PDA

View Full Version : Will Cooper

tragedykhadafi12
10-13-2006, 03:14 PM
Interview
http://wu-international.com/images/Others/Willaimcoop2.jpg
Just last year a super group of talented emcees emerged as Black Market Militia, the group was born out of the urgency of what's been lost in hip-hop, you can call it the essence of the music that is no longer heard in today's microwave brand of hip-hop. The groups aim was simple, to present enjoyable music with understandable messages, covering issues of universal relevance like politics, conspiracy theories, religion, spirituality, economics, and revolution. Black Market Militia is the brainchild of two different legendary emcees, with different affiliations, from two different boroughs with a common goal, Killah Priest (Wu-Tang Clan/Sunz Of Man) and Tragedy Khadafi (Almighty Juice Crew) teamed up in the pursuit of knowledge and wisdom and to spread these beliefs through the medium of hip-hop. To make the group complete, 3 other talents were brought to add weight to the group, already established Timbo King (Wu-Tang Killa Beez/Royal Fam), Hell Razah (Wu-Tang Clan/Sunz Of Man) and last but not least William Cooper. Their street savoir-faire lyrics and no holds barred delivery enabled the group to deliver a masterpiece album that is still unmatched in today's hip-hop, don't believe me, proof is in the pudding, read he review and buy the album "The Black Market Militia (http://wu-international.com/Albums%20Desc/BlackMarketMilitia.htm)". .
Everyone loves an under dog, don't they? Even well with the presence of already established emcees on the BMM project, few people couldn't help but wonder who the new cat was, He was nice with his and while most Wu-Tang & Hip -hop fans in general were fully aware of the 4 established emcees history, very little was known of William Cooper aka Booth. Based on his efficient and much needed contribution on the Black Market album, it is not gruelling to realize his skills and talent, definitely no rookie on the mic. While most might not be aware of this sharp craftsman's history, William Cooper has been in the game for over 10 years, as a producer, A&R, and emcee, it will surprise most to know that he produced and served as the a&r for Tragedy Khadafi's "Still Reporting". Cooper has named himself after the late radio host, author and political activist most also known as William Cooper, who was mainly known for his best selling underground book entitled "Behold A Place Horse" where the author airs out so many controversial topics. The book covers 2 types of two types of people in the world: those who want to know who exactly is controlling whom, and those who are more comfortable taking things at face value. Cooper's account of what the government is capable of in times of heightened alert is extremely relevant now. what's most interesting is that the book was published before the 911 attack on the World Trade Centre which was predicted on this book.
If he is not using that name, he is assuming his producer's alter ego as Booth, adopted from John Wilkes Booth, one of the most popular assassins the world has ever seen responsible for the death of President Lincoln, but nothing to worry about here, all Booth's assassinating here is hot beats and tracks.
The emcee William Cooper aka Booth is currently putting finishing touch to a solo album "Beware Of A Pale Horse" set to drop end of the year and album following the tradition of the author, the album will be covering everything under the sun, from politics, social events to spirituality and more, this will feature contributions from his Militia brothers, Killah Priest, Timbo King, Tragedy, and Hell Razah and collaboration with the likes of Trife Da God (Theodore Unit / TMF), Blue Raspberry (Wu-Tang Clan Songstress) and a surprisingly with the incarcerated 9th Prince from Killarmy. Look out for another Black Market Militia Part II project, this will be followed by another group project that involves Killah Priest as a member of The Eloheem Team and The Gemstar Regime project, it is quite evident William Cooper is a man that is on a mission, a mission to elevate hip-hop and the game to a whole new level, Read more as Wu-International politicks with this lyricist about his upcoming projects, his humble beginning, Black Market Militia, Wu-Tang, Killah Priest, 911, and more.. Enjoy!!
I like to say thanks first and foremost for taking the time to answer these questions, highly appreciated, and will also point out that nothing will be altered, edited or changed when this is published online.

Wu-International: Peace Cooper, whatís good?
William Cooper: Peace everything is everything...just putting the finishing touches on my debut solo record "Beware of the pale horse"...
Wu-International: A lot of our fans know you due to the Black Market Militia (BMM) project, please give us a brief history of the formation of Black Market, how you met the members and how you personally got involved?
William Cooper: Well prior to the BMM album; most people knew me for producing and a&r'ing Tragedy Khadafi's "Still reporting" album... which is a classic record... if you ain't heard it you need to cop it... anyway, me and Tragedy were rolling together pretty heavy for a couple years...just grindin this music game... one night we was at a source magazine party and we linked up with Killah Priest... and to make a long story short, the Black Market Militia was formed... originally, the Black Market was just me, Killah Priest, and Tragedy...during the recording sessions, Hell Razah and Timbo King would be there and they jumped on some songs... their contributions to the album were real dope...and instead of always saying "featuring Hell Razah and Timbo" we decided to just be one group...and at that moment in time we were one group; we spent almost everyday together like a true family...thatís why I feel that album feels and sounds so pure...

Wu-International: Thanks, who came up with the name and concept of the BMM and what is your own interpretation of it as the name alone carries a lot of connotations?
William Cooper: The name Black Market came from Killah Priest; he had that title before we even formed the group...everybody liked it, so we ran wit it...its real because the black market is where you can get anything under the sun, that you cant even buy in stores...BMM is a movement; not a revolution but a rebel-ution...and in todayís evil world this record was needed...
Wu-International: Tragedy is a legend in his own right, Priest, Razah and Timbo King are all high calibre emcees, very little was known about you before the project but I have to admit you held your ground and did your thing on the bum project, was there any pressure to perform being in a group with already established emcees?
William Cooper: Well I'm not new to rapping; been doing that since I was twelve...but I was new to worldwide exposure...to me there was no pressure because I love a challenge...and I wanted the world to know that I get busy on the mic too...I wanted to let people know I do more than just make beats....and I feel that mission was accomplished...

Wu-International: So what was it like working with Bo King, Razah, Priest and Trag?
William Cooper: It was a pleasure to work with everyone of them...there is so much talent and gold records between all of them...it was a very memorable experience...

Wu-International: When heads with so much skills and talents come together, there is bound to be one or two cases of disagreements or arguments, where there any of that between you and other members of the group and do you care to share that experience with us?
William Cooper: Well me and Priest fight over things all the time; me and him almost took it to throwing punches a couple of times; because we are both very passionate about our music...but when its said and done, we get the best out of one another...and when we argue; we not fighting each other; we fighting to make the best possible music we can...me and priest have great chemistry in the studio...and neither one of us are yes men, so we both always get our input in...Priest is a real good brother...
Question: Some of the songs on the BMM album covered subjects on Islamic beliefs, Hebraic teachings, and five-percenters ideologies, do you following any of these teachings or other spiritual beliefs?

http://wu-international.com/images/Others/WillaimcoopBMM.jpg William Cooper: Well I'm not the most religious person...I was raised Catholic...but I feel religion divides more than anything...but I am very spiritual person...and I dabble in many of the worlds religions and also follow many of there teachings and beliefs... but I donít put a title on it, I am just a spiritualist....thereís alot of truth out in the universe, you just have to find it...you know, eat the meat and spit out the bones....

Wu-International: how well was the bum project received by the public?
William Cooper: Even until this day, every single review I have read or heard has been positive...not even one negative review, and thatís rare to see these days....I just wish we did some videos so we could have reached more people...these days you need a video to grab the attention of the public...

Wu-International: So will there be a follow up to the BMM project, and if so how soon do you think the fans have to wait?
William Cooper: There will be a "BMM part 2" when the time is right...when we can get everyone together and make something classic once again...we have all been talking about chapter 2... and it will happen when the time is right...

Wu-International: I've heard a number of lost tracks or songs that never made it to the BMM album on mixtapes or exclusives, why did some of the songs not end up on the album and do you or the group have any future plans of releasing those songs some time in the future?
William Cooper: We probably have a whole another album worth of material...we would just do songs...and the ones that fit the album the best would make the album....some of those songs may or may not be released in the future...it all depends on the final overall record...whatever we have to do to make it a classic....

Wu-International: Ok, I think anyone that heard you on bum album would have bowed down and giving you your respect dues, not trying to flatter or gas you up but honestly speaking your skills on the mic is way-way above average for a new or even compared to most emcees out right now, how long have you been in the game?
William Cooper: Thank you for the love...been rapping since 12 years old...I am just now getting worldwide exposure... it feels great and long overdue...

Wu-International: Ok, well, letís talk a little bit more about your self, what where you doing prior to the BMM project, and where you always in a group or been a solo artist from the beginning?
William Cooper: Through the years I have been apart of local groups here and there... but I have always been a solo artist at heart...being a solo artist you can get more personal and creative...

Wu-International: The question above was based on the fact that you not only rep BMM, but also the Eloheem Team, Gem Starr regime and the Ghost and the Darkness, can you please tell us more about these affiliations?
William Cooper: Well after my solo album drops...I'm doing a group album with my homey/brother "Bloodsport" called "The ghost and the darkness"...you may have heard bloodsport on the song "Stand Still" with Killah Priest and Immortal Technique... we also have the Eloheem Team coming which is myself, Starrblazz, and Killah Priest, you will hear from Timbo and Razah on that record too... that will be another classic... and the Gemstarr regime is my company and group (I'ma keep the group a secret for now) that will also be out in the next year or so....I been very busy working on all these projects and I cant wait for the world to here them....

Wu-International: Interesting, another joint with Priest will be ill, do you have any projects (EPs, albums, mixtapes, singles) out before the BMM album, if so how can the fans get their hands on it?
William Cooper: Like I said earlier, I produced and a&r'ed on tragedy khadafi's "still reporting" album and I a&r'ed on the Starrblazz "the way of the bullet" album...but the solo is coming sooner than you think...its almost done...

Wu-International: OK then, lets talk about the name William cooper, this is not your real name is it? If itís not, please tell us reason you have chosen to be called William cooper?
William Cooper: I named myself after Milton William Cooper.... he was the author of "Behold A Pale Horse"...this is a must read.... this book exposed the government in so many ways... and he was later killed for doing so... if you donít know who Milton William Cooper is...please take the time to do a google search and get your read on or purchase his book "Behold A Pale Horse"...or download some of his lectures...he is a true American hero...

Wu-International: Yes, I have read that book, thanks, I know you also go by the aliases Boothís, why Booth, and any other names you go by that we should know of?
William Cooper: I go by Booth "John Wilkes Booth", one of the worlds most famous assassins...he assassinated President Lincoln...I use this name when I produce cause the way I be killin the tracks and William Cooper when I rap...

Wu-International: Thanks, on other personal note, where are you original from and where are you currently located?
William Cooper: Bloomfield; New Jersey... currently I live everywhere...you have to move around and spread yourself out in order to make it in the music industry....

Wu-International: Hope you donít mind me asking this but some of the fans wanted to know what your ethnic background was?
William Cooper: I'm 50% Lithuanian, 25% Sicilian, and 25% German...

Wu-International: Interesting mix, has there ever been an issue of you being white or fair skin in an all black star line up from peers, or fans alike?
William Cooper: There are still many ignorant people in the world...so for some it will always be an issue... but I try to let my music speak for itself... I make music; and music is not one colour...music is so many colours...

Wu-International: True indeed, what was it like growing up in New Jersey? What is one of your earliest memories?
William Cooper: You know times is hard on everybodyís bvld...luckily I have a great group of family and friends that continue to help me along the way...new jersey is a great home with a lot of talent...

Wu-International: Every artist in the game has been influenced by someone or group, who would you say are your influences both lyrically and style wise as an emcee? http://wu-international.com/images/Others/Willaimcoop.jpg William Cooper: I have had many influences....too many to name them all... Run DMC.; The beastie Boys "Licence To Ill l"; Kool G Rap; Wu-Tang Clan; Nas; and the list goes on...I admire alot of artist, but I always do my own thing when its my turn to speak... Wu-International: what would you say you were trying to achieve with your music?
William Cooper: I want to tear the blindfold off the eyes of the public...make good music, and make a decent living making music...
Wu-International: So, what makes William cooper different from other emcees in the game?
William Cooper: There is substance in my music... its not just words that rhyme on a beat put together for the sake of making a song...its a part of me...

Wu-International: Your resume says you also produce as well as a&r, please tell us more about these roles and experiences if any?
William Cooper: I love to a&r and to sculpt an album into a classic piece of art...I also love to produce when I have time...I just did a banger for "Trife Da God" of the Theodore Unit...I also did a banger for "9th Prince" of Killarmy...I plan on doing even more production in the future...and Iím always lookin for another a&r job....

Wu-International: You said earlier you are putting finishing touches on an album ďBeware of the pale horseĒ, interesting title, can you tell us why you have given it that name?
William Cooper: Well its a spin off of Milton William Cooper's "Behold a pale horse"...Iím carrying the torch for those who have ears to hear and eyes to see....I deal with alot of political issues on this record... and the title just fits for my debut...

Wu-International: More on the album, what names can we expect on the guest list of emcees, singers or producers?
William Cooper: Killah Priest, Rev. Al Sharpton, Blue Raspberry (Wu-tang songstress ), Timbo King, Hell Razah, Trife the God, Starrblazz and more... I didnít make the final track listing yet, so Iím still not sure...

Wu-International: Thanks, how many songs have you completed for this album and what is the timeline for the release?
William Cooper: I have recorded about 25 and will pick 12 to 14 for the final track list... God willing it will be released later this year...

Wu-International: will it be a street album or do you have a label behind it at this moment?
William Cooper: It's still up in the air...Iím taking meetings and if the numbers are right then ill sign...but with the all of the upgrades in technology, I donít want to sign another small-time deal... if there is no serious money involved I may distribute this record myself through the internet, mom and pops stores, some major chain stores, and the streets... but as we speak it is all still up in the air...

Wu-International: Apart from the political contents, what else as in types of concepts, issues, topics and so on will you be covering on this album?
William Cooper: I touch on a little bit of everything...everything that goes on in this world...the good the bad and the ugly...you know...

Wu-International: Do you have any favourite song off the album at this moment you would like to tell us about, or perhaps the first single?
William Cooper: Iím having a hard time picking a single... thereís alot of good music recorded for this album...I really put my heart into this record...its my debut solo record...and once you put something out into the universe you cant take it back...so I been taking my time...

Wu-International: So how hard do you work on a verse? Does the verse go through many changes before you decide on the final version?
William Cooper: It depends some take 5 minutes some take 5 days...it all depends...when its done its done...you know...

Wu-International: An underlying theme that ran throughout your lyrics on the BMM album was a mixture of streets, spirituality and life in general, what role do you feel consciousness plays in hip-hop music today, and what do you add to that?
William Cooper: Thereís not too much conscious music out there these days...I wish there was more, but you gotta always do your best to have balance in your music or anything else you do in life....the yin and yang, right from wrong, good from evil, cops will kill you... you know things like that...

Wu-International: Working with already established artists that have been in the game for a long time, what are some things youíve learned from those experiences that youíve applied to this project?
William Cooper: I learn something new everyday...and I learned that you have to have your business side of your game sharp...because you got vampires wit fangs that want to have there cake and eat it too; and then they wanna eat your cake...my black market brothers have been there to help me with the business side of things....

Wu-International: Last week marked the 5th anniversary of the 9/11 attack on us, what are your views on the attack, and the politics behind it all in general?
William Cooper: 911 was the greatest lie ever sold...R.I.P. to all the lives lost and all the families that were affected....

Wu-International: Being a member of the BMM has gained you the same fans from the ever growing Wu-Tang Clan and affiliates (Wu Killa Beez) fan base, what are your feelings on this?
William Cooper: The wu-tang clan is my favourite group of all time...so in that sense it feels great...I just donít wanna get stuck under that umbrella that many Wu-affiliates get stuck under... I have a lot to offer this game...itís only the beginning...much respect to Wu-Tang....all praises due....

Wu-International: If you were to work with one member from the Wu-tang clan, who would that be and why?
William Cooper: Ghostface because I feel the passion in his music... that man is real wit it... or GZA/Genius because heís so prolific....actually I would like to do a song wit all of them.....and thatís real...

Wu-International: There were rumours on some forums some time back that you left The Black Market Milita, are there any truth to these rumours?
William Cooper: Not at all; just during the release of the record I had alot of legal issues that needed to be handled and I was going through alot of personal issues that needed to be handled....I wasnít around for a while because these issues came first on my list of priorities...

Wu-International: Apart from music, what other hobbies / interests do you dabble into?
William Cooper: I would love to direct movies and even act in them eventually...but music is my first passion ....I also want to write a book in the near future....

Wu-International: I am personally looking forward to your album, so after "Beware Of The Pale Horse" drops, whatís next on the menu?
William Cooper: The Ghost and the Darkness, The Eloheem team, The Gemstarr regime.... and BMM part 2 somewhere in there....

Wu-International: Do you plan on releasing any mixtapes before or after the album drops?
William Cooper: As of now no.... but I will be feeding many mixtapes DJs with some songs to help promote the record though.... Wu-International: You have a myspace account but do you have an official site that the fans can keep up to date on with you on?
William Cooper: I am in the process of constructing an official website as we speak...

Wu-International: What groups or solo act out there in hip-hop are you currently feeling? or rather, what are you listening to right now?
William Cooper: That Bronze Nazareth album is pretty tough... other than that Iím still listening to Supreme Clientele, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, Liquid Swords...and alot of old school R&B...and the War Report...

Wu-International: Ok, quick word association, I am going to say a group/name and you would say the first word that pops in your head, for examples if I say ďdead prezĒ, you may say ďrevolutionĒ, etc, here we goÖ

Word: President Bush?
William Cooper: Crime boss

Word: AIDS?
William Cooper: Government-made

Word: Hip hop?
William Cooper: What flows through my veins

Word: Wu-tang
William Cooper: forever

Word: Religion?
William Cooper: Division http://wu-international.com/images/Others/Willaimcoop4.jpg
Wu-International: Thanks man, you are a great sport, to round up, any words of wisdom to up and coming emcees?
William Cooper: If your going to choose this lifestyle, and it is a lifestyle...you cant half step...you gotta give 100%... making music is the easy part, there is so much more of a grind once you have product.... once you have product you have to hustle and hustle....and donít get comfortable... because comfort is the enemy of progress...keep grindin; you get out what you put in....

Wu-International: thanks for your time Booth, last question, do you have any thing else to add that we might have missed out? shout outs or last words for the fans and to be fans?
William Cooper: Peace to all the supporters of my music, Wu-International.com, and all of my loved ones... it feels good to know the worlds listening..."Beware of the pale horse" is just about completed and Iím looking forward to sharing it with the world...peace and blessings.

$inista
10-13-2006, 03:44 PM
nice i wanna read this

Tetsuo
10-13-2006, 04:45 PM
Thanks.

snapple
10-13-2006, 05:19 PM
good looks