PDA

View Full Version : The Holy Month

Urban_Journalz
09-26-2006, 09:10 PM
Ramadan Mubarak to my Muslim brothaz and sistaz. Also, Sallam (peace) to all others.

This will serve as a reminder for those who know,
education for those who don't and a gesture of Zakat (charity) for myself, as I am Muslim and am observing Ramadan.

As most of you know, Saturday, Sept. 23rd began the first day of The Holy Month of Ramadan for the entire Muslim community worldwide. This time is a blessed one indeed. It was during this time that The Holy Qur'an was revealed unto The Final Messenger of God. The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him), through The Holy Spirit. Archangel Gabriel (upon whom be peace). In observing Ramadan, Muslims must abstain from food, drink, sexual intercourse, smoking (which is prohibited anyway, but a blessing still, to one who wishes to quit.), foul language, backbiting etc. Also, listening to or watching anything that would make one forgetful of The Most High. A meal before dawn is required. Once the daylight is visible from night, all of these things must cease. After the evening prayer, the fast is then broken. Preferably by dates or water, because both have abundant blessing and cleanliness.

This fast not only cleanses our soul, in the sense that we have no energy to do anything that would break our fast, it also teaches patience and gives your digestive organs a rest. More importantly, it reminds us that there are people who feel hunger pains like this every day they wake up and pushes us further to give in charity to those in need.

Along with the obligatory 5 prayers that we are instructed to make all of our lives. A special night prayer is also ordained. This can be performed as many times as we wish.

During this month, the gates of Heaven are open and the gates of Hell are closed. Satan and his devils are all chained. Making it easier for any who wish to use this time to their advantage.
What is that advantage?? Well, if one fasts every day, earnestly. Makes the prayers on time and with conviction. All of his or her sins will be forgiven for the past year.

This month is for Allah alone. Though we know what rewards we will receive in teh cases of prayer, charity...etc...none but Allah knows how He will reward us for this month. So, steadfastness is essential.

30 pages of The Qur'an are to be read daily by the believers as well. This, because, when The Month is completed, we will have read the entire book. Sunnah (the written examples of The Prophet Muhammad's ((pbuh)) way of life, sayings and lectures.) are also to be read more frequently during this time. As it is his example that all Muslims have been ordered to follow.

The most important theme of this month, I believe, is obedience. To give up things like food and drink, to remember The One who gave us such things in the first place, is a fantastic testimony to how righteous we as Human beings can be.

Dear Muslims, take this time to remember the truth about existance. That all things, seen and unseen, came from Him and unto Him shall all things return.

Dear people, those of you who are willing to understand a person for who they really are, instead of how society judges them, may Allah smile upon you always.

Insha-Allah (God Willing), I've helped a few of you with this. There's a significant amount of ignorance in the world today regarding Islam and I seek to show people the true nature of this way of life in any possible way.

Ramadam Mubarak and
As-Sallam-Mua-Laikum (Peace Be Unto You)

WuTangWarrior
09-26-2006, 09:22 PM
Ramadan Mubarak brotha!!!

Urban_Journalz
09-26-2006, 10:36 PM
and Ramadan Kareem my brotha!!!
Sallam!!!

Lebanese_Warrior
09-27-2006, 03:36 PM
Ramadan Mubarak

Urban_Journalz
09-28-2006, 10:58 AM
Ramadan Kareem and Sallam L-Dub

supremecharma
10-02-2006, 02:34 AM
have a good monnth.

Urban_Journalz
10-02-2006, 02:52 AM
have a good monnth.

Thank you supreme.
Shalom to you and yours as well.

Golden_Armz
10-11-2006, 05:31 PM
RAMADAAN BLESSINGS to all those observing the fast and abstaining from the desires of this material world....MASALAAM

Sicka than aidZ
10-11-2006, 05:35 PM
PEACE

Golden_Armz
10-11-2006, 05:41 PM
Israel will be no more soon...

Urban_Journalz
10-12-2006, 12:59 AM
RAMADAAN BLESSINGS to all those observing the fast and abstaining from the desires of this material world....MASALAAM

Peace to you too ya akhi. I didn't even know you was on here son. I'm on your myspace list. "Ancient Wisdom"

Peace to SickARocks and the good half of what ed said as well. Imma keep this peaceful.

One

Golden_Armz
10-12-2006, 10:12 AM
Peace to you too ya akhi. I didn't even know you was on here son. I'm on your myspace list. "Ancient Wisdom"

Peace to SickARocks and the good half of what ed said as well. Imma keep this peaceful.

One

lol yeah i been signed here since like 3-4 years ago but i stopped coming by a while now, apart from the occasional drop in Audio Lounge, i wanted to see whats goin on @ Know The Ledge, it definately aint as lively as it used to be, but i hope you and the brothers on here is holding it up for the deen! i was just flicking thru the list and remember seeing "ancient wisdom", i think you got the wu-tang Tao diagram in your pics right? ill holla @ your page later....inshallah....peace

Prince Rai
10-13-2006, 02:11 PM
Israel will be blessed by God's decisions.

Peace and Blessings from a Muslim to the Ummah of Islam as well as the peoples who engender positivity.

InshAllah
Salaam
Shalom
Hetep

Urban_Journalz
10-14-2006, 03:36 PM
lol yeah i been signed here since like 3-4 years ago but i stopped coming by a while now, apart from the occasional drop in Audio Lounge, i wanted to see whats goin on @ Know The Ledge, it definately aint as lively as it used to be, but i hope you and the brothers on here is holding it up for the deen! i was just flicking thru the list and remember seeing "ancient wisdom", i think you got the wu-tang Tao diagram in your pics right? ill holla @ your page later....inshallah....peace

Yea, dog. That's me. I figured I'd rep the foundation of the Wu cuz everybody's rockin' the logo on myspace. Besides, I'm tryin' to network and that's the wrong message totally.
Shacron bruh. You know we gotta hold down the deen, no question. Insha-Allah, I gotta hear some of your tracks too. I'll get at you though bruh. Insha-Allah.

As-SallamMuaLaikum and Ramadan Mubarak

Peace an Blessings also to Princerai and SickARocks for keepin' the thread and the message of peace alive.

One.