PDA

View Full Version : books...

WU-JUNKIE760
10-03-2006, 01:33 PM
im currently reading behold a pale horse, and am also intrested in reading soul on ice, and that malcom x book everybody loves, but i dont remeber the name too it. can anybody help me out with the name of it? and also name some other good revolutionarie books. you know to open up the mind. thanks yall.

Visionz
10-03-2006, 01:52 PM
The Autobiography of Malcom X as told to Alex Haley is the one you're looking for. This link will save you the time of waiting for people to respond

http://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24375

the silencer
10-03-2006, 01:55 PM
i read Soul on Ice a few months ago..

theres some wild crazy racist shit in there.....but then there's some unbelievably poetic shit too...its an interesting book...i coodnt put it down..

WU-JUNKIE760
10-03-2006, 02:04 PM
i read Soul on Ice a few months ago..

theres some wild crazy racist shit in there..... what exactly do you mean?

the silencer
10-03-2006, 02:29 PM
i haven't read it in a while but..

the chapter in the end entitled allegory of the black eunuchs or something is kinda weird...and the Muhammad Ali chapter was a little crazy.....thats just the way i felt.

but i've only read it once, havent really had the opportunity to really soak it in..

i liked the chapter on the white race......and all the stuff about his white lawyer that he was in love with was beautifully written

Urban_Journalz
10-03-2006, 11:58 PM
You should pick up "The Motorcycle Diaries" too. It's about when Che Guevara was riding through his country seeing his people suffering and how it affected him.

SaqurakiHanamichi
10-04-2006, 11:49 PM
man todays books are written by non talented ballshit writers. U know what im saying , u gotta go back , And read the greats first , then u can move into this ballshit .

Russian writers German writers , in the 19th century wrote the most amazing books . THey way they wrote it its pure talent . THe way they describe the sun shining on the sea man that shit is pure art...

THe only writer that amazed me is THis guy called Fredrich Nietczhe , he wrote one of the greatest books every writter , "THus spoke zarathustra" every time i read a line from him i get chills , cause this guy is fuken crazy ..

Os3y3ris
10-05-2006, 12:06 AM
Nietzche is brilliant.