PDA

View Full Version : Did you want more coke rap from Rae or Wu production?

binary
09-23-2006, 09:20 PM
Rae keep saying that CL2 is what the fans wanted, and that he didn't want to limit himself to coke rap but it's what the fans wanted. I disagree, I think the fans wanted him to be himself, but to just rap over better, Wu sounding production. We all knew the formula of Wu MC + RZA = top notch, so that's what I really wanted, not really another whole album of coke rap, which is all over the place right now and is a totally saturated type of hip hop.

As a fan, I must say I'm pretty tired of all the coke rap (it's generic as fuck right now), and would rather hear Rae be himself over RZA production.

bamboo
09-24-2006, 05:11 AM
I agree with you! It feels kinda unnecessary that he gon' make a whole album dedicated to coke...
I believe Raekwon has been lyricly on point for most of the times, Rae just need better beats - and I'm not just talkin RZA beats, there's alot of cats that can bring fire for him. Immobilarity was a lyrical masterpiece IMO, it was just the production that wasn't on point all the time, even tho' a few beats were real jewelz - and I think that wrecked the replay value of that album, when skipping tracks because you don't wanna hear irritating beats. Lex Diamond story had some better production on it but too many different flavors beatwise. And Ice Cream pt. 2 just pissed me off! :thumbdwn:

All I'm sayin is: He needs to sharpen he's ears for better beats and he's home safe! He doesn't need to repeat himself...

Paul Kersey
09-25-2006, 11:12 AM
Rae has a coke problem and a weight problem? That's odd. lol!

B.O.N.E.
09-26-2006, 07:26 PM
After hearing Rick Ross, I no longer want to hear any coke rap, what so ever.

Sicka than aidZ
09-26-2006, 07:52 PM
i heard ross was ballin before rap.

B.O.N.E.
09-26-2006, 08:55 PM
Ross sucks, thats the bottom line.

I do like the instrumental version of hustlin though, its pretty cool.