yall responsible, yet, none are accountable
all is possible, yet none are amounted to
filthiest heavens stoned demons and burned eden
guilty as them, and donít even deserve freedom
damn, protect your hell faciní deadlier revolution
canít respect yourselves, yall ainít ready for evolution

Copyright © 2006 Psykosus, The Soulless Survivalist

AUDIO:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=427144 (http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427144)

Take It To The Top - Beef, ft. Psykosus and Stretch

RAW SHIT!!

PEACE

PSY

BlaK FuRYaN
09-29-2006, 10:27 AM
This trak made me laugh.....the content what i exspected....but to here you onna beat like that, i felt it didnt work....
And becuase ive heard that verse one of the most dirtiest piano loops ive ever heard....hearin to this beat made it hard for to acknowledge it....

So i'll ask you again....whats the deal with that trak. send it to me with your vocal on it how it is so i can put a verse down over it....

peace

PsYkOsUs
09-29-2006, 06:40 PM
you're crazy man, that beat is raw as hell! but to each his own.. so far you're the only cat who said they didn't like the beat... this also isn't the studio version, it's a practice run till we get the time and extra money to spend; so be on the look out for the quality version... the beat you heard the first version of this verse on wasn't my beat.. this beat is an orignal beat that was made for Beef, Myself, and Stretch (local Artists) for this particular song.. this song is on Beef and Stretch's album "The Movement", but we are doin' a remix of this song with a darker beat for my album "War Machine"..

as for collabos, i perform live, so with the exception of a few cats online that i've been in contact with for years, i'm only workin' with local artists who can do shows here in CT... otherwise it's a waste of a song...

PEACE

PSY

noel411
09-29-2006, 09:35 PM
Solid written, but that audio really didn't work. I know you say it was a practice run, which it certainly sounds like, but you've still put it up for people to hear and comment on. The quality is poor and it's poorly mixed. It took me a while till I was sure whether the first dude was even flowing over the beat or not. As for your verse, your lyrics just got lost in the delivery. The delivery was way too harsh for whatever equipment you were using, and made it very unpleasant to the ear. No clarity at all.

I remember in the past when people have posted poor verses and mentioned that they didn't put a lot of effort into them, you have often said that it is no excuse, and you shouldn't put something out there for people to see if you haven't made the effort to perfect your work. So I don't really know why you'd put a rough recording of a track up for people to hear. I mean raw is raw, but this just sounds cheap and unproffessional.

Having said all this, I think the track certainly has the potential to be nice, it just needs to be performed and recorded better. I would suggest that when you re-record it you back off the delivery a little...but you know, do your thing. Hopefully you get it right next time 'round.

Nexodus the Nth Entity
10-01-2006, 11:16 AM
I think many of us would agree that this is a rough cut and is evident in the quality, so we'll leave it at that

As for the verse and it's content, it's on par with what we've come to expect from you, always flawless in that department

Having heard many of your spoken words pieces in the past and some hip hop driven ones, I know how intense your delivery is...and that's you, and i'm sure once a studio version of this cut is recorded it'll be more crisp, 'cause i think the quality of the track makes it seem your vocals are 'too much'....

As for the beat, I liked it....for what it's worth, not my style but you do what you gotta do, so it's all good

As for the other dudes, like Noel stated, i didn't know when the first verse started...thought dudes we're still ad-libbing...haha, probably due to the tracks quality, but still, needs some more impact, if he's going to be going first....it's pretty hard to match your intensity too...haha, 3rd verse was alright too, both of them in terms of content....not really on the same level as yours, so it seems unbalanced but not a big deal....

all in all, good to hear you're connecting with local acts and building on the hip hop side of things and still doing your spoken word material as well

keep scriptin'

Lil' Ruger
10-01-2006, 12:19 PM
you're crazy man, that beat is raw as hell! but to each his own.. so far you're the only cat who said they didn't like the beat... this also isn't the studio version, it's a practice run till we get the time and extra money to spend; so be on the look out for the quality version... the beat you heard the first version of this verse on wasn't my beat.. this beat is an orignal beat that was made for Beef, Myself, and Stretch (local Artists) for this particular song.. this song is on Beef and Stretch's album "The Movement", but we are doin' a remix of this song with a darker beat for my album "War Machine"..

as for collabos, i perform live, so with the exception of a few cats online that i've been in contact with for years, i'm only workin' with local artists who can do shows here in CT... otherwise it's a waste of a song...

PEACE

PSY

ct? really i live in ct what town u at?

PsYkOsUs
10-01-2006, 03:24 PM
i'm from New London.. Beef is from Queens, and Stretch is from California, but both stay in New London currently as well..

i appreciate the feedback, positive or negative it's all the same to me.. a read is a read, a listen's a listen, regardless of opinion... keep an eye out for the studio version..

PEACE

PSY

BlaK FuRYaN
10-04-2006, 08:20 AM

PEACE

PSY

I hear that...well i'll definately look out for the remix... keep me posted when its done...coz i know your serious, Ill support the album....

peace