PDA

View Full Version : Stones Throw - Chrome Children

Wu-Tality
10-03-2006, 01:07 PM
Chrome Children - In Stores NOW!

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1908/chromechildrensw2.jpg

CD: music from Madvillain, J Dilla, Madlib, and many others - this will also be released on 2/LP.
DVD: a full-length live hip hop show headlined by MF DOOM and Madlib. The concert was filmed at this year's SXSW by the Adult Swim crew.
1. Oh No – Oh Zone
2. Guilty Simpson – Clap Your Hands
3. Madlib – Take It Back
4. Koushik – None In Mind
5. J Dilla – Nothing Like This
6. James Pants – Do a Couple of Things
7. Madvillain – Monkey Suite
8. Georgia Anne Muldrow – Simply a Joy
9. M.E.D. - All I Know
10. Dudley Perkins – Wassup World?
11. Percee P & Quasimoto – Raw Heat
12. Jaylib – No $ No Toke (aka "Blaze Up")
13. J.Rocc – Drama
14. Roc C – Movin’
15. Gary Wilson – Dreams
16. Pure Essence – Third Rock
17. Aloe Blacc – What Now
18. Baron Zen – Turned Around (PBW Remix)
19. Young Jazz Rebels - Nino's Deed

oDoUoSoKo
10-03-2006, 09:06 PM
i forgot about it, but i bought monkey suite off itunes maaaad long ago, my fav song of all rite now (in general at the moment not off the album)

sonny getz
10-05-2006, 08:41 PM
I went to get it but the fuckin store didn't have it! Should be a banger though.

Dough Snatcher
10-05-2006, 08:51 PM
That 7. Madvillain – Monkey Suite (http://xxlmag.com/online/?p=3684) is pretty dope. I might cop the album tommorow...(It's pay day anyway...)

oDoUoSoKo
10-05-2006, 08:55 PM
villain hold the mic like hes mean and his tummy hurt

Lil' Ruger
10-05-2006, 08:59 PM
i forgot about it, but i bought monkey suite off itunes maaaad long ago, my fav song of all rite now (in general at the moment not off the album)

love da beat.

RynMur
10-06-2006, 01:41 PM
Monkey Suite hits hard. Nice track by Madlib too

oDoUoSoKo
10-06-2006, 07:05 PM
hows the dilla track?

Wu-Tality
10-08-2006, 06:49 AM
Okay after about 5 days of listenin' this is my biased review

1. Oh No - Oh Zone, I was listening to the chrome mix posted days in advance of the release and I really liked the beat when I heard it. Now the full song is out, its BANGIN! It has that madlib kinda sound, and its like Nelly Furtado is singing Forza in the background really nice. Oh No just promoting his own style in the song 4.5/5
2. Guilty Simpson - Clap your hands, I only know Guilty Simpson tracks where he brings that club kinda music, the bass hits hards and the vocals in the back are ok. But the song is missing something for me, could be the lyrics or the delivery. 3/5
3. Madlib - Take it back, MADLIB !! He comes with some kind of sound that kinda reminds of his tracks with Quasimoto. Too bad Quasimoto is missing in this track. The beat is kinda awkward in a good way, but it gets kinda boring throughout the track. To me it sounds like a "skit" track, but the song is 2:59 minutes long. 3/5
4. Koushik - None In Mind, I never heard of Koushik so this was new to me. Its a track with a strong bass, but it kinda sounded to me like a chill out track. The first part is with some vocals and it ends like an instrumental. I like it but it doesnt really set me in a mood like I expect from instrumental tracks. Ok track though. 3.5/5
5. J Dilla - Nothing Like This, BANGER!! I really like this track for a couple of reasons, it starts with just a typical english voice singing "There is nothing like this". And throughout the song you discover its about the feeling of love. The guitar and drums make a perfect combination 4.5/5

Gonna finish this some other time, so hang on.

Lil' Ruger
10-08-2006, 12:51 PM
That 7. Madvillain – Monkey Suite (http://xxlmag.com/online/?p=3684) is pretty dope. I might cop the album tommorow...(It's pay day anyway...)

if this is tight its going on my albums to buy list along with 4:21 and fishscale.