PDA

View Full Version : have a listen...

EYEKON1
09-21-2006, 11:48 AM
it was a beat i made awhile back, click on my sig link EYEKON1.com it plays in the background.

Hellspawn
09-22-2006, 10:07 AM
that beat on the of your site (wich is very nice by the way) is really dope, i especially like the drums and the piano (of course). sounds very pro.
good job, real artist right here.

peace

EYEKON1
09-22-2006, 10:43 AM
that beat on the of your site (wich is very nice by the way) is really dope, i especially like the drums and the piano (of course). sounds very pro.
good job, real artist right here.

peace

thanks, i just used apple garage band, took some samples cut it up, re-ordered some of the strings, slowed the beat down, (it was actually a fast break-beat) and added a few filters...

i'm no where near a pro....i just had fun making it

Hellspawn
09-22-2006, 10:46 AM
the quality of the sound is dope what programm did u used to make that beat?

EYEKON1
09-22-2006, 10:51 AM
i just used APPLE GARAGE BAND. ..mac computer

EYEKON1
09-22-2006, 10:52 AM
here's a link to it..

http://www.apple.com/ilife/garageband/

Hz Deep
09-22-2006, 11:46 AM
Sounds good man, really grimey beat! are the piano and g-funk esque synth from the apple loops library?

PS - slick site & your graphics work is amazing!

Hellspawn
09-22-2006, 12:21 PM
thanx for the link.

EYEKON1
09-22-2006, 12:22 PM
Sounds good man, really grimey beat! are the piano and g-funk esque synth from the apple loops library?

PS - slick site & your graphics work is amazing!

yea, the piano and synth are from the apple loops library that came with the program...but they've been tweaked and cut up...

i couldnt just take a drum sample, bass sample, guitar sample, piano sample....and just drop it in there ...i actually wanted to fuck around with the sounds and try to come up with something different....so some of it was cut up n' looped and filters added to give it a diff. sound

damaja
09-22-2006, 04:19 PM
I can't here anything! Fuck, I think I am deaf.

Oh no, wait, my speakers were off. Well done, Ian.

Battle 1
09-22-2006, 04:35 PM
Word that beat right there is ill. It will put niggaz in that zone. Throw on emotional lyrics of some shit from the heart on it and you'd have an ill track right there no doubt. Then I'd let that beat ride out at end of whatever is spit to make niggaz think about what was said or just zone out more. I definetly picture niggaz riding, flexing, or especially cruising to this beat like in your ride or something. It's ill no doubt.

:)

EYEKON1
09-22-2006, 04:47 PM
".................Word that beat right there is ill. It will put niggaz in that zone. Throw on emotional lyrics of some shit from the heart on it and you'd have an ill track right there no doubt............."

Thanks, never really thought of it that way, i'm not an MC/Lyricist..but i wanted to experiment...so i went into the Temple of Darts forum and had the music playing int he background and just kept reading....hahaha...the beat is slow enough that you can make almost anything go with it..

Hz Deep
09-22-2006, 05:41 PM
...i couldnt just take a drum sample, bass sample, guitar sample, piano sample....and just drop it in there...
of course, thats why I asked if it was apple loops. I work in a similar way in Logic and I didn't really recognise those loops.