PDA

View Full Version : Why Won't Canibus Work With New York Producers?

CharlesJones
10-14-2006, 01:56 PM
I don't understand why he won't work with DJ Premier, Kenny Parker(KRS One's brother), DJ Scratch, Pete Rock, Large Professor, Da Beatminerz, Havoc of Mobb Deep, Diamond D, Buckwild, Erick Sermon, The RZA. If he worked with these producers, his albums would be a lot better than what they are. Only albums i like by him are 2000 B.C., Hip Hop For Sale, Def Con Zero. 2000 B.C. is his best one though. His first album should've been way better than what it was. He got the nerve to blame Wyclef for his first album flopping. That ain't Wyclef's fault. I'm sure Canibus had some input on the producers he wanted to work with on his first album and the rest of his albums but for some reason, he continues to have shitty beats and that's why his albums suck. It doesn't make sense for somebody like him that can rap his ass off but he never put his tight lyrics with hard beats.

cap
10-14-2006, 02:00 PM
well technically dj premier is from texas,but i understand what u mean.
yeah canibus's beats is one of the reasons i sleep on him.

12weLvE
10-14-2006, 02:08 PM
I cant really hear canibus over Premiere.

CharlesJones
10-14-2006, 02:17 PM
Are you crazy? Canibus rapping over a Premier beat would be ill.

cap
10-14-2006, 02:19 PM
hell yeah,any dope rapper would sound sick with primo!!

venex
10-14-2006, 02:20 PM
true, canibus would be nice on primo beats...

Most people will disagree, but I didn't like him over stoupe beats from the "jack the ripper" album.... altough I love stoupe's work with jedi mind

snapple
10-14-2006, 02:24 PM
probably because canibus isn't respected in real life like he is on this website.

CharlesJones
10-14-2006, 02:58 PM
Venex i agree with you. Rip The Jacker album did suck because of the beats.

Spartibus
10-14-2006, 04:32 PM
^^*Shakes Head* i know it's all opinions at the end of the day,
but that statement if just plain fucked...peace.

GhostfaceThaPharoahe
10-14-2006, 06:18 PM
probably because canibus isn't respected in real life like he is on this website.

word.

oldie
10-14-2006, 09:15 PM
Bis' best album(s)????

i got 2000 b.c

oDoUoSoKo
10-15-2006, 04:52 PM
uh canibus HAS worked wit premier, recently on this song thats mad short, but good...forgot the name tho

Rakim_Allah
10-15-2006, 05:43 PM
Rip The Jacker was bis best album

7EL7
10-15-2006, 07:19 PM
i only heard 2 album by Bis and they were both classics

albums i can listen to without skipping songs

i heard bits and pieces of other stuff he has done

he does not need strong beats
its better when he's rhyming over simple rhythms

He's an MC who does not need iLL beats to make him sound good

Second Coming
10-15-2006, 08:08 PM
Supposedly Canibus and Primo have been in the lab together recently. Premier mentioned something about it in a blog on his myspace page a few months back. Can't wait to hear how that shit sounds.

Dante
10-15-2006, 08:13 PM
Bis' best album(s)????

i got 2000 b.c

Thats all you need cuz thats his only good album

Dante
10-15-2006, 08:16 PM
He's an MC who does not need iLL beats to make him sound good

:lmao:

Not only does he need good beats, he also needs a much better voice to sound good.

The Lost Prophet
10-16-2006, 02:46 AM
sohh.com has just reported that primo is and has been in the studio wit bis, he did a song wit nas for his new album but they mite do one full album together after this album (both nas and priomo have said this) and he is currently in negotiations wit doin a comeback album wit whitney houston and all of this was quoted by him sayen so

Lil' Ruger
10-16-2006, 02:53 AM
because papoose is from new york and canibus and papoose are possible future names for animal species so they aqct like animals and he respects paps territory.

or not....

Robert
10-16-2006, 04:09 AM
Lyrically Canibus is top five and thats the truth......beat wise, not so good, think you gotta appreciate this guy more for his lyricism then the beats.............an example, Mic Club has some of bis's best raps on it, some real good verses (Poet Loreate, The C-section, Master Thesis, Bis vs. Rip, Allied Meta Forces) but the beats are kinda average and some are terrible.......still, Rip The Jacker shouldn't be slept on (for Poet Loreate II alone) and 2000 B.C is an ill battle rap album......i wish bis had teamed up wit some of those dudes sooner, i mean his first album was supposed to be him and preme......my 2 cents......