PDA

View Full Version : Question + Scarface Game Gets a 6.4 on Gamespot???

WuTangWarrior
10-12-2006, 04:32 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/scarface/index.html?tag=topten;_title;3

damn i was excited for the Scarface game and i was gonna buy it real soon but wtf it got a 6.4 ,did any of yall play it???? is it like some GTA ripoff or what??

and im planning to buy Godfather and Mafia (PS2) too ...... what do yall think of those, i hope they're lengthy nd not repetitive, get at me with some of ur own reviews

peace

Jet Set
10-12-2006, 04:51 PM
I wasn't expecting more. These movie games are cheap cash ins of a stories which stood on it's own just by one movie. No need for extention. Just like with Taxi Driver.

Bloo
10-12-2006, 11:41 PM
They made a game baised off Taxi Driver?

I don't even wanna know...

Lil' Ruger
10-13-2006, 12:05 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/scarface/index.html?tag=topten;_title;3

damn i was excited for the Scarface game and i was gonna buy it real soon but wtf it got a 6.4 ,did any of yall play it???? is it like some GTA ripoff or what??

and im planning to buy Godfather and Mafia (PS2) too ...... what do yall think of those, i hope they're lengthy nd not repetitive, get at me with some of ur own reviews

peace

i played god father at my friends house thats on some GTA shit but u can litterally run up into some gangs spot run over all the niggas out side wit a car go in blastin like aw fuck make ur own character dress him the shits crazy too me and i didnt think scareface game wud be good this dumb cunt at school saying that MK sucks and its nerdy and to get scare faceme and my niggas jumped on him on that one.

Roman Deini
10-13-2006, 01:12 PM
people who played scarface were really diiging that shit tho. gamespot gave it a 6.4, pthers gave it an 8 or more. in europe press is giving high scores for scarface. and im sick of the term gta rip-off. sure gta was the first sandbox game and lots of others came out but they still compare it to gta. its just the same genre nothing more.

InfamousRD
10-13-2006, 02:45 PM
on ign the game got a 8 or 9 i heard this game is sick

shaolinsword
10-15-2006, 02:00 PM
im sick of the term gta rip-off. sure gta was the first sandbox game and lots of others came out but they still compare it to gta. its just the same genre nothing more.

it happens in every genre. RPG's are based on FF games, racing games have to compare to gran turismo or PGR at the mo. But it is annoying I gotta agree with tha

HANZO
10-15-2006, 08:52 PM
people who played scarface were really diiging that shit tho. gamespot gave it a 6.4, pthers gave it an 8 or more. in europe press is giving high scores for scarface. and im sick of the term gta rip-off. sure gta was the first sandbox game and lots of others came out but they still compare it to gta. its just the same genre nothing more.

i read about some good reviews too, and everyone forgets that vice city was influenced largely by the scarface movie.

born invincible
10-15-2006, 09:04 PM
looks like a rip off of vice city. rockstar pretty much covered it all w/ vice city.

altho i wouldnt use gamespots review completely when choosin a game. they are off sometimes. if your interested... get the game. if you play it and dont like it you can always trade it for store credit to get a different game!

Sexy Jasper
10-16-2006, 07:42 AM
I played the game and Gamespots review was spot on. Ha pun. But really, this game isn't that good and should have been a lot better.

Also, why does everyone make GTA like games these days?

shaolinsword
10-16-2006, 07:50 AM
looks like a rip off of vice city. rockstar pretty much covered it all w/ vice city.

altho i wouldnt use gamespots review completely when choosin a game. they are off sometimes. if your interested... get the game. if you play it and dont like it you can always trade it for store credit to get a different game!

how can it be a rip off of vice city when the film came out around 20 yrs ago? vice city is based on the scarface film.

The drug deal goes wrong at the start where tony's mate gets killed = when tommy lands in VC the drug deal goes wrong

tony takes over the business = when tommy kills ricardo diaz

babylon = the club where you meet kent paul

Frontal Lobotomy
10-16-2006, 11:37 AM
Not to mention Tommy wears a similar shirt to Tony at the bigeinning of Scarface, the only difference being Tony's is red while Tommy's is blue.
I heard this Scarface game was pretty good, the script is supposed to be pretty nice, and the screenshots looked ok. Might get a PS2 for it (I hear they're releaseing pink slimline ones to help compensate for the lack of PS3s in europe this xmas hah)

J-Cee
10-16-2006, 12:10 PM
imam cop this shit 4 sure..if ur a fan of scarface the movie im sure ud be a fan of the game..ive always wondered what if scarface didnt die in the movie..well this game is directing off that idea.

www.scarfacegame.com (http://www.scarfacegame.com)

shaolinsword
10-16-2006, 01:00 PM
Not to mention Tommy wears a similar shirt to Tony at the bigeinning of Scarface, the only difference being Tony's is red while Tommy's is blue.
I heard this Scarface game was pretty good, the script is supposed to be pretty nice, and the screenshots looked ok. Might get a PS2 for it (I hear they're releaseing pink slimline ones to help compensate for the lack of PS3s in europe this xmas hah)

lol yeah it made me laugh when i read about that. they must've thought "seeing as we haven't got enough blue light thingys let's just re-release a PS2 and keep it exactly the same but make it pink.....fuck it, let's release a pink PSP aswell

crass
10-16-2006, 04:14 PM
how can it be a rip off of vice city when the film came out around 20 yrs ago? vice city is based on the scarface film.

well that's why the scarface game is kinda lame...it's a rip off of a game that's based on the movie this game is based on.

shaolinsword
10-17-2006, 03:26 AM
but it's just based on the scarface movie as if he didn't get shot up aint it?

J-Cee
10-17-2006, 09:29 AM
nah its based after the movie,like he didnt get killed,he shoots the dude that blasts him in the back with a shotty or someshit at the end instead..and the game is about Tony Montana taking over his empire again.
Sosa is in it etc.

shaolinsword
10-18-2006, 03:26 AM
That kinda ruins the movie but fuck it i'm still gonna get the game and the scarface dvd next thursday / friday

J-Cee
10-18-2006, 06:14 AM
ahh my bad..thought u had seen the movie.

shaolinsword
10-18-2006, 07:47 AM
I've seen most of the film and I know he dies at the end. I meant that in the game he doesn't die so that ruins the film