PDA

View Full Version : Previous "_______" experience required

EAGLE EYE
10-01-2006, 06:48 PM
This shits really pissing me off lately when I been trying to apply for jobs and I find out that its necessary to have maybe a year or two of experience in the industry before the employer considers hiring you. How the fuck is someone suppossed to get that experience in the first place!? Its like a catch 22.

oh well.... maybe I'll just get on welfare and also pawn shit to make ends meet..

Razorsharp
10-01-2006, 06:51 PM
did u make a resume?

ShaDynasty
10-01-2006, 06:53 PM
This shits really pissing me off lately when I been trying to apply for jobs and I find out that its necessary to have maybe a year or two of experience in the industry before the employer considers hiring you. How the fuck is someone suppossed to get that experience in the first place!? Its like a catch 22.

oh well.... maybe I'll just get on welfare and also pawn shit to make ends meet..

get a job at mcdonalds, im sure previous experience aint required
its easy to get a shit job, cmon, its even easy to bluff yaself into a good job

EAGLE EYE
10-01-2006, 07:09 PM
i gotta get back to my job of making dinner now that i think about it.

but im not the kinda person who settles on any kinda job

Gawd
10-01-2006, 08:07 PM
D00d.....git a job at Mcdonalds.......Shrap says you need no experience at all.....

SHRAP
10-01-2006, 08:18 PM
D00d.....git a job at Mcdonalds.......Shrap says you need no experience at all.....

only golden arches i been into is your bowlegged ass momma

Gawd
10-01-2006, 09:05 PM
why would you even want to mate with a golden tinted bow legged woman?

EAGLE EYE
10-01-2006, 09:15 PM
why does every thread I make, turn into a bickering match about peoples mothers and sexual acts?

Gawd
10-01-2006, 09:16 PM
because shrap busted out a lame mamma joke...i liked your feed eD thread ....

mashqauck
10-01-2006, 09:16 PM
i'm a RADIOHEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

EAGLE EYE
10-01-2006, 09:22 PM
back on topic i guess:

I will never ever work in the fast food industry unless its a corporate position.

Sexy Jasper
10-01-2006, 09:23 PM
Alex.

mashqauck
10-01-2006, 09:24 PM
that's my name!

i wouldn't either

DarkEXile
10-01-2006, 09:30 PM
I've got the same thing here. This company called me about a job working on a network, but since I didn't have any "real-life" experience I wasn't qualified enough.

Bloo
10-01-2006, 11:17 PM
Word, don't just settle for any old job. Be pickey but at the same time openminded. By that I mean even if it's not exactily what you want, as long as it's not a job that's beneath you then go for it. But I know what you mean with the whole experience thing. The first three jobs I ever had I got because of who I knew. Now I can go pretty much anywhere and work because of it. So just keep it movin and take the best one.

maestro wooz
10-02-2006, 01:45 AM
look for jobs that take on young people and hire from within, if you do good youll be able to advance and thats where you get the experience to move on.

Locust
10-02-2006, 08:41 AM
dont work at mcdonalds

Cheech Da WildKard
10-02-2006, 02:02 PM

I feel you on that. I was goin' through the same shit. Most employers (out here) don't say it's necessary, just say it's an advantage ...but you know you ain't gonna get the position if somebody with the experience apply.

I got a job in a warehouse regardless though ...Pickin' boxes to order and stickin' 'em on a pallet don't need no experience, a monkey could do it ...so I don't get what they sayin'.

Visionz
10-02-2006, 02:45 PM
If you have an idea of what you're lookin for, try to find entry-level jobs that would qualify as experience for better positions. Knowing someone always help to get your foot in the door for those types of things.

I'm in the process of trying to land a six-figure job based off of experience alone. No college education necessary but I've been workin in the same field for a while now. More than anything you just gotta stay persistent with what you're doing and work your connections whenever you can.

Cheech Da WildKard
10-02-2006, 03:36 PM
I'm going to go to College, startin' next week (supposedly) ...at the one in my city that I'm not banned from. LOL..

Studying a Diploma in Business Studies Level 3 Advanced ..or whatever it's called. Learning bout promotion, marketing, setting up ya own business, retail, etc.

On top of that, I'll be working evenings/nights/ or weekends in a warehouse within the next 2 weeks when they call me.