PDA

View Full Version : Hip HOp will never sell like it used to

GENERAL WISE
09-27-2006, 12:37 AM
8 LUPE FIASCO ATLANTIC/ATL G 85,959
LUPE FIASCO'S FOOD & LIQUOR

9 CHINGY CAPITOL 75,109
HOODSTAR

now these two albums have been getting so much promo its rediculous and THEY ARE PUSHING Less THAN 90k.

Chingy with the repertative BET and MTV videos at number 1 and Lupe being a "hip hop saviour" "breath of fresh air" and 2 video out before the album dropped and releasing another

these dudes did a little better than Meth (WITH NO PROMO)

compared... Fishscale did very well, i would never have thought that Ghost would beat these dudes.

any ways hip hop will probably die away and jay z and nas will also do like 150k

Meth did not flop after all.......

crass
09-27-2006, 12:50 AM
can't really use chingy's album sales for comparison though, cuz he was a one-hit wonder whose star faded fast.

tical2000
09-27-2006, 12:54 AM
ya hip hop sales are down this year.....I think people are sick of all the watered down manufactured hip hop and it has soured the whole genre as a whole....

thelion1856
09-27-2006, 01:05 AM
man u guys need to gain some common sence. Just cuz someone gets heavy promo dosn't mean they are going to sell. If its good it sells if its crap but promoted heavy it will still flop.

Look at outkast, every album they have put out has sold more copys than the one before it.

crass
09-27-2006, 01:11 AM
If its good it sells if its crap but promoted heavy it will still flop.

come on man, you know it's not like that.

GENERAL WISE
09-27-2006, 01:21 AM
lets see.....50 cents first lp off aftermath made what? 6x plat?

so in your reasoning....

its better than 36 chambers/Ob4cl/Ilmatic/ATCQ albums combined?

nope

ShaDynasty
09-27-2006, 03:43 AM
i dont think this is a good comparison at all
chingy is someone no-one gives a fuck about, and lupe is operating on the fine line between mainstream and underground, he was never going to sell that well

CharlesJones
09-28-2006, 04:26 PM
The reason why sales are down for rap albums because there's too many garbage mc's out right now and people are tired of the mainstream corny songs. I agree with Method Man when he said people are gonna want the grimey lyrics and hard songs again in the near future and i think the rap game is gonna eventually return to that. Why do ya'll think rap music did so well in the early 90's to mid 90's? I remember when my brother and i used to go to the record store a lot back in the early 90's because there were so many good rap albums coming out back then. I can't even remember the last time i bought a rap cd LOL. That's how much the game sucks right now because i refuse to buy rap cd's now.

Kenny Powers
09-28-2006, 04:43 PM
We will see what is right when Nas, Game, Jay-Z drop their albums this year. I think they wont sell shit, too many bootleggers and there arent enough true fans.

Papers
09-28-2006, 05:40 PM
Sales are down because people who used to buy albums for the singles can just download em and skip on spending money on the rest of that garbage

bet the new outkast album sells well.

Unforgiven
09-28-2006, 05:49 PM
Ever heard of pirating?

J.T.S.
09-28-2006, 06:15 PM
Those cats are Rap son, not hip-hop get it right!!