PDA

View Full Version : My favorite MC wears a Mask

INF
10-04-2006, 05:24 PM
There always needs to be a D00M thread up in here at all times since he is Wu friendly and is helping revolutionize hip-Hop. Wooz get up in here. You too inspecta check.

ShaDynasty
10-04-2006, 05:28 PM
mf doom and nas need to give respect to mc serch, i never hear them say shit about what he did for their careers
anyway whats doom up to these days? does he have a new joint comin other than swift and changeable?

supremecharma
10-04-2006, 05:30 PM
props. king geedorah

INF
10-04-2006, 05:48 PM
mf doom and nas need to give respect to mc serch, i never hear them say shit about what he did for their careers
anyway whats doom up to these days? does he have a new joint comin other than swift and changeable?

I'm not sure what is up with D's new work because I'm trying to get in contact with Percy right now and it just dont feel right to talk to both of them when this whole shit is going on with the beef. Hopefully after I finish my "how to get it done" mixtape then I will be able to talk with Doom and get the skinny.

Tetsuo
10-04-2006, 05:55 PM
Thank you for starting this thread Infinity. We really do need a Doom thread because there is so much to be said about this guy. Not to hurt anyone's feelings but I prefer Doom over anyone in the clan. For those of you who write him off as some underground nerd rap gimmick, you desperately need to do the knowledge to this dude because he's, hands down, the best thing to come out Hip-Hop in the last ten years. Word up.

The Ghost
10-04-2006, 06:09 PM
Thank you for starting this thread Infinity. We really do need a Doom thread because there is so much to be said about this guy. Not to hurt anyone's feelings but I prefer Doom over anyone in the clan. For those of you who write him off as some underground nerd rap gimmick, you desperately need to do the knowledge to this dude because he's, hands down, the best thing to come out Hip-Hop in the last ten years. Word up.
I agree to a certain degree. I DONT prefer him over the clan. I do agree that he is the best thing to come out of Hip Hop in the last 10 years creatively.

12weLvE
10-04-2006, 07:19 PM
Doom is that nigga...The King of the underground...Peace to DOOM. By the way Chrome Children is out go cop that.

12weLvE
10-04-2006, 07:20 PM
By the way Doom is top 10 Dead or alive..........................yeah I said it.

9th Warrior
10-04-2006, 07:44 PM
Doom is truely an amazing emcee. don't believe me? go listen to every song on Operation: D Day 50 times each and you will see how much he puts into every line.

12weLvE
10-04-2006, 07:47 PM
^^Not to mention, the sick Beats...complete EMCEE: Flow, Lyrics, and makes his own Beats. King Geodarah - Take me to your leader is one of the best produced albums you will ever hear.

maestro wooz
10-04-2006, 08:21 PM
yeah yeah yeah

king geedorah's beats are actually what got me into doom. He was too confusing for me but those beats are so nice i couldnt not listen to them every chance i could for 3 weeks. All doom beats are so original though. Theres no one out there whos songs sound remotely like dooms song. "Niggas who be bitin styles im like pork to". The most original rapper ever. It actually took me until last spring when me and my friend began to understand the doom science. Maybe flow, voice, all that stuff, hes only one of the best, but artisticly, no one is touching doom. He explains the world with metaphors and people just think its gibberish. I feel like on wu forever when rza says "niggas aint even gonna understand it till the year 2g" or whatever. People arent gonna understand what dooms been saying for years. In the year 2050 english proffessors are gonna take dooms verse from "the drop" and have their students write essays on it, seriously. Me and my friend have a runnning bet that by the year 2012 doom will be on top of the world and change hip hop ("With a plan to claim emperor by december"). Why you think he puts most of his albums out of print? Hes creating his legend now. Im clamoring to get mm food and operation doomsday now. Id break down his shit for people but some stuff is only built for cuban linx, "whoever aint get it aint supposed to". I cant say enough about doom, hes light years ahead of everyone else.

Tell em when they come with more topics besides blazers
Enough with the guns already, they're all toys and lames
The joy's in the aim, he asked him, how's ya' poison game?
Do you bust your crossbow? Also, more so
Accurate body blows to torso, thought so
These flows you won't find in no "how-to"

http://www.icecreamman.com/images/thumbs/tmb_051216doom01.jpg

The mask is like Jason, they told the place not to let the basket type case in

maestro wooz
10-04-2006, 09:01 PM
God I Fucking Love Mf Doom

Lil' Ruger
10-04-2006, 09:08 PM
badda bing badda boom all that needs to be said and on adult swin they displayed the tracks on it and u could hjear the beats maybe they'll do it tonight!

GhostfaceThaPharoahe
10-04-2006, 09:11 PM
definately a mozart [to a lesser degree of coarse] of this time

INF
10-04-2006, 09:16 PM
he isnt even human anymore. He transformed a long time ago. Most likely in 99 he became the monster that he is now. I want him and Percy to quit fighting so much cuz when they rejoin its gonna go even further. Energy is everything.

Who the hell is Mr Fantastik????

Lil' Ruger
10-04-2006, 09:20 PM
he isnt even human anymore. He transformed a long time ago. Most likely in 99 he became the monster that he is now. I want him and Percy to quit fighting so much cuz when they rejoin its gonna go even further. Energy is everything.

Who the hell is Mr Fantastik????

dunno and i co-sign the thing about him and percy fighting!

INF
10-04-2006, 09:27 PM
Besides beef rap, something else started that shit. I wanna find out what it is and mediate that shit. I would make a whole album about it if I had my facts straight cuz thats the only way either one of them will listen.

energizer
10-04-2006, 09:33 PM
mr fantastik is the guy whos on Rap Snitch Knishes and that king geedorah song but no one really knows who he is other than those appearances

doom is so critiqued, some people dont like his beats but love his rhymes, some people say he cant rap for shit but makes the best beats

i think hes sick at both
doom is top 10 dead or alive

Razorsharp
10-04-2006, 09:36 PM
i like Doom, but i dont feel he is the most creative... in awhile... i dunno... his style is for some people and some people wont like it... i like him, but not as much as everyone on here... peace tho

Mega La DON
10-04-2006, 09:44 PM
DOOM is mad underated!One of the last of the golden age.Prolly my fav emceehttp://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e234/forrestpump/36chambers.jpg

INF
10-04-2006, 09:46 PM
mr fantastik is the guy whos on Rap Snitch Knishes and that king geedorah song but no one really knows who he is other than those appearances

doom is so critiqued, some people dont like his beats but love his rhymes, some people say he cant rap for shit but makes the best beats

i think hes sick at both
doom is top 10 dead or alive

I know what tracks hes on. I got them all but like you said -nobody knows who he is.

maestro wooz
10-04-2006, 09:56 PM
"off on a tangent, he aint got a cent, supposed to went to management, spent it getting bent"

i remember reading that thats the jist of it, grimm gave doom money to operation doomsday, he drank most of it away, did doomsday and never repaid grimm. Grimm went to jail, doom stopped talking to him and then cut out alot of his stuff from the first MIC album. Just rumor, but it makes sense to me.

INF
10-04-2006, 10:23 PM
Oh shit! Okay, I see now. Percy should know more than anybody that D was having a fucked up time around then. It dont give him the right to fuck him over but what do you think a mind like D was to think in his condition when he found out that there was "another" like him and that he really wasnt alone.

INF
10-04-2006, 10:32 PM
Percy is never gonna forgive him though cuz he proved that you can over come anything and D was just dealing with death around him not death itself. Then again, Percy did say to come back home at the end of the book of Daniel. If it wasnt for Percy's money then do you think Doom would have still became what he is Wooz? This is an ill situation indeed.

rubyspirit
10-04-2006, 10:47 PM
I thought you were talking about Bobby Digital.

INF
10-04-2006, 10:51 PM
I thought you were talking about Bobby Digital.

God , I had faith in Bob Diggi but I think he got too high and forgot about the cause. Cant knock him though cuz I did it too. Good thing I hadnt got on yet though cuz i would have let the world down by now. Shit, the style I bring is only gonna be more benefitial now though. It all makes sense now but while I was going thru it all I wanted to do was die.

xHard to Earnx
10-04-2006, 10:59 PM
A few things:

1. You people are fucking weird.

2. Seriously, this is almost creepy.

3. He's not even that good as far as rapping goes.

4. How many times are you dudes going to make the same thread over and over again?

INF
10-04-2006, 11:01 PM
A few things:

1. You people are fucking weird. Whats weird?

2. Seriously, this is almost creepy. Why?

3. He's not even that good as far as rapping goes. He has broke the mold.

4. How many times are you dudes going to make the same thread over and over again? As many times as it takes to find what I am looking for.

Peace

snapple
10-05-2006, 12:47 AM
lyrically hes got some real ILL shit. some of his production is real nice too

maestro wooz
10-05-2006, 01:07 AM
Nah i dont think doomsday would have been as good as it was without any of grimms money because no matter if doom spent most of it on booze, i dont think he would have really had any at that time. Maybe the album would have just taken longer to come out.

Wu-Tality
10-05-2006, 03:54 AM
Doom has his moments

Iron Man
10-05-2006, 09:54 AM
On a side note when did Zev get that fat?

12weLvE
10-05-2006, 11:06 AM
A few things:

4. How many times are you dudes going to make the same thread over and over again?

Why even post??? This is a Doom appreciation thread.

INF
10-05-2006, 02:47 PM
Oh shit! Wooz, if you got any negative vibes about the above post then please try to put them somewhere like a PM box and not this thread. I can't believe that after all the love you have for Doom that you would say all this but shit, its the internet and sadly ppl can be who ever they see fit to make them comfortable. I dont even wanna know why you would say shit like that.

Those comments were from 04 though.

sonny getz
10-05-2006, 03:06 PM
A few things:

Don't trip.

And....

Props to wu-matic for blowing up wooz's spot.

DOOM is my favorite too. I heard rumors about another Dangerdoom album and 'Madvillainy 2'. What I really want is a new Viktor Vaughn joint, those two were my favorites.

And to anyone who didn't know already, Operation: Doomsday is being re-released by Rhymesayers sometime late 2006/early 2007 on CD and LP.

maestro wooz
10-05-2006, 03:18 PM
haha@"blowing my spot" haha wtf, i said in my first post in this thread that at first he was too confusing for me. Those quotes are from almost 2 years ago and if i remember correctly i had only heard a leaked version of mm food which was like 3 songs and mostly skits. Youre telling me you didnt feel the same way after first hearing doom? It was like 2 weeks later the i got "take me to your leader" and started feeling doom.

ps. wu-matic youre a fucking pixie trickster just trying to stir up trouble

Tetsuo
10-05-2006, 03:33 PM
Yo Doom has maaaad quotables too. Unlike most underground MC's, Doom doesn't try to sound intelligent by rhyming multi-syllabic psuedo-scientific jargon but instead spits silly but complex rhymes.

For instance, "I only play the games that I win at and stay the same with more rhymes than ways to skin cats/Wait allow me to rephrase, with more rhymes than ways to fillet felines in these days."

Or, "Classical slapstick rappers need chapstick." Doom is one of the only MCs who can pull off a line that's meaning is as creative as the way it sounds. I believe GZA, Nas, and Rakim are the only three other rappers to ever even approach Doom in that respect. At the same time he doesn't over saturate his rhymes with "knowledge" that doesn't really equal out to anything.

What annoys me about a lot of these underground dudes is that they're just reactionary and the alternative they offer to mainstream Hip-Hop is usually equally as insipid. But, Doom is a reaction to the entire history of the genre, not just mainstream Hip-Hop.

Doom's whole style is an approach to Hip-Hop from the inside out. His flow is deliberately unprofessional (if you want to even call it a flow, it's more like a spillage). His delivery is lazy and unprepared. His persona is that of both the everyman (a rarity in Hip-Hop) and a self-styled demi-god. His lyrics are a pastiche of slang from the last 60 years, osbscure pop culture references, self-aggrandizing tongue-in-cheek reveries, elusive but biting social commentary, half-conscious narratives, and pure juvenile joy in the incongruent sounds of the English language.

As for the poster who said Doom is weird, you're goddamned right he's weird. Weird is what Hip-Hop needs today. You think nine inner city black men calling themselves the Wu-Tang Clan wasn't weird? You think when Rakim emerged, completely changing every aspect of the genre, people didn't think it was weird? You think when Hip-Hop itself became a phenomenon, people didn't think it was weird? Mostly every great artist in history was considered weird.

I didn't mean to write this much, but Doom represents the future of Hip-Hop and enough is written about how Hip-Hop is dying.

energizer
10-05-2006, 04:15 PM
Don't trip.

And....

Props to wu-matic for blowing up wooz's spot.

DOOM is my favorite too. I heard rumors about another Dangerdoom album and 'Madvillainy 2'. What I really want is a new Viktor Vaughn joint, those two were my favorites.

And to anyone who didn't know already, Operation: Doomsday is being re-released by Rhymesayers sometime late 2006/early 2007 on CD and LP.

whats your source on the re release, you know its been said numerous times

Wu-Tality
10-05-2006, 05:59 PM
Nicely put Tetsuo

sonny getz
10-05-2006, 07:06 PM
I don't have one, I just heard from a friend who's a reliable source on the matter. I'm hoping he's right about this one...

maestro wooz
10-06-2006, 02:45 AM
"Speak with criminal slang"

yeah, i know some people who really love dangerdoom but ive never really been able to get into it, just cause i know his other stuff is alot better. I dont mind that he did that but i hope hes saving all his best shit for the next vik vaughn album and the next madvillian one.

INF
10-06-2006, 01:16 PM
He said some important things on Dangerdoom as well wooz. Real important shit. Just because it was Smeared all over the TV doesnt mean that there was no knowledge behind it. Dangermouse has become untouchable. Every project he does is gold. It aint because of his asso. w/ Doom. Dangermouse is just ill.

deadlymelody
10-06-2006, 06:32 PM
Madvillainy is one of the most cleverly induced albums i've ever heard in hip-hop. I think MF Doom is the best thing in hip-hop at this moment.

J.T.S.
10-06-2006, 07:03 PM
Madvillans the shit son!!

supremecharma
10-06-2006, 07:17 PM
you gotta be lovin KMD aswel

SHRAP
10-06-2006, 07:20 PM
Fuck Doom

supremecharma
10-06-2006, 07:21 PM
ooo no thanks

12weLvE
10-06-2006, 07:26 PM
Right now I am listining to Tick Tick from Operation Doomsday and I am going fucking CRAZY!!!!

INF
10-06-2006, 08:04 PM
Fuck Doom

"Fuck Doom" = "I am scared of change and unwilling to learn"

It is what it is.

12weLvE
10-06-2006, 08:50 PM
Fuck Doom

Why must this always happen on this site???

INF
10-06-2006, 08:54 PM
Why must this always happen on this site???

because ignorance is abundant. Hate fuels it and hate is slowly running out of gas these days so will do anything to keep going. that is why things a so gross these days. When it is the worst then you are soon to see the best.

INF
10-06-2006, 11:03 PM
Its a sad day when one of the founding fathers or should I say first financial backers of the hip-hop movement, become the enemy. I just added Def Jam to the list of ppl whos gonna get it. I'm callin mf's out. I'm bout to name names and all that shit and Def Jam is on the list. Its time that ppl look at what they doin to the kids.They been corrupting the youth way too long. I'm a product of it and so is everybody else. We never knew any fuckin better cause we had the shit crammed down our throats. If you tired of being brainwashed then you will stand up right now to and help with the cause. I'm gonna help organize things to turn the media around and help save the kids. Its gonna take years but its gonna be the biggest most positve revolt that ever showed outcome. I just figured it all out today. Its always been there but there was clouds. not no more. It aint that we gotta censor ourselves. Its gonna be pretty ugly at first but in the end its gonna be beautiful. Life is about progress. We only goin backwards and whats fucked up is that we have technology that was handed to us from outside sources and we still bein fucked up. I dont want it to be like in my sig. Thats whats gonna happen all over if we keep letting it go on. I aint gonna look the other way while the media controls and influences not only myself but my son and others family to be monsters. Fuck death. Its all about life. Everything that the media controls us with and entertains or stimulates us with results in death. Fuck that. Yes, its true, we all die at one point or another. There is something greater though. All throughout recorded music there has been a vibration of the message of something greater. Lets bring it. Lets get this done. For better times. Better times.

Dough Snatcher
10-06-2006, 11:15 PM
My favorite MC use to wear a mask...(Wow that shit was corny even for my taste)

But yeah co-sign on the whole Doom threads being up around here, same goes for Nas, Mobb Deep, and Busta...

Jesus Christ
10-07-2006, 07:39 PM
Doom's cool and all but........

still coming

almost there

Get off his dick!

UNCLE RUCKUS
10-08-2006, 11:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAkJH0ufkCM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaQkfYJoC3M

Yeah; MF Doom is one of the best ever! The first thing I heard was Operation Doomsday; but I didnt get into Doom til I got the MF split with Grimm. Vaudeville Villain is classic, that album had so much creativity and I really like him as Viktor Vaughn. Madvillain was great too; I got both the leaked version and the official and I love both. The shit I listent to the most tho is the Special Herbs series; incredible shit! Cant wait for Ghostdoom!

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
10-08-2006, 11:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAkJH0ufkCM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaQkfYJoC3M

Yeah; MF Doom is one of the best ever! The first thing I heard was Operation Doomsday; but I didnt get into Doom til I got the MF split with Grimm. Vaudeville Villain is classic, that album had so much creativity and I really like him as Viktor Vaughn. Madvillain was great too; I got both the leaked version and the official and I love both. The shit I listent to the most tho is the Special Herbs series; incredible shit! Cant wait for Ghostdoom!

bAkJH0ufkCM
xaQkfYJoC3M

we can embedd videos now on this forum

UNCLE RUCKUS
10-08-2006, 11:31 AM
Thanks ^Sun Tzu; didnt realize ^^^^

Longbongcilvaringz
10-08-2006, 12:19 PM
XR6IK7AgvqI

The Ghost
10-08-2006, 02:42 PM
Madvillain 2........