PDA

View Full Version : Ludacris Appreciation Thread

TSA
10-14-2006, 08:04 AM
so yea, out of no where luda's getting a lot of hate from the dungeon and dragons side of this forum. So im letting everyone know that Ludacris is a god damn legend and if you don't like him at least respect him. Ludacris to this generation is exactly what Meth is to his generation. Look at it this way, i see them as perfect equals but like meth WAAYYYY more, that's just my style, but i seem them as perfect equals cause they both had a classic first album, and inventive styles. The only reason i wouldn't put luda higher then MEth is cause meth is in WU and they accomplished waaayy more the luda, but on an individual level its a fact that ludacris has been more consistant in making good albums. That's what it boils down it Ludacris makes GOOD albums, every last one of them, im yet to hear a bad song by him. If you don't like him, whatever then don't, but respect him as a young jeezy fan should respect ghostface even if they don't like ghost, and don't say this "he went commericail" shit cause he's been the same his whole career, and he represents real hip hop just as hard as any WU member on the solo tip (except Gza) he just happens to make songs people like cause they're fun and feel good to that crowd.

ShaDynasty
10-14-2006, 08:46 AM
lol
ludacris is fucking gay and whats more, hes not equal to method man
his first album is not classic like tical

and who gives a fuck if a young jeezy fan doesnt respect ghost
their opinion already doesnt matter

TSA
10-14-2006, 08:51 AM
lol
ludacris is fucking gay and whats more, hes not equal to method man
his first album is not classic like tical

and who gives a fuck if a young jeezy fan doesnt respect ghost
their opinion already doesnt matter

dude your drunken Wu masta, nobody cares if you died. There's a list of all of raps classic albums and Back For the First time is on it, and the list is VERY crediable, i just can't remember what the list was called. I hear the old cats talking about what it was like in their school when Wu-forever dropped, and they describe the same scene as when Back for the First time dropped at my school, im in no way comparing them, but it's understandably a classic, you probably like Tical style more then Back For the First Time, but there's people who like Back For The.. style more then Tical, those people have no right to say Tical ain't classic, same goes for you. I like tical WAY more but im not bais, i can see both sides for what they are.

ShaDynasty
10-14-2006, 09:03 AM
no youre wrong, its as simple as that, ludas first album was average

and what you mean no-one would care if i died?
would anyone care if you died?
fuckin stupid thing to say

McTom
10-14-2006, 09:06 AM
I only heard "Word of Mouf" and I think it sucks, only one or two goods tracks, the rest seems filler to me. I actually only like him in that Missy Elliot track, Gossip Folks. I hate him on Tical 0 and everywhere else...

CID DIGITAL
10-14-2006, 09:51 AM
Chicken and beer's Diamond in the back was a classic cut. Word of mouf was hella good when it dropped. Still is now and then. Cant nobody match ludas charisma(sp?). The guy has a style that you have to say, is original. Back for the first time didnt mean much to me cuz it was mostly club music. Not that I cant dig that. It just that if you listen to how amazing the flow was then you know he coulda came better. I feel that he did step his game up with word of mouf. Red light district had some clear misses. It seemed that with RLD that he was starting to beat a dead horse. The production was great but how many times can he come with the same rhymes? I previewed release therapy and I have to say that the production is ill as always but it seemed like he was stretching for topics to build on. Luda is okay but Wu-Tang is the best.

TSA
10-14-2006, 10:16 AM
Chicken and beer's Diamond in the back was a classic cut. Word of mouf was hella good when it dropped. Still is now and then. Cant nobody match ludas charisma(sp?). The guy has a style that you have to say, is original. Back for the first time didnt mean much to me cuz it was mostly club music. Not that I cant dig that. It just that if you listen to how amazing the flow was then you know he coulda came better. I feel that he did step his game up with word of mouf. Red light district had some clear misses. It seemed that with RLD that he was starting to beat a dead horse. The production was great but how many times can he come with the same rhymes? I previewed release therapy and I have to say that the production is ill as always but it seemed like he was stretching for topics to build on. Luda is okay but Wu-Tang is the best.
you make a lot of sense but i don't want people to think this is a Wu vs. luda thread, he can't fuck with them, but on tracks with ghost and meth he's held his ground, so i respect that.

famenchuan
10-14-2006, 10:19 AM
does luda even write his own lyrics?

cap
10-14-2006, 10:19 AM
im really diggin luda,ever sine i copped word of mouf!!
and i cant believe how many people dislike red light district!!
luda is dopeness,and yall as hip hop fans should be glad we have someone like that in the mainstream.

TSA
10-14-2006, 10:22 AM
no youre wrong, its as simple as that, ludas first album was average

and what you mean no-one would care if i died?
would anyone care if you died?
fuckin stupid thing to say

why yes, yes they would

CID DIGITAL
10-14-2006, 10:24 AM
you make a lot of sense but i don't want people to think this is a Wu vs. luda thread, he can't fuck with them, but on tracks with ghost and meth he's held his ground, so i respect that.

Peace.

The comment was based on ODB at the Grammys. The one about luda being ok but Wu being the best.

ShaDynasty
10-14-2006, 10:31 AM
why yes, yes they would

and people would care if i died too, so you said something fuckin stupid

Sicka than aidZ
10-14-2006, 10:33 AM
luda's alright, i think he spreads a good vibe. i mean he could be worse. i dont know he's fuckin funny

TSA
10-14-2006, 11:06 AM
and people would care if i died too, so you said something fuckin stupid

no seriously they wouldn't, think about it, there's no way you'd be able to be straight after being this gay online lol. If you acted the way you do here, or said half the shit you did, nobody would care if you died. Not to mention only a waste of life would say half of the things you say. infact you KNOW your a waste of life, your ego won't let you admit it, but there's times where you were full aware you were a waste of life. there's a reason nobody likes you, and those times you realize it, are your wises moments. think about it.

ShaDynasty
10-14-2006, 11:16 AM
no seriously they wouldn't, think about it, there's no way you'd be able to be straight after being this gay online lol. If you acted the way you do here, or said half the shit you did, nobody would care if you died. Not to mention only a waste of life would say half of the things you say. infact you KNOW your a waste of life, your ego won't let you admit it, but there's times where you were full aware you were a waste of life. there's a reason nobody likes you, and those times you realize it, are your wises moments. think about it.

nah youre just an asshole
youre the only one on here that dont like me

TSA
10-14-2006, 11:19 AM
nah youre just an asshole
youre the only one on here that dont like me

HA! my ass, make a poll, idk how to but MAKE A POLL

Half Cut Skeleton
10-14-2006, 11:22 AM
i really like the back for the first time album...thought it was better than average maybe not a classic but still bangin'. what i think about ludacris after this album is that he portrays his character Skinny Black in hustle in flow alot. like he came with some new sounding shit and then fell off and left what was maing him so good

ShaDynasty
10-14-2006, 11:23 AM
e-beefing is stupid, but i would like to know why exactly you have a problem with me. seriously no-one else acts like you are on the site, if theyre dissing me its jokes, and i diss em back. you are just acting like a jerk. why?

The Antagonist
10-14-2006, 11:40 AM
luda has always been underrated, but I will say he is done at this point. His new album is grade-a dog shit...red light districts had a couple good tracks but that was the begining of the end.
lol, im pretty sure Luda writes his own lyrics...if he doesn't, then hes got an incredible writer because hes of the best punchline rappers theres been.
Chicken N Beer was my fav....there are only 2 or 3 tracks I dont like....one of the last tracks is the We Got joint...that is his probably his best song...fuckin nuts...DJ Paul beat...its got a couple of the DTP guys that set it off and do pretty damn well, then Chingy spits his career verse and then Luda tears it up...man what was it, it was sick...somethin like
"Fuck a medic, we gon call yo ass a taxi cab
bleedin so hard you need a life-size maxi pad
so flip the script and tell your woman its your time of the month
ak47 for you niggaz really lookin for heaven and a nine for you chumps
got killaz in my squad and im the nicest one in my group
but I got bannanas for you niggaz
and I aint talkin bout fruit"

and it keeps going...hella sick...i'll up it if someone wants to hear it
but yeah, Luda at least deserves a little respect

TSA
10-14-2006, 11:40 AM
e-beefing is stupid, but i would like to know why exactly you have a problem with me. seriously no-one else acts like you are on the site, if theyre dissing me its jokes, and i diss em back. you are just acting like a jerk. why?

cause im a dick, and you notorious for saying things that ride wu dick too hard, backpack too much, and flat out annoy people, and you flash your bias around without thinking or stepping outside of your skin. plus nobodies joking. you in like, the top 5 faggots here. sorry to be a dick though, but when i get pissed of i can be hurtful. People would care if you died, that's just how much you, and a lot of the people here piss me off, it makes it hard to be a fan of Wu when the only people you can talk to Wu about have the nerve to say eminem isn't a good rapper, and if he were in wu you know they wouldn't dare fuck around like that, cause dude, lyrically Rza<Eminem. but whatever, im just sick of Wu fans making me not like wu, and i can't just ignore it cause i come here and check for news on Cuban Linx 2 and on the reply to the bulletin someone says RAEKWONS COMMERICAL NOW I SEEN A PIC OF HIM AND YOUNG JEEZY, you have to see how frustrating that is, and Wu is phenominal and i want them to succeed more then anything but when thier fans drag them down, or rappers that don't deserve it, it's a problem. Im glad we have ludacris cause you know what, we also have J.D and lil romeo.

The Antagonist
10-14-2006, 11:42 AM
o yeah and Welcome to Atlanta was the fuckin shit too

TAURO
10-14-2006, 11:50 AM
I like Luda, he's one of the few mc's thats on that floss shit that I like..why? because he has charisma and defies conventions.

He is a perfect example of a maintream mc that keeps his shit original despite being on those usual topics, cars, money etc...

The Antagonist
10-14-2006, 11:58 AM
^^^Real talk...dude had been mianstream pretty much from the begining yet hes one of the most orignal mcs I can think of.
and plus, dude knows how to lite up the grill... Luda vs bill o reilly > nas vs jay-z

ShaDynasty
10-14-2006, 12:00 PM
cause im a dick, and you notorious for saying things that ride wu dick too hard, backpack too much, and flat out annoy people, and you flash your bias around without thinking or stepping outside of your skin. plus nobodies joking. you in like, the top 5 faggots here. sorry to be a dick though, but when i get pissed of i can be hurtful. People would care if you died, that's just how much you, and a lot of the people here piss me off, it makes it hard to be a fan of Wu when the only people you can talk to Wu about have the nerve to say eminem isn't a good rapper, and if he were in wu you know they wouldn't dare fuck around like that, cause dude, lyrically Rza<Eminem. but whatever, im just sick of Wu fans making me not like wu, and i can't just ignore it cause i come here and check for news on Cuban Linx 2 and on the reply to the bulletin someone says RAEKWONS COMMERICAL NOW I SEEN A PIC OF HIM AND YOUNG JEEZY, you have to see how frustrating that is, and Wu is phenominal and i want them to succeed more then anything but when thier fans drag them down, or rappers that don't deserve it, it's a problem. Im glad we have ludacris cause you know what, we also have J.D and lil romeo.

yeah but im not one of the worst posters on here, not by a fuckin longshot, a quick browse thru the forums should tell you that
and youre basically using me as an example, cos i never said rza was better than eminem or rae is commercial
for real rant at someone else, muthafuckers on here dont even know you
you angry looking for a confrontation all the time

Kenny Powers
10-14-2006, 07:16 PM
Back for the first time and Word of mouf are good, but chicken and beer is a fuckin joke of an album, it sucks. Anyone who says luda is underrated is a dumbass because if nething hes overrated cause the mainstream audience loves him. Hes not a legend, hes just a decent rapper, nuff said!

WuTangWarrior
10-14-2006, 10:57 PM
i agree with like 50% of the stuff u said, lmao @ the dungeons and dragons side of this forum, yea that side is gettin fuckin annoying hatin on everyone

Bone Collecta
10-15-2006, 12:12 AM
there is no such thing as real hip hop

CID DIGITAL
10-15-2006, 01:18 PM

Yes there is. Its when you are fully focused to the art and life that conducts the art. Come on now BC, you know better than that shit. Peace Midas.

Skellington
10-15-2006, 01:29 PM
No apreciation

Bone Collecta
10-15-2006, 04:07 PM
Yes there is. Its when you are fully focused to the art and life that conducts the art. Come on now BC, you know better than that shit. Peace Midas.

How do you say whats real and what isnt?

how come when NYers were and still are talking about guns and coke its considered hip hop.

but when the south does party music its not real hip hop?

did you fools forget how hip hop started?

it started as party music. THEN the lyrical people came in.

There is NO such thing as real Hip Hop its not even a form of music Hip Hop is a sub culture not a genre of music.

TSA
10-15-2006, 06:22 PM
How do you say whats real and what isnt?

how come when NYers were and still are talking about guns and coke its considered hip hop.

but when the south does party music its not real hip hop?

did you fools forget how hip hop started?

it started as party music. THEN the lyrical people came in.

There is NO such thing as real Hip Hop its not even a form of music Hip Hop is a sub culture not a genre of music.

i hope you fuck mad bitches in years to come. Truest shit ever. TRUEST SHIT EVER!, And how come you nerd asses can't consider they're putting they're energy in the art and science of making party hip hop? Even when the south isn't making partty hip hop, and they're talking about the streets it's not "real hip hop" fuckin geeks.

Prolifical ENG
10-15-2006, 07:35 PM

That is a good sentence...too bad it alone is taking away from the thread since its a large concept within itself.

People always try to draw the borderlines of what musical genres and subgenres are....its has always and always will happen.

TAURO
10-15-2006, 07:44 PM
Even when the south isn't making partty hip hop, and they're talking about the streets it's not "real hip hop" fuckin geeks.

How you figure? I could name alot of mc's from the south that rhyme about the streets in the form of that real shit.

Prolifical ENG
10-15-2006, 07:48 PM
How you figure? I could name alot of mc's from the south that rhyme about the streets in the form of that real shit.

nah he was being sarcastic.....I guess it was just awkward wording....lol

CID DIGITAL
10-15-2006, 08:22 PM
That is a good sentence...too bad it alone is taking away from the thread since its a large concept within itself.

People always try to draw the borderlines of what musical genres and subgenres are....its has always and always will happen.

Then why call this chaber "hip-hop shop"?

why not call it music talk?

Prolifical ENG
10-15-2006, 08:30 PM
Then why call this chaber "hip-hop shop"?

why not call it music talk?

Well "hip-hop shop" sounds good i guess...lol

Im the mod...I decide what is hip-hop and what goes into/gets moved into the sound shack :D

TSA
10-16-2006, 10:28 AM

your agreeing with me, im just saying that's what the pokemon veterans on this board would say

Dante
10-16-2006, 10:40 AM
Luda is cool in my book. He's the "Redman" from the south. I'd say he has more in common with Red than Meth, but that's just me.

Dokuro
10-16-2006, 10:43 AM
luda is a very talented arttest but i cant get pass his base slanging tendensys hes a busta to me and will alwas be

Greek Gheynician Anal Tradition
10-16-2006, 03:27 PM
The last cd is fuckin ghey..RESPEKT to the old Luda..

Bone Collecta
10-16-2006, 06:17 PM
i hope you fuck mad bitches in years to come. Truest shit ever. TRUEST SHIT EVER!, And how come you nerd asses can't consider they're putting they're energy in the art and science of making party hip hop? Even when the south isn't making partty hip hop, and they're talking about the streets it's not "real hip hop" fuckin geeks.

thank u sir

ShaDynasty
10-16-2006, 06:22 PM
def jam are pricks
since luda signed to def jam hes had 5 albums out, and redmans had....
...one
freal id prefer 5 red albums than 5 luda shits...

TAURO
10-16-2006, 09:14 PM
your agreeing with me, im just saying that's what the pokemon veterans on this board would say

My bad you may carry on slaying these geeks.

Bedlam
10-16-2006, 11:23 PM
I don't like when Luda gets on that slow, soulful tip. I like most all his singles, I've never really gotten into his albums though. #1 spot was fucking gay, just because of the video and the Austin Powers 3 years too late theme. Overall I like him, he keeps doin his thing better than most of the south and has alot of witty lines here and there.

snapple
10-16-2006, 11:29 PM
^^that video was ridiculious haha his videos are always funny as hell and just have bomb chicks