PDA

View Full Version : Eminem-How do you rate him?

Liquid Lines
09-26-2006, 01:04 PM
How do you personally rate Eminem?
Do u c him as one of the greatest, good but not quite great, playing on the white boy thing.

I think hes one of the greatest of all time, top 10 easy.

Grongle
09-26-2006, 01:07 PM
I top 10 easy.

naa 9 members of wu-tang .... and cappadonna

Ya_Bane
09-26-2006, 01:07 PM
I respect his bussinessmind, he's a good lyricist but I hate the music he makes.

Krimewave
09-26-2006, 01:08 PM
How do you personally rate Eminem?
Do u c him as one of the greatest, good but not quite great, playing on the white boy thing.

I think hes one of the greatest of all time, top 10 easy.

wouldnt make the top 100 imo.

Kenny Powers
09-26-2006, 01:21 PM
One of the few rappers who can actually freestyle, very controversial/revolutionary, fights for what he believes in, and is most importantly REAL. Ofcourse Eminem is one of the greatest of all time, hes in my top 5.

Liquid Lines
09-26-2006, 01:28 PM
wouldnt make the top 100 imo.

How?? look at what hes done, his first 2 albums are classics, last 2 not bad, and what hes done wit D-12

Dirty Knowledge
09-26-2006, 01:34 PM
That new Akon with Eminem has bumped Em down to 97 on the Top 100 falling two spots from 95.

INF
09-26-2006, 01:48 PM
Akon will ruin a track. Hes a habitual track ruiner. I'm still pissed about The Obie/Akon shit on 2nd rounds on me. That album had promise and tracks like that fucked it up.

On subject, Em's production skills could be way better considering who he learned alot of shit from. Kurupt and Daz both got great skills from being around you know who.

That new Akon with Eminem has bumped Em down to 97 on the Top 100 falling two spots from 95.

12weLvE
09-26-2006, 03:58 PM
He has a lot to prove...thats how I see it. While The Eminem Show was great, Encore was atrocious... I mean this is a guy who is placed on the top 5or even top 3 greatest rappers of all time in all TV specials. That one album will hunt him for the rest of his career, unless he comes out with some amazing shit. A few years ago he was on my top 5, but now he is not even on my top 15; this is due to me growing up, time passing and discovering many artist who I consider better.

Overall:
Post Encore - 4.5/5
Encore to present (including guest apperances on other albums) - 3/5
And yes I feel he has gotten that bad...

P.S: Him and DMX are probably the biggest disappointments in rap in the last few years.

WuTangWarrior
09-26-2006, 05:02 PM
9/10

but oh wait hes white

1/10

CHRONZ
09-26-2006, 05:08 PM
hmm

Punch
09-26-2006, 05:18 PM
I think he's one of the best MCs ever, but I don't really like the type of songs he's made recently.

mofo
09-26-2006, 05:21 PM
Eminem before the eminem show- 9/10

Eminem after the eminem show- 1/10.

Rame
09-26-2006, 05:38 PM
Can't really rate him

He was my favorite mc until between eminem show & encore

Now I don't really listen to him anymore

smokebongoncliff
09-26-2006, 05:48 PM
Eminem before the eminem show- 9/10

Eminem after the eminem show- 1/10.

yeah. he was dope. then somethin happend... and it wasnt good

Cesar
09-26-2006, 05:51 PM
He had a spark when he started but now he just garbage, went from top 10, to not mentioned at all, to his bodyguards Purple Hills verse was better than his, but i know, the sun dont shine the sun dont shine...

but seriously, he had a spark when he started but now he just garbage...

Lil' Ruger
09-26-2006, 05:57 PM
9/10

but oh wait hes white

1/10

.......y does it matter black people cant share rap and hip-hop?

WuTangWarrior
09-26-2006, 06:12 PM
.......y does it matter black people cant share rap and hip-hop?

lol im just playin wit u kid.......... Eminem is one of my fav's, i miss the days before the Eminem Show, that was fuckin ill.

oldie
09-26-2006, 06:15 PM
IMO he was one of the best MC's aroud back in the day. He can freestyle his ass off!! one of his classics when he said something like "hip-hop aint been the same since 2pac moved to cuba on us" - if i remember correctly he was on Tim Westood's show pissed up with D12 when he kicked that. LMAO!!! it was a great moment.lol.

Infinite lyrically is one of the best albums i heard, his flow aint too good, same for the beats but the lyrics alone are some of the best i ever heard.

best album - Infinite

The Marshall Mathers LP & Slim Shady LP are fuckin great albums too..

just such a shame he lost it big style nowadays!

Lil' Ruger
09-26-2006, 06:18 PM
rap is going to hell all the old good rappers are getting bad and the new ones suck cock. hmmmmm i hope papoose comes out witts dope album does he have one?

youngdeck01
09-26-2006, 10:56 PM
Top Ten.

rubyspirit
09-26-2006, 11:36 PM
Only heard a couple of songs by him. I did like the song...Lose Yourself. Don't care to hear anything else. Haven't seen 8 Mile.

11th Chamber
09-26-2006, 11:46 PM
I consider him one of the best rappers of all time. Prolly 7 or 8 in my Top 10.

Altho Encore was pure ass. Only like 4 to 5 listenable tracks. Toy Soldiers was incredible tho.

Bedlam
09-27-2006, 12:30 AM
Eminem up to 8 Mile - Probably my favorite rapper ever

Post 8 mile: -100000000000000000/10, fucking piece of shit faggot

Lil' Ruger
09-27-2006, 12:34 AM
i dont all those singy songs by him i usually like that D-12 raw shit like fight music or devils night 40 oz. was mad sick purple hills was good too

Frank Drebin
09-27-2006, 06:40 AM
I aint looking for a arguement but i think he is one of the worst "rappers" ever. His voice is like a little kids and his lyrics are bullshit. I think he is terrible he raps about shit that white kids are gonna think is bad ass so they bump it. Cant stand this guy.

murkoutz
09-27-2006, 06:45 AM
he was my dude until lately now hes like 8 high 7 still better than anything coming out of the south

ironwizard
09-27-2006, 07:45 AM
When I was 13-14 years old he was my favorite rapper. Then I grew up. Seriously though, he's mad talented, the Slim Shady LP is a fucking dope and hilarious album, MM LP is great too. Then he went shit. I guess he isn't hungry anymore, as he started writing songs about nothing interesting whatsoever, over shitty beats. As one of the other posters said, it of course also has something to do with discovering better or more interesting artists as your taste in music develops...
BTW, Em should never produce again, he sucks at it

SHRAP
09-27-2006, 07:47 AM
he has some good shit and some bad shit and some retarded fake shit, he has skills but often doesnt put effort into his music but every white kid in the suburbs will still buy every record he makes so he doesnt really have to

i wouldnt put him in my top 10 just cuz of the mentality he has when it comes to makin records, just look at some of his pointless ass singles hes put out, hes put some real fuckin garbage on his albums for sure

Dante
09-27-2006, 10:01 AM
Pre-2001 He was in my top 25, after that, i stopped giving a fuck. Dude is a waste of amazing talent

snapple
09-27-2006, 10:12 AM
top25 greatest of all time no question about it. and this "pre2001" stuff now hes not one of the greatest....come on....i'm sure most of your great MCs on your list have fallen off or never drop shit anymore

Dante
09-27-2006, 11:46 AM
i'm sure most of your great MCs on your list have fallen off or never drop shit anymore

Not as much as Em did. Only one in my list that fell off as hard as Em, is probably Prodigy

Origin™
09-27-2006, 12:47 PM
He came out raw, got rich, though he could sell "shit" and still make money off it. and guess what he was right, that garbage he making now still sell's like crazy.

Remember me - RBX.
now that was a dangerous eminem track

TSA
09-27-2006, 12:55 PM
Not as much as Em did. Only one in my list that fell off as hard as Em, is probably Prodigy

WHAT?!, Eminem fell harder then Wu-tang, ouch. Wu-corp faggots shouldn't be allowed to have opinions. When eminem speak the WHOLE country listens, the ENTIRE country, even ppl that don't listen to rap, he's been on tracks witht eh greats and flipped them. His concept of Marshall Mathers is ILL, he's amazingly successful, probably the most successful music artist in our current time, ranking with Micheal Jackson. Lyrically he's brilliant, even Rakim, whose dick alot of you like the taste of, said Eminem is probably the best lyricist of all time, He was this successful and skill while being able to fight off the white rapper stigma, his albums are the most hotly debated subjects in the media when the drop, Marshal Matters LP is a classic, probably one of the last great classics(dope influential and successful) and there's not doubt he's a genius. Faggots wanna get opinions about the man cause they don't like "without me"....Em is probably the GREATEST RAPPER OF ALL TIME, and im not an eminem fan.

tekunique
09-27-2006, 02:01 PM
When eminem speak the WHOLE country listens, the ENTIRE country, even ppl that don't listen to rap
thats because HE'S WHITE you fuckin idiot.

100pr00f
09-27-2006, 02:13 PM
hes in my top 10 or top 15...

yea his lyrics are hard and make u think...his last cd he put out..he knew was trash
lol
he told mc's that he can put out wacker shit then u and still sell more then u ...
but yea..i didnt like that thier is about 3 or 4 tracks on encore i like the rest trash
i would place hime 12th...when i go back to listen to his shit it gets old to fast......

TSA
09-27-2006, 03:14 PM
thats because HE'S WHITE you fuckin idiot.

Yeah, that's why the WHOLE COUNTRY listens when Paul Wall, Fred Durst, Vanilla Ice, and 80% of the 100,000,000,000,000,000,000 underground rappers speak. Dont try to insult anybody cause im not the online beef type, infact If i were you i'd kill myself.

Jeru
09-27-2006, 03:16 PM
He's good but his production is awefull @ times but as an mc nice

tekunique
09-27-2006, 03:31 PM
Yeah, that's why the WHOLE COUNTRY listens when Paul Wall, Fred Durst, Vanilla Ice, and 80% of the 100,000,000,000,000,000,000 underground rappers speak. Dont try to insult anybody cause im not the online beef type, infact If i were you i'd kill myself.

look man, why compare to the wackness ? i for a fact, know Eminem is a talented MC. all i was aiming at was the sentence i quoted from you. Eminem, BESIDES being a natual talented MC, also has mass appeal AND also happen to be white. in a case like that, alot of ppl are gonna listen, and the whole country when you break it down, the majority of the population is white.

fred durst is a good example, im glad you brought that up because yeah, he's white too, and for a while ppl listened to him but the problem is, he turned wack. his music got crazy corny and shit hit the fan. Eminem's been crazy consistent up until Encore but shit still sold cuz he built up his fan base.

i dissed you cuz you dissed ppls on this site, dont get it twsited, i already had/have respects for Em's skills.

ShaDynasty
09-27-2006, 06:58 PM
naa 9 members of wu-tang .... and cappadonna

co sign
plenty of other motherfuckers worthy of the top 10
eg:
rakim
krs one
big daddy kane
kool g rap
chuck d
nas
biggie smalls
jay z
q-tip
mc serch (if you gonna pick a white rapper this is the guy)
posdnuos

i aint even sayin this list is definitive, but shit even ice cube, ice t, snoop dogg etc

eminem used to be dope, but he sold out and watered down his shit, none of them guys above did except for jay-z and nas but even them guy still get respect
eminem needs to drop an album on some real hip hop shit for him to get any respect back
hes a great emcee but there are many other that make him not 'top 10 easy'

Rebel_INS
09-27-2006, 07:08 PM
Eminem is really dope. His lyrics have gotten weaker as time progresses but his old shit is good.

11th Chamber
09-27-2006, 10:19 PM
"Imitator, intimidator, stimulator, simulator of data, eliminator,
There's never been a greater/ since the burial of Jesus, fuck around and catch all of the venereal diseases/
My thesis will smash a stereo to pieces,/ my acapella releases plastic masterpieces through telekinesis/
And eases you mentally, gently, sentimentally, instrumentally, with entity, dementedly meant to be Infinite"

my man was sick.

GENERAL WISE
09-27-2006, 11:00 PM
He is lyrically gifted, his subject matter is vulgar and annoying. but HE FELL THE FUCK OFF with the last shit he did. Dedicated to his daughter / being a clown HOW THE FUCK>?

Blastah
09-27-2006, 11:10 PM
3.5 out of 5 just because he fell off a lot... but he's that dude that has a few tracks I play sometimes to laugh, lines like "Original Bad Boy on the case, cover your face/Came in the place blowed, and sprayed Puffy with Mase" are what makes him great. Before he fell off he was one of the G.O.A.T. IMO, but he fell off enormously...

Lil' Ruger
09-27-2006, 11:35 PM
^^^ cuz any man who would jump in front of a mini van
for twenty grand
and a bottle of pain killers and a something
is fucking crazy

slimshady is really a fake alias

Ironlungz
09-28-2006, 06:33 AM
He had the skill and the touch
Still got the skill, but lost the touch...
Used to be a top 5, now he might make top 25... but those first 3 albums and the 8 mile ost still influenced me a lot and i still rate them highly...

TSA
09-28-2006, 09:22 AM
look man, why compare to the wackness ? i for a fact, know Eminem is a talented MC. all i was aiming at was the sentence i quoted from you. Eminem, BESIDES being a natual talented MC, also has mass appeal AND also happen to be white. in a case like that, alot of ppl are gonna listen, and the whole country when you break it down, the majority of the population is white.

fred durst is a good example, im glad you brought that up because yeah, he's white too, and for a while ppl listened to him but the problem is, he turned wack. his music got crazy corny and shit hit the fan. Eminem's been crazy consistent up until Encore but shit still sold cuz he built up his fan base.

i dissed you cuz you dissed ppls on this site, dont get it twsited, i already had/have respects for Em's skills.

underground rap is basically white rapper central, nobody listens to them, the whole nation doesn't pause for a moment paul wall drops a cd and fred durst got fans cause he had bangin songs not cause he was white and making music.

TrueDciple
09-28-2006, 09:47 AM
He had the skill and the touch
Still got the skill, but lost the touch...
Used to be a top 5, now he might make top 25... but those first 3 albums and the 8 mile ost still influenced me a lot and i still rate them highly...

Co-sign!

Hmm... by the way no news of upcoming Lps from him?

Dante
09-28-2006, 09:58 AM
WHAT?!, Eminem fell harder then Wu-tang, ouch. Wu-corp faggots shouldn't be allowed to have opinions. When eminem speak the WHOLE country listens, the ENTIRE country, even ppl that don't listen to rap, he's been on tracks witht eh greats and flipped them. His concept of Marshall Mathers is ILL, he's amazingly successful, probably the most successful music artist in our current time, ranking with Micheal Jackson. Lyrically he's brilliant, even Rakim, whose dick alot of you like the taste of, said Eminem is probably the best lyricist of all time, He was this successful and skill while being able to fight off the white rapper stigma, his albums are the most hotly debated subjects in the media when the drop, Marshal Matters LP is a classic, probably one of the last great classics(dope influential and successful) and there's not doubt he's a genius. Faggots wanna get opinions about the man cause they don't like "without me"....Em is probably the GREATEST RAPPER OF ALL TIME, and im not an eminem fan.

I never questioned his popularity, all i said was after the MMLP, his music started to suck

riddla
09-28-2006, 12:34 PM
fell off after the eminem show...
don't know why he changed his flow like that...very annoying....

Jeremy94
09-28-2006, 04:49 PM
One Of The Best Eva, No Doubt.

Papers
09-28-2006, 04:52 PM
slim shady lp is the one album I really want but dont have. braindamage, the mushroom song, rockbottom whole album fucking good, just never got it.