PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on papoose

Lil' Ruger
10-04-2006, 09:07 PM
he is the one that i think cud help hip hop he just needs to make something with lots of hype that everyone knows about a sick album.

TSA
10-04-2006, 10:56 PM
papoose it the future, absolute flame, and a lyrical genius, he's the modern enterpretation of a lot of the old greats and if new yorks gonna come back he's probably the only one i see bringing it back right now.

INF
10-04-2006, 10:58 PM
That style is old. its about the same as if you rap about shittin ur pants but you do it real fly like

snapple
10-04-2006, 11:46 PM
he's a beast. needs an offical LP though...

Bone Collecta
10-05-2006, 01:30 AM
fuck papoose

snapple
10-05-2006, 09:17 AM
Bone collector what tramatic experience made you hate new york so much? you come here and get played or someshit?

renagade410
10-05-2006, 10:05 AM
he aite alot of ppl try to compare him to big L and say he's the next big L and we all know that he can NEVER fill those shoes papoose=overrated

12weLvE
10-05-2006, 10:46 AM
He doesnt really call my name. Average NYC mixtape MC at most.

Smif-N-Wessun
10-05-2006, 10:52 AM
pap is nice as hell, he could light up this watered down industry...hopefully he'll never sell out

Lil' Ruger
10-05-2006, 10:53 AM
he aite alot of ppl try to compare him to big L and say he's the next big L and we all know that he can NEVER fill those shoes papoose=overrated

this generation overrates him bcuz they say fuck wu and BCC and stuff cuz they "old" but he's new and i guess thats what they like smgdh.

Smif-N-Wessun
10-05-2006, 10:54 AM
and if new yorks gonna come back he's probably the only one i see bringing it back right now.

saigon will be on the front line too:spin:

Lil' Ruger
10-05-2006, 11:02 AM
^^^ we all know something's gonna happen soon i mean if this next clan album is flames they could turn they whole career around if just 1-2 hot songs getr some radio play then they could bounce back and i hope they do. and then put out diss tracks on all these fake hip hop niggas.

snapple
10-05-2006, 11:38 AM

most people on internet hiphop fourms aren't real heads, it's a rare thing. i've been registerd to 8 different hiphop fourms, and this is the only one i post on. this site is blessed with some real heads. have YOU honestly heard in REAL LIFE anyone EVER compare big L to papoose? theyre so different....headz recognize biters and unoriginal dudes beleive me...they're both hardcore rappers, so a lot of morons on these fourms who aren't real heads are like "oh hardcore rap" and are so quick to label. Papoose is that dude. he is really holding it down for brooklyn. A&Rs have been fiening for him since they know too and he could have been signed a long time ago if he chose too. Pap has been in it for years, he's not OG or anything don't get me wrong but dude has microphone experience and has an understanding of hiphop.

haters hate. thats really what it comes down too. so many people on this website talk so much shit, and a lot of times, when you call them on it, they have no reasoning behind it and can't backup their statements. they're just running their mouths. people on this website are so quick to judge it's not even funny.

anyway i'll keep it brief since if you type more then a few sentences it upsets some people, but you ARE REALLY SLEEPING ON PAPOOSE. you should check the catalauge, buy the dvds, find out about the crew, and then decide for yourself. and don't kick this opinion bullshit all these fourm crossover fake rap head nerdy motherfuckers always come at me with, hiphop is subjective, yes i agree, BUT it is to a certain extent. imagine a tier level, and if you are a visual learner imagine a pyrmaid ok. the bottom of the pyrmaid is a lot of what you kids seem to catagaorize as "mainstream", or as i call it fake hiphop. Silk the shocker would be a rapper a part of the base of the pyrmaid. no matter how you look at it, as a rapper he is dirt. that is a rapper i think real heads, backpackers, whatever will agree upon. and the base of the pyrmaid is the biggest, theres an unbeliveable ammount of people who rap that suck absolute dick. it's subjective when you're comparing silk to another base pyrmaid rapper. then it is opnion. but the smallest part of the pyramid, the top, only has room for like under a few hundred MCs in the world. it's opnion if one would be saying rakim was the god or GZA, thats a legitiment argument. they're on the same tier. comparing bums to kings you know?

so it really isn't fair for you to hate on papoose and kick that bullshit about big L. you're reaching for a reason to hate on papoose. people shouldn't be so quick to judge artists, pap is ill, and i guess a lot are sleeping, you can't compare a legend to papoose it's just illogical.

Lil' Ruger
10-05-2006, 11:46 AM
i know i never did but pap does he have an album i want pap to make on and rick ross and of course i cant w8 for the clan album.

Bone Collecta
10-05-2006, 01:17 PM
Bone collector what tramatic experience made you hate new york so much? you come here and get played or someshit?

i dont hate NY. papoose is nothin special, his voice is annoying, and hes a typical rapper from ny that talks about coke and guns. Pap wont make a good album

Lupe >>>>>>> Pap

do you just dickride every NY rapper?

snapple
10-05-2006, 01:27 PM
not at all. belive me i know there is more then a handful of wack NY MCs...i could play your game and call out chicago MCs who talk about coke and guns, but that doesn't matter to me i don't feel music based off the content i go by delivery and structure but hey thats me

Bone Collecta
10-05-2006, 03:13 PM
chicago is more diverse than yall

we have alot of everything

and did i say i listened to them ppls in chicago who talk about coke and guns? nope

renagade410
10-05-2006, 04:00 PM
most people on internet hiphop fourms aren't real heads, it's a rare thing. i've been registerd to 8 different hiphop fourms, and this is the only one i post on. this site is blessed with some real heads. have YOU honestly heard in REAL LIFE anyone EVER compare big L to papoose? theyre so different....headz recognize biters and unoriginal dudes beleive me...they're both hardcore rappers, so a lot of morons on these fourms who aren't real heads are like "oh hardcore rap" and are so quick to label. Papoose is that dude. he is really holding it down for brooklyn. A&Rs have been fiening for him since they know too and he could have been signed a long time ago if he chose too. Pap has been in it for years, he's not OG or anything don't get me wrong but dude has microphone experience and has an understanding of hiphop.

haters hate. thats really what it comes down too. so many people on this website talk so much shit, and a lot of times, when you call them on it, they have no reasoning behind it and can't backup their statements. they're just running their mouths. people on this website are so quick to judge it's not even funny.

anyway i'll keep it brief since if you type more then a few sentences it upsets some people, but you ARE REALLY SLEEPING ON PAPOOSE. you should check the catalauge, buy the dvds, find out about the crew, and then decide for yourself. and don't kick this opinion bullshit all these fourm crossover fake rap head nerdy motherfuckers always come at me with, hiphop is subjective, yes i agree, BUT it is to a certain extent. imagine a tier level, and if you are a visual learner imagine a pyrmaid ok. the bottom of the pyrmaid is a lot of what you kids seem to catagaorize as "mainstream", or as i call it fake hiphop. Silk the shocker would be a rapper a part of the base of the pyrmaid. no matter how you look at it, as a rapper he is dirt. that is a rapper i think real heads, backpackers, whatever will agree upon. and the base of the pyrmaid is the biggest, theres an unbeliveable ammount of people who rap that suck absolute dick. it's subjective when you're comparing silk to another base pyrmaid rapper. then it is opnion. but the smallest part of the pyramid, the top, only has room for like under a few hundred MCs in the world. it's opnion if one would be saying rakim was the god or GZA, thats a legitiment argument. they're on the same tier. comparing bums to kings you know?

so it really isn't fair for you to hate on papoose and kick that bullshit about big L. you're reaching for a reason to hate on papoose. people shouldn't be so quick to judge artists, pap is ill, and i guess a lot are sleeping, you can't compare a legend to papoose it's just illogical.

you got what i said COMPLETLY wrong i never said papoose was weak just overrated i heard some of his material and he's good but there are way better ppl out there and for me im very critical as to who i label as a great mc(but all great mc's have cd's and pap has........) and your right i've only heard the comparision to big L on the internet but thats because basically NOBODY IN MY AREA EVEN KNOWS WHO BIG L IS and not too many ppl know of/care for papoose(he's basically only known for that touch it rmx here and alphabetical slaughter) i heard all this hype about him online so i listend to alphabetical slaughter it was AITE but blackalicious had been used that idea(so much for papoose originality) and i heard him on talib kweli's the beast and wasnt impressed im not saying that he can spit but come on do u really think he's thats good?????? compared to 50 and these commercial acts yea but i only listen to real lyrical shit and on that level papoose is just average to me