PDA

View Full Version : Jean Claude Van Damme

the8stricker
07-11-2005, 11:24 PM
I have this agrument with my brother all the time about Van Damme's movies. He always says that his movies are poor and don't deserve tv time that USA Network, Spike TV and other networks give him. To me his movie's are great and the action is the reason to watch it. I understand that his movie's are that dense with a storyline but they're still there. Everyone says the action scenes are repeatitive, who cares? Its better than watching all these other martial art movies with people jumping around on strings and launching 20ft up in the air! Van Damme's greatest movies are Bloodsport and Double Impact and both of these have good enough storylines. What's the real problem with Van Damme's movies?

Hayabusa
07-11-2005, 11:27 PM
I got no problem with his movies. He my fav martial arts actor. Been watchin his shit since I was a little kid.

Skellington
07-12-2005, 04:00 AM
Van Damme's movies aren't.....realy good, I enjoy watchin' them tho, but....I dunno how to say it, it's more like kids stuff.he's this dude kids look up to, like Schwarzeneger was u know. That's the way I see it.

Tage
07-12-2005, 05:48 AM
lol, i get what ya mean. Van Damme has been voted the worst actor in the world.. haha

but i still got most of his films.. lol, he makes dope films, i love them. Kickboxer, Bloodsport, Hard Target, Double Team.. they all dope.

iNtell3kT
07-12-2005, 05:51 AM
i think hes a lil on the homosexual side

TheMASSIVE
07-12-2005, 05:53 AM
Word, Kickboxer & Bloodsport will forever be classic in my opinion… I like Van Damme, even though he’s a washed up, wife-beating, alcoholic!

Tage
07-12-2005, 06:07 AM
^lmao.... and you thinki he's gay 7th? i could say the same about you...

Ronin
07-12-2005, 07:13 AM
universal solider is awesome, i gre up watching that

the one where the guy from aliens is trying to kill him is dope, like a bounty hunter game or something

100pr00f
07-12-2005, 07:49 AM
i like somne of his movies.....when i was a kid i would watch his shit all the time.....

my faves are

lion hart
universal solider
the one were he has a twin...i forget the name
and the one were he is in jail...and gets beat up alot

Skellington
07-12-2005, 12:13 PM
He's good actor for those type of movies, but those movies are meaningless...

I liked his movies alot when I was young, espescially cause he's from Belgium aswell, I kinda looked up to him.

But I grew out of his genre pretty early, basicly it's all the same, if you saw one movie of him, you seen 'em all. My favorites are:

-The Quest
-Bloodsport
-Hard Target

iNtell3kT
07-12-2005, 04:05 PM
^lmao.... and you thinki he's gay 7th? i could say the same about you...u could? so why didnt you?..shh your a dipshit..dont say nothing..what are going accomplish? nothing man...give it up....just shut up

Knok-A-Fella
07-13-2005, 10:39 AM
his best movie was kickboxer it showed his talent to the fullest

brilliant martial artist

Bless ,1

PowerHouseKickout
07-13-2005, 10:55 AM
i think he's a bad actor, that's why i like him!! it's always a pleasure to see him acting like that. (remember the last scene of bloodsport when he is blinded by aspirin or some shit...classic!)

TheMASSIVE
07-13-2005, 05:20 PM
The first movie I saw with Van Damme in it was No Retreat, No Surrender, then Bloodsport, Cyborg, Kickboxer, Lionheart, Death Warrant, Double Impact, Universal Soldier, Nowhere to Run, Hard Target, Timecop, Street Fighter, Sudden Death, The Quest, Maximum Risk, Double Team, Knock Off, Legionnaire, then Universal Soldier: The Return... That was the last Van Damme movie I watched... After that I just lost interest in him. Around the same time I discovered Jet Li in 98' in LW4... Then I was all about Jet Li, I went and started buying up all Jet's flicks, and I started buying old school Shaw Brothers films n shit like Shaolin vs Wu-Tang, Master Killer, 5 deadly Venoms, etc... I know Van Damme has made about 7 movies since then but I just lost interest in his movies... I still like him though, I grew up on that cat... Him, Bruce, Chuck, n Seagal. He should swallow his pride and accept a role as a villain in one of Jackie or Jet's movies!

Professor Poopsnagle
07-13-2005, 05:23 PM
i was a diehardvandammefan with 12 or so. i still love bloodsport. buuuut i think now he sucks....his movies got so bad they dont come into cinemas! he is a bad actor.

TheMASSIVE
07-14-2005, 03:16 PM
Actually I think he has the potential to make a great Gambit in X-Men!

HANZO
07-14-2005, 04:39 PM
he is a bad actor but i dont care his movie are enjoyable. look schwarzernegger is a bad actor but i enjoy watching his movies more than the actor who win oscars. van damme is a brilliant martial artist no doubting dat

Tage
07-15-2005, 12:55 PM
u could? so why didnt you?..shh your a dipshit..dont say nothing..what are going accomplish? nothing man...give it up....just shut up
^your a hypocrit saying that van-damme looks gay, when your the classic gay fat kid who couldn't get any girls....

why do you provoke me with those faggot lame posts...

iNtell3kT
07-15-2005, 01:23 PM
^your a hypocrit saying that van-damme looks gay, when your the classic gay fat kid who couldn't get any girls....

why do you provoke me with those faggot lame posts...what makes u think your shit? man, i'll fuck your mom if i lived in London or whatever jsut for saying that

100pr00f
07-15-2005, 01:25 PM
y u got to say shit like that..y u gots to brings the moms into the beef

ironwizard
07-17-2005, 05:00 PM
the one were he has a twin...i forget the name

Van Damme has made like four movies where he has a twin.. or at least a replicant...

iNtell3kT
07-17-2005, 06:21 PM
y u got to say shit like that..y u gots to brings the moms into the beefcause she raised and stupid child

Godess
07-18-2005, 01:41 PM
CRAZY movies.
He's from Belgium.

http://simplythebest.net/sounds/WAV/WAV_files/movie_WAV_files/beback.wav

Butter
07-18-2005, 03:44 PM
his with the twin is double impact.

100pr00f
07-18-2005, 05:13 PM
thats it

the8stricker
07-18-2005, 10:10 PM
I can't accept Van Damme being a villian in a Jackie Chan or Jet Li flick. It would be a dramatic change from the rest of his productions. I couldn't accept that, espeically not a Jet Li joint. The only time I accepted Jet Li was in Lethal Weapon 4. The rest of his movies like The One was incredibly dumb. I hate when I see martial art flicks with action scenes when they fly up in the air.

Later movies though of Van Damme wern't that good. I'd admit that because The Replicant and Universal Soldier: The Return were terrible movies. I'm really looking forward to his next movie The Kumite.

netscape check two
07-19-2005, 01:03 AM
He reminds me of Chuck Norris. A great person to make fun of.

TheMASSIVE
07-19-2005, 02:02 AM
I can't accept Van Damme being a villian in a Jackie Chan or Jet Li flick. It would be a dramatic change from the rest of his productions. I couldn't accept that, espeically not a Jet Li joint. The only time I accepted Jet Li was in Lethal Weapon 4. The rest of his movies like The One was incredibly dumb. I hate when I see martial art flicks with action scenes when they fly up in the air.
Taking into consideration how you “hate it when they fly up in the air"… And noticing how you only mentioned 'The One' as your basis of “hate”, I seriously suggest you watch...

Fist of Legend
Unleashed a.k.a. Danny the Dog
Kiss of the Dragon
The Master
Born to Defense
Dragon Fight
Shaolin Temple 1, 2, & 3

… Then you will be able to make a better assessment as to whether or not you "accept" Jet Li.

the8stricker
07-19-2005, 11:53 PM
Taking into consideration how you “hate it when they fly up in the air"… And noticing how you only mentioned 'The One' as your basis of “hate”, I seriously suggest you watch...

Fist of Legend
Unleashed a.k.a. Danny the Dog
Kiss of the Dragon
The Master
Born to Defense
Dragon Fight
Shaolin Temple 1, 2, & 3

… Then you will be able to make a better assessment as to whether or not you "accept" Jet Li.

Yea, but that one flick when Jet Li was in France. That was real nice, especially that the scene in the office cubicals. But I've seen many clips from his other movies and they're not what I consider to see. But, these movies that you've listed I'll try to hit up and get peak at them.

TheMASSIVE
07-21-2005, 01:52 AM
Yea, but that one flick when Jet Li was in France. That was real nice, especially that the scene in the office cubicals. But I've seen many clips from his other movies and they're not what I consider to see. But, these movies that you've listed I'll try to hit up and get peak at them.
Yeah, that was 'Kiss of the Dragon'... Dope flick. 'Unleashed' a.k.a. 'Danny the Dog' comes out this October on DVD, Jet Li's best flick ever! He really shows off his acting chops as Danny the Dog, and takes Martial Arts Movies to a whole new level. Besides those, the one I recommend the most if you like good martial arts sequences is 'Fist of Legend', it's a remake of Bruce Lee's old 'Fist of Fury' a.k.a. 'Chinese Connection'... In my opinion 'Fist of Legend' is the best martial arts movie from Jet Li so far... But ‘Unleashed’ a.k.a. 'Danny the Dog’ is a better movie overall, it’s not really a martial arts movie, it’s really a Drama with tiny bits of humor that uses martial arts to enhance the story-telling. At first your thinking “kick ass action” then you start to take a turn down a different road where you become emotionally invested in his character, you feel bad for him and you want to help him… If you only watch one Jet Li movie in all your life-time, let it be ‘Unleashed’ a.k.a. ‘Danny the Dog’… But all the one’s I listed are dope flicks, check em’ out!!!

Tage
07-21-2005, 01:12 PM
cause she raised and stupid child
7th i would fucking kill you if you provoked me while in my country, stop bsing and you a faggot for bringin my mum into this... you couldnt do shiit about anything, and u think my mum would even speak to a fat piece of shit like you... who looks gay

hahahaha, had to be said... and you are sad having that quote about Tuco in your sig....

anything you wanna say to me, pm me.. i cba to fuck up more thread...

AND THIS A VAN DAMME ONE..

VAN DAMME IS THE MAN!!!!!

iNtell3kT
07-21-2005, 02:03 PM
7th i would fucking kill you if you provoked me while in my country, stop bsing and you a faggot for bringin my mum into this... you couldnt do shiit about anything, and u think my mum would even speak to a fat piece of shit like you... who looks gay

hahahaha, had to be said... and you are sad having that quote about Tuco in your sig....

anything you wanna say to me, pm me.. i cba to fuck up more thread...

AND THIS A VAN DAMME ONE..

VAN DAMME IS THE MAN!!!!! ok Wutage, your a badass...u made your point, now stop quoting me liek you got shit to prove

TUCO
07-21-2005, 03:09 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/TucsZilla/ugay4.jpg

PEACE

iNtell3kT
07-21-2005, 03:13 PM
Hahahahhahhaha

BRONZBODY
07-21-2005, 05:38 PM
"you bleed like mai ling....mai ling goooood fuck"!!!!!!-tong po

Tage
07-21-2005, 07:45 PM
^ I LOVE THAT LINE...beast!

Van Damme replies...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

haha

Butter
07-21-2005, 07:48 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! cut the ropes, trust me!

lowkeysaid
07-21-2005, 07:51 PM
"i aint yr pal, DICKFACE" --- ray jackson ------thats a classic quote right there

Tage
07-21-2005, 08:17 PM
^yeh and "O.K. U.S.A."

lol, the wierd lookin bloke when they first get to the kumitai

Butter
07-21-2005, 08:26 PM
'no dont do it, he was kicking one of these with his leg! *HIYAAAAAAH*'

impression of tong po on the pillar to his brother.

lmao.

the8stricker
07-22-2005, 04:51 PM
The all time funniest scene of Van Damme is the bar brawl in Kickboxer where he's dancing. Did this fella just do the splits? LMAO
Yeah, and in Double Impact too. I was really feel'n this line, made the story more deep.
"Grim . . . your dead . . . you hear me! Your dead!"

I know its 1988, but that choice of music in Bloodsport when Van Damme is seing visons of Chong Li in the train was crazy. My brother always jokes about that kat sing'n. My man's was sing'n his heart out though.

TheMASSIVE
07-22-2005, 05:27 PM
The all time funniest scene of Van Damme is the bar brawl in Kickboxer where he's dancing.Yeah that shit was hilarious!

Big Bad Man
07-23-2005, 05:10 PM
Ahahaha. I know the dude cant fight in the real world but hes a good actor n keeps it real. Ima fan of kickboxer, bloodsport, universal soldier n AWOL. Gotta give him some credit coz at least his shit is done in real speed n he doesnt do flying overhead uppercut helicopter kicks 20ft in the air n shit.

Big Bad Man
07-23-2005, 05:12 PM
Tong Po n Chong Li shoulda done him though.

the8stricker
07-23-2005, 11:45 PM
Big Bad Man, are u sayn that Chong Li and Tong Po should've dealt with Van Damme?

We all know as Van Damme fans, when he gets charged like a socket over revenge he's invincible and and gets at whomever that is in his path. Tong Po seemed invincible from kicking down a ceiling pole with his shin in the lockeroom. If anything I don't know how Van Damme pulled off that victory. Van Damme probably had more anger built up, because Tong Po put his brother in a wheel chair for life.

Anger and revenge is obvious, and is what gases Van Damme's tank.

Knok-A-Fella
07-24-2005, 09:58 AM
"this guy is crazy, he's fukin crazy, trust me, dont do it, TRUST ME" - Van damme to his bruv in kikboxer b4 he gets his bak broke

i study muay thai and i bet that wen u saw tong po kikin the shit outta that pillar you was like SHIT, The pillar is plaster, if u wanna see something u should see real muay thai masters kikin the shit out of metal poles, BARE LEGGED, then u'll b shoked

as i study it i can kik objects with my shins and hit tings wit my elbows and it not bother me but im not at a level where i can kik metal poles as hard as i can without flinchin

BIG BAD MAN can u do any of this shit, as ur the only person i no on this site who does muay thai like me, just curious

and have u ever used your skills to dismantle someones face in a fight

Bless, 1

the8stricker
07-24-2005, 04:51 PM
A metal pole?

Knok-A-Fella if you can, post a link of muay thai training.

Big Bad Man
07-25-2005, 01:31 PM
"this guy is crazy, he's fukin crazy, trust me, dont do it, TRUST ME" - Van damme to his bruv in kikboxer b4 he gets his bak broke

i study muay thai and i bet that wen u saw tong po kikin the shit outta that pillar you was like SHIT, The pillar is plaster, if u wanna see something u should see real muay thai masters kikin the shit out of metal poles, BARE LEGGED, then u'll b shoked

as i study it i can kik objects with my shins and hit tings wit my elbows and it not bother me but im not at a level where i can kik metal poles as hard as i can without flinchin

BIG BAD MAN can u do any of this shit, as ur the only person i no on this site who does muay thai like me, just curious

and have u ever used your skills to dismantle someones face in a fight

Bless, 1
Honestly, any properly conditioned muay thai fighter should be able to do that without pain. What happens basically is you fuck up the nerves that lie between the gastronemius / soleus muscles and the bone. When they go your shins are kinda desensitized. So aye I can. But I wont lie, when I do that shit for demos n that Im sore the next few days due to bruising. It dont hurt doing it but bruises come and you cant train as much. Shin splints come and go now and then too. Best thing for kickin is lether pads n heavy bags.

Thai pads were designed coz back in the days when Thailand (Siam) fought Burma they basically attacked each other in trainin with the science of 8 limbs (muay thai) and the other had to defend with his arms. Eventually they realised about the bruising shit n couldnt train as much. So they ripped off banana skins and tied em round their forearms, so when other attacked it never bruised, but u still felt it therefore got conditioned. So even the founders of the art knew about that shit. This is how Thai pads later came into effect to replace banana skins, even though people today hold pads to be kicked, until they meet a real muay thai fighter who holds a pad to defend a kick get me? Also reason how the "banana tree kickin" myth came about.

I can kick fuck outta doors, trees etc wit my shins aye. But I only do it if I dont have anything upcomin u know? Games of football, trainin or whatever. I prefer kickin baseball bats coz u get a clean break n the shit looks ticallllll. Hahaha. Had to do that to aquire my red kruang ruang (master of muay thai) even though I dont believe in gradings n want the sport to be pure muay thai as in Thailand but anyhow.

Surprisingly, I havent got to use muay thai as much as ud expect in street fights. It sounds tacky to say "I wanna smash some1 with a shin right to the dome n give em brain damage" but the truth is we all do wanna do some damage wit the shit. When you learn the basics like proper jabs wit power, front knees to the face, clinch, sprawls to keep up, low kicks, downward elbows to the temple etc; you usually find that fights wit the average untrained dude on the street are much quicker than expected. Thats a good hing though I guess. I usually end up just wrappin dudes in a clinch, underhook their arms to make sure they cant pull out any weapon, n smash em up with knees till they drop, bounce on their face till I know their night is over. No bullshit, coz it works :yes: But aye, a few people who REALLY deserved it have got full power shins to the head fae me and when their heads fuck off the ground wit a bang I cant lie man, its quite orgasmic hahaha.

BRONZBODY
07-25-2005, 01:35 PM
that shit is ill,but i study tkd...sorry dudes

you break my record,now i break you,like i break your friend.......

Big Bad Man
07-25-2005, 01:38 PM
that shit is ill,but i study tkd...sorry dudes

you break my record,now i break you,like i break your friend.......
lmfao.

BRONZBODY
07-25-2005, 01:49 PM
love that fuking quote chong li is da illest...some one needs to make a bloodsport game or somthin

Big Bad Man
07-25-2005, 06:32 PM
love that fuking quote chong li is da illest...some one needs to make a bloodsport game or somthin
They were gonna till Frankie Dux's real life credibility got shattered by some lightweight mma dude in a nightclub.

the8stricker
07-26-2005, 03:11 PM
Yea, now I know a little something about muay thai. But I'll never attempt shin kicking.

Good looks on that Big Bad Man

Tage
07-27-2005, 10:05 AM
The all time funniest scene of Van Damme is the bar brawl in Kickboxer where he's dancing. Did this fella just do the splits? LMAO
Yeah, and in Double Impact too. I was really feel'n this line, made the story more deep.
"Grim . . . your dead . . . you hear me! Your dead!"

I know its 1988, but that choice of music in Bloodsport when Van Damme is seing visons of Chong Li in the train was crazy. My brother always jokes about that kat sing'n. My man's was sing'n his heart out though.

yeh the pub scene in kickboxer is classic!

'Why those guys so 'piss' at me?

'I tell them, you say their mothers have sex with muuule..'

LMFAO