PDA

View Full Version : Smokers May Have Higher Risk Of HIV

MR HIP HOP HEAD
09-21-2006, 03:54 PM
Smoking, already linked to several illnesses, may also increase the risk of infection with
HIV, the virus that causes
AIDS, researchers said on Thursday.

In a review of studies that looked at the association between smoking and HIV, British doctors said five of the six studies they analysed showed smokers had a higher chance of becoming infected.

Nine of 10 other studies in the review that tracked the progression from HIV to AIDS found no link with smoking.

"The studies identified in this systematic review indicate that while smoking might be independently associated with acquiring HIV infection, it does not appear to be related to progression to AIDS," said Dr Andrew Furber, of the South East Sheffield Primary Care Trust.

Furber and his colleagues, who reported the findings in the journal Sexually Transmitted Infections, said tobacco smoke may increase susceptibility to HIV infection by modifying a variety of immune system responses.

Research has shown that smoking is a leading cause of preventable death. It increases the risk of heart attack and stroke, respiratory problems, lung and other types of cancer.

The researchers suggest in the study that public health measures that encourage smokers to quit could also improve the effectiveness of HIV/AIDS prevention programmes.

About 40 million people worldwide are living with HIV/AIDS. Nearly 5 million were newly infected in 2005 and more than 3 million adults and children died of AIDS in the same year.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060921/hl_nm/aids_smoking_dc

Grongle
09-21-2006, 03:57 PM
ha ha oh shit im quitin anyway after i smoke 2 400 i got left

Grongle
09-21-2006, 04:28 PM
DUH! does anyone listen when i talk about this shit????

do u talk about it 2 ?

Grongle
09-21-2006, 04:36 PM
ohh ok i have been in Know The Ledge 2ce i think since i have been on wu-corp

Dokuro
09-21-2006, 04:45 PM
man fuck Prs. Raggen

Gawd
09-21-2006, 04:46 PM
bigdanish is mildly retarded folks...its not his fault

L~>1<~NKS
09-21-2006, 04:50 PM
Smoking, already linked to several illnesses, may also increase the risk of infection with

In a review of studies that looked at the association between smoking and HIV, British doctors said five of the six studies they analysed showed smokers had a higher chance of becoming infected.

Nine of 10 other studies in the review that tracked the progression from HIV to AIDS found no link with smoking.

"The studies identified in this systematic review indicate that while smoking might be independently associated with acquiring HIV infection, it does not appear to be related to progression to AIDS," said Dr Andrew Furber, of the South East Sheffield Primary Care Trust.

Furber and his colleagues, who reported the findings in the journal Sexually Transmitted Infections, said tobacco smoke may increase susceptibility to HIV infection by modifying a variety of immune system responses.

Research has shown that smoking is a leading cause of preventable death. It increases the risk of heart attack and stroke, respiratory problems, lung and other types of cancer.

The researchers suggest in the study that public health measures that encourage smokers to quit could also improve the effectiveness of HIV/AIDS prevention programmes.

About 40 million people worldwide are living with HIV/AIDS. Nearly 5 million were newly infected in 2005 and more than 3 million adults and children died of AIDS in the same year.

Ain't no joke sun - I appreciate the knowledge your droppin in here.
I've got fam that smoke 'Ports like it was candy, got bloodkin that have Aids.... Shit iz real - good look.

Gawd
09-21-2006, 04:54 PM
Links...white bold text is me...not you...

L~>1<~NKS
09-21-2006, 05:00 PM
[quote=edbigghead;594280]Links...white bold text is me...not you...[/quote

I don't really care sun - if u value it so much u can have it...

...and it's L1NKS big dawg.

Sexy Jasper
09-21-2006, 05:31 PM
http://www.kodiak.org/images/bear-d2.jpg

These guys... they shit in the woods!

Gawd
09-21-2006, 06:14 PM
[quote=edbigghead;594280]Links...white bold text is me...not you...[/quote

I don't really care sun - if u value it so much u can have it...

...and it's L1NKS big dawg.

I have accepted the terms of your surrender.

Sicka than aidZ
09-21-2006, 08:03 PM
http://www.kodiak.org/images/bear-d2.jpg

These guys... they shit in the woods!
LOL

Gawd
09-21-2006, 08:04 PM
Shitting in the woods is euphoric

L~>1<~NKS
09-21-2006, 08:10 PM
[quote=L1NKS;594286]

I have accepted the terms of your surrender.

Lol Ed,,guard those colors big guy!!

Gawd
09-21-2006, 08:12 PM
[quote=edbigghead;594342]

Lol Ed,,guard those colors big guy!!
tis copy written and trademarked.....

SHRAP
09-21-2006, 08:14 PM
hahahahahahah i told these mothafuckas not to smoke that garbage, cant wait til they get HIV so i can say i told they ass

Gawd
09-21-2006, 08:15 PM
dumbest shit ever posted by a wigger. ever

CherChezLaMarauder
09-21-2006, 08:15 PM
sexual lifestyle increases chances of getting HIV, not smoking. What's next, too much beef increases your chances of ghonareah?

SHRAP
09-21-2006, 08:24 PM
dumbest shit ever posted by a wigger. ever

every post u make is the dumbest shit ever posted u fat ugly pile of fat, get off your ass and go exercise instead of postin garbage maybe youll actually get to see your dick in a few years if u start moving now

Gawd
09-21-2006, 08:31 PM
every post u make is the dumbest shit ever posted u fat ugly pile of fat, get off your ass and go exercise instead of postin garbage maybe youll actually get to see your dick in a few years if u start moving now
you saw 'wigger' and assumed i was talking about you....lawls...wigger.

SHRAP
09-21-2006, 08:32 PM
you saw 'wigger' and assumed i was talking about you....lawls...wigger.

doesnt matter who the fuck u were talkin about or what u say, i was talking to u u fat piece of shit, go exercise before u pull a big pun

Gawd
09-21-2006, 08:34 PM
doesnt matter who the fuck u were talkin about or what u say, i was talking to u u fat piece of shit, go exercise before u pull a big pun

you got mad...ahahaha

Sexy Jasper
09-22-2006, 05:47 AM
Ed is old meme

shaolinsword
09-22-2006, 06:55 AM

how the fuck does that work?

snapple
09-22-2006, 09:03 AM
yea haha this article i dont know about

SMOKE BLUNTS
09-22-2006, 09:21 AM
ya snapple know about the part smoking poles!

snapple
09-22-2006, 09:22 AM
^^english motherfucker, do you speak it?