PDA

View Full Version : Hip-Hop and You

Urban_Journalz
10-07-2006, 02:33 PM
Peace Wu-Corp Fam.

Lately, I've seen a bit of rivalry in the scales of balance. Meaning, some threads have popped up lately that have brought the distribution of Knowledge back into KTL and a lot of us are glad to see it.

On the other hand, the simpletons among us have started threads to make the ignorant side of the scale weigh in heavier. To keep things as they are.

Now, I know we all love hip-hop. My question is, how can you honestly love a culture that promotes unity and tolerance and still, willingly harbor feelings of bigotry and hatred??

I see some funny contradictions around here.
Some claim underground hip-hop, which is, by far, the foundation that should never crumble. Yet, they still come off like straight up Klansmen.

My point is, I think these people are posers. I don't think they're serious hip-hop heads because if they were, they would have the mature decency to put aside a difference for the sake of understanding the people they single out and abuse.

You can't hate Muslims and Hispanics and rock a Jedi Mind Tricks banner at the bottom of your page, because Vinny Paz is BOTH. You just can't.

You can't say "Screw Puerto Ricans" and love Big Pun.

Those of us who truly live and breathe this culture and the music thereof, we have MAD love to give and it shows. Though a more rugged kind of love, love is love.

I was out in L.A. when the whole "East Coast/West Coast" beef jumped off. Cats saw me and new I was from N.Y.
I had the Yankees caps, carpenter jeans or cargo pants, Timberland boots, wallabees, etc. The true heads didn't care though. They knew I liked some westcoast music and I knew they liked some eastcoast music. For real, that brought us together. Being able to relate to the situations spoken of from the different emcees because it made us all remember that we all go through the same things.

Being able to be Universal is a real blessing. Wu-Tang is universal. OutKast is universal. Hieroglyphics is universal. Handsome Boy Modeling School is universal. They all make music for people who want to see the real world and not stay stuck in The Matrix.

Raekwon told us at the end of Wu-Tang Forever; Disc 2, "We ain't doin' this s**t for just anybody. We doin' this s**t for certain n*66az kid. Certain PEOPLE rather. Certain fans, certain supporters. Certain delegators. WTF man, I'm tired of seein' these FAKE @$$ N*66az, runnin' wit da globe."

Y'all see 'em just like I do. They post up with positively NOTHING to say. So for real, don't even bother commenting on what they say. They're fake and all they want is to cause further dissention in the ranks.

Cats like this are the reason why Dilated Peoples gets hated on because of a Volvo commercial. Or Rahzel gets hated on for a Twix commercial. It's this, "How underground can you APPEAR" mentality. While at the same time, you can't get off that trash long enough to say, "That's ill. Those cats are bein' exposed to a wider audience and they deserve to because they're tight." People like that would rather sit back and complain about the commercial industry AND stop real music from getting to the masses. I mean, isn't this the same mentality we see around here??

Until I see a thread that gives Know The Ledge and the people who come here to learn and share the wisdom they already posess with the rest of us some respect, I'm not posting in anyone's thread that I feel was just ignored as a child and is desperate for attention. Negative or positive, as long as it's attention.

You ARE the weakest link!

J.T.S.
10-07-2006, 05:50 PM
I'm feeling you on that one homie!!

Sicka than aidZ
10-07-2006, 08:07 PM
Until I see a thread that gives Know The Ledge and the people who come here to learn and share the wisdom they already posess with the rest of us some respect, I'm not posting in anyone's thread that I feel was just ignored as a child and is desperate for attention. Negative or positive, as long as it's attention.
lol^
Yeah ignore them. Usually LHX is around and he'll just erase the weak shit. i gotta ignore that fag smoke bluntz cuz he cant handle being normal. It'll go away tho

WuTangWarrior
10-07-2006, 11:56 PM
damn man, thats the truth right there

supremecharma
10-08-2006, 03:11 PM
you hit the nail on the head man

rubyspirit
10-08-2006, 09:37 PM
Good post

Urban_Journalz
10-09-2006, 04:01 AM
Much love y'all.

Edgar Erebus
10-09-2006, 05:04 AM
Hip-hop is everywhere where is people who feel it, in America or in Africa. Peace to all true blue hip-hop fans, they'll know who they are...

snapple
10-09-2006, 03:15 PM
yea man at least 60 percent of this fourm is teenage racist backpacking fake heads

Urban_Journalz
10-11-2006, 01:52 PM
^^word.

Plus, it's funny, they'd never come outta their mouths like that in the street. lol. I almost pity the fools.

snapple
10-11-2006, 02:00 PM
^^half of them have never been in any street period.

WuTangWarrior
10-11-2006, 04:05 PM
^^lmao

cosignin wit snapple and slasher

Sicka than aidZ
10-11-2006, 04:51 PM
ALMOST EVERYONE WORTH TALKING TO LEFT LONG AGO. IF I RAN THIS SHIT IT'D BE DIFFERENT. NO DIS TO THE MODZ AN ADMIN THEY COOL AS HELL BUT YEAH ID MAKE SOME CHANGEZ FOR REAL.PEACE

snapple
10-11-2006, 05:05 PM
i wasn't around this place for "the good ole days" so i don't know what i'm missing. but there are still some solid people on here, some real ill people too, but there is a LOT of clowns wont front. thats life though, it's the balance, if it really was that dope back then, and im sure it was when wu-tang was still poppin like that. but you know you take the good with the bad sometimes, there are a lot of things i like on this site so i keep coming back. as long as there are a few dope posters i'll stick around, there was one point where i was never gonna log back in but something changed my mind

Urban_Journalz
10-11-2006, 05:34 PM
I wasn't around when everything was everything either. I wish I was sometimes but it's cool. I lose my patience with the certifiable morons in here. But after a post or two, I leave 'em be. They were stupid when they came and they'll be just as stupid when they leave. I ain't gonna get high blood-pressure cuz of 'em.