PDA

View Full Version : Recovering Deleted Torrent Files

noel411
09-22-2006, 08:49 AM
After about a month my X-Files Season 1 download finished this morning, and I quickly removed it from my Bitcomet program before I went to work. Now I've just gone to have a look at it and noticed the God forsaken fucken thing is gone, so I must have accidentally deleted all the files with it when I removed it from Bitcomet. Does anybody know if there is a way to recover the files? If not I guess I'll just kill myself.

GuardianOne
09-22-2006, 09:22 AM
Well i don't think killing your self will salvage the deleted files.

But just google some file recovery freeware. As you know how data is stored in each directory. When deleted the area which you file was is not literally removed...

But those sectors are flagged as free to install any other bits of data. So i would suggest you don't save anything until you recover the data.

If some bits of the file are corrupt, it might relate to you having saved some thing....

That is MS Office ( or other applications) don't save at the time you click save, but cache your data and save at its own convenient time (prioritizing performance) optimization....

That's why you have such large Front Side Bus on your processors these days, the wider the more you have going through with little difficulty.

If the file is corrupt, you might want to rebuild it, but by bit. So you will need to look at your hard drive as it is. not logical stuff. AND don't PURGE anything on your drive - yet that is!

I usually work on such drives (you might want to start thinking of SCSI)and the SCSI controllers (RAID Levels also) so you can always remove you Hard drive in real time (whilst you work on you PC)....

Keep us informed on your predicament.

GuardianOne
09-22-2006, 09:25 AM
I could have linked you too some aplications but iam not in my office, i working on another site (installing a network, and networking 40 PCs onto the network) and my laptop other laptop is at home, could have pasted some utilities for you (glitch free)...

Take care

noel411
09-23-2006, 10:15 PM
Thanks Guardian. I didn't know you knew so much about computers.

After I saw that I'd lost the file, I went and dl'ed the exct same one again. I guess like you said the data from my original download was still there, because it dl'ed the whole thing instantly the second time. However, it would seem that I actually never did accidentally delete the downloaded file, because this time when it was completed I did the same thing again. Selected "Remove task only, keeping all downloaded files", and again after I did this I lost my completed file.

I download torrents non-stop, so it's not like I don't know what I'm doing. This torrent just seems to be somewhat fucked. I went to download it again after I lost it the second time, and now it's slowly downloading the whole thing again. I guess it'll probably do the same thing again when it's finished. We'll see.

And don't mind the suicidal comment. I use that sort of humour with my mates.

Thanks again for your advice.