 05:10 PM
^^if i made a track about yo-yos or pogosticks or stickball or someshit i bet i would blow just cause it's different then everything else. kanye got an UNBELIVEABLE ammount of press for having a track called "jesus walks" music is in such a bad state that when ANYTHING thats not the norm comes out it gets huge hype... "SKATEBOARD RAPPER WOW!"

PANDA PISS
09-25-2006, 05:12 PM
^^if i made a track about yo-yos or pogosticks or stickball or someshit i bet i would blow just cause it's different then everything else. kanye got an UNBELIVEABLE ammount of press for having a track called "jesus walks" music is in such a bad state that when ANYTHING thats not the norm comes out it gets huge hype... "SKATEBOARD RAPPER WOW!"

very good point, gangsterism and materialism has become the norm for hip hop
back 15-20 years back muhfuckas rapped about whatever they wanted and gangsta rappers were much better than the rappers that do it now

Polocash7
09-25-2006, 11:15 PM
Copped today. I'm listening to it right now. Dope production so far. Up to track 11(Hurt Me Cool)

Lil' Ruger
09-25-2006, 11:18 PM

pharrel skateboards but to me he has a hot flow cuz he can do the singin thing voice and have that low rappin one.

xHard to Earnx
09-26-2006, 04:51 PM
I'm only into like eight songs on it. If it's cheap I'll grab it. Maybe.

Mega Matt
09-26-2006, 10:08 PM
i copped that shit, and i gotta say it's some of the best shit that's been put out in a while. i think a lot of yall just hatin. he speaks on some real shit and he got some good metaphors, like the track with jigga "pressure" he's got skills, and i like how some of the tracks got rock influence, like the first track "real". kid is good. and who cares if he put out a song about skateboarding, i think most people hate on that one cause they don't skate, and i used to skate for a while so naturally i thought it was a dope concept, but i think kick push II is better. and who the fuck gives a shit about an album cover. i don't think it's the tightest but that's his thang. i thikn a lot of people on here hating cause he's not underground, i almost forgot that most people on this forum are like that. at least he's not another fucking gangster rapper, be grateful for that.

TrueDciple
09-27-2006, 09:23 AM
i copped that shit, and i gotta say it's some of the best shit that's been put out in a while. i think a lot of yall just hatin. he speaks on some real shit and he got some good metaphors, like the track with jigga "pressure" he's got skills, and i like how some of the tracks got rock influence, like the first track "real". kid is good. and who cares if he put out a song about skateboarding, i think most people hate on that one cause they don't skate, and i used to skate for a while so naturally i thought it was a dope concept, but i think kick push II is better. and who the fuck gives a shit about an album cover. i don't think it's the tightest but that's his thang. i thikn a lot of people on here hating cause he's not underground, i almost forgot that most people on this forum are like that. at least he's not another fucking gangster rapper, be grateful for that.

Co-fucking sign! Well said dude.

b-dolo
09-27-2006, 11:43 AM
I picked it up the day it dropped. i am not sure while everyone is hating on it. Most of the album is nice, I would have left off the bonus tracks and the outro. American terrorist and the cool, alone, are reason enough to cop the cd.

Bone Collecta
09-27-2006, 06:22 PM
wow some of u are hatin ass muhh fuckas

Bone Collecta
09-27-2006, 06:24 PM
not I, kick push is wack, and he has the gayest album cover i've seen in a while...don't know what all the hype is about

smh fag:loser: i bet u think dipset's covers are cool huh?

Lupe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Every dipset member PERIOD!

09-27-2006, 06:36 PM
the album sold less than meth first week...what happened?

TrueDciple
09-28-2006, 08:51 AM
wow some of u are hatin ass muhh fuckas

This kids dont know jack about music man.

Hayabusa
09-28-2006, 09:18 AM
smh fag:loser: i bet u think dipset's covers are cool huh?

Lupe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Every dipset member PERIOD!

idk if he better than JR, 40 and Un Kasa...

Bone Collecta
09-28-2006, 09:47 AM
idk if he better than JR, 40 and Un Kasa...

hes better than every single one of them.

and this is only the first week and hes a brand new artist. chamillionaire had worse sales than that on his first week now hes plat status.

snapple
09-28-2006, 10:29 AM
BC has dipsetphobia, claims to hate em so much, yet oftenly when i see him post he brings up dipset....hmmmm....

Panama
09-28-2006, 10:46 AM
Wait till that Pharell song and that Jill Scott song start going into heavy rotation. That boy is going to sell. Those songs are so radio friendly. He'll have two songs on the top ten 106 And park. Just watch. The album is str8. Good sound and different. Say good by to the mainsteam gangstas and say what up to real lyrics and more street mcs. I cant explain what I really want to say. But the Middle Ground is going to take over.

Bone Collecta
09-28-2006, 03:50 PM
BC has dipsetphobia, claims to hate em so much, yet oftenly when i see him post he brings up dipset....hmmmm....

cause yoru faggot ass has the nerve to talk about u dont want the album cause of how it looks when ya faggot ass dipset friends wearin pink n shit.

Lupe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the whole dipset

Jon Quest
09-30-2006, 12:19 PM
i got it and i think its a great album...better than all that gay shit on the radio these days

rubyspirit
09-30-2006, 12:49 PM
Not me. Saving my $$ for the new GZA and The Protector disc in a couple of weeks.

CharlesJones
09-30-2006, 01:08 PM
LOL@Bone Collecta dissing Snapple hahahahahahahahahahahaha. I wonder about Snapple. He has a picture of Smif N Wessun in his sig but he likes The Diplomats hahahahahahahahahahaha. Lupe Fiasco's album cover is gay but he's a good lyricist. I haven't seen a lyricist like him come along in awhile and get a video played on MTV because MTV shows trash rap videos. Lupe has a best lyrics of the month section in this month's Source magazine with Ludacris on the cover. I was reading his lyrics today. I forgot what song it's from. He also has a article in The Source talking about he hates record companies and he only wants to do 3 albums and quit rapping. I agree with everything he said about record companies. He said record companies don't care about artists. They only care about the artists making money for them and he said record companies only wanna sell dumb shit music to people because that's what sells.

javablaze
09-30-2006, 04:04 PM
So people won't buy the album because they think the cover is "gay"? That's the most ignorant thing I've read on this board in a long time. So I guess if an artist wants to avoid having a gay cover, they better have at least two of the above: blood, grime, swords, random asian/middle eastern reference, guns, 3D lettering, ghetto photoshop effects, and a tough smirk.

And rapping about skateboarding is gay, too? So he should have instead rapped about stuff that doesn't relate to his life in any way, right? Would you guys have more respect if he inserted some pseudo-intelligent science and randomly pulled big words out of the dictionary? Or maybe he should have gone the Cilvaringz/Bronze direction and did some cheesy Dungeon & Dragons, Halloween lyrics about chopping heads off?

Food & Liquor is one of the best hip hop records released this year, and FAR better than anything put out by the Wu-Tang camp with the exception of Fishcale.

Lupe has incredible flow and wordplay, unmistakable personality, intelligent lyrics. The cinematic beats are different and work well together to form a cohesive record. Overall, it brings together the best aspects of golden-age hip hop and spins it in a new way. Isn't that everything we've always wanted from a Wu album, not to mention any hip hop record released nowadays?

Rame
09-30-2006, 05:09 PM
Listened to it at work, boring album in my opinion

INF
10-02-2006, 01:10 PM
Lupe has so much soul hes outta control.

12weLvE
10-02-2006, 01:12 PM
Great album...

oDoUoSoKo
10-02-2006, 04:05 PM
Not me. Saving my $$ for the new GZA and The Protector disc in a couple of weeks.
im glad ur so naive about it being released in october, itll make it funnier for me when u come here on that day and start e-weeping...lol

J-DON
10-02-2006, 05:52 PM
I think hes dope on the mic but the beats, while nice, were too over the top and tried to have this epic feel which I dont think fit his style. He shoulda had more stripped down, chillin joints on there like I Gotcha.

oDoUoSoKo
10-02-2006, 06:26 PM
^^valid point, he needs some tcq digable planet type beats

10-02-2006, 06:47 PM
I think hes dope on the mic but the beats, while nice, were too over the top and tried to have this epic feel which I dont think fit his style. He shoulda had more stripped down, chillin joints on there like I Gotcha.

shit man this is EXACTLY what i was thinkin word for word

Bone Collecta
10-02-2006, 07:18 PM
yall some hypocrits

bitchin and whining that noone lyrical is in the mainstream and then when someone does make it mainstream yall always say hes not good enough.

fools

INF
10-02-2006, 07:28 PM
Lupe is time changing. he loves the art and thats what its about.

THE W
10-02-2006, 07:57 PM
i'll probably bum it off my duke who's gonna buy it.

TAURO
10-02-2006, 08:01 PM
I thought it was a dope album although I need to listen to it properly but on a general listen I think it's great, the type of hip hop that should be in the mainstream and im glad this is.

10-02-2006, 08:03 PM
yall some hypocrits

bitchin and whining that noone lyrical is in the mainstream and then when someone does make it mainstream yall always say hes not good enough.

fools

just because someone's lyrical u should automatically like them? that's bad logic. And no one was saying he couldn't spit so what are you trying to say?

The album was decent but not mindblowing. If he had more joints like I Gotcha then he'd be set. He just needs to re-evaluate his formula for his next joint. But he has the content & lyrical ability. It's really alot of his production

Bone Collecta
10-02-2006, 09:05 PM
just because someone's lyrical u should automatically like them? that's bad logic. And no one was saying he couldn't spit so what are you trying to say?

The album was decent but not mindblowing. If he had more joints like I Gotcha then he'd be set. He just needs to re-evaluate his formula for his next joint. But he has the content & lyrical ability. It's really alot of his production

my fav tracks are sunshine and daydreaming

dude is lyrical i dont think u guys understood some of the tracks. u crazy fuckers

snapple
10-02-2006, 11:29 PM
LOL@Bone Collecta dissing Snapple hahahahahahahahahahahaha. I wonder about Snapple. He has a picture of Smif N Wessun in his sig but he likes The Diplomats hahahahahahahahahahaha. Lupe Fiasco's album cover is gay but he's a good lyricist. I haven't seen a lyricist like him come along in awhile and get a video played on MTV because MTV shows trash rap videos. Lupe has a best lyrics of the month section in this month's Source magazine with Ludacris on the cover. I was reading his lyrics today. I forgot what song it's from. He also has a article in The Source talking about he hates record companies and he only wants to do 3 albums and quit rapping. I agree with everything he said about record companies. He said record companies don't care about artists. They only care about the artists making money for them and he said record companies only wanna sell dumb shit music to people because that's what sells.

man suck my dick i like dipset what are you fucking BoneCollector you gonna hop on now too? what are you wondering about ock?
:thumbdwn:

backpacking faggot.

Bone Collecta
10-03-2006, 02:05 AM
im def not a backpacker but u have horrible taste in music snapple is a bitch

snapple
10-03-2006, 08:59 AM
^^i guarantee my catalauge would shit on yours any day of the week prolly can't even get half my shit in chi-town

Bone Collecta
10-03-2006, 02:59 PM
lol bulllllllshit

u like dipset therefor ur taste of music is SHIT

renagade410
10-04-2006, 05:30 AM
i been playing this cd for the past few days im very impressed by lupe i'd give it a 4.5/5

favorite songs
-american terrorist
-the cool
-hurt me oul
-kick push 1&2
-he say she say

Cheech Da WildKard
10-04-2006, 05:44 AM
"Lupee? ...Kick, Push? ...He need to keep on kickin' and pushin' ...get a half pipe in his backyard and learn some new ollie tricks or somethin' ..."

Longbongcilvaringz
10-04-2006, 09:57 AM
what ive heard off it is good.

better then any dipset ive heard thats for sure.

i like the track where he talks about coke rappers.