PDA

View Full Version : anyone else hate that Rap has become "dance-pop"

tical2000
10-01-2006, 02:06 AM
Anyone else pissed off that rap has turned into "dance-pop"

almost every single/video released today is on some dance-pop shit, with made up dance steps included......Like what happened to hard singles, the "straight outta comptons", "bring the pains", etc.....There are not any singles out that make you want to pump your fist or bang your head......just shakking booty

singles/videos today are so soft......like can someone release a fuckin video/single that is aggresive and bad-ass.....

.....like it would be almost shocking to see videos/singles that are not on the dance-pop shit

thoughts?

J-Cee
10-01-2006, 02:55 AM
very true.....they know its gonna make money,cause kids these days love this shit..all the bling etc...so they just keep doing the fake shit all for the $$...cunts.

Marc051
10-01-2006, 05:48 AM
I miss the good ol' 90s too when hardcore rap was more mainstream and everyone was tryin to be gangster

Frank Drebin
10-01-2006, 06:08 AM
i dont care about the music thats on the radio like that ridin dirty chain hang low shit. Im more dissapointed with the videos thats on TV the videos used to be really good but now its fucked cant have a video without a nice car a nice bitch a nice bottle of something and alot of money flashing about.

Sicka than aidZ
10-01-2006, 06:14 AM
we should photoshop em:b

-Gambino-
10-01-2006, 08:06 AM
There are not any singles out that make you want to pump your fist or bang your head......

Actually there is one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHZkCZlZJNg

rubyspirit
10-01-2006, 09:28 AM
Actually there is one.

Thanks for the link.

Thread topic - It grates my nerves, nevertheless, we must "...be nice to the crackheads!!" :lmao:

Longbongcilvaringz
10-01-2006, 11:53 AM
fuck rap.

Alcryt
10-01-2006, 12:46 PM
Actually there is one.

That tracks sick

On topic i have to agree with you tical2000 :no:

Lil' Ruger
10-01-2006, 12:54 PM
dont fear the next young rap champ (me) will bring justice whipe out fake ass mainstream rap and create a new empire upon it!

THE W
10-01-2006, 01:23 PM
dance pop has always been around its just that now you cant put out a record or get the label behind you promotional wise unless you have a dance pop single or two.

Kenny Powers
10-01-2006, 01:55 PM
Gangsta rap doesnt sell like it used to, id be surprised if we ever saw another public enemy or nwa...

PLO-Stylez
10-01-2006, 03:34 PM
Actually there is one.

sik

Rebel_INS
10-01-2006, 03:39 PM
Yea man I definately agree, that shit pisses me off. People a lot of people just listen to the radio and thats what they think is the good shit out, when really it isn't.

But at least there is still good hip-hop around!

THE W
10-01-2006, 04:17 PM
only one type of music is being supported by the major labels. artists can either fall in line or be neglected.

zeppelin2k
10-01-2006, 06:10 PM
no fucking duh
you think anyone is going to say that "yes I AM GLAD RAP has gone to shit" ?
lol

ShaDynasty
10-01-2006, 06:35 PM
Gangsta rap doesnt sell like it used to, id be surprised if we ever saw another public enemy or nwa...

you seem to imply public enemy are gangsta rap?!

anyway, i wish people would stop bitchin about the state of hip hop, just dont listen to that shit if you dont want to

Kenny Powers
10-01-2006, 09:55 PM
There are not any singles out that make you want to pump your fist or bang your head

- I wasnt trying to say P.E was gangsta, more talking about ^that^, cause some of their shit, u could just bump out to, my bad for the confusion.

Bone Collecta
10-01-2006, 10:03 PM
so talking about killing ppl, guns, and coke is ok? but partyin in the club isnt?

gtfoh

crass
10-01-2006, 10:08 PM
^^i think he's pretty much just saying since when did club tracks go from the hip hop of "ice cream" to the synth-pop of "how we do"

DarkEXile
10-01-2006, 10:26 PM
I don't listen to the majority of the shit that's on the radio or on mtv. I see it as a cycle in Hip-Hop that eventually will be done. But we have to remember that Hip-Hop has always had the dance factor in it. ie Hammer, Kid n Play, and Heavy D just to name a few. While it's more prevalent at the time, and even the so-called gangstas are doing just means it's selling for better or worse.

Personally I have to admit that I miss the grimy, hardcore, beat in your face from the late eighties into the nineties.

Papers
10-02-2006, 02:12 AM
It would be nice to have a little more variety on TV and radio, less of the club shit but they are trying to sell to the mainstream. Even people who dont really listen to rap but get drunk and dance at parties love this shit they are putting out. I remember when the 50 song In the club came out, people went crazy for that song. They are trying to sell to the masses and the masses are drunk, stupid and dont really listen to rap outside of what they see on TV or hear on the radio.