PDA

View Full Version : Sun Tzu Presents: Tha Originoo Soul Jah Project

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
09-24-2006, 09:36 PM
Peace ya'll i've been workin on this instrumental album for a long minute and i've finally finished it. I decided to take both my love of Reggae music and 70's soul music to create this Hip Hop instrumental album influenced by both genres...Peep it, download it and tell me what you think... WWI we still here.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a247/suntzulive/sun_cover_final.jpg

http://www.soundclick.com/thewarchamber

also check out our main page at www.soundclick.com/worldwideincidentproductions ...more projects coming soon

PEACE

5_ELEMENT_NINJA
09-25-2006, 12:03 AM
Dope!!!!Good to see all the WWI members doin these albums!!I only got thru the first few cutz(IMMA PEEEP more later and give u full review).But so far what i heard u got some real nice solid BEATZ!Keep it up and ill check u soon!

LORD ZERO
09-25-2006, 12:36 AM
Im A Man Of Few Words And U Know This Tzu Lol So Heres My Review:

-intro - Crazy! Nuff Said
-mental Warfare - Sample In This Is Past Crazy, Im Mad U Got To This Sample B4 I Could Lol All Good Tho, Tha Nas Voice Sample Fits This Perfectly, Ill Work On This One
-steel Rebirth - Very Nicely Chopped, Voice Sample: Crazy As Always But A Bit Repetive, Perfect For The Mc That Knows The Street On A More Political Level
-bladerunner - I Could Imagine Like A 98' Ghost And Rae Murdering This Right Here On Some Str8 Wu-street Slang, Chopped Up Very Nice Once Again
-we Still Together - Perfect For The Older Cats Out There That Know What True Old School Is And Wanna Hear Da Hip Hop Twist, Cant Go Wrong W/ Al Green!
-what I'll Do Is...- Another Classic Al Green Flipped Banga, Insanity!, Wdf Lmao We Battled W/ This, I Just Realized O.o! ^_^!
-had To Prove - The Intro/chorus Sample To This Is Just Needs A Stray Jacket!, Main Sample Does As Well Lol, Lovin This One Overall
-side B Intro - Uh Oh!
-bathed In Fire/eternal Life - [bathed In Fire]where Da Hell Did All Dat Bass Come From O.o!! Lovin Da Chops Tho, Soundin Dungeon Of Hell-ish, Mad Crazy [eternal Life] Im Imaginin Mad Lion And Maybe Meth W/ Street Life All Over This Beat W/ Lion Doin Chorus, Mad Sick
-experience - Whoa! @ Da Voice Sample In This, '94 Mobb Deep Flava Right Here!
-my Originoo Love - Damn Tzu How Do U Do It! Jesus Christ, Yeah Imma Have To Work Twice As Hard On My Own Project To Even Match This Lol Sound Like Somethin U Str8 Up Jacked From Allah Math At Gun Point And Put A Soulja Twist To It Lol, Sickness Overall
-melodic Serenade - Good Lord Im Pissed U Found This Sample B4 Me! Lol I May Have To Rip This One W/ Heavyarms, I Know Hed Love This One, Chopped W/ Precision Too, Chorus Is Nuts Too, Nice Banga To Load Ya Gat W/ Lol
-souljahz March - *envisions A Jamaican Party W/ A Crowd Of Ppl Freestylin To Each Other In Da Corner* And Holy Shit! @ Da Chorus, Yeah This Is An Instant Favorite
-in My Town - Oh Hell *nods Head Instantly To Da Intro* Only Flaw To This Is The Snare Is A Bit Too Loud For The Main Sample, Turn The Snare Down Just A Notch And This One Is Perfect
-outro - Oh Shit, This Is Crazy As Fuck W/ Da Madlib/quas Collabo Verse Filtered, Very Nice Way To End It Off Haha

Overall......this Is Gettin Dl'ed And Burned To Cd Asap! Lol
4.8/5

GuardianOne
09-25-2006, 05:17 AM
Just downloaded all the beats. I haven't yet heard them, but i already vote for each one as hot (cause i know what to expect). So i'll hear them on my sound systems once i get home. Right now i just downloaded onto my laptop, i'll put it onto CD.

Been wrkin late till 12am each day (physical networking)

Peace
PS: Not all of them beats are taged (not recommended) download www.mp3tag.de (http://www.mp3tag.de) v2.36a (has batch tag'in). Just to make sure....

Ya_Bane
09-25-2006, 09:41 AM
Hey Sun, would like to hear this, do u have to be regged on Soundclick to be able to get it? Could I be hooked up with a .rar-file or sum like that?

Peace

09-25-2006, 10:41 AM
naw you don't have to be registered to listen i don't think, but it only takes a second to register if u have to

and to GuardianOne (http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/member.php?u=30990) I thought i did tag em, when i play them in Itunes they're tagged too, i think it's because of soundclick when u upload em it removes tags; but either way if anyone tries to steal my shit i got that common creative license on it

Complex
09-25-2006, 02:20 PM
ohh shit fam.. nice work on nis 1 .. really feelin tah soul flava as always.. my fav is prolly "bladerunner".. dat 1 got me zoned out right now.. gonna peep tha rest in a sec.. Ill work overall Tzu.. Nice project

WWI

Ya_Bane
09-25-2006, 02:24 PM
ye it seems like u gotta reg. Imma wait till I can download the whole album outside of Soundclick.

peace

09-25-2006, 03:21 PM
imma make a zip file soon for everyone, before the day is over

09-25-2006, 04:47 PM
http://rapidshare.de/files/34446164/Tha_Originoo_Soul_Jah_Project.zip.html

here ya'll go

Ya_Bane
09-26-2006, 03:13 AM
http://rapidshare.de/files/34446164/Tha_Originoo_Soul_Jah_Project.zip.html

here ya'll go

Now we're talking. Thanx

09-26-2006, 05:51 PM
word no problem, thanks for the support. anyone else listen? what did ya'll think?

MF Herbs
09-27-2006, 02:01 PM
Sun... you kno what it is... Lookin forward to more fam.. wwi.

09-29-2006, 12:38 PM
thanks alot fam, appreciate it

10-03-2006, 04:31 PM
^uppin

J.T.S.
10-04-2006, 01:53 PM
Very Good solid beats, they all standout flawlessly.

FrenchShin
10-04-2006, 01:57 PM
am i the only one who got an unvalid archive ?

10-05-2006, 06:40 AM
am i the only one who got an unvalid archive ?

yea every link is working fine

Shitao
10-09-2006, 09:40 AM
My little review:

01. Intro (Tha Heat Iz On): cool intro
02. Mental Warfare: a good beat. Nice sample and good drums. 3/5
03. Steel Rebirth: not one of my favorites. The drums are very good (specially your snares) but I dont really feeling the melody sample. 2.5/5
4. Bladerunner: I love the melody sample and the drums but not really the filter you put on the melody during the beat. The final (the 30 last seconds) are fucking dope (nice reverse effects) 3/5
05. We Still Together: classic sample. Not the most original sample of the album but really good beat. Nice cut on the sample, good drums. NICE JOB. 3.5/5
06. What I'll Do Is...: really nice use of this classic sample. The drums are really powerful, the vocal samples are cool... Good beat man. 3.5/5
07. Had To Prove: interesting sample. Very original. Once again you put dope drums on it. 4/5
08. Side B Intro: cool interlude
09. Bathed In Fire/Eternal Life: a real good job on the drums & on the atmo. The second part with the fat bassline is really good. 4/5
10. Experience: interesting job on this sample and good drums. But to repetitive IMO. 2.5/5
11. My Originoo Love: good sample. Nice ambiance. But the drums volume is too high IMO. But good beat man. 3/5
12. Melodic Serenade: good drums once again and really nice job on the melody sample. A real evolution during the beat. Very good beat. 4/5
13. Soul Jah'z March: yeah really original beat. Hot strange samples and good drums. One of the best beat of your project. 4/5
14. In My Town: lol good beat man. That's really original. The drums + the bassline are dope.
4/5
15. Outro (Why It'z Done): cool outro

You did a good job man. It's a really solid project. I have had a good listening.

PEACE and Keep it up.

Graveyard shift
10-09-2006, 03:58 PM
Mental Warfare- Though the loop is short, it doesn't sound repetitive for some reason. I'm thinking it's because the track has a fast feel to it, so a short repetitive loop would go well. The Nas samples where great, also.

Steel Rebirth- This sounds like Mental Warfare as far as a speed up type of instrumental. I wasn't feeling this as much as Mental Warfare, though, mainly because the clanging sounds are annoying as hell.

I stopped listening after these two tracks because it seems like all your instrumentals follow the same procedure.

White_Mouse
10-09-2006, 04:29 PM
Man i love these beats man, i kinda dabble into beatmaking but i work better with an MPC than fruity Loops and i only have the latter right now. But i'm more of an emcee anyway if u have time peep my myspace page with 2 tracks @
www.myspace.com/mousetheprodigy
i'm not trying to steal your thunder though all these beats are TIGHT!

10-09-2006, 07:00 PM
I stopped listening after these two tracks because it seems like all your instrumentals follow the same procedure.

then you missed out on alot because they don't

those two beats in fact don't have the same pattern tho so i don't understand what you're saying

but thanks for the feedback everyone

num2son
10-10-2006, 10:02 AM
1. Intro
2. Mental Warfare - 4/5
3. Steel Rebirth - 3.5/5
4. Bladerunner - 4/5
5. We Still Together - 4/5
6. What I'll Do is - 3.5/5
7. Had To Prove - 3.5/5
8. Side B Intro
8. Bathed In fire/Eternal Fire - 4/5
9. Experience - 4.5/5
10. My Originoo Love - 4/5
11. Melodic Serenades - 5/5
12. Soul Jah'z March - 5/5
13. In My Town - 3.5/5
14. Outro

The album sounds real good

My two favorites were Melodic Serenades and Soul Jah'z March.

IronFingaz7
10-12-2006, 10:45 AM
Nice shit yo, I haven't spoke to you in mad long, I've been extremely busy. Senior year of college and all this other shit. Be safe though keep doing your thing.

P.E.A.C.E.

FrenchShin
10-12-2006, 11:07 AM
it doesn't lack creativity, which is good to know. BUT a few samples are too well known (Hi Records etc). it's time to move from these sources.

some drums sound weird to me sometimes, or should i say obvious, but it doesn't bother much.

the raw feeling is well controlled i'd say. not too much bass, that's cool.

Pharaoh Snefru
10-12-2006, 11:42 AM
Peace Sun, Ima have to peep this. Ima let you know kid. 1

RADIOACTIVE MAN
10-16-2006, 04:42 PM
who os this faggot using my name

someones asking for a battle

10-18-2006, 03:08 PM
^lmfao

Longbongcilvaringz
10-20-2006, 12:52 PM
dope work man.

really liking it, "experience" and "melodic serenade".

only thing i could suggest, just from a listening point of view with no production knowledge, is that each track was shorter.

i dunno, i just prefer with instrumental albums, that you get the flavour of each track, without it being drawn out. albums like "j dilla - donuts" and "Mablib - Movie Scenes Vol 1-2" got the track length perfect imo.

regardless, definitely a dope album.

RagnaroK
10-20-2006, 06:17 PM
i was listening to the 5 first track is all good until i hear 6 what i'll do is and my face twisted this shit is pure classic it sounds really professional

what do you use to make beats?

10-20-2006, 06:23 PM
thanks for all the feedback ya'll, and all i fuck with right now is FL & some other editing programs...in the process of upgrading alot of things tho

stay tuned i got some more shit that i plan on gettin out, spread the word about this shit tho!

PEACE

RagnaroK
10-20-2006, 10:38 PM
hold up a sec i had fruty loop once but all drums sounded weak same for all the sound and instruments, some of your song doesn't sound like it was made on FL
now i will download FL again and checkif i can't do something

so on those edit programs you could take sounds from other songs

10-20-2006, 10:55 PM
hold up a sec i had fruty loop once but all drums sounded weak same for all the sound and instruments, some of your song doesn't sound like it was made on FL

lol naw i have my own sounds, i've never used the sounds that came with FL

PEACE

GameOfDeath
10-21-2006, 12:05 AM
Really liking Bladerunner. Man you got some hard kick drums on a lot of these. What I'll do sounds like some classic NY heat. Man this is ill everything is on point here switchups too. You've got samples for days. Had to Prove with some nice chops. Bathed is kidna experimental albums need one of these. Souljaz march with the drums nice simple beat too. In My Town like a lot of these songs is waiting to be KILLED by Mcs I can already hear it.

Great job on this man.

Prince Equality
10-22-2006, 05:16 AM
Damn, on half of these beats you sampled Al Green. Come on dude... bring something new!

10-22-2006, 09:17 AM
lmao i only sampled two tracks Al Green you faggot, cmon now

don't try to hate on me because I don't like your beats, try to come with something that's original and not bitin Bronze Nazareth

lmfao ya not clever it's easy to see you clone ass bitch

LORD ZERO
10-22-2006, 06:43 PM
Lmao I Know Prince Of All Ppl Aint Talkin Bout Sample Bitin

LORD ZERO
10-22-2006, 06:45 PM

so on those edit programs you could take sounds from other songs

DRUMKITS MY FRIEND, DRUMKITS......THE KEY TO A FL PRODUCERS SURVIVAL ;)

Prince Equality
10-23-2006, 06:52 AM

don't try to hate on me because I don't like your beats, try to come with something that's original and not bitin Bronze Nazareth

Ok, first of all,

Track 3= AL GREEN
Track 5= AL GREEN

So yes you only used two Al Green samples. My bad!

But don't say that I be bitin' when your track 6 is the same song as the one used in Sunz Of Man - The Plan. And don't say that I be bitin' from Bronze when your track 4 is the same sample as used in Bronze Nazareth - Blowgun.

Second of all, calling me faggot, bitch etc. is so damn juvenile and ignorant. Nuff said!

MF Herbs
10-23-2006, 08:37 AM
Damn, on half of these beats you sampled Al Green. Come on dude... bring something new!

Lmao I Know Prince Of All Ppl Aint Talkin Bout Sample Bitin

Ok, first of all,

Track 3= AL GREEN
Track 5= AL GREEN

So yes you only used two Al Green samples. My bad!

But don't say that I be bitin' when your track 6 is the same song as the one used in Sunz Of Man - The Plan. And don't say that I be bitin' from Bronze when your track 4 is the same sample as used in Bronze Nazareth - Blowgun.

Second of all, calling me faggot, bitch etc. is so damn juvenile and ignorant. Nuff said!

Yall got me laughin ova here.. LMAO

10-23-2006, 07:31 PM

homie just because i use the same sample it in no way is the same, unlike you i chop the sample up LOL i don't even have to explain my process to you because what's the point? You come here tryin to knock me for "Sampling Al Green the entire album" when it's only two songs, and HALF OF THE ALBUM IS REGGAE INFLUENCED SHIT

step ya hatin game up man LOL if you gonna criticize my shit bring some more valid points it's sad man, PEACE TO THOSE WHO TOOK THE TIME TO LISTEN AND GIVE VALID CRITICISM & NOT JUST HATE, I APPRECIATE IT

and for real tho we can talk all day about you're sample usage and your kits in particular because you must be in love with Bronze Nazareth or some shit cause you all over his dick, so please let's not talk about that shit you're like the pot callin the kettle black homie...i'mma leave that alone tho

12weLvE
10-23-2006, 07:50 PM
I just heard it man...Yo Sun TZU you killed that shit...Much props, fuck the haters. By the way how did you get Rae on that track you got on your My Space? FIRE!!!

10-23-2006, 07:52 PM
I just heard it man...Yo Sun TZU you killed that shit...Much props, fuck the haters. By the way how did you get Rae on that track you got on your My Space? FIRE!!!

word thx i used turntables & mixed it and recorded it

12weLvE
10-23-2006, 07:54 PM
word thx i used turntables & mixed it and recorded it

does Rae know about it??

10-23-2006, 09:14 PM
does Rae know about it??

i have no clue LOL

12weLvE
10-24-2006, 09:41 PM
He sounds mad fire on that shit...I am preety sure he would love that track...did you try sending it to him on my space...well the instrumental??

10-25-2006, 06:20 AM
word word thx for the compliment