PDA

View Full Version : Cryptic One / Atoms family

INF
10-06-2006, 03:55 PM
Heard this guy at my homeboys and was blown away. First off hes all about some 42 and I thought that I was the only one. I still aint seen Hitchhikers Guild. I cant find any info on this guy though and my homie didnt know much. anybody got any info???

INF
10-07-2006, 11:16 AM
....we always talkin bout underground artist. Well , I named one so whats up? Aint nobody heard cryptic one? or the atoms family?

maestro wooz
10-07-2006, 03:53 PM
nah never heard of them, whats their deal? where they from, who the down with?

CID DIGITAL
10-26-2006, 12:26 PM
Cyptic one - DAy by Day Bio
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Retaining the independent NYC scene along side underground hip hop notables such as El-P, Aesop Rock, Cannibal Ox and Yeshua DaPoed, comes now the emergence of iconic Atoms Family's very own Cryptic One. A solo premiere, "Anti-Mobius Strip Theory" is nothing short of instant devastation upon introduction to Cryptic One's debut. "Anti-Mobius Strip Theory' is a dreamland where Cryptic One touches upon emotional landscapes cultivated with irony, passages in and throughout time cycling life themes and linear comparatives and contrasts. Known to rock the mic quite effortlessly, "Anti-Mobius Strip Theory," evidences Cryptic's long-awaited return to the MC community. Such lines as,"Life’s a bill, time is money, how much do you have left? I stretch time partially paying all my bills til death collects" put the ear on notice, this is aural build-up to a listening climax.

The majority of the production his handled by Cryptic One himself, but he also enlists the help of long time friends including Blockhead, known for his skillful production with Aesop Rock(Def Jux) and a recent instrumental release on Ninjatune; Blueprint, of Soul Position(Rhymesayers) and Weightless Records; and fellow Atoms Family mate, Jestoneart, soon to also release a solo album;. With alliances of this accord, Cryptic plants the seeds of verse immaculately articulated among the grains of their production and that of his own genius, apt for widespread harvest.

With a past founded on the success of Cryptic's sole production release of the 1996 underground cult-favorite "Centa of Da Web: Beyond Human Comprehension," other past contributions include earmarks such as a guest appearance on Cannibal Ox's highly-acclaimed album, "Cold Vein," on the song "Atom," as well as Atoms Family's "Mic Molest," track contribution to Definitive Jux Presents 2. All of the work efforts of Atoms Family have earned them a pioneered respect within the hip hop community. Most notably, for Cryptic One, Urb Magazine listed him in their "Next 100" in 2002 as well as his entire crew Atoms Family getting listed in Urb Magazines "Next 100" in 2001.

Though Cryptic has shared stage presence with such artists such as El-P, Cannibal Ox, Aesop Rock, Mr. Lif, MF Doom, Aceyalone, Living Legends, Atmosphere, Cage, Necro, Murs, Freestyle Fellowship, Percee P, and Cannibus among the many.

"The Anti-Mobius Strip Theory"

noel411
10-26-2006, 07:37 PM
He has an album titled "The Anti-Mobius Strip Theory" and it is one of the most valued albums in my roughly 1000 strong hip hop album collection. If you like worthwile lyrics, go and BUY it NOW. If you like your typical worthless bullshit that is 99% of modern hip hop, then forget about it.

noel411
10-26-2006, 07:43 PM
The Atoms Fam albums are good too, but some of the crew are admittedly kinda weak. Vast Aire drops some of his best verses on these albums, and there's good spots by Cryptic and Vordul Mega as well as some others. Also some great atmospheric beats. Both well worth checking out.

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-26-2006, 08:03 PM
I brought Vast Aires album when it came out and he was saying atoms family all over it but he wasnt as strong as on Cannibal Ox so I lost intrest