PDA

View Full Version : Which Doobie You Be??

Urban_Journalz
09-30-2006, 06:27 PM
Not an assumption that all of us in here are taking part in some form of Hip-Hop culture or another, but rather a question to those of us who are, which area we "specialize" in.

Me, I'm a DJ/Producer.
Took a hand at taggin' and really love it.
Closest I came to breakdancin' was it's great-grandfather, CAPOEIRA.
I've been on the mic a few times, but spittin' more slam poetry than actual verses.
I was inspired by Killah Priest's "Heavy Mental" track among others.

I speak much better with my turntables and boards though.

What about you??

Ultimate Fist
09-30-2006, 10:50 PM
MC by far. I produce a little, dont dance and dont tag.

Sicka than aidZ
10-01-2006, 05:55 AM
doin graffiti dog:spin:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/jameztwo/img059.jpg

Urban_Journalz
10-14-2006, 03:15 PM
Ill y'all. Make sure you keep your style unique too.
lol. Looks like we're the only ones that have a hand in this around here too. lol. Oh well, it's cool.
Peace

Urban_Journalz
10-14-2006, 03:16 PM
and Sick....that's some ILL hieroglyphs dogg.

snapple
10-14-2006, 04:18 PM
i use to fuck with graffetti when i was younger, i don't do that anymore though. right now it's just MCing, i wouldn't call myself a Bboy eather since i'm not nice once i hit the floor but i can dance fine, can't do crazy stalls and all that shit

smokebongoncliff
10-14-2006, 04:39 PM
i mc, tryin to learn how to produce.

Urban_Journalz
10-16-2006, 04:47 PM
Word. An emcee and an emcee soon to be producer. That's cool yo. What do y'all write about? I mean verbatim. Do you stick do different topics, or try to have a balanced criteria and keep it in one realm??

I'm tryin' to find out if this MPC 2400 is worth the buy myself as far as production. I read that J. Dilla (r.i.p.) stuck with the MPC 2000 cuz it "felt better for what he liked to do." Plus, Ye Olde SP-1200. I mean, that machine is just hip-hop. Period. Just hard to find one in good condition.

7EL7
10-16-2006, 04:49 PM
Which Doobie You Be??

corny ass nigga
you ain't no dam producer

Urban_Journalz
10-16-2006, 07:33 PM
Which Doobie You Be??

corny ass nigga
you ain't no dam producer

Pathetic when you want attention so bad it just hurts. I almost pity him. Don't even know who Son Doobie is. E-Thugs are hilarious though.

7EL7
10-16-2006, 08:56 PM
Your beats is wack

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/3528/zippermouth13kd2.jpg

Sicka than aidZ
10-16-2006, 09:40 PM
SHROPSHER'S COOL DUDE..... NOW BACK TO THE LECTURE AT HAND^O^

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/jameztwo/dde9aec5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/jameztwo/img122.jpg

WuTangWarrior
10-16-2006, 09:50 PM
thats dope as hell sicka

Sicka than aidZ
10-16-2006, 09:56 PM
THANKS FAM... I DID THOSE FOR SOME MEMBERZ, I JUST SHOW OFF THE BIGBEN ONE CUZ ITS CLEAN AS FUCK. U SHOULD SEE THE SHIT I CANT GET UPLOADED FUCKIN BURNERZ

TAURO
10-16-2006, 10:06 PM
I thought this thread had something to do with Funkdoobiest?

Urban_Journalz
10-16-2006, 10:11 PM
Yo rocks, you got serious talent son. Marc Ecko betta watch it.

Sicka than aidZ
10-16-2006, 10:30 PM
THANKS.... I AINT TRYING TO START SHIT WITH BIGED BUT HE FRONTS ON GRAFFITI ON A HIPHOP SITE.

Urban_Journalz
10-17-2006, 01:20 AM
Word?? It's one of the elements though. Hmm. Might be a legal thing or somethin'.

Dirty Knowledge
10-17-2006, 01:56 AM
Hmmm... I love graffiti though I grew up doing it in class when I was bored on the desk.. paper.. walls.. whatever. But I do my own style of graffitti, maybe one day I will bless the site with a few things. And I am definitly an MC/Freestyler. I have always been able to think quick when not under pressure and rapping/freestyling has always been a major love in my life. It ain't about props or money or winning contests it's all about the love of poetry and rhythym and just being creative and putting a message out there. And through freestyling weather it be here or there you always put your message out and when you can come positive with it or with a meaning you definitly reach that plateau when in a cypher and the love just swarms you.

Urban_Journalz
10-19-2006, 12:11 AM
Your beats is wack
]

And you know this because you've heard them right?? lol. Idiot. At least you're acting your age, I'll give you that.

I'll wreck you on your own equipment. If you ever decide to be anything more than a starving critic that it.:cheerlie: :slutty: :r

Urban_Journalz
10-19-2006, 12:12 AM
Hmmm... I love graffiti though I grew up doing it in class when I was bored on the desk.. paper.. walls.. whatever. But I do my own style of graffitti, maybe one day I will bless the site with a few things. And I am definitly an MC/Freestyler. I have always been able to think quick when not under pressure and rapping/freestyling has always been a major love in my life. It ain't about props or money or winning contests it's all about the love of poetry and rhythym and just being creative and putting a message out there. And through freestyling weather it be here or there you always put your message out and when you can come positive with it or with a meaning you definitly reach that plateau when in a cypher and the love just swarms you.

That's tight man. Any of y'all tryin' to take it all the way? Or is it more for personal reasons?

Urban_Journalz
10-19-2006, 12:14 AM
And through freestyling weather it be here or there you always put your message out and when you can come positive with it or with a meaning you definitly reach that plateau when in a cypher and the love just swarms you.

I definately hear that dog. I get the ame feelin' when I'm on the turntables. Just invincible.