PDA

View Full Version : Gang Starr To Release Greatest Hits

MR HIP HOP HEAD
10-12-2006, 09:11 PM
http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/musicians/gang_starr/gang_starr_1_MKTG.jpg

Critically-acclaimed rap group Gang Starr has compiled 21 of its greatest hits for Mass Appeal: The Best of Gang Starr, due Dec. 26 from Virgin/EMI.

Among the tracks are seven Top 10 hits and two songs originally released on film soundtracks. The package includes liner notes by music journalist and author Soren Baker. A Deluxe Edition CD/DVD, to be released the same date, adds 13 music videos to the collection.

Gang Starr's DJ/producer, Premier ("Primo") and MC/lyricist, Guru have been in the game since their 1991 album Step In the Arena.

"The longevity comes from being in touch, connected with the streets, being a fan," Guru told Baker in a July 1999 interview also referenced in Mass Appeal's liner notes. "Premier and I are fans of the music. We listen to everything. We maintain that hunger, that same energy that we had when we first started in the game."

Here is the track release for Mass Appeal: The Best of Gang Starr:

1. You Know My Steez
2. Manifest
3. Step In The Arena
4. Mass Appeal
5. Ex Girl To The Next Girl
6. Skills
7. The Militia
8. Check The Technique
9. Dwyck
10. Take It Personal
11. Put Up Or Shut Up
12. Above The Clouds
13. Lovesick
14. Now You're Mine
15. Soliloquy Of Chaos
16. Code Of The Streets
17. Just To Get A Rep
18. Royalty
19. B.Y.S.

BONUS TRACKS
20. Tha Squeeze (from Training Day soundtrack and The Owners
Japanese import)
21. Natural (from Spin This soundtrack and The Owners Japanese import)

The deluxe edition includes a DVD too.

DVD Tracklist
1. Step In The Arena
2. Just To Get A Rep
3. Who's Gonna Take the Weight
4. Ex Girl to the Next Girl
5. Take It Personal
6. Code of the Streets
7. Mass Appeal
8. You Know My Steez
9. The Militia
10. Full Clip
11. Discipline (featuring Total)
12. Nice Girl, Wrong Place
13. Skills

http://www.streethop.com/forum/article169559.html

TAURO
10-12-2006, 09:17 PM
Wasn't full clip their greatest hits?

Prolifical ENG
10-12-2006, 09:23 PM
Wasn't full clip their greatest hits?

I thought "a decade of gangstarr" was just a bunch of tracks over the 10 years that never made the albums....but it does contain released tracks from the other albums.

I thought most hip-hop fans already owned the majority of gangstarr albums.

zeppelin2k
10-12-2006, 10:54 PM
they already made one

but hey
they need loot

big_tig
10-12-2006, 10:57 PM
I thought most hip-hop fans already owned the majority of gangstarr albums.

that's true:)

big_tig
10-12-2006, 10:58 PM
they already made one

but hey
they need loot

Yeah decade of gangstarr is already greatest hits by itself. The one thing that i liked in this news, it's bonus DVD with videos

CharlesJones
10-13-2006, 04:15 PM
They already did a greatest hits album which was Full Clip. I'm gonna get their new greatest hits album because of the videos dvd that comes with it. How come they left off Dwyck, Right Where You Stand with Jadakiss, Suckas Need Bodyguards, Gotta Get Over videos from the dvd? Those videos are tight. They could've left off Nice Girl, Wrong Place video off the dvd. That song sucks.

UNCLE RUCKUS
10-13-2006, 04:50 PM
IŽll probably get it for the DVD; the cd is a good mix

benzo
10-13-2006, 05:23 PM
that's shitty to even release that. hopefully it has everything to do with the label and not Gangstarr.

oldie
10-13-2006, 08:11 PM
Thought they 1st cd was No More Mr. Nice Guy?! not Step In The Arena

and yeah I thought Full Clip was G.Hits

ShaDynasty
10-13-2006, 08:50 PM
its fucked up to read about how distant preem and guru are
it just makes me upset, ill still enjoy their records and probably this dvd
theres no interest in a greatest hits album
theyd sell more if they did a 'lost tapes' style album

12weLvE
10-14-2006, 07:07 AM
I got them all, but the first one...preety expensive on Amazon...can anybody tell me if its any good?

CharlesJones
10-14-2006, 12:42 PM
Oldie No More Mr Nice Guy is Gang Starr's first album. That's the only Gang Starr album i haven't heard. That videos dvd of their's looks wack. I can't believe they left off Dwyck, Suckas Need Bodyguards, Right Where You Stand with Jadakiss, Gotta Get Over. I don't like how rappers videos dvd's be leaving off good videos. When i bought A Tribe Called Quest's videos dvd, Hot Sex On A Platter video wasn't on there and i was pissed. I love that video. Same thing with 2 Wu Tang's videos dvd that i got that didn't have Inspectah Deck's Word On The Street video, Ol Dirty Bastard's Brooklyn Zoo video, GZA's Liquid Swords and Cold World videos, Ghostface Killah and Jadakiss Run video, Wu Tang's Pinky Ring video. I also bought Ice Cube's videos dvd and it didn't have his We Be Clubbin, My Loved Ones, Pushin Weight, Hello videos.

CharlesJones
10-14-2006, 12:45 PM
Yeah Drunken Wu Masta i agree with you. Guru and Premier need to stop the bullshit between them and resolve their problems and make some more Gang Starr albums. I'm not ready for them to stop doing Gang Starr albums. Real hip hop fans need their music. If The Ownerz is the last album from them, it sure was a bad way to leave the rap game because that album was disappointing. Snoop Dogg should've been left off the album and Nice Girl, Wrong Place song.

ShaDynasty
10-14-2006, 12:52 PM
yeah music dvds are fuckin wack, my outkast dvd left off 2 videos from their debut album, one from atliens, and no videos at all from aquemini!
fuckin wack
the nas video dvd was on point though
gangstarr are probably not gonna get back together is the reality, because from what ive read, there not even friends any more, theyve just grew apart and when they were makin 'the ownerz' they werent even talking, they were just in the studio and on tour just doing the job and not conversating at all
sad to know, same with cl smooth calling pete rock a faggot
that shit just makes me feel sad, it feels like your favorite groups youve loved for years have betrayed you

CharlesJones
10-14-2006, 01:04 PM
I didn't know Outkast had a videos dvd. Only videos of there's i wanna see is from their first album anyway LOL. Nas has a videos dvd? Where can i order it? I wanna see his The World Is Yours remix, It Ain't Hard To Tell, One Love, Nas Is Like, Made You Look, Thief's Theme videos again. I don't understand why good rappers and dj's in a group break up myself and stop talking to each other. QTip and Phife were having problems with each other when they recorded the last 2 Tribe albums i heard. Not only that but they were having problems with Jive records also. Phife even mentioned on Flawless song from his Ventilation album that him and QTip weren't talking anymore. He didn't mention QTip's name but he said me and my former partner don't talk right now. When he said that, i knew he was talking about QTip. I even think he might've been dissing QTip in Flawless video because he had on a purple bandana mocking a rapper and i think that diss was towards QTip because QTip had on a purple bandana in Breathe And Stop video. I bet Phife was shaking his head listening to QTip's gay Amplified album and looking at his Vivrant Thing, Let's Ride, Breathe And Stop videos. Phife was probably like what the fuck happened to my former mc partner LOL. I was disappointed to see Pete Rock and CL beefing. CL had me rolling when he called Pete a faggot.

WuGambino
10-14-2006, 02:12 PM
Amplified is dope.

dimi
10-14-2006, 04:07 PM
but the already have greatest hits album

ShaDynasty
10-14-2006, 07:36 PM
I didn't know Outkast had a videos dvd. Only videos of there's i wanna see is from their first album anyway LOL. Nas has a videos dvd? Where can i order it? I wanna see his The World Is Yours remix, It Ain't Hard To Tell, One Love, Nas Is Like, Made You Look, Thief's Theme videos again. I don't understand why good rappers and dj's in a group break up myself and stop talking to each other. QTip and Phife were having problems with each other when they recorded the last 2 Tribe albums i heard. Not only that but they were having problems with Jive records also. Phife even mentioned on Flawless song from his Ventilation album that him and QTip weren't talking anymore. He didn't mention QTip's name but he said me and my former partner don't talk right now. When he said that, i knew he was talking about QTip. I even think he might've been dissing QTip in Flawless video because he had on a purple bandana mocking a rapper and i think that diss was towards QTip because QTip had on a purple bandana in Breathe And Stop video. I bet Phife was shaking his head listening to QTip's gay Amplified album and looking at his Vivrant Thing, Let's Ride, Breathe And Stop videos. Phife was probably like what the fuck happened to my former mc partner LOL. I was disappointed to see Pete Rock and CL beefing. CL had me rolling when he called Pete a faggot.
it was shocking, more than anything cos CL comes across as a classy, mature muthafucka in his raps, then hes dissing his friend and musical staple on some playground shit
Amplified is dope.
its not
but the already have greatest hits album
lol

CharlesJones
10-16-2006, 04:14 PM
LOL@Drunken Wu Masta saying QTip's Amplified album wasn't tight hahahahahahahahahaha. That album is gay.