PDA

View Full Version : Rockstar's New Next-Gen Franchise LA noir

Jet Set
09-25-2006, 05:07 PM
Rockstar's New Next-Gen Franchise (http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/l.a.-noire/rockstars-new-nextgen-franchise-203019.php)

Adblock

An interactive crime thriller, murder mystery set in the 40s is Rockstar's next big game, the developer announced minutes ago.
LA. Noire will be developed by Team Bondi, a new Australian-based studio founded by Brendan McNamara, of The Getaway fame. The game is an "interactive detective story set in the classic noir period of the late 1940's." Rockstar says the game will blend action, detection and complex storytelling into a game that draws players into an open-ended challenge to sove and series of gruesome murders. The game will be set in the post-war Los Angeles of no freeways, drugs and jazz.
"Brendan and I have known each other for a long time, and to finally have the opportunity to work together on a game is exciting," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "The longstanding mutual respect and the combined experience between the two of us make this a great partnership," added Brendan McNamara, CEO of Team Bondi.
No date has been set for release and Rockstar declined to say what platform or platforms it would be hitting, besides "next-gen." Does that rule out the Wii or not? I'm a little confused on my terms.
Rockstar says they will be releasing the trailer on Oct. 5. I can't wait to see what they do with this genre, with the exception of a few recent entries it's been an under-represented genre for quite awhile. Brian Crecente

Taking the more relaxing road, in Oz i see

100pr00f
09-25-2006, 06:03 PM
is this like a western/ gangster type game

36chambers
09-25-2006, 07:33 PM
Rockstar are ill, ill cop any game they gunna release.

BRONZBODY
09-25-2006, 11:31 PM
manhunt thats it...cant get into gta

Lil' Ruger
09-25-2006, 11:54 PM
u serious not into GTA? wow whats bad about it to much versatility? lol

Ozmosis
09-26-2006, 12:00 AM
they say its not gonna be as open ended(sandbox thing) like gta

BRONZBODY
09-26-2006, 12:53 AM
u serious not into GTA? wow whats bad about it to much versatility? loljust cant get into it...not saying they bad games...just not for me...and i was beating games before u got ya first hair on ya balls!!!

Lil' Ruger
09-26-2006, 01:24 AM
^^^hhahahahahahaha u shure? i was born wit ball hair!!!!

Lil' Ruger
09-26-2006, 01:25 AM
they say its not gonna be as open ended(sandbox thing) like gta

sandbox is what i live for it usually makes the best games

sandbox with unlockables secrets and stuff to do.
especially a game that dont get boring.

36chambers
09-27-2006, 10:57 AM
Teaser Trailer

http://youtube.com/watch?v=weZf5zaeaZI

Dont really show shit, but thats what a teaser trailer is. The 1st official trailer will come in October, see the end of the teaser.