PDA

View Full Version : Def Jam Takes Jay-Z "Show Me" Leak Seriously, Song Explodes On Radio

MR HIP HOP HEAD
10-06-2006, 08:39 PM
http://www.allhiphop.com/CelebImagesTWO/jayz.gif

While millions of fans are not complaining about today's (Oct. 6) leak of Jay-Z's single "Show Me," his label, Def Jam is taking the breach seriously and may pursue legal action against the individual responsible for the leak.

While no one knows who the culprit behind the leak is, sources told AllHipHop.com that Def Jam has launched an internal investigation, fearing that the rapper's forthcoming comeback album Kingdom Come may be leaked in its entirety.

"The FBI may do an investigation into this," an anonymous source told AllHipHop.com. "Everything has been under lock and key, so we have no idea how the single was leaked."

"Show Me," which samples a saxophone loop originally used on Public Enemy's "Show Em Whatcha Got" from the group's 1988 Def Jam album It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back, hit the Internet today and quickly went into rotation on radio stations around the United States.

The single, which was produced by Just Blaze, gained immediate and repeated airplay on stations in Philadelphia, New York, Los Angeles and Atlanta.

"I played it six times in a row at 6:00 pm today," Atlanta DJ Greg Street told AllHipHop.com. Street, who airs on Atlanta's V103 Monday through Thursday in the 6-10pm slot, said the feedback has been tremendous.

"It was so crazy [Island/Def Jam Music Group CEO] LA Reid & [Def Jam A&R] Shakir Stewart called into V-103's hotline," Street said.

Jay-Z himself was told of the leak during a performance at the Accra International Conference Center in Ghana, Africa.

Unauthorized full length albums from The Roots, Pharrell and Lupe Fiasco have all found their way to the Internet prior to hitting stores.

Lupe Fiasco's Food & Liquor was pushed back several times, after the original version was leaked and bootlegged months before the album's completion.

Jay-Z's Kingdom Come will reportedly hits stores Nov. 21. The album features production by Just Blaze, Kanye West, Pharrell, Timberland and others.

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=6231

12weLvE
10-06-2006, 08:44 PM
who has the song??? or where can i hear it?

12weLvE
10-06-2006, 08:45 PM
oh okay is on Hip hop game

12weLvE
10-06-2006, 08:47 PM
Just blaze killed that sample... the beat outshines the shit outta jay.

12weLvE
10-06-2006, 08:50 PM
^^
Thanks anyway man

INF
10-06-2006, 08:50 PM
Its also in the MP3 thread in here. I just d/l'd it.

There is a reason for the leaks besides greed and I see that reason so I dont feel bad d/l'ing it. I got respect for other artist. I am particular to whom I d/l. I have never d/l albums unless there was just no other way to get them. Shit...this opens up a can of worms but I have to be careful what I say now cuz there are more snakes than I knew about up in here.....up in here.

oDoUoSoKo
10-06-2006, 08:58 PM
jayz is sleepin lyrically, the beat is hard as motherfuck tho

Sun Tzu, Tha Soul Controllah
10-06-2006, 08:59 PM
ok but when their other artists like method man get leaked they don't care...they don't even really promote them....FUCK DEF JAM WITH A PASSION

and BTW Ras Kass did a song with that sample, the title track to his Rasassination album AND IT WAS A MILLION TIMES BETTER

oDoUoSoKo
10-06-2006, 09:01 PM
fuck that public enemy's version slays all

10-06-2006, 09:02 PM
^lol

10-06-2006, 09:06 PM
not to mention they pushed Nas back for Jay

FUCK EM

tha god concept
10-06-2006, 09:18 PM
jay z fell off along time ago imo..

tha god concept
10-06-2006, 09:19 PM
omfg that track is horrible...i hate jay ...swagger jackin faggot!!

Bone Collecta
10-06-2006, 09:23 PM
jay needs to stay retired

10-06-2006, 09:26 PM
jay needs to stay retired

WE AGREE FOR ONCE :clap::yes:

INF
10-06-2006, 10:01 PM
Its a sad day when one of the founding fathers or should I say first financial backers of the hip-hop movement, become the enemy. I just added Def Jam to the list of ppl whos gonna get it. I'm callin mf's out. I'm bout to name names and all that shit and Def Jam is on the list. Its time that ppl look at what they doin to the kids.They been corrupting the youth way too long. I'm a product of it and so is everybody else. We never knew any fuckin better cause we had the shit crammed down our throats. If you tired of being brainwashed then you will stand up right now to and help with the cause. I'm gonna help organize things to turn the media around and help save the kids. Its gonna take years but its gonna be the biggest most positve revolt that ever showed outcome. I just figured it all out today. Its always been there but there was clouds. not no more. It aint that we gotta censor ourselves. Its gonna be pretty ugly at first but in the end its gonna be beautiful. Life is about progress. We only goin backwards and whats fucked up is that we have technology that was handed to us from outside sources and we still bein fucked up. I dont want it to be like in my sig. Thats whats gonna happen all over if we keep letting it go on. I aint gonna look the other way while the media controls and influences not only myself but my son and others family to be monsters. Fuck death. Its all about life. Everything that the media controls us with and entertains or stimulates us with results in death. Fuck that. Yes, its true, we all die at one point or another. There is something greater though. All throughout recorded music there has been a vibration of the message of something greater. Lets bring it. Lets get this done. For better times. Better times.

rubyspirit
10-07-2006, 12:38 AM
Publicity stunt....all albums are leaked now. Def Jam are trying to bring attention to him. The song is weak.

snapple
10-07-2006, 12:47 AM
this shit is CRACK i don't know how you guys are hating on this

snapple
10-07-2006, 12:49 AM
someone needs to up this instrumental immedietly for me big ups to whoever can

snapple
10-07-2006, 12:54 AM
come on i fiend for this instrumental this is my shit right here i gotta kick it over this right now come on help me out! this beat is moving my soul

Lil' Ruger
10-07-2006, 01:06 AM
lol^^^^ mad huh? i dont got it.

aint listen to it.

wuswordz95
10-07-2006, 01:34 AM
awesome beat stolen from public enemy. I hate jayz. fuck the radio stations in l.a they iddy mef and ghost but not gayz

ol dirty abbot
10-07-2006, 02:52 AM
the trumpet sample is from Rump Shaker Tv Version by Wrex N Effex

tha god concept
10-07-2006, 03:10 AM
Its a sad day when one of the founding fathers or should I say first financial backers of the hip-hop movement, become the enemy. I just added Def Jam to the list of ppl whos gonna get it. I'm callin mf's out. I'm bout to name names and all that shit and Def Jam is on the list. Its time that ppl look at what they doin to the kids.They been corrupting the youth way too long. I'm a product of it and so is everybody else. We never knew any fuckin better cause we had the shit crammed down our throats. If you tired of being brainwashed then you will stand up right now to and help with the cause. I'm gonna help organize things to turn the media around and help save the kids. Its gonna take years but its gonna be the biggest most positve revolt that ever showed outcome. I just figured it all out today. Its always been there but there was clouds. not no more. It aint that we gotta censor ourselves. Its gonna be pretty ugly at first but in the end its gonna be beautiful. Life is about progress. We only goin backwards and whats fucked up is that we have technology that was handed to us from outside sources and we still bein fucked up. I dont want it to be like in my sig. Thats whats gonna happen all over if we keep letting it go on. I aint gonna look the other way while the media controls and influences not only myself but my son and others family to be monsters. Fuck death. Its all about life. Everything that the media controls us with and entertains or stimulates us with results in death. Fuck that. Yes, its true, we all die at one point or another. There is something greater though. All throughout recorded music there has been a vibration of the message of something greater. Lets bring it. Lets get this done. For better times. Better times.

are you serious with that fuckin novel???

Bedlam
10-07-2006, 12:46 PM
no hate on jayz, but that shit sucked. Jus Blaze overproduces the SHIT outta his song recently

ShaDynasty
10-07-2006, 01:04 PM
GAY SONG it sound like if frank sinatra or barry manilow made a rap tune
this does not give me hope for his new album

Dante
10-07-2006, 01:21 PM
this shit is CRACK i don't know how you guys are hating on this

Because it's Jay-Z...You know most of these dudes that post here are a bunch backpackers who hate anything Jay-Z does

benzo
10-07-2006, 04:08 PM

mad respect you just got from me. just the fact that "coke rap" is a common term should show people what the fuck is up. the American Dream, no matter black, white, latino, etc. now is to be rich, ballin', spending $ on worthless diamonds, etc. The Dream was always about gettin money, i know that. it's just that it seems now that if you didn't get it through sellin dope and pushin drugs on the youth of every inner city, you have no cred. how fuct is that? the sooner people realize that 50, Jay, Wu, etc. are companies here to get your money however they know how, the better. Peace-

benzo
10-07-2006, 04:16 PM
Just checked the track....it sucks....and I like Jay-Z. Damn. Just Blaze is biting some Madlib shit too with those drum rolls and shit. If you want drums, get a motherfucker like me to rip em instaed of poorly chopping up samples of real drummers. Jay and Just didn't cut it on this one.

famenchuan
10-07-2006, 04:51 PM
I like the beat but Jay-z lyrics sucked. What the hell was he saying the first minute.

J.T.S.
10-07-2006, 05:24 PM
Damn Jay let the beat air him out, i'm shocked!!

12weLvE
10-07-2006, 06:35 PM

Mad respect to the god...well said

tical2000
10-07-2006, 09:01 PM
tracks okay....sounds like it is a lefttover from the BLACK ALBUM sessions....

11th Chamber
10-07-2006, 10:11 PM
The track sucks. So does Jay-Z

Longbongcilvaringz
10-07-2006, 11:13 PM
Because it's Jay-Z...You know most of these dudes that post here are a bunch backpackers who hate anything Jay-Z does

or it could be cause the track is shit?

beat is average, i hate it when the producer thinks if he puts as many different sounds into a beat it will sound good, and jay on the mic.....is average at best.

g_flex
10-07-2006, 11:29 PM
the beat is damn kool but the lyrics n hook is fucking garbage n it aint got nothing ta do wit hate

rubyspirit
10-08-2006, 12:09 AM
Its a sad day when one of the founding fathers or should I say first financial backers of the hip-hop movement, become the enemy. I just added Def Jam to the list of ppl whos gonna get it. I'm callin mf's out. I'm bout to name names and all that shit and Def Jam is on the list. Its time that ppl look at what they doin to the kids.They been corrupting the youth way too long.
Def Jam is not the same without Russell Simmons in charge. Woe is us.

snapple
10-08-2006, 12:47 AM
yea it doesn't sound like this is gonna be the final track, it sounds like he starts freeing halfway through at least, lyrically it's far from impressive, and this did leak not on purpose....hova is known for just going in the booth with nothing pre-written and he begins working once hes in the booth and with beat. so that could just be one of the many cuts they prolly gotta do to get the track done. but the beat i fucking LOVE and need that instrumental

Dante
10-08-2006, 02:52 AM
or it could be cause the track is shit?

even if the track was hot, most would of hate for the simple fact that it's Jay-Z

10-08-2006, 10:02 AM
yea it doesn't sound like this is gonna be the final track, it sounds like he starts freeing halfway through at least, lyrically it's far from impressive, and this did leak not on purpose....hova is known for just going in the booth with nothing pre-written and he begins working once hes in the booth and with beat. so that could just be one of the many cuts they prolly gotta do to get the track done. but the beat i fucking LOVE and need that instrumental

you'd probably find the Ras Kass version or the Public Enemy one

Longbongcilvaringz
10-08-2006, 10:52 AM
even if the track was hot, most would of hate for the simple fact that it's Jay-Z

your wrong,

regardless of what people want to think, if they like what they hear the person making it is irrelevant.

despite what your sort may think, people dont just think "i like this track, but since its a certain person i'll pretend to myself that its not good".

there should be a word for back packer opposites...maybe its dick rider i dunno...

SMOKE BLUNTS
10-08-2006, 11:01 AM
jay z fell off along time ago imo..

ya like 7 years ago man! whats up with jay? is he still the pres of def jam or what?

THE W
10-08-2006, 11:47 AM
for what its worth, this track is bangin.

oDoUoSoKo
10-08-2006, 12:12 PM
honestly^^^ but he stepped down the lyric game

Jeru
10-08-2006, 01:39 PM
Just Blaze dissapoints me with that beat.Maybe it needs to grow on me I dunno

snapple
10-08-2006, 02:37 PM
you'd probably find the Ras Kass version or the Public Enemy one

or word it is a re-used beat? i figured the kids on here were morons and didnt know anything about music and they just heard a similar/same sample or something...could you hook me up?

10-08-2006, 07:49 PM
or word it is a re-used beat? i figured the kids on here were morons and didnt know anything about music and they just heard a similar/same sample or something...could you hook me up?

naw check the ras kass song its the title to his second album...it's looped the same way but the drums are better

Gawd
10-08-2006, 08:06 PM
Thread starter needs his very own ' allhiphopnews' thread.....sheesh

CherChezLaMarauder
10-08-2006, 08:40 PM
despite his biting tendencies ("...just got a drop took the top off, now its your turn"...Nas dropped similar shit on Made Ya Look), Jay never disappoints with the party tracks. I'd fuck with him lounging at the shark bar or V.I.P. Soon as I heard the beginning WREX N EFFECT hit me.

BRONZBODY
10-09-2006, 07:52 AM
shit is weak...just blaze has been ehh latley

TrueDciple
10-09-2006, 08:10 AM
This might sound weird but the first time i heard the record i was like hmm its not that bad but then i listened to it again today and now im like nahh! im a take it out of my *Music on the Go* list. (Nothing against Jigga)

THE W
10-09-2006, 10:40 AM
naw check the ras kass song its the title to his second album...it's looped the same way but the drums are better
are you talking about rasassination?

its the same sample but they use it differently.

Hayabusa
10-09-2006, 10:47 AM
This might sound weird but the first time i heard the record i was like hmm its not that bad but then i listened to it again today and now im like nahh! im a take it out of my *Music on the Go* list. (Nothing against Jigga)
I Concur... Shit is average to me.

10-09-2006, 07:02 PM
are you talking about rasassination?

its the same sample but they use it differently.

other than the horns in the beginning what is different

xHard to Earnx
10-09-2006, 07:40 PM
Def Jam is not the same without Russell Simmons in charge. Woe is us.

You do know that he's the reason Def Jam puts out non rap, don't you?

Lil' Ruger
10-09-2006, 07:44 PM
y does the beginning remind me of zoom?

M-Eighty
10-10-2006, 06:26 PM
y does the beginning remind me of zoom?

Because it is...it's funny to play this Jay-Z song for others and look at their faces when they here that zoom zoom zoom intro.

Punch
10-11-2006, 01:50 AM
Jay Z-Kingdom Come

Have you heard this? Much better than Show Me...
crazy dope, nothing incredible lyrically, but the beat isgreat, sounds like Just again but a big improvement. sample is flipped very well.

wuswordz95
10-19-2006, 11:32 PM
for whatits not worth, this track sucks

Pretty Toney
10-30-2006, 02:16 PM
0LznPFkdpo0&eurl=

ShaDynasty
10-30-2006, 02:20 PM
^^^ignorance has never sounded so good!