PDA

View Full Version : Top 50 producer list

PLO-Stylez
10-10-2006, 08:46 PM
Rza is at 4 with arguably he could be a little higher but still great for him to be up there. BUT Kanye is 8 WTF. When u have madlib at 37, mf doom at 39, Hi-tek at 16, Jay dee at 15 and Hav at 13. How the hell is Kanye at 8? Did i miss some real classic shit cuz as far as im concerened he hasnt produced 1 classic album imo or even some consistently dope shit.

What do ya'll think did i miss some amazing work by Kanye to deserve this

http://rap.about.com/od/toppicks/ss/Top50Producers_7.htm

Yes i know it is only about.com but what the hell

TAURO
10-10-2006, 08:59 PM
I can't argue with the top 5, noone will fully agree but they are all dope so im happy in that respect although I do want to know one thing

WHERE THE FUCK WAS STOUPE?

He is easily top ten, fucking disgracfull.

Cesar
10-10-2006, 09:01 PM
Kanye got beats

PLO-Stylez
10-10-2006, 09:09 PM
I can't argue with the top 5, noone will fully agree but they are all dope so im happy in that respect although I do want to know one thing

stoupe is at 45 or 46

TAURO
10-10-2006, 09:29 PM
stoupe is at 45 or 46

My bad I missed that, still his beats are incredible and this is not coming from some backpacker but a lover of real hip hop, noone has made me sit back and take notice in recent years like Stoupe's production.

Hayabusa
10-10-2006, 09:32 PM
RZA should of been @ #3 under rock and Primo.

12weLvE
10-10-2006, 09:50 PM
Nope RZA will always be #1

Kenny Powers
10-11-2006, 12:56 AM
no arguements here, looks like a pretty accurate list to me

wuswordz95
10-11-2006, 02:10 AM
Rza Will Always Be Number One To Me
Cuz I Only Buy His Stuff

The Lost Prophet
10-11-2006, 02:32 AM
e. serman and havoc should be above kanye and salaam remi is to high

Punch
10-11-2006, 03:13 AM
e. serman and havoc should be above kanye I disagree, but I wouldn't put Kanye in the top 10 yet, he will probably eventually get there, but his spot should be filled by Prince Paul as of now

and Rza would be my number 1 but if you're going to be beat by anyone, you can't complan about it being Dre, PR, and Premo

Funk_Dock
10-11-2006, 08:42 AM
top 5 seems pretty solid to me, altho kanye west #8???
hes obviously going to get a high spot but he doesnt deserve it...

beatnuts # 43?? come on..

big_tig
10-11-2006, 09:00 AM
Who made that list?? The editors of that site??

The first 5 positions must be ranked at #1, because Rza, Primo, Dre, Large Pro and Pete Rock are the greatest for me. I can't choose between them the "Best Producer". That's my opinion

Tage
no way.. Stoupe.. 46? HAHA! RJD2.. 30? HA!

Mighti Mi isnt even on the list.. the fuck?

about.com dont know shit 'about' anything.

THE W
I disagree, but I wouldn't put Kanye in the top 10 yet, he will probably eventually get there, but his spot should be filled by Prince Paul as of now

and Rza would be my number 1 but if you're going to be beat by anyone, you can't complan about it being Dre, PR, and Premo are
yep,

with most people thinking Rza fell off almost a decade ago you cant be mad at a 4 spot under dre, pete, and premo.

Rame
10-11-2006, 09:38 AM
Premier is at the right place

RagnaroK
10-11-2006, 10:23 AM
yep,

with most people thinking Rza fell off almost a decade ago you cant be mad at a 4 spot under dre, pete, and premo.

c'mon man! RZA is the best ever period he creates one of the best and most repected crew ever got that great record deal(tha now everybody is doing the same) he's a great mc lyricist and freestyle and produce 7 classic albums consecutively(creating the most impresive saga) even if they say he's falling of is impossible to erease what he did and now he is doing movie score what other producer have done this NONE

Dr Dre is great because the little he's done have great impact no argue with that but he and the other never be better then the RZA if you don't think so then compare every track with him then tell me whos the best

i don't have any problem with the top five except RZA position should be #one and i'm not saying this cuz i'm a Wu fan(i don't think any one would believe me but is true)

bg357
10-11-2006, 11:52 AM
Gay list

oldie
10-11-2006, 12:34 PM
Dre's above RZA :O

and no Nu-Mark or Cut Chemist :O

Erquel
10-11-2006, 01:10 PM
Shity list

Skellington
10-11-2006, 01:15 PM
LMFAO, what a bitch list! Whenever I c a list like this, with Doom and Madlib on a possition like that....I laugh......
Wack ass list....lol
Doom and Madlib own all of those producers, yeah, even RZA, bronze, Stoupe and Kanye

snapple
10-11-2006, 01:18 PM
good top 20no doubt, wouldn't expect to not see those names. i don't see what the problem is with that top20 it's all legends what is everyone complaining about?

The Lost Prophet
10-11-2006, 02:14 PM
great list but some of u fools r ignorant............how can one say e.serman is number 27? cmon now, kanye is not better than him or havoc, thats really my only complaint. havoc has dropped 2 classic albums and e.serman is an originator but kanye is still fairly new, give him 5 more years and then u can make that arguement...................but lets be real kanye got skills but not yet top 10

CuzinBilly
10-11-2006, 02:24 PM
c'mon man! RZA is the best ever period he creates one of the best and most repected crew ever got that great record deal(tha now everybody is doing the same) he's a great mc lyricist and freestyle and produce 7 classic albums consecutively(creating the most impresive saga) even if they say he's falling of is impossible to erease what he did and now he is doing movie score what other producer have done this NONE

Dr Dre is great because the little he's done have great impact no argue with that but he and the other never be better then the RZA if you don't think so then compare every track with him then tell me whos the best

i don't have any problem with the top five except RZA position should be #one and i'm not saying this cuz i'm a Wu fan(i don't think any one would believe me but is true)

i used to believe rza was the best, he needs to reclaim it though, hasn't made any good beatz since the birth of a prince, i don't think anyone can argue premo being number one just because he has over 100 hot fukkin beatz, every premo beat is a dope beat

FrenchShin
10-11-2006, 02:47 PM
e. serman and havoc should be above kanye and salaam remi is to high

havoc is getting boring... just my opinion though.

but about salaam remi... the guy is one of the most underrated. he did The Fugees, he did Nas, he's been into all genres... dude is a monster.

TSA
10-11-2006, 03:39 PM
Rza is at 4 with arguably he could be a little higher but still great for him to be up there. BUT Kanye is 8 WTF. When u have madlib at 37, mf doom at 39, Hi-tek at 16, Jay dee at 15 and Hav at 13. How the hell is Kanye at 8? Did i miss some real classic shit cuz as far as im concerened he hasnt produced 1 classic album imo or even some consistently dope shit.

What do ya'll think did i miss some amazing work by Kanye to deserve this

http://rap.about.com/od/toppicks/ss/Top50Producers_7.htm

Yes i know it is only about.com but what the hell

college dropout is considered a classic, and he's never produced a bad album. i dont like him at all infact he's gayer then aids but im not too gay to except the fact

Iron Fist
10-11-2006, 03:48 PM

Word.

HAHAHA @ DJ Muggs #22. He's easily in my top ten.

snapple
10-11-2006, 03:58 PM
great list but some of u fools r ignorant............how can one say e.serman is number 27? cmon now, kanye is not better than him or havoc, thats really my only complaint. havoc has dropped 2 classic albums and e.serman is an originator but kanye is still fairly new, give him 5 more years and then u can make that arguement...................but lets be real kanye got skills but not yet top 10

exactly...you said it yourself....2 classics...compare havocs catalauge to kanye, i like havoc much better personally but kanye has boatloads of crack beats...kanye is not new to the game eather beleive that he's been making beats for a while, he's only recently become a household name. kanye blew the fuck up.

THE W
10-11-2006, 04:12 PM

his lyrical skills and the wu deal have nothing to do with producing.

but anyway, i agree that he is the best producer out there. none of the top 3 have anywhere near as sick a catalog of full albums as Rza. but im never gonna expect rza to be #1 on any producer list cuz he's been out of the loop for a long time.

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-11-2006, 04:15 PM
1. RZA
2. Primo
3. J DIlla

MODERN DAY

1. DIlla
2. Madlib
3. Doom
4. Count Bass D
5. Outkast
6.The Neptunes (not pussy pharel shit the hip hop)

RagnaroK
10-11-2006, 04:26 PM
so soundtrack does not counts? BOAP?

and the list says top hip hop producers not top recent hip hop producers
but anyway it does not matter i don't care about it i think that list does not do justice to some producers lik MF Doom Havoc Alchemist Muggs

THE W
10-11-2006, 04:34 PM
so soundtrack does not counts? BOAP?

the hiphop audience doesnt care about his movie scores, they care about hiphop albums and hiphop songs. and BOAP wasnt that good. going after the westcoast sound didnt work out.

no it doesnt say "top recent producers" but things like consistancy and longevity are considered and when a producer hasnt made anything that's gotten the prublic's attention in a long time they're gonna think you fell off.

people thought dre fell off after not making anything after the chronic up until the slim shady LP and chronic 2001.

snapple
10-11-2006, 04:50 PM
his lyrical skills and the wu deal have nothing to do with producing.

but anyway, i agree that he is the best producer out there. none of the top 3 have anywhere near as sick a catalog of full albums as Rza. but im never gonna expect rza to be #1 on any producer list cuz he's been out of the loop for a long time.

haha get off the nuts man thats not true, rza is godly on the boards and has an ill catalauge too but don't play the gods just cause you love the RZA sound cause thats some bullshit you're saying.

Grongle
10-11-2006, 04:51 PM
its about right

THE W
10-11-2006, 04:57 PM
haha get off the nuts man thats not true, rza is godly on the boards and has an ill catalauge too but don't play the gods just cause you love the RZA sound cause thats some bullshit you're saying.
its one thing if you dont agree but why do you say its "bullshit"?

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
10-11-2006, 04:59 PM

co sign This top 5 is fucked up..

tancen
10-11-2006, 05:03 PM
madlib should be on top 10

Ghost In The 'Lac
10-11-2006, 05:17 PM
^of course so should Dilla

but Dilla was so low profile alot of people dont realise some of their favourite songs were done by him. Like Pharcyde and Common shit.

snapple
10-11-2006, 05:34 PM
"one of the top 3 have anywhere near as sick a catalog as rza"

thats the bullshit right there....

THE W
10-11-2006, 05:41 PM
"none of the top 3 have anywhere near as sick a catalog of full albums as rza"

thats the bullshit right there....

again, i understand if you dont agree but why is that "bullshit"?

TAURO
10-11-2006, 05:45 PM
Has there ever been a list where everyone has agreed with? ofcourse not even I have a problem with it but look at it this way looking at that top ten.....IT COULD HAVE BEEN MUCH WORSE.

snapple
10-11-2006, 05:50 PM
what is bolding full albums have to do with anything? that is just as arguably too...

THE W
10-11-2006, 05:56 PM
so who do you think is the best?

i dont like typing "IMO" because it looks stupid and we should all understand that its all personal taste. but its obvious you assumed i was making an objective statement.

36 chambers
tical
return to 36 chambers
cuban linx
liquid swords
ironman
forever
in stereo
the W
ghostdog
digital bullet
world according to Rza

i'd say this catalog is better then the top 3 producers...do you agree? no?

oldie
10-11-2006, 06:29 PM
how can they not have Cut Chemist or Nu-Mark, J5 are one of the greatest groups in rap!

snapple
10-11-2006, 06:41 PM
so who do you think is the best?

i dont like typing "IMO" because it looks stupid and we should all understand that its all personal taste. but its obvious you assumed i was making an objective statement.

36 chambers
tical
return to 36 chambers
cuban linx
liquid swords
ironman
forever
in stereo
the W
ghostdog
digital bullet
world according to Rza

i'd say this catalog is better then the top 3 producers...do you agree? no?

no i don't agree with you, plus pete rock and premo have a much larger catlauage too.

UNCLE RUCKUS
10-11-2006, 06:43 PM
I think the top 5 are correct the order ?; those are the 5 illest along with Jay Dee and the Bomb Squad; Prince Paul is definatly better than Rick Rubin though
Good list thanks

ShaDynasty
10-11-2006, 06:46 PM
order is fucked. kanye is no way top ten

THE W
10-11-2006, 06:47 PM
alrighty then,

quality over quantity.

oldie
10-11-2006, 06:57 PM
no i don't agree with you, plus pete rock and premo have a much larger catlauage too.

Pete Rock has a larger catalogue :S

Soul Survivor I & II (plus the leftovers of SS II)
Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth albums (plus Greatest Hits)
his new Undergound Classics album whatever it is!

what else he got???

PLO-Stylez
10-11-2006, 07:14 PM

If u take entire career Rza wins but this is straight production they are really neck and neck. the list doesnt take into consideration rza is a beast on the mic and helped found and lift up Wu. Its only about production

Lil' Ruger
10-11-2006, 07:15 PM
kanye at 8th place lol thats hilarious to even think that and HAVOC isnt before him smgdh

snapple
10-11-2006, 09:00 PM
Pete Rock has a larger catalogue :S

Soul Survivor I & II (plus the leftovers of SS II)
Pete Rock & C.L. Smooth albums (plus Greatest Hits)
his new Undergound Classics album whatever it is!

what else he got???

thats horrible people don't even know about pete rock's catalauge in europe, damn man you should do some digging there are some early 90s classic gems you're sleeping on

oDoUoSoKo
10-11-2006, 09:10 PM
e sermon shood be last, but i think knaye is better than doom on the boards

energizer
10-11-2006, 10:11 PM
i aint read every msg in this thread but if anyone thought prince paul is top 10, i support you, prince paul is def top 10

wuswordz95
10-12-2006, 12:44 AM
the hiphop audience doesnt care about his movie scores, they care about hiphop albums and hiphop songs. and BOAP wasnt that good. going after the westcoast sound didnt work out.

no it doesnt say "top recent producers" but things like consistancy and longevity are considered and when a producer hasnt made anything that's gotten the prublic's attention in a long time they're gonna think you fell off.

people thought dre fell off after not making anything after the chronic up until the slim shady LP and chronic 2001.

I do care about movie scores, boap was very good just 3 horrible songs. the album is beautiful. even if rza made awesome beats now( which he already does ala 420 presidental mc) the media would iggy it cuz they stupid

the insignificant
10-12-2006, 06:14 AM
prince paul outside the top ten (no matter how close he is to it) is just wrong...

erick sermon has done more than a majority of guys who the list says are better...

and to be honest, the bomb squad at 7 is a little off for my liking... their catalogue isn't as big, but their influence more than makes up for it...

THE W
10-12-2006, 11:57 AM
I do care about movie scores

but the majority of hiphop listeners obviously dont. thats the point.

RagnaroK
10-12-2006, 12:04 PM
is still production

THE W
10-12-2006, 12:14 PM
but not hiphop style production.

UNCLE RUCKUS
10-12-2006, 02:19 PM
i aint read every msg in this thread but if anyone thought prince paul is top 10, i support you, prince paul is def top 10

Yeah he is; IŽm glad they had the Bomb Squad up there though; Hank Shocklee is a genius, they dont seem to get their due.
I dont think thereŽd be a 36 Chambers without 3 Feet High and Rising. Prince Paul is a mad scientist like the Rza, before Paul there were really no skits (he and rza are the only producers that make good skits). the first three De La albums are all fantastic plus 6 Feet Deep, On Fire (Stetsasonic), A Prince Among Thieves is another classic.

Bedlam
10-12-2006, 03:14 PM
Not a bad list, but I dont think I saw anythign relating to Outkast's production? Organized Noise or ET3?

venex
10-12-2006, 03:20 PM
Not a bad list, but I dont think I saw anythign relating to Outkast's production? Organized Noise or ET3?

true !

outkast's their production is original and ill !!!

and where the fuck is stoupe ? put him in top 10 atleast|)

FrenchShin
10-13-2006, 01:45 AM
you need to look the # 25 :

50 | Ant Banks
49 | Buckwild
48 | DJ Scratch
47 | Scott Storch
46 | Stoupe
45 | Scott La Rock
44 | Dan the Automator
43 | The Beatnuts
42 | Daz Dillinger